|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2b, New Atlantis, a Work Unfinished (Conversation with Governor continued, Conversation with Joabim).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following decayed in the rest of the world?
2. Which famous philosopher reported the prosperity of Atlantis?
3. According to the text, the laws made the government seem ignorant and ____.
4. The king sent ____ ship(s) out to the world to gain knowledge.
5. The governor informs the sailors that they would use the island's _____ to provide ship repair.
(d) Trade relations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What adjective is used to describe this particular course of inquiry?
2. The author of the letter also supposedly preached in which country?
3. The author states that the work is only a beginning that developing this philosophy is starting the real _____ of the human race.
4. The text or references books of the Bible that had not yet been written such as _____'s epistles.
5. Of the philosophers attempt to amend simple human observation with ridiculous _____.
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)