|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2b, New Atlantis, a Work Unfinished (Conversation with Governor continued, Conversation with Joabim).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The work was presented in such a way that it was written in the native tongue for all but which group?
2. Where were the sailors taken to be given medical treatment?
(a) Salomon's House.
(b) Fathers House.
(c) Brethren House.
(d) Stranger's House.
3. The problem is that common logic also requires more ____.
4. Bacon's goal is to collect particular _______ and then make inferences about general principles.
(d) Schools of thought.
5. The governor informs the sailors that they would use the island's _____ to provide ship repair.
(b) Trade relations.
Short Answer Questions
1. We need methods that can discover causes and deliver philosophy's first:
2. The crew was informed that they would only be permitted to stay for ____ days along the coast.
3. The crew had taken a long enough supplies to last for ___ months.
4. Which type of history is ideal to build a foundation for philosophy?
5. The first part of the work is to equip the intellect to do which of the following?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)