|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections II through VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was singing to Oliver in Work Sometimes?
(a) The radio.
(b) Street cars.
(c) The wind.
2. How long did the bleeding heart plant survive in The Bleeding Heart?
(a) 60 years.
(b) 40 years.
(c) 30 years.
(d) 50 years.
3. In Seven White Butterflies, which of these does Oliver compare the flying butterflies to?
4. What kind of words does Oliver hope to find while writing in Mysteries, Four of the Simple Ones?
(a) Ripe words.
(b) Meaningful words.
(c) Common, but amazing words.
(d) Doubled words.
5. According to Oliver, what is the question mark's bold sister?
(a) The comma.
(b) The exclamation point.
(c) The dash.
(d) The semicolon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the length of most of Oliver's poems in this collection?
2. In Mindful, what does Oliver say she was born to do?
3. How does Oliver describe the sound of snowflakes?
4. What does Oliver try to avoid awkwardness in as she is writing?
5. What are we told to examine in Everything?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)