|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2b, New Atlantis, a Work Unfinished (Conversation with Governor continued, Conversation with Joabim).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before the sailors were allowed to go ashore, they had to take an oath that they were not ____.
2. Which of the following was delivered to the ship by a small greeting party?
(b) Fresh water.
3. It is written that the sailors were so grateful they felt as if they were among ____.
4. Which of the following was not one of the things listed as an item brought back to the island by the sailors?
5. Bacon's goal is to collect particular _______ and then make inferences about general principles.
(d) Schools of thought.
Short Answer Questions
1. The governor told the sailors that the island had been saving money for _____ years.
2. What adjective is used to describe this particular course of inquiry?
3. Which of the following was manifested in the writings?
4. Which type of history is ideal to build a foundation for philosophy?
5. The ruler of Bensalem was also known to be a great ____.
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)