|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, New Atlantis, A Work Unfinished (Introduction, Discovery of Bensalem, Meeting with Governor).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The sailors communicated with the islanders in which language?
2. Instead, men placed too much focus on their ____.
(d) False beliefs.
3. The text or references books of the Bible that had not yet been written such as _____'s epistles.
4. The crew was perplexed by the number of _______ use by the islanders.
5. What was on top of the great pillar of light?
Short Answer Questions
1. What term does Bacon use to describe syllogism?
2. The people realize that once they got as close as ____ yards they could not move.
3. Which of the following often gives ideas that are false because of the lack of information?
4. The new logic is designed to command active ____.
5. What was the name of the island?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)