|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Richard's first journey with marquis end?
2. What does the marquis give to Old Bailey?
3. Who protects Richard from what lives by the trains in the Below?
4. What does Carabas offer Old Bailey in exchange for information about a statue?
5. How does Croup's boss contact him after he talks about wanting to kill him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Door decide to go back and help Richard after leaving him in the marketplace?
2. How did Varney lose the bodyguard job?
3. What happened to the man that marquis gave a song to?
4. What do Richard and Door see after using the Angelus?
5. What disapoints Richard when he first sees the train in the Below?
6. What is done for Door when she is injured after she gives her request before fainting?
7. What does the homeless man do when Richard asks him a question?
8. How do Richard and Door get food after running from Croup?
9. What new orders is Croup given after he kills Varney?
10. What does Mr. Stockton unveil, and why is this so significant?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There were some very sad and symbolic deaths in this book. What are some of these deaths, what did they symbolize, and how did they shape the course of this plot?
Essay Topic 2
This plot takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Gaiman have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
What was Richard's main goal during his journey through this book, and how did this motivate him during some of his trials?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)