|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections II through VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the animal in The Measure do when the poet tried to save it?
(a) Looked into her eye.
(b) Hissed at her.
(c) Ran away.
(d) Bit her.
2. What does Oliver like to assign to inanimate objects in her poems?
(c) Human characteristics.
3. Which of these is a line from The Bleeding Heart?
(a) What has become of her.
(b) Where could that have gone?
(c) I wish that I were her.
(d) I think that was true.
4. What does the editor say Oliver is NOT trying to do with the poems in the first section?
(a) Observe humanity.
(b) Observe nature.
(c) Make the reader think.
(d) Surprise the reader.
5. What is Oliver's most commonly used literary device in these poems?
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal was featured in The Measure?
2. What does Oliver say about our lives in The Measure?
3. In How Would You Live Then, what does Oliver talk about being inside walls?
4. What does Oliver say she wants readers of Everything to look beyond?
5. Which of the following is NOT a word Oliver says she wants to use often in Everything?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)