|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the city that the marquis retreated from?
(a) The Red City.
(b) The White City.
(c) The Black City.
(d) The Green City.
2. What is Croup told to do when he next sees Door?
(a) Kill her.
(b) Protect her.
(c) Scare her.
(d) Capture her.
3. What is the name of Jessica's assistant?
4. Who protects Richard from what lives by the trains in the Below?
5. What is the name of the bridge Richard must cross to get to the market?
(a) Night's Bridge.
(b) Day's Bridge.
(c) The Bridge of the Forgotten.
(d) The Unknown Bridge.
6. What kind of blade does the Rat Speaker wield?
7. What does the woman outside the pub tell Richard to beware of?
8. How much time passes between when we see Richard outside the pub to when we see him engaged?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 4 years.
9. Who kills Varney?
10. What does Varney do when the woman in leather beats him?
(a) Goes on to the next auditions.
(b) Offers a large sum of money for her to leave.
(c) Runs away shouting threats.
(d) Cries and pouts.
11. What is the feast at the Court made of?
(a) Vending machine food.
(b) Vegetables and roots.
12. Where does Door plan to hire a bodyguard?
(a) The marquis' court.
(b) Old Bailey's shop.
(c) London Below.
(d) The floating market.
13. How does Door feel when she sees Richard in the marketplace?
14. Why does the girl who takes Richard to the market say he can never return to the other world?
(a) The other world no longer exists to him.
(b) You are locked into contract when you go below.
(c) You can only live in one world.
(d) He has no choice; nobody does.
15. What is depicted in the statue stolen from Door's father?
(a) The Great One.
(b) The Great Creature.
(c) The Great Traveller.
(d) The Great Beast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard worry about when he sees Jessica?
2. Where is the Earl's Court located?
3. How does Richard try to make sense of all that he sees on his first day Below?
4. What does Richard give to the old woman outside the pub?
5. What weapon does Richard use when he is dreaming about fighting in the sewer?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)