|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In May, what does Oliver say makes any dark place luminous?
2. What does Oliver do to the daisies at the end of Daisies?
(a) Touches them.
(b) Plants some seeds.
(c) Prunes them.
(d) Picks some.
3. What animal is featured in At Round Pond?
(a) A skunk.
(b) A cougar.
(c) A beaver.
(d) An owl.
4. What does Oliver envy in While I Am Writing a Poem to Celebrate Summer, the Meadowlark Begins to Sing?
(a) God's power.
(b) The ones who have passed on.
(c) The non-human creations.
(d) The youth in others.
5. What is the first animal Oliver talks about in Spring?
(a) A bear.
(b) A raccoon.
(c) A deer.
(d) A dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many quatrains make up Forty Years?
2. What does Oliver wish to be at the end of Bleeding Heart?
3. What does Oliver call the prey in Prose Poem 2?
4. Which of these is a line from Seven White Butterflies?
5. What do the bees in May do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the questions asked in How Would You Live Then?
2. What is Oliver admonishing the reader to do in How Would You Live Then?
3. In Grass, what does Oliver say humans could learn from inanimate objects?
4. In While I am Writing a Poem to Celebrate Summer, the Meadowlark Begins to Sing, what does Oliver compare the meadowlark's song to?
5. In Mindful, what does Oliver say she was born to do?
6. What is the overall feeling in Prose Poem 1?
7. In Mindful, what does Oliver say she sees everyday?
8. What does Oliver talk about in Bleeding Heart?
9. What does Oliver say the owl is symbolic of in At Round Pond?
10. What is compared in Many Miles?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)