|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the woman outside the pub say she knows what will happen to Richard?
(a) She can see his future in his eyes.
(b) She studies his head.
(c) She has seen him in a dream.
(d) She reads his palm.
2. What kind of creature does Door summon and speak to while in Richard's apartment?
(a) A sparrow.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A pigeon.
(d) A mouse.
3. What is Richard's last name?
4. How did Door's family die?
(a) They acclimated to Upper London.
(b) They died of diphtheria.
(c) They were twinkled.
(d) They were murdered.
5. What time of day does Carabas go to see Old Bailey?
(d) Early morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of creature brings a note to Door while she is in Richard's apartment?
2. How does Door feel when she sees Richard in the marketplace?
3. What kind of creature does Richard refuse to believe in on his first day below?
4. What does Richard realize he has become after his experience with Door?
5. What does Carabas offer Old Bailey in exchange for information about a statue?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Croup and Vandemar do after scaring Door in the museum?
2. What does marquis warn Door of as their train takes off?
3. How do Richard and Door get food after running from Croup?
4. What happens to Varney after he fails to get the bodyguard job?
5. What does Croup do to scare Door in the museum?
6. What happens when Richard sees Jessica for the first time after Door leaves?
7. What does the homeless man do when Richard asks him a question?
8. What do Croup and Vandemar tell Varney to do?
9. What does the woman outside the pub say to Richard at the beginning of the book?
10. What does Mr. Stockton unveil, and why is this so significant?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)