|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oliver call most of her poems?
(d) Statements of truth.
2. How does Oliver describe her poetry in Everything?
(a) Her art.
(b) Her creation.
(c) Her children.
(d) Her message.
3. What does Oliver say about our lives in The Measure?
(a) They are watched over.
(b) They are blessed.
(c) They are purposeful.
(d) They are our right.
4. What animal was featured in The Measure?
(a) A box turtle.
(b) An armadillo.
(c) A squirrel.
(d) A rabbit.
5. Which of the following is NOT a word Oliver says she wants to use often in Everything?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the length of most of Oliver's poems in this collection?
2. What did Oliver do at the end of Work Sometimes?
3. What does Oliver want to celebrate in Mysteries, Four of the Simple Ones?
4. What else does the editor say there is an absence of in the first section of poems?
5. How is the pond in Mysteries, Four of the Simple Ones described?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Mysteries, Four of the Simple Ones, what does Oliver say about the pond?
2. What did the hawk do at the end of The Real Prayers are Not the Words, but the Attention that Comes First?
3. What does Oliver think the turtle was heading for in The Measure?
4. In Everything, what does Oliver say she wants her poems to be able to do?
5. At the end of Everything, what does Oliver say she wants her poems to do?
6. What did the turtle in The Measure do when Oliver stopped to help it?
7. In Everything, where are some of the places Oliver states she wants to go when she writes?
8. What did Oliver do at the beginning of The Measure?
9. In Mysteries, Four of the Simple Ones, what does Oliver ask about a seed grain?
10. In Work Sometimes, what are some of the things that Oliver lists as NOT leading to happiness?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)