|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Richard's first journey with marquis end?
(a) Old Bailey's shop.
(b) The floating market.
(c) Richard's broom closet.
(d) The sewer.
2. Who did Door's father tell Door to trust in his last journal entry?
(b) Croup and Vandermere.
(c) The Rat Speaker.
3. What does Jessica keep thinking about the night of her father's unveiling?
(a) A dream from the night before.
(b) Some distant memories.
(c) Her missing boyfriend.
(d) The face of Door.
4. How does marquis feel after seeing Varney at the marketplace?
5. Why does Door need to go to the British Museum in Above London?
(a) She thinks the Angelus is there.
(b) She is meeting Carabas there.
(c) She needs some fresh air.
(d) She is looking for her father.
6. What is the name of the girl who takes Richard to the market?
7. How does Richard try to make sense of all that he sees on his first day Below?
(a) Pretends it is all a dream.
(b) Tries to find familiar sights.
(c) Writes a mental journal entry.
(d) Writes down his thoughts.
8. Where does Door plan to hire a bodyguard?
(a) The floating market.
(b) London Below.
(c) Old Bailey's shop.
(d) The marquis' court.
9. What is Door doing when Richard finds her in the marketplace?
(a) Writing about what she saw in Upper London.
(b) Watching her father's video journal.
(c) Holding bodyguard auditions.
10. What does Richard worry about when he sees Jessica?
(a) That she will talk to him.
(b) That he will hurt her feelings.
(c) That she will be rude to Door.
(d) That she will recognize him.
11. What is the name of Jessica's father's exhibit?
(a) London Through the Ages.
(b) Angels Over England.
(c) There Are Angels Among Us.
(d) The World Below England.
12. What is the name of the rat who saves Richard from the Rat Speaker?
(a) Mistress Whiskers.
(b) Master Longtail.
(c) Lady Whitetooth.
(d) Lord Furryness.
13. What does Carabas offer Old Bailey in exchange for information about a statue?
(a) New clothes.
(b) A new book.
(c) A picture of Door.
(d) Some songs.
14. What does the marquis give to Old Bailey?
(a) A silver box.
(b) A map that changes.
(c) A bronzed pen.
(d) A gold chain.
15. What time of day does Carabas go to see Old Bailey?
(b) Early morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of blade does the Rat Speaker wield?
2. What does Croup say he is looking for when he comes to Richard's apartment?
3. What do all the people at the unveiling do after Door disappears?
4. Who does Richard tell about Anesthesia's death?
5. How many men does marquis lose when fighting with the Earl?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)