|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is depicted in the statue stolen from Door's father?
(a) The Great Traveller.
(b) The Great Beast.
(c) The Great One.
(d) The Great Creature.
2. What stresses Jessica on the night of her father's unveiling?
(a) She has a bad feeling about the night.
(b) She is missing Richard.
(c) There is no security at the building.
(d) Her father is late.
3. What is the name of Jessica's assistant?
4. What mystery does Door want help from the Court to discover?
(a) The muder of her family.
(b) The whereabouts of her father.
(c) The motive of the Rat Speaker.
(d) The path to get Richard reinstated in his old life.
5. What is Varney's occupation?
6. Who runs with Door after Croup scares her?
(c) The Earl.
7. What special knack does the woman in leather have?
(a) Extraordinary hearing.
(b) Preternatural skills.
8. Who did Door's father tell Door to trust in his last journal entry?
(b) Croup and Vandermere.
(d) The Rat Speaker.
9. What is the name of Door's father?
10. What is the marquis' name?
11. Who opens the portal to London Above?
(b) The Earl.
12. What does Croup do to frighten Door?
(a) Shows her a picture of her dead mother.
(b) Reminds her of her weaknesses.
(c) Speaks of her father.
(d) Tells her what she has been doing.
13. What has Croup been responsible for throughout history?
(a) Stealing ideas.
(b) Changing the pace of time.
(c) Raising his boss to higher planes.
(d) High profile murders.
14. What does marquis say about Richard's old life?
(a) It was not worth losing.
(b) It was not worth having.
(c) It never began.
(d) It is over.
15. Who does Croup force Varney to work for?
(a) The Rat Speaker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does marquis plan to meet up with Door after she is done at the Court?
2. What does the marquis trade for a train schedule?
3. What does Door call the place she is in when she wakes up in Richard's apartment?
4. What is the name of the girl who takes Richard to the market?
5. How much time passes between when we see Richard outside the pub to when we see him engaged?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)