|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Door do to distract Jessica?
2. Who helps Richard send a message about Anesthesia's death?
3. Where is the Earl's Court located?
4. What does Richard realize he has become after his experience with Door?
5. What does the marquis give to Old Bailey?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Earl in command of?
2. What happens when Richard sees Jessica for the first time after Door leaves?
3. What do Croup and Vandemar do after scaring Door in the museum?
4. What does Door tell Richard she is looking for after going back to the marketplace for him?
5. How did Varney lose the bodyguard job?
6. How does the woman in leather explain what happened on the Night's Bridge?
7. What happens to Varney after he fails to get the bodyguard job?
8. What happens to the people in the room after Door and Richard disappear through the Angelus?
9. How does the Earl tell Door she can get to Islington?
10. What does Croup do to scare Door in the museum?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There were some incredible moments of betrayal in this book. What are some of these instances, what was the motive for them, and how were the characters in those scenes affected by this betrayal?
Essay Topic 2
What was Richard's main goal during his journey through this book, and how did this motivate him during some of his trials?
Essay Topic 3
How did marquis lose his favor with the court, and how did this event from the past alter the course of the plot?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)