|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through New Poems (2004 - 2005).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Work sometimes, which of these does Oliver list as something that happiness is NOT?
(a) A town on a map.
(b) Work ongoing.
(c) The need to push onward.
(d) A trip to an aunt.
2. Which of the following is not a place Oliver says she wants to be while writing her poems in Everything?
(a) A spot of grass.
(b) A field of daisies.
(c) Her own house.
(d) A boat at sea.
3. What does Oliver say she wants readers of Everything to look beyond?
(a) The lines.
(b) The words.
(c) The page.
(d) The meaning.
4. What belongs to the animal in The Real Prayers are Not the Words, but the Attention that comes First?
(a) The earth and sky.
(b) The life it has claimed.
(c) The heavens.
(d) The water.
5. According to Oliver, what is the question mark's bold sister?
(a) The semicolon.
(b) The exclamation point.
(c) The dash.
(d) The comma.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are we told to examine in Everything?
2. In Work Sometimes, what does Oliver say happiness is?
3. What should one be transcending according to Everything?
4. What does Oliver call most of her poems?
5. What kind of citizen did the poet call the animal in The Measure?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)