|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the city that the marquis retreated from?
2. Where is Richard's new job located?
3. What does Carabas offer Old Bailey in exchange for information about a statue?
4. What kind of blade does the Rat Speaker wield?
5. Why does the girl who takes Richard to the market say he can never return to the other world?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Croup do to scare Door in the museum?
2. What does the woman outside the pub say to Richard at the beginning of the book?
3. How does the marquis help the man he gave a song to?
4. What does marquis trade for a train schedule, and what is special about it?
5. What do Croup and Vandemar tell Varney to do?
6. What does Door ask for before she faints?
7. How does the Earl tell Door she can get to Islington?
8. What special power does Varney have?
9. What happens to the people in the room after Door and Richard disappear through the Angelus?
10. What happens when Richard and Anesthesia cross the Night's Bridge to get to the market?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this plot?
Essay Topic 2
Who was Islington, and what significance did his character have on the progression of this plot? How did his place in the plot affect the other characters?
Essay Topic 3
How is the Great Beast of London killed, and what significance does this event have on the main characters in this book?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)