|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, New Atlantis, A Work Unfinished (Introduction, Discovery of Bensalem, Meeting with Governor).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The fourth parts of the plan involves the application of _______.
2. Many things may be improved by using instruments of _____.
3. The governor informs the sailors that they would use the island's _____ to provide ship repair.
(c) Trade relations.
4. Bacon suggests that man should try to focus on their ___ powers.
5. How many days did it take from the time the sailors spotted land until they reached a port?
Short Answer Questions
1. The _____ way starts out hard but ends in "open country."
2. Francis Bacon believes that it is ____ for him to write the following work.
3. In the beginning of the work, sailors departed from which country?
4. What was the name of the island?
5. The sailors communicated with the islanders in which language?
This section contains 151 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)