|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections II through VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a place Oliver says she wants to be while writing her poems in Everything?
(a) A field of daisies.
(b) A boat at sea.
(c) A spot of grass.
(d) Her own house.
2. In Everything, what are we told to look to for examination?
(a) Our God.
(b) Our surroundings.
(d) Our goals.
3. What is the turtle in Mysteries, Four of the Simple Ones, doing?
(a) Burying her eggs.
(c) Swimming in the lake.
(d) Teaching her babies to swim.
4. What does Oliver call most of her poems?
(d) Statements of truth.
5. What did the animal in The Measure do when the poet tried to save it?
(a) Ran away.
(b) Hissed at her.
(c) Bit her.
(d) Looked into her eye.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are all the poems in the third section about?
2. What belongs to the animal in The Real Prayers are Not the Words, but the Attention that comes First?
3. What does Oliver try to write most of her poems about?
4. What are the butterflies doing at the end of Seven White Butterflies?
5. Which of these is a line from The Bleeding Heart?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)