|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Door chained when Richard gets to the citadel?
2. Who does Islington need to get the item from that Door wants?
3. Why does Islington say Atlantis was destroyed?
4. What guides Croup to the citadel?
5. Where did the fog come from while Hunter was talking to Richard about what she likes to hunt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the end of the book?
2. What does Hunter tell Richard to do after the Great Beast is killed, and why?
3. What happens to marquis while Door is facing the Black Friars?
4. What do Richard and Door say to each other before Richard returns home?
5. What does Croup do with the collectible that marquis gives him?
6. Why does marquis say he was willing to die?
7. What happens when Richard and Door return Below after finding the Angelus?
8. How does Door repay Hammersmith for his services?
9. What causes The Great Beast of London to appear before Richard?
10. How do Hunter and Door react to Richard's return from his challenge?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Upper London and London Below have some very important similarities and differences. Please cite evidence from the book as you compare and contrast these two integral settings from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Dreams were a very important part of this story line. What were some of the most important dreams, what were their meanings, and how did they serve to guide the course of this plot?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the main choices Richard has to make in this book, and how do his decisions in these instances affect the other people around him?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)