|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is overcome with fear as they approach Down Street?
2. What is Old Bailey doing when he hears of where marquis' body is?
3. What is in the marsh that Richard trudges through with marquis and Hunter?
4. Where does the Great Beast wound Hunter?
5. Who kills the Great Beast of London?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Old Bailey do after purchasing marquis' body?
2. Why does marquis say he was willing to die?
3. How was Richard protected from the Velvets before he returned home?
4. What happens when Lamia kisses Richard?
5. What happens to Richard as he crosses the dark span with the group?
6. What does Hunter tell Richard to do after the Great Beast is killed, and why?
7. What do Richard and Door say to each other before Richard returns home?
8. What do Door, Richard and Hunter dream about after the Angelus is found?
9. What keeps Richard from committing suicide during his challenge from the Black Friars?
10. What happens to marquis while Door is facing the Black Friars?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Richard changed after his first experience with Door, and how do these changes alter the course of his life?
Essay Topic 2
Who was Islington, and what significance did his character have on the progression of this plot? How did his place in the plot affect the other characters?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the main choices Richard has to make in this book, and how do his decisions in these instances affect the other people around him?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)