|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1b, The Plan of the Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bacon lays out a plan for organizing which of the following?
(a) Scientific inquiry.
2. Bacon believes that the human mind easily misuses its ____ in many ways.
(c) Gray matter.
3. Bacon asks the ____ God to grant him the power to help humanity.
4. Of the philosophers attempt to amend simple human observation with ridiculous _____.
5. What adjective is used to describe this particular course of inquiry?
Short Answer Questions
1. Science descended from debates held by the ______.
2. Bacon suggests that man should try to focus on their ___ powers.
3. In the end, the two sides ended up arguing over ______.
4. Francis Bacon believes that it is ____ for him to write the following work.
5. Bacon refers to one's powers as being ____ and reasoning.
This section contains 149 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)