|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard get in exchange for his handkerchief?
(b) A map.
(c) Some new gloves.
(d) A cookie.
2. How long has the British Museum station been closed?
(a) 50 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 75 years.
(d) 100 years.
3. What does Varney do when the woman in leather beats him?
(a) Cries and pouts.
(b) Runs away shouting threats.
(c) Goes on to the next auditions.
(d) Offers a large sum of money for her to leave.
4. What weapon does Richard use when he is dreaming about fighting in the sewer?
(a) A sword.
(b) A bow and arrow.
(c) A spear.
(d) A gun.
5. What special knack does the woman in leather have?
(b) Preternatural skills.
(d) Extraordinary hearing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Croup say he is looking for when he comes to Richard's apartment?
2. What lives by the trains in the Below?
3. What is Varney's occupation?
4. What does Jessica keep thinking about the night of her father's unveiling?
5. What is Door doing when Richard finds her in the marketplace?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Richard and Anesthesia cross the Night's Bridge to get to the market?
2. What does Richard realize has happened to him shortly after Door leaves?
3. How does the marquis help the man he gave a song to?
4. What disapoints Richard when he first sees the train in the Below?
5. What do Croup and Vandemar do while Richard and Door are with Islington?
6. How does the Earl tell Door she can get to Islington?
7. What does Richard find on his way to dinner, and how does Jessica respond to this?
8. What happens to the people in the room after Door and Richard disappear through the Angelus?
9. What do Croup and Vandemar tell Varney to do?
10. What special power does Varney have?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)