|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Empress ask the Old Man to do?
2. What is the first thing in Fantastica that Bastian recreates?
3. What wish finally gets Bastian out of The Temple?
4. Atreyu wakes up after The Princess leaves, and finds himself where?
5. How is Bastiana nd Atreyu's friendship sealed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Auryn plays a major roll in the book. Explain, using details from the book, how it helps, hurts and otherwise affects both Atreyu and, later, Bastian.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the character of Atreyu in detail. What is his role in the story? What is his relationship to Bastian? What idea, concept or moral do you feel that Atreyu represents and why? Use examples from the story to emphasize your point.
Essay Topic 3
Much of the story is about the power to manipulate people or events. Using examples from the story, as well as daily life, explain ways in which people try to manipulate both other people and situations. Do you feel that it is ever good or necessary to try to manipulate others or a situation? Explain your answer in detail.
This section contains 1,147 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)