|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through New Poems (2004 - 2005).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Measure, what happens in the pinewoods?
(a) Flowers make perfect cover.
(b) Small animals are left alone.
(c) Blueberries ripen early.
(d) The sun shines in happy measures.
2. What does Oliver try to provide multiple avenues for in her poems?
(c) Thought provocation.
3. What is Oliver's most commonly used literary device in these poems?
4. What did Oliver say she was outside of while writing Work Sometimes?
(a) Her intended purpose.
(b) Her authentic self.
(c) Her usual style.
(d) Her natural setting.
5. Which of the following is NOT a word Oliver says she wants to use often in Everything?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Work sometimes, which of these does Oliver list as something that happiness is NOT?
2. How is the pond in Mysteries, Four of the Simple Ones described?
3. What is the length of most of Oliver's poems in this collection?
4. What are we told to examine in Everything?
5. What does Oliver call most of her poems?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)