|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through New Poems (2004 - 2005).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What poet did Oliver live with for a time?
2. What color were the eyes of the animal in The Real Prayers are Not the Words, but the Attention that comes First?
3. What animal was featured in The Measure?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A box turtle.
(c) An armadillo.
(d) A squirrel.
4. Which of the following is NOT a word Oliver says she wants to use often in Everything?
5. What does Oliver say is NOT praying in The Real Prayers are Not the Words, but the Attention that comes First?
(a) Witnessing with the eyes.
(b) Seeing and noticing.
(d) Seeing what has not been seen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day did the poet try to save the animal in The Measure?
2. How does Oliver use plants and animals in her poems?
3. Which of the following is a line from Work Sometimes?
4. How does the editor describe the thought put into these poems?
5. What animal is featured in The Real Prayers are Not the Words, but the Attention that comes First?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)