|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections II through VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these is a line from The Real Prayers are Not the Words, but the Attention that comes First?
(a) How does one see and turn away.
(b) Where does it go and why?
(c) How can we be as they?
(d) Where can we turn for peace?
2. What does the editor say is Oliver's signature on her work?
(a) Her description.
(b) Her method.
(c) Her verbage.
(d) Her tone.
3. What does Oliver compare herself to at the beginning of Mindful?
(a) A needle.
(b) A speck.
(c) A figure.
(d) A blade of grass.
4. What does Oliver envy in While I Am Writing a Poem to Celebrate Summer, the Meadowlark Begins to Sing?
(a) The non-human creations.
(b) The ones who have passed on.
(c) God's power.
(d) The youth in others.
5. What does Oliver say is irrefutable in The Soul At Last?
(a) The existence of the soul.
(b) The love of humans.
(c) The trail of the past.
(d) The hope for the future.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Have You Ever Tried to Enter the Long Black Branches different from the other poems in that section?
2. What did Oliver say the woman who planted the bleeding heart plant probably got joy from in The Bleeding Heart?
3. What does Oliver want to celebrate in Mysteries, Four of the Simple Ones?
4. At the beginning of Long Afternoon at the Edge of Little Sister Pond, what does Oliver say she is humbled by?
5. What do the bees in May do?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)