|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1b, The Plan of the Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term does Bacon use to describe syllogism?
(a) Between a rock and a hard place.
(b) In one ear and out the other.
(c) Garbage in, garbage out.
(d) The pot calling the kettle black.
2. Bacon suggests that man should try to focus on their ___ powers.
3. It is stated that the author believes that men tend to misunderstand their _____.
4. How many parts are there to the work?
5. Francis Bacon believes that it is ____ for him to write the following work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Those that ran the polity of science were ____.
2. Since the observer is ____, he must look to history for similar observations.
3. The ancients looked only to the stars and as such became too focused on ____ and abstract meditation.
4. Of the ideas of the mind are poorly constructed and ____.
5. The only way out of ____ is to build a plan of inquiry.
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)