|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, New Atlantis, A Work Unfinished (Introduction, Discovery of Bensalem, Meeting with Governor).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bacon states that man can only obey _____ causes.
2. Which of the following is the process of reasoning probabilistically?
3. Bacon rejects a certain type of reasoning because it is too _____ and independent of the empirical.
4. What was left behind after the pillar broke apart?
5. What was the total number of sailors on the ship?
Short Answer Questions
1. The crew reported having soft and weak winds for ____ months.
2. Bacon suggests that man should try to focus on their ___ powers.
3. What adjective is used to describe this particular course of inquiry?
4. Human reasoning is _____.
5. The crew was informed that they would only be permitted to stay for ____ days along the coast.
This section contains 133 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)