|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections II through VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oliver say is NOT praying in The Real Prayers are Not the Words, but the Attention that comes First?
(a) Seeing and noticing.
(c) Witnessing with the eyes.
(d) Seeing what has not been seen.
2. In May, what does Oliver say makes any dark place luminous?
3. What did Oliver say the woman who planted the bleeding heart plant probably got joy from in The Bleeding Heart?
(a) Meaningful things.
(b) Simple things.
(c) Pretty things.
(d) Productive things.
4. What does Oliver say is irrefutable in The Soul At Last?
(a) The love of humans.
(b) The trail of the past.
(c) The existence of the soul.
(d) The hope for the future.
5. What was a joy to the animal featured in The Real Prayers are Not the Words, but the Attention that comes First?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the length of most of Oliver's poems in this collection?
2. What does the editor say Oliver is NOT trying to do with the poems in the first section?
3. Which of these is a line from Spring?
4. What does Oliver envy in While I Am Writing a Poem to Celebrate Summer, the Meadowlark Begins to Sing?
5. In Song of the Builders, where does Oliver go to think?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)