|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, New Atlantis, A Work Unfinished (Introduction, Discovery of Bensalem, Meeting with Governor).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bacon suggests that man should try to focus on their ___ powers.
2. The crew had taken a long enough supplies to last for ___ months.
3. What was the total number of sailors on the ship?
4. Bacon states that people tend lean toward false and hasty ______.
5. How many of the sailors were sick and required medical attention?
Short Answer Questions
1. This is accomplished through the use of ______.
2. The work was presented in such a way that it was written in the native tongue for all but which group?
3. Bacon states that a new logic has a different _____ from the old logic.
4. Part of the reason for the movement was to show that the knowledge in _____ was stagnant.
5. How many years after the ascension of Jesus did the Islanders convert to Christianity?
This section contains 155 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)