|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Door disappear with Richard when she finds the Angelus?
2. Where does marquis plan to meet up with Door after she is done at the Court?
3. Why does the girl who takes Richard to the market say he can never return to the other world?
4. How does Croup's boss contact him after he talks about wanting to kill him?
5. How does Door describe her first sight of Jessica?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the homeless man do when Richard asks him a question?
2. What special power does Varney have?
3. What does marquis trade for a train schedule, and what is special about it?
4. What happens when Richard and Anesthesia cross the Night's Bridge to get to the market?
5. How did Varney lose the bodyguard job?
6. What do Richard and Door see after using the Angelus?
7. What do Croup and Vandemar tell Varney to do?
8. What does Door tell Richard she is looking for after going back to the marketplace for him?
9. What does Richard find on his way to dinner, and how does Jessica respond to this?
10. What do Croup and Vandemar do while Richard and Door are with Islington?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this plot?
Essay Topic 2
How did marquis lose his favor with the court, and how did this event from the past alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Some of the names from this book were very symbolic and carefully chosen. What are some of these names, what did they symbolize, and how did this significance alter the plot and affect their character?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)