|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carabas offer Old Bailey in exchange for information about a statue?
(a) A picture of Door.
(b) Some songs.
(c) New clothes.
(d) A new book.
2. What is the marquis' name?
3. Where does Richard's first journey with marquis end?
(a) Richard's broom closet.
(b) Old Bailey's shop.
(c) The sewer.
(d) The floating market.
4. What does Door call the place she is in when she wakes up in Richard's apartment?
(a) London Above.
(b) The Neverwhere.
(c) The Other side.
(d) Glasglow Below.
5. What mystery does Door want help from the Court to discover?
(a) The whereabouts of her father.
(b) The motive of the Rat Speaker.
(c) The path to get Richard reinstated in his old life.
(d) The muder of her family.
6. How is Croup told to bring Door in when he captures her?
7. What does Door say about Richard's new life?
(a) It will seem like a dream.
(b) It will be short.
(c) It will be hard.
(d) It will be better.
8. What time of day does Carabas go to see Old Bailey?
(c) Early morning.
9. What is the name of Jessica's assistant?
10. Where is Croup when he talks about killing his boss?
(a) The marketplace.
(b) A castle.
(c) The train station.
(d) A hospital.
11. Why does the girl who takes Richard to the market say he can never return to the other world?
(a) The other world no longer exists to him.
(b) You can only live in one world.
(c) You are locked into contract when you go below.
(d) He has no choice; nobody does.
12. How does the woman outside the pub say she knows what will happen to Richard?
(a) She has seen him in a dream.
(b) She reads his palm.
(c) She studies his head.
(d) She can see his future in his eyes.
13. Who protects Richard from what lives by the trains in the Below?
14. How does Door kill Mr. Ross?
(a) She pushes him out a window.
(b) She opens his midsection.
(c) She stabs him in the chest.
(d) She shoots him.
15. How many men does marquis lose when fighting with the Earl?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of creature does Richard refuse to believe in on his first day below?
2. What is the feast at the Court made of?
3. What does the marquis trade for a train schedule?
4. What is the name of the bridge Richard must cross to get to the market?
5. What stresses Jessica on the night of her father's unveiling?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)