|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men does marquis lose when fighting with the Earl?
2. What kind of blade does the Rat Speaker wield?
3. What is Croup's occupation?
4. What does the Court do when Hunter is introduced at Court?
5. Where does Richard's first journey with marquis end?
Short Essay Questions
1. What new orders is Croup given after he kills Varney?
2. What do Croup and Vandemar tell Varney to do?
3. What does marquis trade for a train schedule, and what is special about it?
4. What disapoints Richard when he first sees the train in the Below?
5. How does the marquis help the man he gave a song to?
6. Why does Door decide to go back and help Richard after leaving him in the marketplace?
7. What does marquis warn Door of as their train takes off?
8. What happens when Richard sees Jessica for the first time after Door leaves?
9. What do Croup and Vandemar do after scaring Door in the museum?
10. How do Richard and Door get food after running from Croup?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There were some incredible moments of betrayal in this book. What are some of these instances, what was the motive for them, and how were the characters in those scenes affected by this betrayal?
Essay Topic 2
What was Door's main motivation in this book, and how did this affect her relationship with Richard?
Essay Topic 3
What were the challenges given by the Black Friars, and how did they change the characters who they were given to?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)