|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the Acharis later called?
2. What are the residents of the strange town called?
3. Bastian and Grograman enjoy doing what in the sand?
4. Where does The Old Man live?
5. How is Bastiana nd Atreyu's friendship sealed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Auryn plays a major roll in the book. Explain, using details from the book, how it helps, hurts and otherwise affects both Atreyu and, later, Bastian.
Essay Topic 2
Fantastica and the real world are forever tied together. Use examples from the story to explain how what goes on in one affects what goes on in the other.
Essay Topic 3
Answer any one of the following three questions using examples from the story to support your answer:
1. Is the Neverending Story a metaphor for life? If so, why? If not, why not?
2. What is the difference between a dream, a fantasy and a wish in both the book and real life?
3. How important is self image, both to Bastian and to people in general, and how does it change a person's views and actions?
This section contains 1,095 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)