|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections II through VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oliver try to provide multiple avenues for in her poems?
(c) Thought provocation.
2. What is unique about the format of On Goldenrod at Field's Edge?
(a) It is in prose form.
(b) It has on-running stanzas.
(c) The stanzas run diagonally.
(d) It is formatted in a circle.
3. What is the animal symbolic of in At Round Pond?
4. What does Oliver say about our lives in The Measure?
(a) They are watched over.
(b) They are our right.
(c) They are blessed.
(d) They are purposeful.
5. How is Oliver trying to establish the intimacy she desires in Work Sometimes?
(a) She breaks down some barriers.
(b) She has some suggestive innuendos.
(c) She is very open.
(d) She uses a conversational tone.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Seven White Butterflies, which of these authors does Oliver mention?
2. In The Soul At Last, what is Oliver writing about doing?
3. What are cantos?
4. How does Oliver state we must pray in The Real Prayers are Not the Words, but the Attention that comes First?
5. What belongs to the animal in The Real Prayers are Not the Words, but the Attention that comes First?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)