|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Old Bailey doing when he hears of where marquis' body is?
2. What causes Door to use her key in the door in the citadel?
3. Where did Door put the real key?
4. What challenge is Hunter given by the Black Friars?
5. What dynasty is most of Croup's collection from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Richard find when he first enters the citadel?
2. What does Richard do when Croup demands the key?
3. How do Hunter and Door react to Richard's return from his challenge?
4. What do Richard and Door say to each other before Richard returns home?
5. What happens to marquis while Door is facing the Black Friars?
6. What did Hunter get in return for betraying Door, and why?
7. Why does marquis say he was willing to die?
8. What does Islington offer to Door to get her to close the door, and does she?
9. What does Hunter reveal about Islington's citadel?
10. Where does Lamia say Islington lives?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Upper London and London Below have some very important similarities and differences. Please cite evidence from the book as you compare and contrast these two integral settings from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 3
How did marquis lose his favor with the court, and how did this event from the past alter the course of the plot?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)