|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1b, The Plan of the Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the ideas of the mind are poorly constructed and ____.
(b) Ill formed.
2. Bacon rejects a certain type of reasoning because it is too _____ and independent of the empirical.
3. Bacon asks the ____ God to grant him the power to help humanity.
4. Which of the following are said to have had no role except for in mechanics?
5. It is from the _____ of our causes that are planned fail.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bacon states that people tend lean toward false and hasty ______.
2. Many things may be improved by using instruments of _____.
3. What adjective is used to describe this particular course of inquiry?
4. It is the ____ of power that caused angels to fall.
5. The _____ way starts out hard but ends in "open country."
This section contains 155 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)