|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is now the key's master since Islington is gone?
2. Who made the fake key that Door used?
3. What did Door's father do when Islington asked for his help?
4. Who reveals Islington's maniacal side?
5. What kind of life does Richard decide he wants to lead?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Richard and Door say to each other before Richard returns home?
2. What does Hunter do just before she dies?
3. What causes The Great Beast of London to appear before Richard?
4. What happens to Richard as he crosses the dark span with the group?
5. What happens after Islington leaves the citadel?
6. Why does marquis say he was willing to die?
7. What does Old Bailey notice about the silver box, and what does this mean?
8. What happens when Richard and Door return Below after finding the Angelus?
9. What does Old Bailey do after purchasing marquis' body?
10. How was Richard protected from the Velvets before he returned home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this plot?
Essay Topic 2
There were some very sad and symbolic deaths in this book. What are some of these deaths, what did they symbolize, and how did they shape the course of this plot?
Essay Topic 3
Dreams were a very important part of this story line. What were some of the most important dreams, what were their meanings, and how did they serve to guide the course of this plot?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)