|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard say about marquis before going Above with Door?
2. What was the name of the city that the marquis retreated from?
3. What is the third traveler on the bridge dressed in?
4. What is depicted in the statue stolen from Door's father?
5. Who opens the portal to London Above?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Door tell Richard she is looking for after going back to the marketplace for him?
2. What does the woman outside the pub say to Richard at the beginning of the book?
3. What happened to the man that marquis gave a song to?
4. What do Croup and Vandemar tell Varney to do?
5. What happens to Varney after he fails to get the bodyguard job?
6. How does the Earl tell Door she can get to Islington?
7. What happens when Richard sees Jessica for the first time after Door leaves?
8. What new orders is Croup given after he kills Varney?
9. What does Richard ask of a homeless man shortly after his phone call from Croup?
10. What is done for Door when she is injured after she gives her request before fainting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who was Islington, and what significance did his character have on the progression of this plot? How did his place in the plot affect the other characters?
Essay Topic 2
How did marquis lose his favor with the court, and how did this event from the past alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this plot?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)