|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Door's family die?
(a) They were twinkled.
(b) They were murdered.
(c) They acclimated to Upper London.
(d) They died of diphtheria.
2. What does Jessica say when Richard talks to her?
(a) She knew someone related to him.
(b) She has been missing him.
(c) She thinks she dreamed about him once.
(d) She recognizes him, but can't remember from where.
3. What is Varney's occupation?
4. What warning does marquis give to the person who gives him the train schedule?
(a) To vacate the premesis.
(b) To use his gift in moderation.
(c) To not forget his past lessons.
(d) To forget he saw Door.
5. What special knack does the woman in leather have?
(b) Extraordinary hearing.
(c) Preternatural skills.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Door feel after seeing Varney at the marketplace?
2. Who protects Richard from what lives by the trains in the Below?
3. What does Door do to distract Jessica?
4. Why does Door say she refuses to answer Richard's questions?
5. What was the name of the city that the marquis retreated from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the woman outside the pub say to Richard at the beginning of the book?
2. What is done for Door when she is injured after she gives her request before fainting?
3. What does Mr. Stockton unveil, and why is this so significant?
4. What special power does Varney have?
5. What new orders is Croup given after he kills Varney?
6. Why does Door decide to go back and help Richard after leaving him in the marketplace?
7. What does Door tell Richard she is looking for after going back to the marketplace for him?
8. What is the Earl in command of?
9. What do Richard and Door see after using the Angelus?
10. What disapoints Richard when he first sees the train in the Below?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)