|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1b, The Plan of the Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Instead, men placed too much focus on their ____.
(b) False beliefs.
2. In ordinary logic, _____ reigns.
3. The author states that the work is only a beginning that developing this philosophy is starting the real _____ of the human race.
4. The first part of the work is to equip the intellect to do which of the following?
(a) Process information.
(b) Question itself.
(c) Move forward.
(d) Be rebuilt.
5. What term does Bacon use to describe syllogism?
(a) Between a rock and a hard place.
(b) Garbage in, garbage out.
(c) The pot calling the kettle black.
(d) In one ear and out the other.
Short Answer Questions
1. If man was able to focus on these powers, he would be able to master which of the following?
2. What is a "procemium?"
3. Bacon begs the King to be a ____ and respecter of the Sciences.
4. Which is not one of the parts of the plan?
5. Bacon states that a new logic has a different _____ from the old logic.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)