|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Falkor dives down to rescue Atreyu from the nothing, what happens tot heir skin?
2. After they fly for days, where does Falkor suggest that they go?
3. Falkor, the luckdragon, overheard the spider and wished himself where?
4. Who lives on Tortoise Shell Mountain?
5. Which of these describes Bastian?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the owner of the bookstore where Bastian hides.
2. What happens after Atreyu is transported to the Oracle?
3. Explain how the geography of Fantastica works.
4. Explain how Bastian's father became so distant.
5. Describe the gates to the Southern Oracle.
6. How does Bastian think his father will react to Bastian's running away?
7. What is Ygramul the Many?
8. Describe Bastian's character in the prologue.
9. What does the gnome tell Atreyu, in Chapter 5, after Atreyu is well?
10. Why does Bastian admit to Mr. Coreander that his schoolmates tease him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Bastian finally returns home, he has learned to love. Use examples from the book and real life to explain what love means to you. How important is it to love others? Is it more or less important to love yourself?
Essay Topic 2
Forgiveness and redemption is a big theme in the book. Choose one of the following relationships and explain how redemption and forgiveness play a role in it.
1. Bastian and his father
2. Bastian and Eyola
3. Bastian and Mr. Coreander
4. Bastian and Atreyu
Essay Topic 3
Luck plays a large role in the book. Describe how it impacts the story. Also, explain whether or not you feel that luck/fate/chance can impact everyday life and why you feel that way, using examples from your own life or current events.
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)