|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who saves Richard from Lamia's kiss?
2. What dynasty is most of Croup's collection from?
3. How many questions does marquis have Croup answer to get a new collectible?
4. What is the name of the dark-haired woman at the market?
5. Where is Door chained when Richard gets to the citadel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Richard do when Croup demands the key?
2. Why was Door's family killed?
3. Where does Lamia say Islington lives?
4. What happens at the end of the book?
5. What keeps Richard from committing suicide during his challenge from the Black Friars?
6. What does Old Bailey notice about the silver box, and what does this mean?
7. What happens after Islington leaves the citadel?
8. How does Richard return from his challenge from the Black Friars, and why is this so surprising?
9. What does Hunter reveal about Islington's citadel?
10. What happens to marquis while Door is facing the Black Friars?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There were some incredible moments of betrayal in this book. What are some of these instances, what was the motive for them, and how were the characters in those scenes affected by this betrayal?
Essay Topic 2
What was Richard's main goal during his journey through this book, and how did this motivate him during some of his trials?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the main choices Richard has to make in this book, and how do his decisions in these instances affect the other people around him?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)