Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bastian and Grograman enjoy doing what in the sand?
2. As the clock strikes 12, Bastian calls out the Empress' name and what happens?
3. What happens to Grograman at night?
4. How does the Old Man react to the Empress' request about the book?
5. Bastian's silence leaves The Princess no choice but to do what?
Essay Topic 1
Fantastica and the real world are forever tied together. Use examples from the story to explain how what goes on in one affects what goes on in the other.
Essay Topic 2
Opposites are a theme in the book. Choose one of the following sets of opposites and use examples from the book to explain how they are opposites and how that helps them to interact.
1. Atreyu and Bastian
2. Perilin and Goab
3. The Empress and the Old Man of Wandering Mountain
Essay Topic 3
Answer any one of the following three questions using examples from the story to support your answer:
1. Is the Neverending Story a metaphor for life? If so, why? If not, why not?
2. What is the difference between a dream, a fantasy and a wish in both the book and real life?
3. How important is self image, both to Bastian and to people in general, and how does it change a person's views and actions?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)