|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Richard say he no longer wants to be with Jessica?
2. Who reveals Islington's maniacal side?
3. Why does marquis tell Croup he is protecting Door?
4. Where did the fog come from while Hunter was talking to Richard about what she likes to hunt?
5. What does Hunter tell Richard she regrets?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does marquis say he was willing to die?
2. What keeps Richard from committing suicide during his challenge from the Black Friars?
3. What does Richard do when Croup demands the key?
4. How does Door repay Hammersmith for his services?
5. What happens to marquis while Door is facing the Black Friars?
6. What does Hunter reveal about Islington's citadel?
7. What causes The Great Beast of London to appear before Richard?
8. What does Old Bailey notice about the silver box, and what does this mean?
9. What do Door, Richard and Hunter dream about after the Angelus is found?
10. What happens after Islington leaves the citadel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 2
There were some incredible moments of betrayal in this book. What are some of these instances, what was the motive for them, and how were the characters in those scenes affected by this betrayal?
Essay Topic 3
How is the Great Beast of London killed, and what significance does this event have on the main characters in this book?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)