|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, New Atlantis, A Work Unfinished (Introduction, Discovery of Bensalem, Meeting with Governor).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This is accomplished through the use of ______.
2. Part of the reason for the movement was to show that the knowledge in _____ was stagnant.
(a) The Church.
(c) The Scientific Community.
(d) The public's consciousness.
3. Which Biblical person was condemned for illicit moral knowledge?
4. The work was presented in such a way that it was written in the native tongue for all but which group?
5. When the pillar of light broke up it turned in to which of the following:
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following are said to have had no role except for in mechanics?
2. Since the observer is ____, he must look to history for similar observations.
3. Which of the following was manifested in the writings?
4. At the same time, men tend to underestimate their _____.
5. How many years after the ascension of Jesus did the Islanders convert to Christianity?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)