|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does marquis say about Richard's old life?
2. Who opens the portal to London Above?
3. Why is the marquis so happy to help Door?
4. What kind of blade does the Rat Speaker wield?
5. How does Door disappear with Richard when she finds the Angelus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the homeless man do when Richard asks him a question?
2. What does the woman outside the pub say to Richard at the beginning of the book?
3. What happens when Richard sees Jessica for the first time after Door leaves?
4. What disapoints Richard when he first sees the train in the Below?
5. What new orders is Croup given after he kills Varney?
6. What happens to the people in the room after Door and Richard disappear through the Angelus?
7. What worries Hunter so much when Door starts to go Above?
8. What happened to the man that marquis gave a song to?
9. What does Door tell Richard she is looking for after going back to the marketplace for him?
10. What do Croup and Vandemar tell Varney to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were the challenges given by the Black Friars, and how did they change the characters who they were given to?
Essay Topic 2
This plot takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Gaiman have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
What was Door's main motivation in this book, and how did this affect her relationship with Richard?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)