|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1b, The Plan of the Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is stated that the author believes that men tend to misunderstand their _____.
2. We need methods that can discover causes and deliver philosophy's first:
3. In the end, the two sides ended up arguing over ______.
4. Bacon believes that the human mind easily misuses its ____ in many ways.
(a) Gray matter.
5. Ultimately, man is nature's _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author states that everything should be observed from the _____ to the human body.
2. The problem is that common logic also requires more ____.
3. The first part of the work is to equip the intellect to do which of the following?
4. A person's examination of the world should involve true _____.
5. Bacon's goal is to collect particular _______ and then make inferences about general principles.
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)