|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mystery does Door want help from the Court to discover?
2. What does Richard's fiancee hope to mold him into?
3. What time of day does Carabas go to see Old Bailey?
4. What weapon does Richard use when he is dreaming about fighting in the sewer?
5. What is the name of the rat who saves Richard from the Rat Speaker?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Richard and Door see after using the Angelus?
2. What does Old Bailey do after purchasing marquis' body?
3. What is the Earl in command of?
4. What does Islington offer to Door to get her to close the door, and does she?
5. What do Croup and Vandemar tell Varney to do?
6. What special power does Varney have?
7. How does the Earl tell Door she can get to Islington?
8. How did Varney lose the bodyguard job?
9. What does marquis warn Door of as their train takes off?
10. What does Richard realize has happened to him shortly after Door leaves?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is the Great Beast of London killed, and what significance does this event have on the main characters in this book?
Essay Topic 2
How did marquis lose his favor with the court, and how did this event from the past alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the main choices Richard has to make in this book, and how do his decisions in these instances affect the other people around him?
This section contains 1,190 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)