|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Richard describe Door's speech to the Court?
2. What does Richard say about marquis before going Above with Door?
(a) He is needed.
(b) He is greatly missed.
(c) He is a good man.
(d) He is suspicious.
3. How many men does marquis lose when fighting with the Earl?
4. What special knack does the woman in leather have?
(c) Extraordinary hearing.
(d) Preternatural skills.
5. Where does Door plan to hire a bodyguard?
(a) Old Bailey's shop.
(b) London Below.
(c) The floating market.
(d) The marquis' court.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do all the people at the unveiling do after Door disappears?
2. Where is Croup when he talks about killing his boss?
3. What is Croup's occupation?
4. Where does Richard's first journey with marquis end?
5. What common warning does Richard NOT heed while he boards the train in the Below?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the homeless man do when Richard asks him a question?
2. What disapoints Richard when he first sees the train in the Below?
3. What does the woman outside the pub say to Richard at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Door tell Richard she is looking for after going back to the marketplace for him?
5. How does the marquis help the man he gave a song to?
6. What worries Hunter so much when Door starts to go Above?
7. What do Richard and Door see after using the Angelus?
8. What do Croup and Vandemar do after scaring Door in the museum?
9. What do Croup and Vandemar do while Richard and Door are with Islington?
10. What does marquis warn Door of as their train takes off?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)