|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Door say she refuses to answer Richard's questions?
2. What kind of creature does Door summon and speak to while in Richard's apartment?
3. How did Door's family die?
4. What is the name of the woman in leather?
5. Where does Richard's first journey with marquis end?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does marquis warn Door of as their train takes off?
2. What happens when Richard sees Jessica for the first time after Door leaves?
3. What does Richard find on his way to dinner, and how does Jessica respond to this?
4. What do Richard and Door see after using the Angelus?
5. What does Mr. Stockton unveil, and why is this so significant?
6. What happens to Varney after he fails to get the bodyguard job?
7. Why does Door decide to go back and help Richard after leaving him in the marketplace?
8. What new orders is Croup given after he kills Varney?
9. What happens to the people in the room after Door and Richard disappear through the Angelus?
10. What do Croup and Vandemar do after scaring Door in the museum?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Moderation is a huge theme in this book commonly taught by marquis. What are some of these instances, and how do these moments affect the other characters in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Why did marquis allow himself to be killed, and how did this sacrifice alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Upper London and London Below have some very important similarities and differences. Please cite evidence from the book as you compare and contrast these two integral settings from the book.
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)