|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In How Would You Live Then, what does Oliver say gives prayers?
2. What does Oliver say all narrative is in Prose Poem 2?
3. What does Oliver ask the reader in The Bleeding Heart after describing the plant?
(a) How could you not have noticed it?
(b) Haven't you ever considered that?
(c) What does this make you think of?
(d) Doesn't that deserve some thought?
4. What does Oliver say there are miles of in May?
5. What makes Have You Ever Tried to Enter the Long Black Branches different from the other poems in that section?
(a) A lack of grammar.
(b) It includes an illustration.
(c) It is in prose form.
(d) Visual separators.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is a phrase from At Round Pond?
2. What does Oliver say she will remember most at the end of Spring?
3. What are all the poems in the second section about?
4. In Forty Years, what does Oliver say she struggles with?
5. What does Oliver say always seems brighter than the present in Prose Poem 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Oliver say the owl is symbolic of in At Round Pond?
2. In Mindful, what does Oliver say she was born to do?
3. In Mindful, what does Oliver say she sees everyday?
4. What is the main message of Song of the Builders?
5. What is compared in Many Miles?
6. What does Oliver say spring is like for humans?
7. In Mindful, where does Oliver say she gets all of her teaching?
8. What are some of the questions asked in How Would You Live Then?
9. Which authors does Oliver mention in Seven White Butterflies, and why?
10. How does Oliver describe the spirit in The Soul At Last?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)