|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Song of the Builders, where does Oliver go to think?
(a) A hillside.
(b) A small pond.
(c) A church.
(d) Her bedroom.
2. Which of these is a line from Spring?
(a) All day I think of her.
(b) All winter I long for this.
(c) All year I wait for this.
(d) All night I dream of him.
3. What does Oliver say is possible at the beginning of Daisies?
(a) That we can learn the language of a flower.
(b) That we can be as wise as we wish.
(c) That our spirits will live forever.
(d) That we can learn all there is to learn.
4. Which of these is a phrase from At Round Pond?
(a) Lush of meaning.
(b) Need for nothing.
(c) Flight and frenzy.
(d) Flow of living.
5. What is the animal symbolic of in At Round Pond?
6. In Forty Years, what does Oliver say she struggles with?
(a) The limitations of language.
(b) The ellusive symbolism.
(c) The need for knowledge.
(d) The ignorance of people.
7. What kind of creature did Oliver write about in Song of the Builders?
(a) A cricket.
(b) An ant.
(c) A firefly.
(d) A butterfly.
8. In The Soul At Last, which of these does Oliver say the composition of the soul is like?
(a) Twinkling stars.
(b) Spider webs.
(c) Rushing river.
(d) Tree bark.
9. What animal is featured in At Round Pond?
(a) A skunk.
(b) An owl.
(c) A cougar.
(d) A beaver.
10. At the beginning of Long Afternoon at the Edge of Little Sister Pond, what does Oliver say she is humbled by?
11. What does Oliver hope to be after her education in Mindful?
12. What does Oliver say all narrative is in Prose Poem 2?
13. In Long Afternoon at the Edge of Little Sister Pond, what does Oliver say life has been as soft as?
(a) A kitten.
(b) A wheat field.
(c) A pond.
(d) A night sky.
14. How does Oliver describe the sound of snowflakes?
15. What does Oliver say we are building in Song of the Builders?
(a) The universe.
(b) The future.
(c) The nation.
(d) The past.
Short Answer Questions
1. In How Would You Live Then, what does Oliver talk about being an adviser?
2. In May, what does Oliver say makes any dark place luminous?
3. What does Oliver say there are miles of in May?
4. In Seven White Butterflies, which of these authors does Oliver mention?
5. What creature is featured in May?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)