|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1b, The Plan of the Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The fifth part includes things Bacon had discovered through the ordinary use of ______.
2. Bacon begs the King to be a ____ and respecter of the Sciences.
3. Which of the following promises to remedy the problem by offering repeatable testable methods of inquiry?
4. The modern ____ goes first from the senses to general propositions.
5. Bacon states that people tend lean toward false and hasty ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Using the new logic, an observer will give up falsehood and avoid _____.
2. What term does Bacon use to describe syllogism?
3. The fourth parts of the plan involves the application of _______.
4. The problem is that common logic also requires more ____.
5. With clear ____, the intellect can become more powerful.
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)