|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections II through VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many poems are in the first section?
2. What does using nature in her poems allow Oliver to do?
(a) Open minds.
(b) Accept responsibility.
(c) Set forth an interpretation.
(d) Broaden her range.
3. What kind of citizen did the poet call the animal in The Measure?
4. What necessity has Oliver resigned to in Forty Years?
(a) Realizing she is mortal.
(b) Noting her inconsistencies.
(c) Communicating by words.
(d) Talking with other people.
5. What does the editor say there is an absence of in the first section of poems?
(a) Deep analogies.
(d) Inside jokes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In How Would You Live Then, what does Oliver talk about being an adviser?
2. In At Round Pond, what does Oliver say both life and death are?
3. What is the subject of Mysteries, Four of the Simple Ones?
4. What tone does Oliver take on at the end of Work Sometimes?
5. In Seven White Butterflies, what does Oliver compare butterfly wings to?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)