Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the store owner's middle name?
2. Bastian doesn't think his father will forgive him for what act?
3. How does Bastian feel about his home life?
4. After leaving the store, where does Bastian go?
5. What is the store owner doing when Bastian enters the store?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the gates to the Southern Oracle.
2. What story does Bastian tell the people of Amarganth and how does it help them?
3. When Bastian is very hungry, after reading about Atreyu eating rotten food in the ghost town, describe who he thinks of and why.
4. How and where does Bastian find the Water of Life?
5. Describe Atreyu's meeting with the Empress.
6. Describe the image of Bastian, as the Empress sees him.
7. Who is Grograman and what is the relationship between him, Perilin and Goab?
8. What does the gnome tell Atreyu, in Chapter 5, after Atreyu is well?
9. Who are the Know-Nothings?
10. Describe Bastian's reunion with his father.
Bastian struggles with image throughout the story. Use examples from the book, as well as real life situations, to explain how self-image can affect people's actions and thoughts. Do you think that people's self-image is caused by how they are treated by others, or that they are treated by others based on their self-image? Explain your answer.
Luck plays a large role in the book. Describe how it impacts the story. Also, explain whether or not you feel that luck/fate/chance can impact everyday life and why you feel that way, using examples from your own life or current events.
Explain how you feel that Bastian's character changes throughout the book and when he seems to make those changes. Also, using examples from the book, explain whether you feel that those changes are for the better or for the worse and why.
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)