|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal is featured in At Round Pond?
(a) A cougar.
(b) A beaver.
(c) An owl.
(d) A skunk.
2. What does Oliver say would make the mocker silent in Daisies?
3. Which of these is a line from Long Afternoon at the Edge of Little Sister Pond?
(a) Once, twice, however many more.
(b) Again and again the song repeats.
(c) Both of these, over and over.
(d) How many times will this cycle repeat?
4. What does Oliver call the prey in Prose Poem 2?
(a) A piece of heart.
(b) A piece of nothing.
(c) A flashing jewel.
(d) A frightened tidbit.
5. What is the animal symbolic of in At Round Pond?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many lines is Prose Poem 1?
2. In Long Afternoon at the Edge of Little Sister Pond, what does Oliver say life has been as soft as?
3. In How Would You Live Then, what does Oliver talk about being inside walls?
4. What does Oliver do to the daisies at the end of Daisies?
5. Which of these is a line from Prose Poem 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. In May, what does Oliver say makes her feel most alive?
2. What does Oliver talk about in Bleeding Heart?
3. What creature is described in Spring, and why?
4. How does Oliver describe the spirit in The Soul At Last?
5. In Mindful, what does Oliver say she was born to do?
6. What does Oliver say spring is like for humans?
7. How does Oliver describe letters in Forty Years?
8. In Grass, what does Oliver say nature does?
9. What is the overall feeling in Prose Poem 1?
10. What does Oliver state she can't wait for at the end of Long Afternoon at the Edge of Sister Pond?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)