|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through New Poems (2004 - 2005).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these words is used by the editor to describe Oliver's style?
(b) All of these.
2. What are we told to examine in Everything?
(a) Our emotions.
(b) Our desires.
(c) Our motivations.
(d) Our needs.
3. What is the subject of Mysteries, Four of the Simple Ones?
(c) Personal identity.
4. How does Oliver describe her poetry in Everything?
(a) Her creation.
(b) Her children.
(c) Her message.
(d) Her art.
5. What was a joy to the animal featured in The Real Prayers are Not the Words, but the Attention that comes First?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does using nature in her poems allow Oliver to do?
2. How is the animal featured in The Real Prayers are Not the Words, but the Attention that comes First described in the first lines?
3. What does Oliver compare picking the right words to in Mysteries, Four of the Simple Ones?
4. What is Oliver trying to establish an intimacy with in Work Sometimes?
5. What does Oliver want to celebrate in Mysteries, Four of the Simple Ones?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)