|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections II through VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Mindful, what kind of things does Oliver say we should lose ourselves in?
(a) None of these.
(b) Extraordinary things.
(d) Drab things.
2. What mocks Oliver in Daisies?
(a) A crane.
(b) A hornet.
(c) A mockingbird.
(d) An owl.
3. What does using nature in her poems allow Oliver to do?
(a) Broaden her range.
(b) Set forth an interpretation.
(c) Accept responsibility.
(d) Open minds.
4. What is Oliver's most commonly used literary device in these poems?
5. Why did Oliver choose the simple titles for her poems?
(a) To take the guesswork away from the reader.
(b) To leave the interpretation open.
(c) To make her thoughts obscure.
(d) To guide the reader.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Oliver choose the tone she did at the beginning of Work Sometimes?
2. How do the characters in Mysteries, Four of the Simple Ones feel about the events in the poem?
3. What animal was featured in The Measure?
4. In Work Sometimes, what does Oliver say happiness is?
5. What belongs to the animal in The Real Prayers are Not the Words, but the Attention that comes First?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)