|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Door disappear with Richard when she finds the Angelus?
2. How does marquis feel after seeing Varney at the marketplace?
3. What is the name of Door's father?
4. What was the name of the city that the marquis retreated from?
5. Who unveils the Angelus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the woman outside the pub say to Richard at the beginning of the book?
2. What special power does Varney have?
3. What do Croup and Vandemar tell Varney to do?
4. How does the marquis help the man he gave a song to?
5. What does the homeless man do when Richard asks him a question?
6. How did Varney lose the bodyguard job?
7. What does Richard realize has happened to him shortly after Door leaves?
8. What does Door tell Richard she is looking for after going back to the marketplace for him?
9. Why does Door decide to go back and help Richard after leaving him in the marketplace?
10. What does Richard find on his way to dinner, and how does Jessica respond to this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Richard changed after his first experience with Door, and how do these changes alter the course of his life?
Essay Topic 2
What was Door's main motivation in this book, and how did this affect her relationship with Richard?
Essay Topic 3
Memory is a huge theme in this book as those who cross to the world below are forgotten by the world above. Which characters are most affected by this theme, and how does it change their behavior and actions within in the plot?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)