|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2b, New Atlantis, a Work Unfinished (Conversation with Governor continued, Conversation with Joabim).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This is accomplished through the use of ______.
2. This philosopher described Atlantis in the ________.
3. Before the sailors were allowed to go ashore, they had to take an oath that they were not ____.
4. Which is not one of the parts of the plan?
(a) Division of Sciences.
(b) History of Philosophy.
(c) The New Philosophy.
(d) The Ladder of the Intellect.
5. Of the ideas of the mind are poorly constructed and ____.
(b) Ill formed.
Short Answer Questions
1. The sixth part refers to the _______ course of inquiry.
2. A great pillar of light was seen by the people of which city?
3. What was the alternative name for the Mexicans?
4. The name of the island means "offspring of ____, safety and completeness" in Hebrew.
5. What is the name of the city merchant that came in contact with the sailor?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)