|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, New Atlantis, A Work Unfinished (Introduction, Discovery of Bensalem, Meeting with Governor).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author states that the work is only a beginning that developing this philosophy is starting the real _____ of the human race.
2. We must avoid our ____if we want to see the pattern of the world..
3. The modern ____ goes first from the senses to general propositions.
4. It is better to try and fail rather than to make _____ on something that cannot work.
(c) Foolish decisions.
5. We need methods that can discover causes and deliver philosophy's first:
Short Answer Questions
1. The _____ way starts out hard but ends in "open country."
2. What adjective is used to describe this particular course of inquiry?
3. What was on top of the great pillar of light?
4. If man was able to focus on these powers, he would be able to master which of the following?
5. Which of the following was not offered to the sailors at this time?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)