|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hunter get upset when Door tries to go above?
2. What warning does marquis give to the person who gives him the train schedule?
3. What weapon does Richard use when he is dreaming about fighting in the sewer?
4. Who did Door's father tell Door to trust in his last journal entry?
5. How does marquis feel after seeing Varney at the marketplace?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is done for Door when she is injured after she gives her request before fainting?
2. What does Croup do to scare Door in the museum?
3. What happens when Richard sees Jessica for the first time after Door leaves?
4. What worries Hunter so much when Door starts to go Above?
5. What happened to the man that marquis gave a song to?
6. How does the woman in leather explain what happened on the Night's Bridge?
7. What does the woman outside the pub say to Richard at the beginning of the book?
8. What does marquis trade for a train schedule, and what is special about it?
9. What is the Earl in command of?
10. What does Door tell Richard she is looking for after going back to the marketplace for him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did marquis lose his favor with the court, and how did this event from the past alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
This plot takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Gaiman have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
There were some very sad and symbolic deaths in this book. What are some of these deaths, what did they symbolize, and how did they shape the course of this plot?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)