|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the woman outside the pub say she knows what will happen to Richard?
2. What is the Angelus?
3. What does Richard's fiancee hope to mold him into?
4. Where does Door plan to hire a bodyguard?
5. How does marquis feel after seeing Varney at the marketplace?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Richard find on his way to dinner, and how does Jessica respond to this?
2. What special power does Varney have?
3. What do Croup and Vandemar do after scaring Door in the museum?
4. What is done for Door when she is injured after she gives her request before fainting?
5. How did Varney lose the bodyguard job?
6. What does Door tell Richard she is looking for after going back to the marketplace for him?
7. What new orders is Croup given after he kills Varney?
8. Why does Door decide to go back and help Richard after leaving him in the marketplace?
9. What do Richard and Door see after using the Angelus?
10. What does marquis trade for a train schedule, and what is special about it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were the challenges given by the Black Friars, and how did they change the characters who they were given to?
Essay Topic 2
Moderation is a huge theme in this book commonly taught by marquis. What are some of these instances, and how do these moments affect the other characters in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Memory is a huge theme in this book as those who cross to the world below are forgotten by the world above. Which characters are most affected by this theme, and how does it change their behavior and actions within in the plot?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)