|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Islington dream about being destroyed?
2. Why does marquis tell Croup he is protecting Door?
3. Who is the voice of Richard's subconscious during his challenge from the Black Friars?
4. Why does Vandemar say they need to keep Door alive?
5. What does Islington say will protect Door on the last leg of her journey?
Essay Topic 1
What was Door's main motivation in this book, and how did this affect her relationship with Richard?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the supernatural powers that are included in this book, and how does their inclusion shape this plot?
Essay Topic 3
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this plot?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)