|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Falkor is too sad to do what?
2. Whose story does Dame Eyola tell Bastian?
3. Why do many Fantasticans join Bastian and the group on their journey to the Ivory Tower?
4. What does Bastian do with Sikandra?
5. What sort of animal advises Bastian about the residents of the strange town?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who do the orchids belong to and what happens as the travelers pass through them?
2. What happens when Bastian asks the other knights about Hynreck?
3. Why does Bastian get rid of his mule, Yikka and how does he try to make it up to her?
4. Who is Dame Eyola and how does she help Bastian?
5. What story does Bastian tell the people of Amarganth and how does it help them?
6. What are the knights that Bastian meets, after he leaves the Temple, on their way to do?
7. Why does Bastian finally speak Moon Child's name?
8. What happens when the group finally reaches the Ivory Tower?
9. What does Bastian find that the people of Amarganth like to do and what problem do they have with their hobby?
10. What happens on the day of the coronation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain what each of the three Southern Oracle gates represents. What lessons do they teach? How are those lessons applied, later in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Mr Coreander may seem to play a small roll in the book, but he actually has an integral role in the story. Explain what Mr. Coreander represents to you? Use examples from the book to explain your response.
Essay Topic 3
Opposites are a theme in the book. Choose one of the following sets of opposites and use examples from the book to explain how they are opposites and how that helps them to interact.
1. Atreyu and Bastian
2. Perilin and Goab
3. The Empress and the Old Man of Wandering Mountain
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)