|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Croup told to do when he next sees Door?
2. What stresses Jessica on the night of her father's unveiling?
3. How does Door disappear with Richard when she finds the Angelus?
4. What is the Angelus?
5. Who opens the portal to London Above?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Stockton unveil, and why is this so significant?
2. What happens to the people in the room after Door and Richard disappear through the Angelus?
3. What do Croup and Vandemar tell Varney to do?
4. How does the marquis help the man he gave a song to?
5. What do Croup and Vandemar do while Richard and Door are with Islington?
6. What does Richard find on his way to dinner, and how does Jessica respond to this?
7. What does Door tell Richard she is looking for after going back to the marketplace for him?
8. What worries Hunter so much when Door starts to go Above?
9. What do Richard and Door see after using the Angelus?
10. What do Croup and Vandemar do after scaring Door in the museum?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Upper London and London Below have some very important similarities and differences. Please cite evidence from the book as you compare and contrast these two integral settings from the book.
Essay Topic 2
How is the Great Beast of London killed, and what significance does this event have on the main characters in this book?
Essay Topic 3
This plot takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Gaiman have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)