|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bastian's silence leaves The Princess no choice but to do what?
2. Which of the following is not a name of a knight that Bastian meets after he leaves the temple?
3. What is the name of the people who think communally and help Bastian cross the sea?
4. What are the residents of the strange town called?
5. Where does Dame Eyola live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bastian find that the people of Amarganth like to do and what problem do they have with their hobby?
2. Describe the relationship between Bastian, Falkor and Atreyu after Xayide joins their ranks.
3. What happens when Bastian spends the night in Grograman's castle?
4. What is the Temple of a Thousand Doors and who tells Bastian about it?
5. What happens to Xayide and Bastian's army when they reach the City of Old Emperors?
6. As they travel towards the Ivory Tower without really knowing their destination, what does Atreyu begin to notice about Bastian?
7. What happens when the group finally reaches the Ivory Tower?
8. Why is Bastian the first one that Grograman has ever talked to?
9. Why does Bastian finally speak Moon Child's name?
10. Describe Atreyu's meeting with the Empress.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bastian is asked to describe Fantastica a few times in the book. Now it's your turn. Define Fantastica in your terms. What do you think determines how big or small Fantastica is? Is everyone's version of Fantastica different? In what ways?
Essay Topic 2
Luck plays a large role in the book. Describe how it impacts the story. Also, explain whether or not you feel that luck/fate/chance can impact everyday life and why you feel that way, using examples from your own life or current events.
Essay Topic 3
When Bastian finally returns home, he has learned to love. Use examples from the book and real life to explain what love means to you. How important is it to love others? Is it more or less important to love yourself?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)