|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard feel like doing at the end of his challenge from the Black Friars?
2. What does Richard become after the Great Beast is killed?
3. Who is the only person Richard tells about his experience below?
4. What does Croup collect?
5. What does Islington's citadel serve as?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Richard find when he first enters the citadel?
2. What happens at the end of the book?
3. Why was Door's family killed?
4. Where does Lamia say Islington lives?
5. What does Richard do when Croup demands the key?
6. What does Croup do with the collectible that marquis gives him?
7. What does Hunter tell Richard to do after the Great Beast is killed, and why?
8. What does Hunter reveal about Islington's citadel?
9. How does Door repay Hammersmith for his services?
10. What happens to Richard as he crosses the dark span with the group?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who was Islington, and what significance did his character have on the progression of this plot? How did his place in the plot affect the other characters?
Essay Topic 2
What was Richard's main goal during his journey through this book, and how did this motivate him during some of his trials?
Essay Topic 3
There were some very sad and symbolic deaths in this book. What are some of these deaths, what did they symbolize, and how did they shape the course of this plot?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)