|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard's fiancee hope to mold him into?
2. Who kills Varney?
3. How does Door kill Mr. Ross?
4. What is the name of Jessica's assistant?
5. What is the name of Croup's partner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the homeless man do when Richard asks him a question?
2. How does the marquis help the man he gave a song to?
3. How does the Earl tell Door she can get to Islington?
4. What happens to the people in the room after Door and Richard disappear through the Angelus?
5. What disapoints Richard when he first sees the train in the Below?
6. What do Door, Richard and Hunter dream about after the Angelus is found?
7. What does Islington offer to Door to get her to close the door, and does she?
8. How was Richard protected from the Velvets before he returned home?
9. What does marquis warn Door of as their train takes off?
10. What does Door tell Richard she is looking for after going back to the marketplace for him?
Essay Topic 1
There were some very sad and symbolic deaths in this book. What are some of these deaths, what did they symbolize, and how did they shape the course of this plot?
Essay Topic 2
Upper London and London Below have some very important similarities and differences. Please cite evidence from the book as you compare and contrast these two integral settings from the book.
Essay Topic 3
How is the Great Beast of London killed, and what significance does this event have on the main characters in this book?
This section contains 1,167 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)