|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections II through VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In How Would You Live Then, what does Oliver say shouts out its name?
2. What does Oliver say she wants readers of Everything to look beyond?
(a) The page.
(b) The words.
(c) The meaning.
(d) The lines.
3. What does Oliver wish to be at the end of Bleeding Heart?
(a) A woman who would not weep.
(b) The friend of a gardener.
(c) The woman who planted the flowers.
(d) A bleeding heart.
4. In Long Afternoon at the Edge of Little Sister Pond, what does Oliver say life has been as hard as?
5. Why does Oliver like to use her most common literary device?
(a) It comes easily to her.
(b) It makes her work unique.
(c) It is a symbolic form of writing.
(d) It broadens understanding of humans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oliver say about our lives in The Measure?
2. What is the subject of Mysteries, Four of the Simple Ones?
3. What does Oliver do to the daisies at the end of Daisies?
4. What is the tone of While I Am Writing a Poem to Celebrate Summer, the Meadowlark Begins to Sing?
5. What did Oliver say the woman who planted the bleeding heart plant probably got joy from in The Bleeding Heart?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)