|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Croup say he is looking for when he comes to Richard's apartment?
(a) A missing sister.
(b) A wounded victim.
(c) A fugitive.
(d) A runaway patient.
2. What does Richard give to the old woman outside the pub?
(a) His hat.
(b) Some money.
(c) An umbrella.
(d) A bottle of wine.
3. Where does Door plan to hire a bodyguard?
(a) The marquis' court.
(b) London Below.
(c) Old Bailey's shop.
(d) The floating market.
4. How does the woman outside the pub say she knows what will happen to Richard?
(a) She studies his head.
(b) She reads his palm.
(c) She has seen him in a dream.
(d) She can see his future in his eyes.
5. What is the name of the bridge Richard must cross to get to the market?
(a) The Bridge of the Forgotten.
(b) Night's Bridge.
(c) The Unknown Bridge.
(d) Day's Bridge.
6. Where does Richard's first journey with marquis end?
(a) Old Bailey's shop.
(b) Richard's broom closet.
(c) The sewer.
(d) The floating market.
7. What is the feast at the Court made of?
(a) Vending machine food.
(d) Vegetables and roots.
8. What does Door say about Richard's new life?
(a) It will be better.
(b) It will be hard.
(c) It will seem like a dream.
(d) It will be short.
9. What is Door doing when Richard finds her in the marketplace?
(a) Holding bodyguard auditions.
(c) Writing about what she saw in Upper London.
(d) Watching her father's video journal.
10. What is the marquis' name?
11. What does Carabas offer Old Bailey in exchange for information about a statue?
(a) New clothes.
(b) Some songs.
(c) A new book.
(d) A picture of Door.
12. How does Door describe her first sight of Jessica?
13. What does Richard say about marquis before going Above with Door?
(a) He is greatly missed.
(b) He is a good man.
(c) He is suspicious.
(d) He is needed.
14. What lives by the trains in the Below?
(a) A city of dwarves.
(b) A creature with tentacles.
(c) Large bees.
15. Where does marquis plan to meet up with Door after she is done at the Court?
(a) The train station.
(b) The marketplace.
(c) The library.
(d) Her old house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Richard send a message about Anesthesia's death?
2. Who does Richard tell about Anesthesia's death?
3. What is Croup's occupation?
4. What kind of creature does Richard refuse to believe in on his first day below?
5. What kind of creature is Richard fighting in his dream about the sewer?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)