|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of animal is the Many-Colored Death?
2. Falkor is too sad to do what?
3. Whose story does Dame Eyola tell Bastian?
4. Bastian and Grograman enjoy doing what in the sand?
5. Grograman tells Bastian about The Temple of how many doors?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Dame Eyola and how does she help Bastian?
2. What are the knights that Bastian meets, after he leaves the Temple, on their way to do?
3. Describe Atreyu's meeting with the Empress.
4. Who do the orchids belong to and what happens as the travelers pass through them?
5. What happens when Bastian asks the other knights about Hynreck?
6. What happens on the day of the coronation?
7. Describe where the Old Man of Wandering Mountain lives.
8. Why is Bastian the first one that Grograman has ever talked to?
9. What does Bastian find that the people of Amarganth like to do and what problem do they have with their hobby?
10. What is the Temple of a Thousand Doors and who tells Bastian about it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Bastian finally returns home, he has learned to love. Use examples from the book and real life to explain what love means to you. How important is it to love others? Is it more or less important to love yourself?
Essay Topic 2
Explain what each of the three Southern Oracle gates represents. What lessons do they teach? How are those lessons applied, later in the book?
Essay Topic 3
The theme of four forces is a common one in the book. There are the four messengers we meet when Bastian first begins reading, the four Wind Giants and the four Knights, to name a few. Using examples from the book, write about what you think the four forces represent and how they add to the book.
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)