|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1b, The Plan of the Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What years did the King serve England?
2. Bacon lays out a plan for organizing which of the following?
(b) Scientific inquiry.
3. The sixth part refers to the _______ course of inquiry.
4. We must avoid our ____if we want to see the pattern of the world..
5. A person's examination of the world should involve true _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Biblical person was condemned for illicit moral knowledge?
2. Bacon rejects a certain type of reasoning because it is too _____ and independent of the empirical.
3. What adjective is used to describe this particular course of inquiry?
4. The only way out of ____ is to build a plan of inquiry.
5. Francis Bacon believes that it is ____ for him to write the following work.
This section contains 153 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)