|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of place does Richard live in when he returns?
2. How many questions does marquis have Croup answer to get a new collectible?
3. What challenge is Hunter given by the Black Friars?
4. Who kills the Great Beast of London?
5. Where is the floating market to be held after the challenges are complete?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hunter do just before she dies?
2. What does Islington offer to Door to get her to close the door, and does she?
3. What happens at the end of the book?
4. What do Richard and Door say to each other before Richard returns home?
5. What does Hunter tell Richard to do after the Great Beast is killed, and why?
6. What happens to marquis while Door is facing the Black Friars?
7. Why does marquis say he was willing to die?
8. What keeps Richard from committing suicide during his challenge from the Black Friars?
9. How do Hunter and Door react to Richard's return from his challenge?
10. How does Door repay Hammersmith for his services?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There were some incredible moments of betrayal in this book. What are some of these instances, what was the motive for them, and how were the characters in those scenes affected by this betrayal?
Essay Topic 2
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 3
Moderation is a huge theme in this book commonly taught by marquis. What are some of these instances, and how do these moments affect the other characters in those scenes?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)