|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1b, The Plan of the Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With clear ____, the intellect can become more powerful.
2. Part of the reason for the movement was to show that the knowledge in _____ was stagnant.
(a) The Church.
(b) The Scientific Community.
(d) The public's consciousness.
3. Bacon begs the King to be a ____ and respecter of the Sciences.
4. The ancients looked only to the stars and as such became too focused on ____ and abstract meditation.
5. Bacon went to work for which King of England?
Short Answer Questions
1. It is stated that the author believes that men tend to misunderstand their _____.
2. Which of the following promises to remedy the problem by offering repeatable testable methods of inquiry?
3. The first part of the work is to equip the intellect to do which of the following?
4. What years did the King serve England?
5. It is the ____ of power that caused angels to fall.
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)