|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through New Poems (2004 - 2005).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Oliver use plants and animals in her poems?
(a) They are her distractions.
(b) They are her friends.
(c) They are her foils.
(d) They are her focal point.
2. Why does Oliver like to use her most common literary device?
(a) It is a symbolic form of writing.
(b) It makes her work unique.
(c) It comes easily to her.
(d) It broadens understanding of humans.
3. How does Oliver describe her poetry in Everything?
(a) Her children.
(b) Her creation.
(c) Her art.
(d) Her message.
4. What should one be transcending according to Everything?
5. What is found by Oliver, belonging to a heron, in Mysteries, Four of the Simple Ones?
(a) A nest.
(b) A print.
(c) An egg.
(d) A feather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What belongs to the animal in The Real Prayers are Not the Words, but the Attention that comes First?
2. What is Oliver's most commonly used literary device in these poems?
3. Why did Oliver choose the simple titles for her poems?
4. What does Oliver try to provide multiple avenues for in her poems?
5. How does Oliver come to a better understanding of human nature?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)