|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard buy at the market with his ballpoint pen?
2. Who kicks marquis out of the Court?
3. Why does the girl who takes Richard to the market say he can never return to the other world?
4. How does Richard describe Door's speech to the Court?
5. What is Croup told to do when he next sees Door?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hunter reveal about Islington's citadel?
2. What does Croup do with the collectible that marquis gives him?
3. What happens after Islington leaves the citadel?
4. Where does Lamia say Islington lives?
5. What causes The Great Beast of London to appear before Richard?
6. How was Richard protected from the Velvets before he returned home?
7. What does Richard find on his way to dinner, and how does Jessica respond to this?
8. What do Door, Richard and Hunter dream about after the Angelus is found?
9. What is done for Door when she is injured after she gives her request before fainting?
10. How does the Earl tell Door she can get to Islington?
Essay Topic 1
Upper London and London Below have some very important similarities and differences. Please cite evidence from the book as you compare and contrast these two integral settings from the book.
Essay Topic 2
What was Door's main motivation in this book, and how did this affect her relationship with Richard?
Essay Topic 3
There were some very sad and symbolic deaths in this book. What are some of these deaths, what did they symbolize, and how did they shape the course of this plot?
This section contains 1,166 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)