Chapter 1, The Great Instauration
1. What is a "procemium?"
2. Francis Bacon believes that it is ____ for him to write the following work.
3. Bacon believes that the human mind easily misuses its ____ in many ways.
(c) Gray matter.
4. Bacon says that ____ is "more precious than anything on earth."
(c) True understanding.
(d) A meeting of the minds.
5. Bacon believes that the meeting between the two entities must return to its _______.
(b) Previous incarnation.
(c) Original condition.
6. Many things may be improved by using instruments of _____.
7. Bacon states that people tend lean toward false and hasty ______.
8. Bacon suggests that man should try to focus on their ___ powers.
9. Bacon refers to one's powers as being ____ and reasoning.
This section contains 2,803 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)