|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through New Poems (2004 - 2005).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a place Oliver says she wants to be while writing her poems in Everything?
(a) A field of daisies.
(b) A spot of grass.
(c) A boat at sea.
(d) Her own house.
2. What did the rain in Work Sometimes do to the flowers in the yard?
(a) Brought them out of the earth.
(b) Killed them.
(c) Made them shine.
(d) Made them fragrant.
3. How do the characters in Mysteries, Four of the Simple Ones feel about the events in the poem?
(a) They are frightening.
(b) They are miraculaous.
(c) They are unexpected.
(d) They are commonplace.
4. What does Oliver say she wants readers of Everything to look beyond?
(a) The page.
(b) The words.
(c) The meaning.
(d) The lines.
5. How was the poet traveling when she saw an animal in The Measure?
(a) She was riding a bike.
(b) She was swimming.
(c) She was driving a car.
(d) She was walking along.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the poet say the animal in The Measure had began her journey?
2. What are we told to examine in Everything?
3. What does the editor say is Oliver's signature on her work?
4. What time of day did the poet try to save the animal in The Measure?
5. In Everything, what are we told to do in order to truly grasp the idea of poetry?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)