|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Croup told to do when he next sees Door?
2. What does the marquis trade for a train schedule?
3. What is the name of the woman in leather?
4. Where does Richard's first journey with marquis end?
5. What is the marquis' name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Croup do to scare Door in the museum?
2. What does Door tell Richard she is looking for after going back to the marketplace for him?
3. How did Varney lose the bodyguard job?
4. How does the marquis help the man he gave a song to?
5. What is done for Door when she is injured after she gives her request before fainting?
6. What happens to Varney after he fails to get the bodyguard job?
7. What does the woman outside the pub say to Richard at the beginning of the book?
8. What happens when Richard and Anesthesia cross the Night's Bridge to get to the market?
9. What do Croup and Vandemar do while Richard and Door are with Islington?
10. What new orders is Croup given after he kills Varney?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did marquis lose his favor with the court, and how did this event from the past alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 3
Upper London and London Below have some very important similarities and differences. Please cite evidence from the book as you compare and contrast these two integral settings from the book.
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)