|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, New Atlantis, A Work Unfinished (Introduction, Discovery of Bensalem, Meeting with Governor).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bacon states that a new logic has a different _____ from the old logic.
(a) Starting point.
2. The only way out of ____ is to build a plan of inquiry.
(d) The past.
3. Which of the following was delivered to the ship by a small greeting party?
(d) Fresh water.
4. Bacon states that reason can reconstruct human knowledge, science, and ____.
5. In ordinary logic, _____ reigns.
Short Answer Questions
1. Many things may be improved by using instruments of _____.
2. Since the observer is ____, he must look to history for similar observations.
3. What was the intended destination?
4. The author states that everything should be observed from the _____ to the human body.
5. The fourth parts of the plan involves the application of _______.
This section contains 154 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)