|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through New Poems (2004 - 2005).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oliver try to avoid awkwardness in as she is writing?
(d) Subject matter.
2. What does Oliver try to write most of her poems about?
(a) Political needs.
(b) Psychological problems.
(c) Human concerns.
3. What belongs to the animal in The Real Prayers are Not the Words, but the Attention that comes First?
(a) The water.
(b) The life it has claimed.
(c) The earth and sky.
(d) The heavens.
4. How was the poet traveling when she saw an animal in The Measure?
(a) She was walking along.
(b) She was riding a bike.
(c) She was driving a car.
(d) She was swimming.
5. What was singing to Oliver in Work Sometimes?
(a) The wind.
(c) The radio.
(d) Street cars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the editor say new readers of Oliver will feel when they read the first section?
2. What did Oliver say she was outside of while writing Work Sometimes?
3. What does Oliver say she wants readers of Everything to look beyond?
4. What should one be transcending according to Everything?
5. What does the editor say is Oliver's signature on her work?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)