|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who first sees marquis' body?
2. Who is the voice of Richard's subconscious during his challenge from the Black Friars?
3. What is Old Bailey doing when he hears of where marquis' body is?
4. Who made the last video journal entry of Door's father?
5. How does Richard feel when he learns the key was never used?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Door repay Hammersmith for his services?
2. What does Old Bailey notice about the silver box, and what does this mean?
3. What did Hunter get in return for betraying Door, and why?
4. Why was Door's family killed?
5. What happens to marquis while Door is facing the Black Friars?
6. How was Richard protected from the Velvets before he returned home?
7. What does Hunter reveal about Islington's citadel?
8. What causes The Great Beast of London to appear before Richard?
9. How do Hunter and Door react to Richard's return from his challenge?
10. What does Hunter tell Richard to do after the Great Beast is killed, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Richard changed after his first experience with Door, and how do these changes alter the course of his life?
Essay Topic 2
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 3
How did marquis lose his favor with the court, and how did this event from the past alter the course of the plot?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)