|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the rat who saves Richard from the Rat Speaker?
2. Who helps Richard send a message about Anesthesia's death?
3. What kind of creature does Door summon and speak to while in Richard's apartment?
4. What does Jessica keep thinking about the night of her father's unveiling?
5. What is the name of Door's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Earl in command of?
2. What does Richard ask of a homeless man shortly after his phone call from Croup?
3. What does Door ask for before she faints?
4. What does the homeless man do when Richard asks him a question?
5. What worries Hunter so much when Door starts to go Above?
6. What does Richard find on his way to dinner, and how does Jessica respond to this?
7. What happens when Richard and Anesthesia cross the Night's Bridge to get to the market?
8. What does the woman outside the pub say to Richard at the beginning of the book?
9. What does Mr. Stockton unveil, and why is this so significant?
10. How does the Earl tell Door she can get to Islington?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did marquis lose his favor with the court, and how did this event from the past alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this plot?
Essay Topic 3
Why did marquis allow himself to be killed, and how did this sacrifice alter the course of the plot?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)