|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the marquis' name?
2. Where is Richard's new job located?
3. What does Richard realize he has become after his experience with Door?
(a) A curious sort.
(b) A disgruntled and bitter man.
(c) A non-person.
(d) A follower.
4. What does Jessica keep thinking about the night of her father's unveiling?
(a) A dream from the night before.
(b) The face of Door.
(c) Some distant memories.
(d) Her missing boyfriend.
5. What kind of creature does Door summon and speak to while in Richard's apartment?
(a) A sparrow.
(b) A pigeon.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A mouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time passes between when we see Richard outside the pub to when we see him engaged?
2. Why is the marquis so happy to help Door?
3. What does marquis say about Richard's old life?
4. What mystery does Door want help from the Court to discover?
5. Why does the girl who takes Richard to the market say he can never return to the other world?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Richard realize has happened to him shortly after Door leaves?
2. What disapoints Richard when he first sees the train in the Below?
3. What happens to Varney after he fails to get the bodyguard job?
4. How does the woman in leather explain what happened on the Night's Bridge?
5. What special power does Varney have?
6. What do Croup and Vandemar tell Varney to do?
7. What does Croup do to scare Door in the museum?
8. What happened to the man that marquis gave a song to?
9. What is the Earl in command of?
10. What does marquis warn Door of as their train takes off?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)