|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections II through VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Oliver choose the simple titles for her poems?
(a) To guide the reader.
(b) To take the guesswork away from the reader.
(c) To make her thoughts obscure.
(d) To leave the interpretation open.
2. What else does the editor say there is an absence of in the first section of poems?
(a) Obscure references.
(b) Confusing similes.
3. In How Would You Live Then, what does Oliver talk about being inside walls?
4. What does Oliver say she calls herself everyday in Mindful?
(a) A scholar.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A student.
(d) A tutor.
5. What does Oliver hope to show about the world in her poems?
(a) How to navigate through the world.
(b) What is becoming of the world.
(c) Where the world has been.
(d) How the world works.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Seven White Butterflies, what does Oliver compare butterfly wings to?
2. How are the poems in this book grouped together?
3. In Forty Years, what does Oliver say she struggles with?
4. What does Oliver wish to be at the end of Bleeding Heart?
5. What is the predator in Prose Poem 2?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)