|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard's fiancee hope to mold him into?
2. What is the name of the bridge Richard must cross to get to the market?
3. Who does Richard tell about Anesthesia's death?
4. Who kills Varney?
5. How does Door kill Mr. Ross?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Croup and Vandemar do while Richard and Door are with Islington?
2. What happens to Varney after he fails to get the bodyguard job?
3. What do Croup and Vandemar do after scaring Door in the museum?
4. What does Mr. Stockton unveil, and why is this so significant?
5. Where does Lamia say Islington lives?
6. How was Richard protected from the Velvets before he returned home?
7. What worries Hunter so much when Door starts to go Above?
8. What is done for Door when she is injured after she gives her request before fainting?
9. What does Door tell Richard she is looking for after going back to the marketplace for him?
10. Why does marquis say he was willing to die?
Essay Topic 1
How is the Great Beast of London killed, and what significance does this event have on the main characters in this book?
Essay Topic 2
Who was Islington, and what significance did his character have on the progression of this plot? How did his place in the plot affect the other characters?
Essay Topic 3
Upper London and London Below have some very important similarities and differences. Please cite evidence from the book as you compare and contrast these two integral settings from the book.
This section contains 1,117 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)