|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the marquis so happy to help Door?
2. What does the Court do when Hunter is introduced at Court?
3. Who are Richard and his fiancee having dinner with when someone collapses on the sidewalk by them?
4. What does Door do to distract Jessica?
5. What stresses Jessica on the night of her father's unveiling?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Richard and Anesthesia cross the Night's Bridge to get to the market?
2. What does marquis warn Door of as their train takes off?
3. How does the Earl tell Door she can get to Islington?
4. What special power does Varney have?
5. How does the marquis help the man he gave a song to?
6. What happened to the man that marquis gave a song to?
7. How did Varney lose the bodyguard job?
8. What does Richard find on his way to dinner, and how does Jessica respond to this?
9. What new orders is Croup given after he kills Varney?
10. What does marquis trade for a train schedule, and what is special about it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this plot?
Essay Topic 2
What were the challenges given by the Black Friars, and how did they change the characters who they were given to?
Essay Topic 3
How did marquis lose his favor with the court, and how did this event from the past alter the course of the plot?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)