|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, New Atlantis, A Work Unfinished (Introduction, Discovery of Bensalem, Meeting with Governor).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Overall, philosophy was _____ but barren.
2. The crew was informed that they would only be permitted to stay for ____ days along the coast.
3. Which of the following is the process of reasoning probabilistically?
4. The _____ way starts out hard but ends in "open country."
5. Which of the following was manifested in the writings?
(a) Gift of Sight.
(b) Gift of Prophecy.
(c) Gift of Tongues.
(d) Gift of Divinity.
Short Answer Questions
1. The problem is that common logic also requires more ____.
2. Bacon states that people tend lean toward false and hasty ______.
3. Using the new logic, an observer will give up falsehood and avoid _____.
4. Bacon believed that common sense established _____ certain degrees of assurance.
5. The first part is referred to as being ______ outlined.
This section contains 147 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)