Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bastian and Grograman enjoy doing what in the sand?
2. As the clock strikes 12, Bastian calls out the Empress' name and what happens?
3. What happens to Grograman at night?
4. How does the Old Man react to the Empress' request about the book?
5. Bastian's silence leaves The Princess no choice but to do what?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the character of Atreyu in detail. What is his role in the story? What is his relationship to Bastian? What idea, concept or moral do you feel that Atreyu represents and why? Use examples from the story to emphasize your point.
Essay Topic 2
Explain what each of the three Southern Oracle gates represents. What lessons do they teach? How are those lessons applied, later in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Forgiveness and redemption is a big theme in the book. Choose one of the following relationships and explain how redemption and forgiveness play a role in it.
1. Bastian and his father
2. Bastian and Eyola
3. Bastian and Mr. Coreander
4. Bastian and Atreyu
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)