|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through New Poems (2004 - 2005).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are most of the poems in this collection about?
(b) Plants and animals.
2. How does Oliver state we must pray in The Real Prayers are Not the Words, but the Attention that comes First?
(a) We must listen and obey.
(b) We must desire and pursue.
(c) We must observe and meditate.
(d) We must ask and wait.
3. In Work Sometimes, what does Oliver say happiness is?
(a) Moments of peace.
(c) Work ongoing.
(d) A job well done.
4. What animal was featured in The Measure?
(a) A box turtle.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) An armadillo.
(d) A squirrel.
5. How is the animal featured in The Real Prayers are Not the Words, but the Attention that comes First described in the first lines?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oliver call the things in life that are not human?
2. What is the first plant talked about in Mysteries, Four of the Simple Ones?
3. According to Oliver, what is the question mark's bold sister?
4. What did the rain in Work Sometimes do to the flowers in the yard?
5. What poet did Oliver live with for a time?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)