|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Lamia kisses Richard?
2. Why does Croup decide NOT to torture Door?
3. Who reveals Islington's maniacal side?
4. What does marquis look like when he finally rejoins the group?
5. What is the first injury that Vandemar gives Richard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Hunter get in return for betraying Door, and why?
2. What causes The Great Beast of London to appear before Richard?
3. What do Richard and Door say to each other before Richard returns home?
4. What happens to marquis while Door is facing the Black Friars?
5. How does Door repay Hammersmith for his services?
6. What does Croup do with the collectible that marquis gives him?
7. What does Hunter reveal about Islington's citadel?
8. What happens at the end of the book?
9. What keeps Richard from committing suicide during his challenge from the Black Friars?
10. What does Richard find when he first enters the citadel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Some of the names from this book were very symbolic and carefully chosen. What are some of these names, what did they symbolize, and how did this significance alter the plot and affect their character?
Essay Topic 2
Who was Islington, and what significance did his character have on the progression of this plot? How did his place in the plot affect the other characters?
Essay Topic 3
This plot takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Gaiman have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)