|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2b, New Atlantis, a Work Unfinished (Conversation with Governor continued, Conversation with Joabim).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author of the letter also supposedly preached in which country?
2. What was the name of the saint that left the letter behind?
3. The modern ____ goes first from the senses to general propositions.
4. In the beginning of the work, sailors departed from which country?
5. The Coya let the king of Bensalem, a wise man named ____.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bacon rejects a certain type of reasoning because it is too _____ and independent of the empirical.
2. The Mexicans sailed to which large body of water?
3. It is said that the King's greatest act was to found an order called Salomon's House. The house is often referred to as being the ____ foundation on the earth.
4. What was on top of the great pillar of light?
5. What is the name of the city merchant that came in contact with the sailor?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)