|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What beverage does Islington share with Richard and Door?
2. What kind of structure is the second floating market held in?
3. Who does Islington need to get the item from that Door wants?
4. What does Door want Islington to find for her?
5. Where is Door chained when Richard gets to the citadel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hunter do just before she dies?
2. What does Hunter reveal about Islington's citadel?
3. What do Door, Richard and Hunter dream about after the Angelus is found?
4. How does Richard return from his challenge from the Black Friars, and why is this so surprising?
5. What causes The Great Beast of London to appear before Richard?
6. What does Islington offer to Door to get her to close the door, and does she?
7. What does Richard find when he returns to the real world?
8. What keeps Richard from committing suicide during his challenge from the Black Friars?
9. Where does Lamia say Islington lives?
10. What happens when Richard and Door return Below after finding the Angelus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Richard's main goal during his journey through this book, and how did this motivate him during some of his trials?
Essay Topic 2
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this plot?
Essay Topic 3
What were the challenges given by the Black Friars, and how did they change the characters who they were given to?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)