|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, New Atlantis, A Work Unfinished (Introduction, Discovery of Bensalem, Meeting with Governor).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the ideas of the mind are poorly constructed and ____.
(a) Ill formed.
2. The crew had taken a long enough supplies to last for ___ months.
3. What was on top of the great pillar of light?
4. Bacon states that reason can reconstruct human knowledge, science, and ____.
5. We need methods that can discover causes and deliver philosophy's first:
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people approached the boats after the sailors requested medical treatment?
2. What was left behind after the pillar broke apart?
3. Bacon suggests that man should try to focus on their ___ powers.
4. How many years after the ascension of Jesus did the Islanders convert to Christianity?
5. The work was presented in such a way that it was written in the native tongue for all but which group?
This section contains 149 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)