|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What storms out of the darkness in May?
2. How is How Would You Live Then formatted?
3. In Long Afternoon at the Edge of Little Sister Pond, what does Oliver say the tree angel is watching over?
4. What is the first animal Oliver talks about in Spring?
5. In The Soul At Last, which of these does Oliver say the composition of the soul is like?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Many Miles about?
2. Which authors does Oliver mention in Seven White Butterflies, and why?
3. What is the poet amazed by in Mindful?
4. What does Oliver say spring is like for humans?
5. What are some of the questions asked in How Would You Live Then?
6. In Grass, what does Oliver say is the most important time of all, and why?
7. In Mindful, where does Oliver say she gets all of her teaching?
8. What is the main message of Daisies?
9. What does Oliver talk about in Bleeding Heart?
10. In May, what does Oliver say she wants to see?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the particular animals that were included in these poems, and what did their inclusion do to the tone of the poems?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the main examples of irony from these poems? How do these moments of irony change the tone of those poems?
Essay Topic 3
Religion was a theme that was touched on a number of times in this book. Where did this theme appear, and what are some of the different ways this theme was introduced?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)