|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, New Atlantis, A Work Unfinished (Introduction, Discovery of Bensalem, Meeting with Governor).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The governor informs the sailors that they would use the island's _____ to provide ship repair.
(b) Trade relations.
2. What term does Bacon use to describe syllogism?
(a) Between a rock and a hard place.
(b) Garbage in, garbage out.
(c) In one ear and out the other.
(d) The pot calling the kettle black.
3. Overall, philosophy was _____ but barren.
4. The only way out of ____ is to build a plan of inquiry.
(c) The past.
5. In the beginning of the work, sailors departed from which country?
Short Answer Questions
1. The crew was informed that they would only be permitted to stay for ____ days along the coast.
2. How many days did it take from the time the sailors spotted land until they reached a port?
3. The modern ____ goes first from the senses to general propositions.
4. Human reasoning is _____.
5. The new logic is designed to command active ____.
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)