|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard give to the old woman outside the pub?
(a) Some money.
(b) His hat.
(c) A bottle of wine.
(d) An umbrella.
2. What is the name of Door's father?
3. What mystery does Door want help from the Court to discover?
(a) The motive of the Rat Speaker.
(b) The whereabouts of her father.
(c) The path to get Richard reinstated in his old life.
(d) The muder of her family.
4. What is the name of the woman in leather?
5. What special knack does the woman in leather have?
(b) Preternatural skills.
(d) Extraordinary hearing.
6. What is Croup's occupation?
7. How does Door feel after seeing Varney at the marketplace?
8. Where does marquis plan to meet up with Door after she is done at the Court?
(a) The library.
(b) Her old house.
(c) The train station.
(d) The marketplace.
9. Who are Richard and his fiancee having dinner with when someone collapses on the sidewalk by them?
(a) Lord Stockholm.
(b) Mr. Stockton.
(c) Lady Mayhew.
(d) Mrs. Mayhem.
10. Where does Door plan to hire a bodyguard?
(a) The floating market.
(b) London Below.
(c) Old Bailey's shop.
(d) The marquis' court.
11. What does Varney do when the woman in leather beats him?
(a) Cries and pouts.
(b) Runs away shouting threats.
(c) Offers a large sum of money for her to leave.
(d) Goes on to the next auditions.
12. Why is the marquis so happy to help Door?
(a) He wants news of her sister, who he loves.
(b) He wants to woo her.
(c) He knows she will owe him a favor.
(d) He has been wondering where she went to.
13. What is Croup told to do when he next sees Door?
(a) Protect her.
(b) Kill her.
(c) Scare her.
(d) Capture her.
14. What does Richard say about marquis before going Above with Door?
(a) He is needed.
(b) He is a good man.
(c) He is suspicious.
(d) He is greatly missed.
15. How does Door disappear with Richard when she finds the Angelus?
(a) She breaks the window.
(b) She reads the engraved chant.
(c) She opens the door.
(d) She touches it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jessica say when Richard talks to her?
2. What time of day does Carabas go to see Old Bailey?
3. Who unveils the Angelus?
4. What does Door say about Richard's new life?
5. What does Carabas offer Old Bailey in exchange for information about a statue?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)