* Richard is drunk outside a pub when he sees an old lady. He promises her that he is not a beggar, but is heading for a new job in London.
* The woman reads his palm and tells him to beware of doors. It begins to rain, and Richard gives the woman his umbrella.
* Door is seen in the sewers being chased by two assassins, Croup and Vandemar. She kills the lackey, Mr. Ross, by opening his midsection, then escapes into a portal.
* Richard is engaged now to Jessica. She is telling him how to impress her father when they go to dinner with him.
* On the way to dinner, they see Door injured on the street. Richard stops to help her even though Jessica says not to.
* At Door's request, Richard does not call an ambulance, but instead takes her to his apartment and puts...
This section contains 2,572 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)