|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, New Atlantis, A Work Unfinished (Introduction, Discovery of Bensalem, Meeting with Governor).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ancients looked only to the stars and as such became too focused on ____ and abstract meditation.
2. Other forms of thinking may start out being easier but will most likely end up in ____ places.
(a) Many different.
3. Bacon states that people tend lean toward false and hasty ______.
4. Bacon lays out a plan for organizing which of the following?
(c) Scientific inquiry.
5. A person's examination of the world should involve true _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bacon states that a new logic has a different _____ from the old logic.
2. This is accomplished through the use of ______.
3. Instead, men placed too much focus on their ____.
4. The sailors communicated with the islanders in which language?
5. Many things may be improved by using instruments of _____.
This section contains 154 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)