|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2b, New Atlantis, a Work Unfinished (Conversation with Governor continued, Conversation with Joabim).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many ships did Bensalem have at this time?
2. Which of the following items is needed to find the systematic order a particular subject?
3. Which is not one of the parts of the plan?
(a) History of Philosophy.
(b) The Ladder of the Intellect.
(c) The New Philosophy.
(d) Division of Sciences.
4. How many parts are there to the work?
5. How many years after the ascension of Jesus did the Islanders convert to Christianity?
Short Answer Questions
1. The sailors communicated with the islanders in which language?
2. Bacon's goal is to collect particular _______ and then make inferences about general principles.
3. It is from the _____ of our causes that are planned fail.
4. Which type of history is ideal to build a foundation for philosophy?
5. What name is given to the person in this position?
This section contains 151 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)