|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Seven White Butterflies, which of these authors does Oliver mention?
2. What adjective does Oliver use to describe the world in Mindful?
3. In Forty Years, what does Oliver say she struggles with?
(a) The need for knowledge.
(b) The limitations of language.
(c) The ellusive symbolism.
(d) The ignorance of people.
4. What season does Song of the Builders take place in?
5. In Song of the Builders, what does Oliver think about?
Short Answer Questions
1. In How Would You Live Then, what does Oliver say gives prayers?
2. In May, what does Oliver say makes any dark place luminous?
3. What is the prey in Prose Poem 2?
4. In Mindful, what kind of things does Oliver say we should lose ourselves in?
5. What are all the poems in the second section about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the two extremes Oliver describes about her life in Long Afternoon at the Edge of Sister Pond?
2. How does Oliver describe letters in Forty Years?
3. In Mindful, what does Oliver say she sees everyday?
4. What is the main message of Song of the Builders?
5. What is Many Miles about?
6. In May, what does Oliver say she wants to see?
7. In Mindful, where does Oliver say she gets all of her teaching?
8. In Prose Poem 2, what does Oliver say about narrative, and how does this change the feeling of the poem?
9. What creature is described in Spring, and why?
10. In Grass, what does Oliver say nature does?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)