|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through New Poems (2004 - 2005).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Oliver do at the end of Work Sometimes?
(a) Ran for her life.
(b) Took a nap.
(c) Went back to work.
(d) Closed her blinds.
2. What does Oliver call the things in life that are not human?
3. In Everything, what does Oliver compare elaboration to?
(a) Vests with ties.
(b) Striped canes.
(c) Frills and lace.
(d) Puffed sleeves.
4. What was singing to Oliver in Work Sometimes?
(a) The wind.
(b) The radio.
(c) Street cars.
5. What are most of Oliver's precious poems about?
(d) Abstract thoughts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Oliver trying to describe with the lilt in the words in Everything?
2. What is Oliver's most commonly used literary device in these poems?
3. What is the length of most of Oliver's poems in this collection?
4. What does Oliver compare picking the right words to in Mysteries, Four of the Simple Ones?
5. What does using nature in her poems allow Oliver to do?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)