|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the Great Beast of London to attack Richard's group?
2. Where does the locked door in the citadel lead to?
3. What do Richard and Door almost do when they return to the museum?
4. What does Croup collect?
5. What does Vandemar use to keep Door quiet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Croup do with the collectible that marquis gives him?
2. What keeps Richard from committing suicide during his challenge from the Black Friars?
3. What do Door, Richard and Hunter dream about after the Angelus is found?
4. What happens at the end of the book?
5. How does Door repay Hammersmith for his services?
6. What did Hunter get in return for betraying Door, and why?
7. What does Hunter reveal about Islington's citadel?
8. How do Hunter and Door react to Richard's return from his challenge?
9. What does Islington offer to Door to get her to close the door, and does she?
10. What causes The Great Beast of London to appear before Richard?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There were some incredible moments of betrayal in this book. What are some of these instances, what was the motive for them, and how were the characters in those scenes affected by this betrayal?
Essay Topic 2
Who was Islington, and what significance did his character have on the progression of this plot? How did his place in the plot affect the other characters?
Essay Topic 3
What was Richard's main goal during his journey through this book, and how did this motivate him during some of his trials?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)