|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard give to the old woman outside the pub?
(a) A bottle of wine.
(b) His hat.
(c) Some money.
(d) An umbrella.
2. What kind of blade does the Rat Speaker wield?
3. Where is Richard's new job located?
4. What does the Court do when Hunter is introduced at Court?
(a) They ask for verification.
(b) They warmly welcome her.
(c) They order her out.
(d) They go silent.
5. What special knack does the woman in leather have?
(a) Extraordinary hearing.
(b) Preternatural skills.
6. What kind of creature does Richard refuse to believe in on his first day below?
(c) Rat Speakers.
7. What does the marquis trade for a train schedule?
(a) A blessing.
(b) A prayer to chant.
(c) A magic song.
(d) A map.
8. What was the name of the city that the marquis retreated from?
(a) The Black City.
(b) The Red City.
(c) The White City.
(d) The Green City.
9. Where is Croup when he talks about killing his boss?
(a) The marketplace.
(b) The train station.
(c) A castle.
(d) A hospital.
10. Who are Richard and his fiancee having dinner with when someone collapses on the sidewalk by them?
(a) Lord Stockholm.
(b) Mrs. Mayhem.
(c) Lady Mayhew.
(d) Mr. Stockton.
11. What is Croup's occupation?
12. What is the name of Jessica's father's exhibit?
(a) Angels Over England.
(b) The World Below England.
(c) There Are Angels Among Us.
(d) London Through the Ages.
13. What is Door doing when Richard finds her in the marketplace?
(a) Holding bodyguard auditions.
(b) Watching her father's video journal.
(d) Writing about what she saw in Upper London.
14. What does Carabas offer Old Bailey in exchange for information about a statue?
(a) Some songs.
(b) New clothes.
(c) A new book.
(d) A picture of Door.
15. Where is the Earl's Court located?
(a) A subway car.
(b) A tree.
(c) A castle ruin.
(d) An abandoned house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Earl missing physically?
2. Where does marquis plan to meet up with Door after she is done at the Court?
3. What warning does marquis give to the person who gives him the train schedule?
4. How does Richard describe Door's speech to the Court?
5. What kind of creature is Richard fighting in his dream about the sewer?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)