|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, New Atlantis, A Work Unfinished (Introduction, Discovery of Bensalem, Meeting with Governor).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Other position was held by the island's governor?
2. The only way out of ____ is to build a plan of inquiry.
(d) The past.
3. Bacon lays out a plan for organizing which of the following?
(b) Scientific inquiry.
4. Many things may be improved by using instruments of _____.
5. The author of the letter also supposedly preached in which country?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following often gives ideas that are false because of the lack of information?
2. Instead, men placed too much focus on their ____.
3. Bacon believes that the human mind easily misuses its ____ in many ways.
4. What adjective is used to describe this particular course of inquiry?
5. Bacon's goal is to collect particular _______ and then make inferences about general principles.
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)