|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, New Atlantis, A Work Unfinished (Introduction, Discovery of Bensalem, Meeting with Governor).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The crew was informed that they would only be permitted to stay for ____ days along the coast.
2. The people realize that once they got as close as ____ yards they could not move.
3. The _____ way starts out hard but ends in "open country."
4. What term does Bacon use to describe syllogism?
(a) Garbage in, garbage out.
(b) Between a rock and a hard place.
(c) The pot calling the kettle black.
(d) In one ear and out the other.
5. Bacon states that people tend lean toward false and hasty ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which body of water did the ship go astray?
2. The sixth part refers to the _______ course of inquiry.
3. It is from the _____ of our causes that are planned fail.
4. The author states that the work is only a beginning that developing this philosophy is starting the real _____ of the human race.
5. When the pillar of light broke up it turned in to which of the following:
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)