|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1b, The Plan of the Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bacon believed that common sense established _____ certain degrees of assurance.
2. Which of the following items is needed to find the systematic order a particular subject?
3. The ancients looked only to the stars and as such became too focused on ____ and abstract meditation.
4. Which of the following is the process of reasoning probabilistically?
5. Using the new logic, an observer will give up falsehood and avoid _____.
(a) Alternative thought.
(b) Outside influence.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author states that the work is only a beginning that developing this philosophy is starting the real _____ of the human race.
2. Science descended from debates held by the ______.
3. Which is not one of the parts of the plan?
4. Bacon's goal is to collect particular _______ and then make inferences about general principles.
5. Bacon went to work for which King of England?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)