|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1b, The Plan of the Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is another name for "The Great Instauration?"
(a) "The Tragic Rebirth."
(b) "The Scientific Method."
(c) "The Great Restoration."
(d) "The Mighty Revolution."
2. This is accomplished through the use of ______.
3. Which of the following items is needed to find the systematic order a particular subject?
4. The sixth part refers to the _______ course of inquiry.
5. What term does Bacon use to describe syllogism?
(a) Garbage in, garbage out.
(b) Between a rock and a hard place.
(c) The pot calling the kettle black.
(d) In one ear and out the other.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author states that the work is only a beginning that developing this philosophy is starting the real _____ of the human race.
2. The fourth parts of the plan involves the application of _______.
3. The fifth part includes things Bacon had discovered through the ordinary use of ______.
4. What years did the King serve England?
5. Bacon lays out a plan for organizing which of the following?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)