|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first injury that Vandemar gives Richard?
2. What kind of place does Richard live in when he returns?
3. How does Hunter feel when the Great Beast appears?
4. Who is overcome with fear as they approach Down Street?
5. What do Richard and Door almost do when they return to the museum?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes The Great Beast of London to appear before Richard?
2. What happens to Richard as he crosses the dark span with the group?
3. What does Richard find when he first enters the citadel?
4. What happens when Richard and Door return Below after finding the Angelus?
5. What does Hunter reveal about Islington's citadel?
6. What does Old Bailey do after purchasing marquis' body?
7. Why was Door's family killed?
8. What does Hunter do just before she dies?
9. Where does Lamia say Islington lives?
10. What did Hunter get in return for betraying Door, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This plot takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Gaiman have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the supernatural powers that are included in this book, and how does their inclusion shape this plot?
Essay Topic 3
Moderation is a huge theme in this book commonly taught by marquis. What are some of these instances, and how do these moments affect the other characters in those scenes?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)