|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Croup told to bring Door in when he captures her?
2. What is Varney's occupation?
3. What does Door call the place she is in when she wakes up in Richard's apartment?
(a) London Above.
(b) The Other side.
(c) The Neverwhere.
(d) Glasglow Below.
4. What kind of blade does the Rat Speaker wield?
5. What is the marquis' name?
6. What is Croup's occupation?
7. Who kicks marquis out of the Court?
(a) The Duchess.
(b) The Earl.
8. What does Jessica keep thinking about the night of her father's unveiling?
(a) The face of Door.
(b) Some distant memories.
(c) A dream from the night before.
(d) Her missing boyfriend.
9. Who helps Richard send a message about Anesthesia's death?
(b) The Earl.
10. Who protects Richard from what lives by the trains in the Below?
11. What does Richard give to the old woman outside the pub?
(a) A bottle of wine.
(b) Some money.
(c) An umbrella.
(d) His hat.
12. What is the name of the woman Richard is engaged to?
13. What does Richard realize he has become after his experience with Door?
(a) A follower.
(b) A disgruntled and bitter man.
(c) A curious sort.
(d) A non-person.
14. How does Door kill Mr. Ross?
(a) She stabs him in the chest.
(b) She opens his midsection.
(c) She shoots him.
(d) She pushes him out a window.
15. How does Richard try to make sense of all that he sees on his first day Below?
(a) Writes a mental journal entry.
(b) Tries to find familiar sights.
(c) Writes down his thoughts.
(d) Pretends it is all a dream.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the woman outside the pub say she knows what will happen to Richard?
2. What time of day does Carabas go to see Old Bailey?
3. What does Richard buy at the market with his ballpoint pen?
4. How does marquis feel after seeing Varney at the marketplace?
5. What is the name of the girl who takes Richard to the market?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)