|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections II through VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oliver say is indefinable in The Soul At Last?
(a) The afterlife.
(b) The mind.
(c) The body.
(d) The spirit.
2. Why did Oliver choose the simple titles for her poems?
(a) To leave the interpretation open.
(b) To guide the reader.
(c) To take the guesswork away from the reader.
(d) To make her thoughts obscure.
3. What does Oliver compare picking the right words to in Mysteries, Four of the Simple Ones?
(a) Picking fruit.
(b) Growing a garden.
(c) Threading a needle.
(d) Sorting money.
4. What is Oliver trying to describe with the lilt in the words in Everything?
(a) Human Nature.
5. What does Oliver hope to show about the world in her poems?
(a) What is becoming of the world.
(b) How the world works.
(c) Where the world has been.
(d) How to navigate through the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Oliver do at the end of Work Sometimes?
2. When did the poet say the animal in The Measure had began her journey?
3. What does Oliver ask the reader in The Bleeding Heart after describing the plant?
4. How is the pond in Mysteries, Four of the Simple Ones described?
5. What does Oliver try to write most of her poems about?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)