|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Long Afternoon at the Edge of Little Sister Pond, what does Oliver say the tree angel is watching over?
(a) The pond.
(b) An egg.
(c) A bird.
(d) The stillness.
2. What does Oliver call the center of the daisies in Daisies?
(a) Their being.
(b) Their heart.
(c) Their center.
(d) Their mind.
3. What does Oliver compare herself to at the beginning of Mindful?
(a) A speck.
(b) A needle.
(c) A blade of grass.
(d) A figure.
4. Which of these is a line from Prose Poem 1?
(a) How hopeful we were.
(b) Never will we know for sure.
(c) We just knew not.
(d) How strong is the stillness.
5. In The Soul At Last, which of these does Oliver say the composition of the soul is like?
(a) Tree bark.
(b) Spider webs.
(c) Rushing river.
(d) Twinkling stars.
6. What adjective does Oliver use to describe the world in Mindful?
7. What literary device is used heavily in Prose Poem 2?
8. In Mindful, what kind of things does Oliver say we should lose ourselves in?
(a) Extraordinary things.
(b) Drab things.
(c) None of these.
9. In How Would You Live Then, what does Oliver talk about being inside walls?
10. How many lines is Prose Poem 1?
11. What creature is featured in May?
(a) A snake.
(b) A scorpion.
(c) A spider.
(d) A lizard.
12. Which of these is a line from Long Afternoon at the Edge of Little Sister Pond?
(a) Both of these, over and over.
(b) Once, twice, however many more.
(c) Again and again the song repeats.
(d) How many times will this cycle repeat?
13. What does Oliver say she will remember most at the end of Spring?
(a) The light on the water.
(b) The deer's startled face.
(c) The bear's love.
(d) The mother's touch.
14. What are the butterflies doing at the end of Seven White Butterflies?
15. In The Soul At Last, which of these does Oliver compare the soul to?
(a) Children's prayers.
(b) Tree bark.
(c) Aspen leaves.
(d) Birds' nests.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oliver call the prey in Prose Poem 2?
2. Which of the following does Oliver say she learns from in Mindful?
3. What does Oliver hope to be after her education in Mindful?
4. In May, what does Oliver say makes any dark place luminous?
5. In Seven White Butterflies, which of these authors does Oliver mention?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)