|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, New Atlantis, A Work Unfinished (Introduction, Discovery of Bensalem, Meeting with Governor).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With clear ____, the intellect can become more powerful.
2. Bacon states that people tend lean toward false and hasty ______.
3. Bacon states that man can only obey _____ causes.
4. What term does Bacon use to describe syllogism?
(a) In one ear and out the other.
(b) Garbage in, garbage out.
(c) Between a rock and a hard place.
(d) The pot calling the kettle black.
5. It is the ____ of power that caused angels to fall.
Short Answer Questions
1. The ancients looked only to the stars and as such became too focused on ____ and abstract meditation.
2. How many of the sailors were sick and required medical attention?
3. The problem is that common logic also requires more ____.
4. Overall, philosophy was _____ but barren.
5. What was the name of the saint that left the letter behind?
This section contains 154 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)