|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through New Poems (2004 - 2005).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first plant talked about in Mysteries, Four of the Simple Ones?
2. Which of these words is used by the editor to describe Oliver's style?
(d) All of these.
3. What does Oliver compare picking the right words to in Mysteries, Four of the Simple Ones?
(a) Threading a needle.
(b) Picking fruit.
(c) Growing a garden.
(d) Sorting money.
4. What is the main subject of Everything?
5. What amazing event happens to the catbird in Mysteries, Four of the Simple Ones?
(a) Building a nest.
(b) Hatching eggs.
(c) Learning to fly.
(d) Finding a mate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oliver try to provide multiple avenues for in her poems?
2. What style is Work Sometimes written in?
3. According to Oliver, what is the question mark's bold sister?
4. How many poems are in the first section?
5. In Work Sometimes, what does Oliver say happiness is?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)