|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is said to guard Islington's citadel?
(a) Croup and Vandemar.
(b) The Great Beast of London.
(c) The Rat Army.
(d) The Fears of the World.
2. Why does Islington say Atlantis was destroyed?
(a) They did it to themselves.
(b) They would not obey him.
(c) Their time had come.
(d) They deserved it.
3. What do Richard and Door almost do when they return to the museum?
4. What does Richard become after the Great Beast is killed?
(a) The Assistant Beast Slayer.
(b) The New Beast.
(c) The King Reborn.
(d) The Warrior of London.
5. What does Richard offer Croup when he asks for the key?
(a) The false key that Door gave him.
(b) A credit card.
(c) A picture of a key.
(d) The key to his flat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What beverage does Islington share with Richard and Door?
2. What is the first injury that Vandemar gives Richard?
3. Who is the first person to kick Richard at the ambush?
4. Who is the only person Richard tells about his experience below?
5. Where does the Great Beast wound Hunter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the end of the book?
2. What does Hunter reveal about Islington's citadel?
3. What does Hunter tell Richard to do after the Great Beast is killed, and why?
4. Why does marquis say he was willing to die?
5. How was Richard protected from the Velvets before he returned home?
6. Why was Door's family killed?
7. What happens after Islington leaves the citadel?
8. What does Richard do when Croup demands the key?
9. How does Door repay Hammersmith for his services?
10. What happens to Richard as he crosses the dark span with the group?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)