|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is said to guard Islington's citadel?
2. What did Door's father do when Islington asked for his help?
3. Who made the fake key that Door used?
4. What is the first injury that Vandemar gives Richard?
5. Where did the fog come from while Hunter was talking to Richard about what she likes to hunt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes The Great Beast of London to appear before Richard?
2. What did Hunter get in return for betraying Door, and why?
3. What keeps Richard from committing suicide during his challenge from the Black Friars?
4. What happens to marquis while Door is facing the Black Friars?
5. What does Croup do with the collectible that marquis gives him?
6. What does Hunter do just before she dies?
7. What does Richard do when Croup demands the key?
8. What happens after Islington leaves the citadel?
9. Where does Lamia say Islington lives?
10. What happens when Lamia kisses Richard?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Memory is a huge theme in this book as those who cross to the world below are forgotten by the world above. Which characters are most affected by this theme, and how does it change their behavior and actions within in the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Dreams were a very important part of this story line. What were some of the most important dreams, what were their meanings, and how did they serve to guide the course of this plot?
Essay Topic 3
What was Richard's main goal during his journey through this book, and how did this motivate him during some of his trials?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)