Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bastian and Grograman enjoy doing what in the sand?
2. As the clock strikes 12, Bastian calls out the Empress' name and what happens?
3. What happens to Grograman at night?
4. How does the Old Man react to the Empress' request about the book?
5. Bastian's silence leaves The Princess no choice but to do what?
Essay Topic 1
Explain what each of the three Southern Oracle gates represents. What lessons do they teach? How are those lessons applied, later in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Bastian struggles with image throughout the story. Use examples from the book, as well as real life situations, to explain how self-image can affect people's actions and thoughts. Do you think that people's self-image is caused by how they are treated by others, or that they are treated by others based on their self-image? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
When Bastian finally returns home, he has learned to love. Use examples from the book and real life to explain what love means to you. How important is it to love others? Is it more or less important to love yourself?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)