|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1b, The Plan of the Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Other forms of thinking may start out being easier but will most likely end up in ____ places.
(a) Many different.
2. Ultimately, man is nature's _____.
3. The modern ____ goes first from the senses to general propositions.
4. Bacon rejects a certain type of reasoning because it is too _____ and independent of the empirical.
5. Bacon lays out a plan for organizing which of the following?
(b) Scientific inquiry.
Short Answer Questions
1. The _____ way starts out hard but ends in "open country."
2. Bacon believes that the meeting between the two entities must return to its _______.
3. We need methods that can discover causes and deliver philosophy's first:
4. What adjective is used to describe this particular course of inquiry?
5. It is better to try and fail rather than to make _____ on something that cannot work.
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)