|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the woman outside the pub tell Richard to beware of?
2. Where is Richard's new job located?
3. What is the name of Jessica's father's exhibit?
(a) Angels Over England.
(b) London Through the Ages.
(c) There Are Angels Among Us.
(d) The World Below England.
4. Where does Door plan to hire a bodyguard?
(a) London Below.
(b) The floating market.
(c) The marquis' court.
(d) Old Bailey's shop.
5. Why is the marquis so happy to help Door?
(a) He wants news of her sister, who he loves.
(b) He wants to woo her.
(c) He knows she will owe him a favor.
(d) He has been wondering where she went to.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Croup told to do when he next sees Door?
2. How much time passes between when we see Richard outside the pub to when we see him engaged?
3. What does Door say about Richard's new life?
4. Who kills Varney?
5. What does the Court do when Hunter is introduced at Court?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the woman in leather explain what happened on the Night's Bridge?
2. What is done for Door when she is injured after she gives her request before fainting?
3. What do Croup and Vandemar do while Richard and Door are with Islington?
4. How does the marquis help the man he gave a song to?
5. How does the Earl tell Door she can get to Islington?
6. What happens to Varney after he fails to get the bodyguard job?
7. What does Richard realize has happened to him shortly after Door leaves?
8. What disapoints Richard when he first sees the train in the Below?
9. What do Croup and Vandemar tell Varney to do?
10. What does marquis warn Door of as their train takes off?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)