|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections II through VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Oliver describe H's in Forty Years?
2. What does Oliver try to write most of her poems about?
(a) Political needs.
(b) Psychological problems.
(d) Human concerns.
3. What does the editor say new readers of Oliver will feel when they read the first section?
(a) They will feel like they have always known her.
(b) They will get sucked in right away.
(c) They are in for a surprise.
(d) They will be eased into the style.
4. Which of these words does Oliver use to describe letters in Forty Years?
5. What does Oliver think people should pay more attention to in life?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oliver observe at the end of Work Sometimes?
2. How do the characters in Mysteries, Four of the Simple Ones feel about the events in the poem?
3. Which of the following does Oliver say she learns from in Mindful?
4. What amazing event happens to the catbird in Mysteries, Four of the Simple Ones?
5. What animal is featured in The Real Prayers are Not the Words, but the Attention that comes First?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)