|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through New Poems (2004 - 2005).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What should one be transcending according to Everything?
2. What is the first plant talked about in Mysteries, Four of the Simple Ones?
3. Which of the following is NOT a word Oliver says she wants to use often in Everything?
4. How does Oliver say Everything first came to her?
(a) A quiet whispering.
(b) A moment of calm.
(c) A dream.
(d) A vision.
5. What else does the editor say there is an absence of in the first section of poems?
(a) Confusing similes.
(c) Obscure references.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the poems in this book grouped together?
2. What poet did Oliver live with for a time?
3. According to Oliver, what is the question mark's bold sister?
4. How is the pond in Mysteries, Four of the Simple Ones described?
5. How does the editor describe the thought put into these poems?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)