|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections II through VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oliver think people should pay more attention to in life?
2. What does Oliver try to provide multiple avenues for in her poems?
(c) Thought provocation.
3. Which of these words is used by the editor to describe Oliver's style?
(c) All of these.
4. What was a joy to the animal featured in The Real Prayers are Not the Words, but the Attention that comes First?
5. In While I Am Writing a Poem to Celebrate Summer, the Meadowlark Begins to Sing, what is the song of the bird called?
(a) A speech in progress.
(b) A thrill song.
(c) A sweet melody.
(d) An observation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the editor say Oliver is NOT trying to do with the poems in the first section?
2. What is Oliver trying to establish an intimacy with in Work Sometimes?
3. What does Oliver hope to show about the world in her poems?
4. In Work sometimes, which of these does Oliver list as something that happiness is NOT?
5. How does the editor describe the language in the first section of poems?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)