|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, New Atlantis, A Work Unfinished (Introduction, Discovery of Bensalem, Meeting with Governor).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The sick were quarantined for ____ days.
2. When the pillar of light broke up it turned in to which of the following:
3. With clear ____, the intellect can become more powerful.
4. The only way out of ____ is to build a plan of inquiry.
(a) The past.
5. What was on top of the great pillar of light?
Short Answer Questions
1. It is better to try and fail rather than to make _____ on something that cannot work.
2. It is written that the sailors were so grateful they felt as if they were among ____.
3. Which is not one of the parts of the plan?
4. Bacon refers to one's powers as being ____ and reasoning.
5. The name of the island means "offspring of ____, safety and completeness" in Hebrew.
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)