|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the feast at the Court made of?
(a) Vegetables and roots.
(c) Vending machine food.
2. What is the third traveler on the bridge dressed in?
3. What special knack does the woman in leather have?
(c) Preternatural skills.
(d) Extraordinary hearing.
4. What does Richard give to the old woman outside the pub?
(a) A bottle of wine.
(b) Some money.
(c) An umbrella.
(d) His hat.
5. What does Door do to distract Jessica?
(a) Gets on stage and screams.
(b) Knocks over a vase.
(c) Pushes Jessica over.
(d) Pulls the fire alarm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Door plan to hire a bodyguard?
2. What kind of creature is Richard fighting in his dream about the sewer?
3. Who did Door's father tell Door to trust in his last journal entry?
4. What is the Angelus?
5. How does the woman outside the pub say she knows what will happen to Richard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does marquis warn Door of as their train takes off?
2. Why does Door decide to go back and help Richard after leaving him in the marketplace?
3. What worries Hunter so much when Door starts to go Above?
4. What happened to the man that marquis gave a song to?
5. What does Richard realize has happened to him shortly after Door leaves?
6. How does the Earl tell Door she can get to Islington?
7. How did Varney lose the bodyguard job?
8. What does Door tell Richard she is looking for after going back to the marketplace for him?
9. What does Mr. Stockton unveil, and why is this so significant?
10. What new orders is Croup given after he kills Varney?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)