|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections II through VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oliver say is possible at the beginning of Daisies?
(a) That we can learn all there is to learn.
(b) That our spirits will live forever.
(c) That we can learn the language of a flower.
(d) That we can be as wise as we wish.
2. In Seven White Butterflies, what does Oliver compare butterfly wings to?
3. What does Oliver say all narrative is in Prose Poem 2?
4. How is The Bleeding Heart formatted?
(a) Choral form.
(b) Limerick form.
(c) Sonnett form.
(d) Prose form.
5. Why does Oliver like to use her most common literary device?
(a) It is a symbolic form of writing.
(b) It broadens understanding of humans.
(c) It comes easily to her.
(d) It makes her work unique.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Long Afternoon at the Edge of Little Sister Pond, what does Oliver say life has been as soft as?
2. In Mindful, what kind of things does Oliver say we should lose ourselves in?
3. Why did Oliver choose the simple titles for her poems?
4. In Prose Poem 1, what does Oliver say the season she talks about was full of?
5. What did Oliver say she was outside of while writing Work Sometimes?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)