|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1b, The Plan of the Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bacon states that a new logic has a different _____ from the old logic.
(a) Starting point.
2. Bacon asks the ____ God to grant him the power to help humanity.
3. Which of the following items is needed to find the systematic order a particular subject?
4. Bacon went to work for which King of England?
5. The author states that everything should be observed from the _____ to the human body.
(a) Bottom of the sea.
(c) Earth's core.
(d) Smallest insect.
Short Answer Questions
1. We need methods that can discover causes and deliver philosophy's first:
2. The first part of the work is to equip the intellect to do which of the following?
3. The new logic is designed to command active ____.
4. Instead, men placed too much focus on their ____.
5. The author states that the work is only a beginning that developing this philosophy is starting the real _____ of the human race.
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)