|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the woman in leather?
2. What weapon does Richard use when he is dreaming about fighting in the sewer?
3. What is the name of Jessica's father's exhibit?
4. Who opens the portal to London Above?
5. What does Richard worry about when he sees Jessica?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the marquis help the man he gave a song to?
2. What do Croup and Vandemar tell Varney to do?
3. What do Croup and Vandemar do while Richard and Door are with Islington?
4. How did Varney lose the bodyguard job?
5. What does Door tell Richard she is looking for after going back to the marketplace for him?
6. What does Mr. Stockton unveil, and why is this so significant?
7. Why does Door decide to go back and help Richard after leaving him in the marketplace?
8. What special power does Varney have?
9. What does Croup do to scare Door in the museum?
10. What new orders is Croup given after he kills Varney?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this plot?
Essay Topic 2
What was Door's main motivation in this book, and how did this affect her relationship with Richard?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the main choices Richard has to make in this book, and how do his decisions in these instances affect the other people around him?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)