|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2b, New Atlantis, a Work Unfinished (Conversation with Governor continued, Conversation with Joabim).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The sailors found great ____ and friendliness among the natives.
2. A great pillar of light was seen by the people of which city?
(c) Sao Paulo.
3. King Solamona was known for having with the following?
(a) A strong mind.
(b) A good heart.
(c) An iron will.
(d) A keen sense of direction.
4. What term does Bacon use to describe syllogism?
(a) The pot calling the kettle black.
(b) Garbage in, garbage out.
(c) Between a rock and a hard place.
(d) In one ear and out the other.
5. The king sent ____ ship(s) out to the world to gain knowledge.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the pillar of light broke up it turned in to which of the following:
2. In the beginning of the work, sailors departed from which country?
3. In which body of water did the ship go astray?
4. What was the alternative name for the Peruvians?
5. The ships were sent out every ____ years.
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)