|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections II through VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oliver try to provide multiple avenues for in her poems?
(a) Thought provocation.
2. How does Oliver describe Have You Ever Tried to Enter the Long Black Branches?
(a) A meditation.
(b) An observation.
(c) A prayer.
(d) A psalm.
3. Which of these is a line from Seven White Butterflies?
(a) Who would have thought it could be so easy.
(b) Where would I go if I were one with them?
(c) What am I to learn from this?
(d) Why am I not with them now?
4. What does the editor say Oliver is NOT trying to do with the poems in the first section?
(a) Surprise the reader.
(b) Observe humanity.
(c) Make the reader think.
(d) Observe nature.
5. How was the poet traveling when she saw an animal in The Measure?
(a) She was swimming.
(b) She was walking along.
(c) She was driving a car.
(d) She was riding a bike.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Oliver say the woman who planted the bleeding heart plant probably got joy from in The Bleeding Heart?
2. What storms out of the darkness in May?
3. In Seven White Butterflies, which of these authors does Oliver mention?
4. In How Would You Live Then, what does Oliver say gives prayers?
5. In While I Am Writing a Poem to Celebrate Summer, the Meadowlark Begins to Sing, what is the song of the bird called?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)