|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is now the key's master since Islington is gone?
2. What is the first injury that Vandemar gives Richard?
3. What do the Fryers do to remember the person who is given the hardest challenge?
4. Who is Croup's boss?
5. Where is Door chained when Richard gets to the citadel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Lamia say Islington lives?
2. What does Islington offer to Door to get her to close the door, and does she?
3. What did Hunter get in return for betraying Door, and why?
4. What does Croup do with the collectible that marquis gives him?
5. How does Door repay Hammersmith for his services?
6. How was Richard protected from the Velvets before he returned home?
7. What keeps Richard from committing suicide during his challenge from the Black Friars?
8. What happens at the end of the book?
9. What do Richard and Door say to each other before Richard returns home?
10. What do Door, Richard and Hunter dream about after the Angelus is found?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this plot?
Essay Topic 2
Some of the names from this book were very symbolic and carefully chosen. What are some of these names, what did they symbolize, and how did this significance alter the plot and affect their character?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the main choices Richard has to make in this book, and how do his decisions in these instances affect the other people around him?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)