|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the marsh that Richard trudges through with marquis and Hunter?
2. Why does Islington say Atlantis was destroyed?
3. Who recovers Hunter's corpse?
4. What kind of place does Richard live in when he returns?
5. Who is the only person Richard tells about his experience below?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Richard and Door say to each other before Richard returns home?
2. What happens at the end of the book?
3. What does Old Bailey do after purchasing marquis' body?
4. What does Hunter reveal about Islington's citadel?
5. What does Islington offer to Door to get her to close the door, and does she?
6. What did Hunter get in return for betraying Door, and why?
7. How do Hunter and Door react to Richard's return from his challenge?
8. What does Croup do with the collectible that marquis gives him?
9. How does Richard return from his challenge from the Black Friars, and why is this so surprising?
10. What keeps Richard from committing suicide during his challenge from the Black Friars?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Door's main motivation in this book, and how did this affect her relationship with Richard?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the main choices Richard has to make in this book, and how do his decisions in these instances affect the other people around him?
Essay Topic 3
Dreams were a very important part of this story line. What were some of the most important dreams, what were their meanings, and how did they serve to guide the course of this plot?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)