|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who made the fake key that Door used?
2. What do the Fryers do to remember the person who is given the hardest challenge?
3. What does Door ask Hammersmith to make for her?
4. What is said to guard Islington's citadel?
5. What does Richard wonder every time he rides the tube in London Above?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Islington leaves the citadel?
2. How does Richard return from his challenge from the Black Friars, and why is this so surprising?
3. What does Richard do when Croup demands the key?
4. What happens when Lamia kisses Richard?
5. What does Richard find when he returns to the real world?
6. What happens to marquis while Door is facing the Black Friars?
7. What happens to Richard as he crosses the dark span with the group?
8. Where does Lamia say Islington lives?
9. What happens when Richard and Door return Below after finding the Angelus?
10. What do Richard and Door say to each other before Richard returns home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Some of the names from this book were very symbolic and carefully chosen. What are some of these names, what did they symbolize, and how did this significance alter the plot and affect their character?
Essay Topic 2
There were some very sad and symbolic deaths in this book. What are some of these deaths, what did they symbolize, and how did they shape the course of this plot?
Essay Topic 3
Upper London and London Below have some very important similarities and differences. Please cite evidence from the book as you compare and contrast these two integral settings from the book.
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)