|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the marquis trade for a train schedule?
2. How much time passes between when we see Richard outside the pub to when we see him engaged?
3. What does Jessica say when Richard talks to her?
4. What does Richard's fiancee hope to mold him into?
5. How does the woman outside the pub say she knows what will happen to Richard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Croup do to scare Door in the museum?
2. What happens to Varney after he fails to get the bodyguard job?
3. What is done for Door when she is injured after she gives her request before fainting?
4. What happens at the end of the book?
5. What disapoints Richard when he first sees the train in the Below?
6. What special power does Varney have?
7. What does Richard do when Croup demands the key?
8. How does the woman in leather explain what happened on the Night's Bridge?
9. What does Richard find when he returns to the real world?
10. What happens to marquis while Door is facing the Black Friars?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Richard changed after his first experience with Door, and how do these changes alter the course of his life?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the main choices Richard has to make in this book, and how do his decisions in these instances affect the other people around him?
Essay Topic 3
Moderation is a huge theme in this book commonly taught by marquis. What are some of these instances, and how do these moments affect the other characters in those scenes?
This section contains 1,204 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)