|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vandemar give Hunter after they get the key?
2. What is Old Bailey doing when he hears of where marquis' body is?
3. What does Hunter give to Richard before she dies?
4. What do Richard and Door almost do when they return to the museum?
5. What causes the Great Beast of London to attack Richard's group?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hunter tell Richard to do after the Great Beast is killed, and why?
2. How do Hunter and Door react to Richard's return from his challenge?
3. What keeps Richard from committing suicide during his challenge from the Black Friars?
4. What does Croup do with the collectible that marquis gives him?
5. Why was Door's family killed?
6. What happens to marquis while Door is facing the Black Friars?
7. What happens after Islington leaves the citadel?
8. How does Richard return from his challenge from the Black Friars, and why is this so surprising?
9. What does Old Bailey do after purchasing marquis' body?
10. What does Richard find when he first enters the citadel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this plot?
Essay Topic 2
Memory is a huge theme in this book as those who cross to the world below are forgotten by the world above. Which characters are most affected by this theme, and how does it change their behavior and actions within in the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Upper London and London Below have some very important similarities and differences. Please cite evidence from the book as you compare and contrast these two integral settings from the book.
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)