|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1b, The Plan of the Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The _____ way starts out hard but ends in "open country."
2. It is stated that the author believes that men tend to misunderstand their _____.
3. Bacon states that a new logic has a different _____ from the old logic.
(b) Starting point.
4. Bacon states that reason can reconstruct human knowledge, science, and ____.
5. At the same time, men tend to underestimate their _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. Many things may be improved by using instruments of _____.
2. The first part of the work is to equip the intellect to do which of the following?
3. Bacon says that ____ is "more precious than anything on earth."
4. The sixth part refers to the _______ course of inquiry.
5. The only way out of ____ is to build a plan of inquiry.
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)