|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2b, New Atlantis, a Work Unfinished (Conversation with Governor continued, Conversation with Joabim).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the alternative name for the Mexicans?
2. The name of the island means "offspring of ____, safety and completeness" in Hebrew.
3. The governor informs the sailors that they would use the island's _____ to provide ship repair.
(b) Trade relations.
4. How many of the sailors were sick and required medical attention?
5. The author states that everything should be observed from the _____ to the human body.
(b) Bottom of the sea.
(c) Smallest insect.
(d) Earth's core.
Short Answer Questions
1. It is from the _____ of our causes that are planned fail.
2. Which of the following was not one of the things listed as an item brought back to the island by the sailors?
3. Bacon rejects a certain type of reasoning because it is too _____ and independent of the empirical.
4. The Coya let the king of Bensalem, a wise man named ____.
5. Before the sailors were allowed to go ashore, they had to take an oath that they were not ____.
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)