|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of creature is Richard fighting in his dream about the sewer?
(a) Giant rat.
(d) Rabid dog.
2. What does the marquis trade for a train schedule?
(a) A magic song.
(b) A blessing.
(c) A prayer to chant.
(d) A map.
3. What kind of creature brings a note to Door while she is in Richard's apartment?
(a) A rat.
(b) A hedgehog.
(c) A cat.
(d) A dog.
4. How does Richard try to make sense of all that he sees on his first day Below?
(a) Pretends it is all a dream.
(b) Tries to find familiar sights.
(c) Writes down his thoughts.
(d) Writes a mental journal entry.
5. How did Door's family die?
(a) They were murdered.
(b) They acclimated to Upper London.
(c) They died of diphtheria.
(d) They were twinkled.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jessica keep thinking about the night of her father's unveiling?
2. Why is the marquis so happy to help Door?
3. What does Vandemar tell Croup to wait for before killing their boss?
4. Who kicks marquis out of the Court?
5. Where does Door plan to hire a bodyguard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Richard ask of a homeless man shortly after his phone call from Croup?
2. What do Richard and Door see after using the Angelus?
3. What worries Hunter so much when Door starts to go Above?
4. What does marquis trade for a train schedule, and what is special about it?
5. How did Varney lose the bodyguard job?
6. What is done for Door when she is injured after she gives her request before fainting?
7. What special power does Varney have?
8. What does Door tell Richard she is looking for after going back to the marketplace for him?
9. Why does Door decide to go back and help Richard after leaving him in the marketplace?
10. What does Croup do to scare Door in the museum?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)