|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What beverage does Islington share with Richard and Door?
2. What does Hunter like to hunt?
3. What does Islington offer to Door in return for closing the door?
4. Who is given the most dangerous task by the Black Friars?
5. Who kills the Great Beast of London?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Lamia say Islington lives?
2. How was Richard protected from the Velvets before he returned home?
3. Why does marquis say he was willing to die?
4. How does Door repay Hammersmith for his services?
5. How does Richard return from his challenge from the Black Friars, and why is this so surprising?
6. What does Old Bailey notice about the silver box, and what does this mean?
7. What happens to Richard as he crosses the dark span with the group?
8. How do Hunter and Door react to Richard's return from his challenge?
9. What does Islington offer to Door to get her to close the door, and does she?
10. What happens when Richard and Door return Below after finding the Angelus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did marquis allow himself to be killed, and how did this sacrifice alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
How did marquis lose his favor with the court, and how did this event from the past alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
What was Richard's main goal during his journey through this book, and how did this motivate him during some of his trials?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)