|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In The Soul At Last, which of these does Oliver say the composition of the soul is like?
(a) Spider webs.
(b) Tree bark.
(c) Twinkling stars.
(d) Rushing river.
2. In How Would You Live Then, what does Oliver talk about in a painting?
(a) A bush.
(b) A tree.
(c) A rock.
(d) A flower.
3. Which of these is a line from The Bleeding Heart?
(a) I wish that I were her.
(b) Where could that have gone?
(c) I think that was true.
(d) What has become of her.
4. What are the butterflies doing at the end of Seven White Butterflies?
5. What adjective does Oliver use to describe the world in Mindful?
6. What does Oliver do to the daisies at the end of Daisies?
(a) Prunes them.
(b) Plants some seeds.
(c) Picks some.
(d) Touches them.
7. In Mindful, what kind of things does Oliver say we should lose ourselves in?
(a) None of these.
(c) Extraordinary things.
(d) Drab things.
8. In Seven White Butterflies, which of these authors does Oliver mention?
9. What creature is featured in May?
(a) A lizard.
(b) A snake.
(c) A scorpion.
(d) A spider.
10. What does Oliver hope to be after her education in Mindful?
11. In Mindful, what does Oliver say almost kills her every day?
12. How many lines is Prose Poem 1?
13. In The Soul At Last, which of these does Oliver compare the soul to?
(a) Birds' nests.
(b) Tree bark.
(c) Aspen leaves.
(d) Children's prayers.
14. In May, what does Oliver say makes any dark place luminous?
15. In Prose Poem 1, what does Oliver say the season she talks about was full of?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is The Bleeding Heart formatted?
2. What is unique about the format of On Goldenrod at Field's Edge?
3. How is While I Am Writing a Poem to Celebrate Summer, the Meadowlark Begins to Sing formatted?
4. In How Would You Live Then, what does Oliver talk about being an adviser?
5. What is the first animal Oliver talks about in Spring?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)