|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections II through VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In How Would You Live Then, what does Oliver talk about in a painting?
(a) A bush.
(b) A flower.
(c) A rock.
(d) A tree.
2. What does Oliver say is NOT praying in The Real Prayers are Not the Words, but the Attention that comes First?
(a) Witnessing with the eyes.
(b) Seeing and noticing.
(c) Seeing what has not been seen.
3. In The Soul At Last, which of these does Oliver say the composition of the soul is like?
(a) Tree bark.
(b) Rushing river.
(c) Twinkling stars.
(d) Spider webs.
4. According to Oliver, what is the question mark's bold sister?
(a) The exclamation point.
(b) The semicolon.
(c) The dash.
(d) The comma.
5. What were the feet of the animal compared to in The Real Prayers are Not the Words, but the Attention that comes First?
(c) The Sun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oliver try to write most of her poems about?
2. In How Would You Live Then, what does Oliver talk about being inside walls?
3. How does Oliver say Everything first came to her?
4. What storms out of the darkness in May?
5. What does Oliver say would make the mocker silent in Daisies?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)