|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections II through VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oliver describe as dazzling in Spring?
2. What kind of creature did Oliver write about in Song of the Builders?
(a) A cricket.
(b) An ant.
(c) A firefly.
(d) A butterfly.
3. How many quatrains make up Forty Years?
4. How is The Bleeding Heart formatted?
(a) Prose form.
(b) Limerick form.
(c) Choral form.
(d) Sonnett form.
5. Which of these is a line from Prose Poem 1?
(a) We just knew not.
(b) How strong is the stillness.
(c) Never will we know for sure.
(d) How hopeful we were.
Short Answer Questions
1. In The Measure, what does the author say we must do to fully experience life?
2. What animal was featured in The Measure?
3. In Mindful, what does Oliver say she was born to do?
4. In While I Am Writing a Poem to Celebrate Summer, the Meadowlark Begins to Sing, what is the song of the bird called?
5. In the Measure, what happens in the pinewoods?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)