|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through New Poems (2004 - 2005).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of citizen did the poet call the animal in The Measure?
2. What else does the editor say there is an absence of in the first section of poems?
(b) Confusing similes.
(c) Obscure references.
3. What does the editor say is Oliver's signature on her work?
(a) Her verbage.
(b) Her method.
(c) Her description.
(d) Her tone.
4. What were the feet of the animal compared to in The Real Prayers are Not the Words, but the Attention that comes First?
(a) The Sun.
5. What did the rain in Work Sometimes do to the flowers in the yard?
(a) Made them fragrant.
(b) Made them shine.
(c) Killed them.
(d) Brought them out of the earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the editor say Oliver is NOT trying to do with the poems in the first section?
2. What does Oliver want to celebrate in Mysteries, Four of the Simple Ones?
3. How does Oliver come to a better understanding of human nature?
4. In Everything, what does Oliver say she has faith in?
5. How does the editor describe the thought put into these poems?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)