|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Richard try to make sense of all that he sees on his first day Below?
2. What is depicted in the statue stolen from Door's father?
3. What kind of creature does Door summon and speak to while in Richard's apartment?
4. What is the third traveler on the bridge dressed in?
5. How does Door feel when she sees Richard in the marketplace?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Richard find on his way to dinner, and how does Jessica respond to this?
2. What does Door tell Richard she is looking for after going back to the marketplace for him?
3. What does Croup do to scare Door in the museum?
4. What does Richard ask of a homeless man shortly after his phone call from Croup?
5. What does marquis trade for a train schedule, and what is special about it?
6. What disapoints Richard when he first sees the train in the Below?
7. What is done for Door when she is injured after she gives her request before fainting?
8. What does Mr. Stockton unveil, and why is this so significant?
9. What does Door ask for before she faints?
10. Why does Door decide to go back and help Richard after leaving him in the marketplace?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dreams were a very important part of this story line. What were some of the most important dreams, what were their meanings, and how did they serve to guide the course of this plot?
Essay Topic 2
What were the challenges given by the Black Friars, and how did they change the characters who they were given to?
Essay Topic 3
What was Richard's main goal during his journey through this book, and how did this motivate him during some of his trials?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)