|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What challenge is Hunter given by the Black Friars?
2. What does Islington's citadel serve as?
3. What dynasty is most of Croup's collection from?
4. Where did the fog come from while Hunter was talking to Richard about what she likes to hunt?
5. What weapon does marquis use against Hunter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does marquis say he was willing to die?
2. What do Richard and Door say to each other before Richard returns home?
3. What happens after Islington leaves the citadel?
4. How was Richard protected from the Velvets before he returned home?
5. What does Hunter tell Richard to do after the Great Beast is killed, and why?
6. What happens when Lamia kisses Richard?
7. What causes The Great Beast of London to appear before Richard?
8. What does Islington offer to Door to get her to close the door, and does she?
9. Why was Door's family killed?
10. What does Richard find when he first enters the citadel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Some of the names from this book were very symbolic and carefully chosen. What are some of these names, what did they symbolize, and how did this significance alter the plot and affect their character?
Essay Topic 2
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this plot?
Essay Topic 3
There were some very sad and symbolic deaths in this book. What are some of these deaths, what did they symbolize, and how did they shape the course of this plot?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)