|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1b, The Plan of the Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. We need methods that can discover causes and deliver philosophy's first:
2. Bacon refers to one's powers as being ____ and reasoning.
3. Bacon asks the ____ God to grant him the power to help humanity.
4. Bacon says that ____ is "more precious than anything on earth."
(b) True understanding.
(c) A meeting of the minds.
5. Bacon's goal is to collect particular _______ and then make inferences about general principles.
(b) Schools of thought.
Short Answer Questions
1. Other forms of thinking may start out being easier but will most likely end up in ____ places.
2. Bacon suggests that man should try to focus on their ___ powers.
3. The author states that the work is only a beginning that developing this philosophy is starting the real _____ of the human race.
4. If man was able to focus on these powers, he would be able to master which of the following?
5. The fourth parts of the plan involves the application of _______.
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)