|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Door plan to hire a bodyguard?
2. What kind of blade does the Rat Speaker wield?
3. How does Croup's boss contact him after he talks about wanting to kill him?
4. What does Jessica keep thinking about the night of her father's unveiling?
5. What does Varney do when the woman in leather beats him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Richard realize has happened to him shortly after Door leaves?
2. What do Croup and Vandemar do while Richard and Door are with Islington?
3. What do Croup and Vandemar tell Varney to do?
4. What does Door ask for before she faints?
5. What do Richard and Door see after using the Angelus?
6. What happens to Varney after he fails to get the bodyguard job?
7. What does marquis warn Door of as their train takes off?
8. How did Varney lose the bodyguard job?
9. What disapoints Richard when he first sees the train in the Below?
10. What worries Hunter so much when Door starts to go Above?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Upper London and London Below have some very important similarities and differences. Please cite evidence from the book as you compare and contrast these two integral settings from the book.
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the supernatural powers that are included in this book, and how does their inclusion shape this plot?
Essay Topic 3
What was Richard's main goal during his journey through this book, and how did this motivate him during some of his trials?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)