|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1b, The Plan of the Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bacon suggests that man should try to focus on their ___ powers.
2. The _____ way starts out hard but ends in "open country."
3. Which is not one of the parts of the plan?
(a) Division of Sciences.
(b) The Ladder of the Intellect.
(c) The New Philosophy.
(d) History of Philosophy.
4. If man was able to focus on these powers, he would be able to master which of the following?
(b) The Universe.
5. Bacon states that reason can reconstruct human knowledge, science, and ____.
Short Answer Questions
1. Many things may be improved by using instruments of _____.
2. Which of the following are said to have had no role except for in mechanics?
3. Bacon believes that the meeting between the two entities must return to its _______.
4. The problem is that common logic also requires more ____.
5. Ultimately, man is nature's _____.
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)