|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard realize he has become after his experience with Door?
2. What is the marquis' name?
3. How does Door feel when she sees Richard in the marketplace?
4. How does Door kill Mr. Ross?
5. What does Door do to distract Jessica?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to the man that marquis gave a song to?
2. Why does Door decide to go back and help Richard after leaving him in the marketplace?
3. What is the Earl in command of?
4. What does Richard find on his way to dinner, and how does Jessica respond to this?
5. How did Varney lose the bodyguard job?
6. What do Richard and Door see after using the Angelus?
7. What happens to the people in the room after Door and Richard disappear through the Angelus?
8. How do Richard and Door get food after running from Croup?
9. What disapoints Richard when he first sees the train in the Below?
10. How does the Earl tell Door she can get to Islington?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Richard changed after his first experience with Door, and how do these changes alter the course of his life?
Essay Topic 2
Why did marquis allow himself to be killed, and how did this sacrifice alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Some of the names from this book were very symbolic and carefully chosen. What are some of these names, what did they symbolize, and how did this significance alter the plot and affect their character?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)