|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections II through VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Oliver say Everything first came to her?
(a) A dream.
(b) A quiet whispering.
(c) A moment of calm.
(d) A vision.
2. What were the eyes of the animal compared to in The Real Prayers are Not the Words, but the Attention that comes First?
3. What animal is featured in The Real Prayers are Not the Words, but the Attention that comes First?
(a) A gull.
(b) An eagle.
(c) A falcon.
(d) A hawk.
4. Which of these is a line from The Bleeding Heart?
(a) Where could that have gone?
(b) What has become of her.
(c) I think that was true.
(d) I wish that I were her.
5. What creature is featured in May?
(a) A snake.
(b) A scorpion.
(c) A lizard.
(d) A spider.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the editor say Oliver is NOT trying to do with the poems in the first section?
2. How does Oliver describe her poetry in Everything?
3. In Forty Years, what does Oliver say she struggles with?
4. How many quatrains make up Forty Years?
5. In The Soul At Last, which of these does Oliver say the composition of the soul is like?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)