|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Bastian call out the Princess' new name immediately?
2. Grograman tells Bastian about The Temple of how many doors?
3. Why does Bastian stall their arrival at the Ivory Tower?
4. Atreyu does what to cheer Bastian up, after Bastian's attempt to help the Acharis fails?
5. Why does Bastain banish Atreyu from his company?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Dame Eyola and how does she help Bastian?
2. What happens to Xayide and Bastian's army when they reach the City of Old Emperors?
3. Describe the relationship between Bastian, Falkor and Atreyu after Xayide joins their ranks.
4. What does Bastian find that the people of Amarganth like to do and what problem do they have with their hobby?
5. What happens when Bastian spends the night in Grograman's castle?
6. Who are the Know-Nothings?
7. Describe Atreyu's meeting with the Empress.
8. Describe the image of Bastian, as the Empress sees him.
9. Why is Bastian the first one that Grograman has ever talked to?
10. How does the tournament in Amarganth end?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Forgiveness and redemption is a big theme in the book. Choose one of the following relationships and explain how redemption and forgiveness play a role in it.
1. Bastian and his father
2. Bastian and Eyola
3. Bastian and Mr. Coreander
4. Bastian and Atreyu
Essay Topic 2
Explain how you feel that Bastian's character changes throughout the book and when he seems to make those changes. Also, using examples from the book, explain whether you feel that those changes are for the better or for the worse and why.
Essay Topic 3
Explain what each of the three Southern Oracle gates represents. What lessons do they teach? How are those lessons applied, later in the book?
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)