|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through New Poems (2004 - 2005).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a place Oliver says she wants to be while writing her poems in Everything?
(a) A field of daisies.
(b) A boat at sea.
(c) Her own house.
(d) A spot of grass.
2. What does Oliver try to write most of her poems about?
(b) Political needs.
(c) Human concerns.
(d) Psychological problems.
3. What did Oliver do at the end of Work Sometimes?
(a) Closed her blinds.
(b) Took a nap.
(c) Went back to work.
(d) Ran for her life.
4. What kind of words does Oliver hope to find while writing in Mysteries, Four of the Simple Ones?
(a) Meaningful words.
(b) Doubled words.
(c) Common, but amazing words.
(d) Ripe words.
5. In The Measure, what does the author say we must do to fully experience life?
(a) Discard safety.
(b) Think of new directions.
(c) Give it a trial.
(d) Help one another.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Everything, what does Oliver say she has faith in?
2. Where did Oliver attend college?
3. What does Oliver try to avoid awkwardness in as she is writing?
4. What is the subject of Mysteries, Four of the Simple Ones?
5. Which of these is a line from The Real Prayers are Not the Words, but the Attention that comes First?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)