|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the marquis so happy to help Door?
2. What does Richard worry about when he sees Jessica?
3. How did Door's family die?
4. What kind of creature brings a note to Door while she is in Richard's apartment?
5. What does marquis say about Richard's old life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does marquis warn Door of as their train takes off?
2. What does marquis trade for a train schedule, and what is special about it?
3. What do Croup and Vandemar do after scaring Door in the museum?
4. What do Croup and Vandemar do while Richard and Door are with Islington?
5. What happens when Richard and Anesthesia cross the Night's Bridge to get to the market?
6. What do Richard and Door see after using the Angelus?
7. What does the homeless man do when Richard asks him a question?
8. What happens to the people in the room after Door and Richard disappear through the Angelus?
9. What does Richard find on his way to dinner, and how does Jessica respond to this?
10. What happens to Varney after he fails to get the bodyguard job?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is the Great Beast of London killed, and what significance does this event have on the main characters in this book?
Essay Topic 2
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this plot?
Essay Topic 3
How did marquis lose his favor with the court, and how did this event from the past alter the course of the plot?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)