|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2b, New Atlantis, a Work Unfinished (Conversation with Governor continued, Conversation with Joabim).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the alternative name for the Mexicans?
2. A great pillar of light was seen by the people of which city?
(d) Sao Paulo.
3. The ships were sent out every ____ years.
4. Bacon rejects a certain type of reasoning because it is too _____ and independent of the empirical.
5. Which of the following countries is not mentioned in the text?
Short Answer Questions
1. Bacon states that a new logic has a different _____ from the old logic.
2. Which of the following was not one of the things listed as an item brought back to the island by the sailors?
3. According to the text, the laws made the government seem ignorant and ____.
4. How many people approached the boats after the sailors requested medical treatment?
5. Bacon states that man can only obey _____ causes.
This section contains 156 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)