Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bastian and Grograman enjoy doing what in the sand?
2. As the clock strikes 12, Bastian calls out the Empress' name and what happens?
3. What happens to Grograman at night?
4. How does the Old Man react to the Empress' request about the book?
5. Bastian's silence leaves The Princess no choice but to do what?
Much of the story is about the power to manipulate people or events. Using examples from the story, as well as daily life, explain ways in which people try to manipulate both other people and situations. Do you feel that it is ever good or necessary to try to manipulate others or a situation? Explain your answer in detail.
Fantastica and the real world are forever tied together. Use examples from the story to explain how what goes on in one affects what goes on in the other.
In the beginning of the story, Bastian steals a book. He feels compelled to do so. Do you feel that there is ever a good reason for a person to steal? Was it OK for Bastian to take the book, since he later returned it? Explain your answer in detail.
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)