|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who made the last video journal entry of Door's father?
2. How much of a head start does marquis ask Croup for in exchange for a new collectible?
3. Who does Islington need to get the item from that Door wants?
4. What does marquis look like when he finally rejoins the group?
5. What does Hunter tell Richard she regrets?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Croup do with the collectible that marquis gives him?
2. How do Hunter and Door react to Richard's return from his challenge?
3. What do Door, Richard and Hunter dream about after the Angelus is found?
4. What does Hunter tell Richard to do after the Great Beast is killed, and why?
5. Where does Lamia say Islington lives?
6. What does Hunter do just before she dies?
7. What happens at the end of the book?
8. What does Richard do when Croup demands the key?
9. What do Richard and Door say to each other before Richard returns home?
10. How was Richard protected from the Velvets before he returned home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this plot?
Essay Topic 2
Why did marquis allow himself to be killed, and how did this sacrifice alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Upper London and London Below have some very important similarities and differences. Please cite evidence from the book as you compare and contrast these two integral settings from the book.
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)