|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Richard's first journey with marquis end?
2. How does Door kill Mr. Ross?
3. What weapon does Richard use when he is dreaming about fighting in the sewer?
4. Why is the marquis so happy to help Door?
5. What is the name of Jessica's father's exhibit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Richard sees Jessica for the first time after Door leaves?
2. What is the Earl in command of?
3. What does the homeless man do when Richard asks him a question?
4. What do Croup and Vandemar do after scaring Door in the museum?
5. What disapoints Richard when he first sees the train in the Below?
6. What does Richard ask of a homeless man shortly after his phone call from Croup?
7. What does Richard realize has happened to him shortly after Door leaves?
8. What special power does Varney have?
9. What worries Hunter so much when Door starts to go Above?
10. What new orders is Croup given after he kills Varney?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 2
What was Door's main motivation in this book, and how did this affect her relationship with Richard?
Essay Topic 3
There were some very sad and symbolic deaths in this book. What are some of these deaths, what did they symbolize, and how did they shape the course of this plot?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)