|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do all the people at the unveiling do after Door disappears?
(a) Run out of the building.
(b) Call for security.
(c) Forget the entire last hour of their lives.
(d) Go about their business.
2. What does Varney do when the woman in leather beats him?
(a) Runs away shouting threats.
(b) Cries and pouts.
(c) Goes on to the next auditions.
(d) Offers a large sum of money for her to leave.
3. What was the name of the city that the marquis retreated from?
(a) The Green City.
(b) The White City.
(c) The Red City.
(d) The Black City.
4. What kind of creature does Richard refuse to believe in on his first day below?
(d) Rat Speakers.
5. How does Richard try to make sense of all that he sees on his first day Below?
(a) Writes a mental journal entry.
(b) Pretends it is all a dream.
(c) Tries to find familiar sights.
(d) Writes down his thoughts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Croup say he is looking for when he comes to Richard's apartment?
2. Who protects Richard from what lives by the trains in the Below?
3. How many men does marquis lose when fighting with the Earl?
4. Who helps Richard send a message about Anesthesia's death?
5. How is Croup told to bring Door in when he captures her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Earl tell Door she can get to Islington?
2. What does Islington offer to Door to get her to close the door, and does she?
3. Why does Door decide to go back and help Richard after leaving him in the marketplace?
4. How does Richard return from his challenge from the Black Friars, and why is this so surprising?
5. What happens when Richard sees Jessica for the first time after Door leaves?
6. How was Richard protected from the Velvets before he returned home?
7. What does Old Bailey notice about the silver box, and what does this mean?
8. What does Mr. Stockton unveil, and why is this so significant?
9. How does the marquis help the man he gave a song to?
10. What does Door ask for before she faints?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)