|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1b, The Plan of the Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If man was able to focus on these powers, he would be able to master which of the following?
(b) The Universe.
2. Bacon's goal is to collect particular _______ and then make inferences about general principles.
(d) Schools of thought.
3. It is important that man be able to gather clues from _____.
(a) Each other.
4. Which is not one of the parts of the plan?
(a) The Ladder of the Intellect.
(b) History of Philosophy.
(c) Division of Sciences.
(d) The New Philosophy.
5. Bacon states that man can only obey _____ causes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Many things may be improved by using instruments of _____.
2. Of the philosophers attempt to amend simple human observation with ridiculous _____.
3. The only way out of ____ is to build a plan of inquiry.
4. Bacon believes that the human mind easily misuses its ____ in many ways.
5. In ordinary logic, _____ reigns.
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)