|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Door say about Richard's new life?
(a) It will seem like a dream.
(b) It will be hard.
(c) It will be better.
(d) It will be short.
2. What does marquis say about Richard's old life?
(a) It was not worth losing.
(b) It is over.
(c) It was not worth having.
(d) It never began.
3. Who protects Richard from what lives by the trains in the Below?
4. What kind of creature does Richard refuse to believe in on his first day below?
(a) Rat Speakers.
5. Who helps Richard send a message about Anesthesia's death?
(d) The Earl.
6. How does Door describe her first sight of Jessica?
7. What kind of creature is Richard fighting in his dream about the sewer?
(a) Rabid dog.
(b) Giant rat.
8. What kind of creature does Door summon and speak to while in Richard's apartment?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A pigeon.
(c) A sparrow.
(d) A mouse.
9. What is the name of Croup's partner?
10. Who runs with Door after Croup scares her?
(c) The Earl.
11. What does Richard say about marquis before going Above with Door?
(a) He is a good man.
(b) He is greatly missed.
(c) He is suspicious.
(d) He is needed.
12. What does Croup say he is looking for when he comes to Richard's apartment?
(a) A runaway patient.
(b) A missing sister.
(c) A wounded victim.
(d) A fugitive.
13. What does Varney do when the woman in leather beats him?
(a) Cries and pouts.
(b) Goes on to the next auditions.
(c) Runs away shouting threats.
(d) Offers a large sum of money for her to leave.
14. How does Door kill Mr. Ross?
(a) She opens his midsection.
(b) She stabs him in the chest.
(c) She shoots him.
(d) She pushes him out a window.
15. What is Croup's occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Door doing when Richard finds her in the marketplace?
2. What stresses Jessica on the night of her father's unveiling?
3. Who did Door's father tell Door to trust in his last journal entry?
4. What does Richard's fiancee hope to mold him into?
5. How does Richard try to make sense of all that he sees on his first day Below?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)