|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1b, The Plan of the Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Those that ran the polity of science were ____.
2. Which is not one of the parts of the plan?
(a) History of Philosophy.
(b) Division of Sciences.
(c) The Ladder of the Intellect.
(d) The New Philosophy.
3. Which of the following items is needed to find the systematic order a particular subject?
4. Bacon says that ____ is "more precious than anything on earth."
(c) True understanding.
(d) A meeting of the minds.
5. Many things may be improved by using instruments of _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term does Bacon use to describe syllogism?
2. Bacon suggests that man should try to focus on their ___ powers.
3. It is from the _____ of our causes that are planned fail.
4. The fifth part includes things Bacon had discovered through the ordinary use of ______.
5. What is another name for "The Great Instauration?"
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)