|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Croup's occupation?
2. Why does the girl who takes Richard to the market say he can never return to the other world?
3. Where does marquis plan to meet up with Door after she is done at the Court?
4. What does Richard buy at the market with his ballpoint pen?
5. What does marquis say about Richard's old life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is done for Door when she is injured after she gives her request before fainting?
2. What does Door tell Richard she is looking for after going back to the marketplace for him?
3. What does the woman outside the pub say to Richard at the beginning of the book?
4. What worries Hunter so much when Door starts to go Above?
5. What happens when Richard sees Jessica for the first time after Door leaves?
6. What does Mr. Stockton unveil, and why is this so significant?
7. What special power does Varney have?
8. What happens to Varney after he fails to get the bodyguard job?
9. What happened to the man that marquis gave a song to?
10. What new orders is Croup given after he kills Varney?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is the Great Beast of London killed, and what significance does this event have on the main characters in this book?
Essay Topic 2
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 3
Some of the names from this book were very symbolic and carefully chosen. What are some of these names, what did they symbolize, and how did this significance alter the plot and affect their character?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)