|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person to kick Richard at the ambush?
2. Who made the fake key that Door used?
3. Who recovers Hunter's corpse?
4. What does Richard wonder every time he rides the tube in London Above?
5. Why does Vandemar say they need to keep Door alive?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Door's family killed?
2. What happens after Islington leaves the citadel?
3. What does Islington offer to Door to get her to close the door, and does she?
4. How does Door repay Hammersmith for his services?
5. What causes The Great Beast of London to appear before Richard?
6. What happens to marquis while Door is facing the Black Friars?
7. What does Old Bailey do after purchasing marquis' body?
8. What do Door, Richard and Hunter dream about after the Angelus is found?
9. What does Croup do with the collectible that marquis gives him?
10. How do Hunter and Door react to Richard's return from his challenge?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Some of the names from this book were very symbolic and carefully chosen. What are some of these names, what did they symbolize, and how did this significance alter the plot and affect their character?
Essay Topic 2
Memory is a huge theme in this book as those who cross to the world below are forgotten by the world above. Which characters are most affected by this theme, and how does it change their behavior and actions within in the plot?
Essay Topic 3
How is the Great Beast of London killed, and what significance does this event have on the main characters in this book?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)