|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections II through VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of words does Oliver hope to find while writing in Mysteries, Four of the Simple Ones?
(a) Meaningful words.
(b) Ripe words.
(c) Common, but amazing words.
(d) Doubled words.
2. At the end of Mindful, what does Oliver say prayers are made of?
3. What is distinct about the poems from West Wind?
(a) They are light and witty.
(b) They are more adventurous.
(c) They are more philosophical.
(d) They have a sad tone.
4. In Everything, what are we told to look to for examination?
(a) Our goals.
(b) Our God.
(d) Our surroundings.
5. In How Would You Live Then, what does Oliver say shouts out its name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oliver call the prey in Prose Poem 2?
2. What does Oliver observe at the end of Work Sometimes?
3. In Mindful, what kind of things does Oliver say we should lose ourselves in?
4. What did Oliver say she was outside of while writing Work Sometimes?
5. How was the poet traveling when she saw an animal in The Measure?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)