|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through New Poems (2004 - 2005).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the length of most of Oliver's poems in this collection?
(a) Many pages.
(b) A few short stanzas.
(c) Medium in length.
(d) Just a few lines.
2. What are most of the poems in this collection about?
(c) Plants and animals.
3. According to Oliver, what is the question mark's bold sister?
(a) The comma.
(b) The dash.
(c) The exclamation point.
(d) The semicolon.
4. Which of these words is used by the editor to describe Oliver's style?
(b) All of these.
5. What does the editor say is Oliver's signature on her work?
(a) Her verbage.
(b) Her tone.
(c) Her description.
(d) Her method.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color were the eyes of the animal in The Real Prayers are Not the Words, but the Attention that comes First?
2. What is the first plant talked about in Mysteries, Four of the Simple Ones?
3. What is Oliver trying to establish an intimacy with in Work Sometimes?
4. What had stacked up on the table in Work Sometimes?
5. What tone does Oliver take on at the end of Work Sometimes?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)