|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections II through VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oliver say she will remember most at the end of Spring?
(a) The deer's startled face.
(b) The light on the water.
(c) The bear's love.
(d) The mother's touch.
2. Which of these is a line from The Bleeding Heart?
(a) What has become of her.
(b) Where could that have gone?
(c) I wish that I were her.
(d) I think that was true.
3. What does Oliver say we are building in Song of the Builders?
(a) The nation.
(b) The universe.
(c) The past.
(d) The future.
4. In The Soul At Last, which of these does Oliver compare the soul to?
(a) Birds' nests.
(b) Tree bark.
(c) Aspen leaves.
(d) Children's prayers.
5. Which of these is a line from Seven White Butterflies?
(a) Where would I go if I were one with them?
(b) What am I to learn from this?
(c) Why am I not with them now?
(d) Who would have thought it could be so easy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are cantos?
2. What necessity has Oliver resigned to in Forty Years?
3. What adjective does Oliver use to describe the world in Mindful?
4. What tone does Oliver take on at the end of Work Sometimes?
5. What mocks Oliver in Daisies?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)