|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, New Atlantis, A Work Unfinished (Introduction, Discovery of Bensalem, Meeting with Governor).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the ideas of the mind are poorly constructed and ____.
(b) Ill formed.
2. How many weeks were the sailors permitted to stay ashore?
3. The crew was informed that they would only be permitted to stay for ____ days along the coast.
4. Which of the following is the process of reasoning probabilistically?
5. What was the total number of sailors on the ship?
Short Answer Questions
1. The only way out of ____ is to build a plan of inquiry.
2. The modern ____ goes first from the senses to general propositions.
3. The work was presented in such a way that it was written in the native tongue for all but which group?
4. The sailors communicated with the islanders in which language?
5. Bacon believes that the human mind easily misuses its ____ in many ways.
This section contains 152 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)