|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, New Atlantis, A Work Unfinished (Introduction, Discovery of Bensalem, Meeting with Governor).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The name of the island means "offspring of ____, safety and completeness" in Hebrew.
2. Francis Bacon believes that it is ____ for him to write the following work.
3. The author states that everything should be observed from the _____ to the human body.
(a) Earth's core.
(c) Smallest insect.
(d) Bottom of the sea.
4. What term does Bacon use to describe syllogism?
(a) Garbage in, garbage out.
(b) The pot calling the kettle black.
(c) Between a rock and a hard place.
(d) In one ear and out the other.
5. What is another name for "The Great Instauration?"
(a) "The Scientific Method."
(b) "The Mighty Revolution."
(c) "The Great Restoration."
(d) "The Tragic Rebirth."
Short Answer Questions
1. It is the ____ of power that caused angels to fall.
2. What years did the King serve England?
3. The people realize that once they got as close as ____ yards they could not move.
4. The sick were quarantined for ____ days.
5. Bacon states that reason can reconstruct human knowledge, science, and ____.
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)