|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through New Poems (2004 - 2005).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the animal featured in The Real Prayers are Not the Words, but the Attention that comes First described in the first lines?
2. How does Oliver use plants and animals in her poems?
(a) They are her friends.
(b) They are her focal point.
(c) They are her distractions.
(d) They are her foils.
3. What had stacked up on the table in Work Sometimes?
(c) All of these.
4. Which of the following is not a place Oliver says she wants to be while writing her poems in Everything?
(a) A boat at sea.
(b) Her own house.
(c) A spot of grass.
(d) A field of daisies.
5. What did the rain in Work Sometimes do to the flowers in the yard?
(a) Brought them out of the earth.
(b) Killed them.
(c) Made them shine.
(d) Made them fragrant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Oliver choose the simple titles for her poems?
2. How was the poet traveling when she saw an animal in The Measure?
3. Which of these is a line from The Real Prayers are Not the Words, but the Attention that comes First?
4. What are most of Oliver's precious poems about?
5. What is found by Oliver, belonging to a heron, in Mysteries, Four of the Simple Ones?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)