Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the store owner's middle name?
2. Bastian doesn't think his father will forgive him for what act?
3. How does Bastian feel about his home life?
4. After leaving the store, where does Bastian go?
5. What is the store owner doing when Bastian enters the store?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the gates to the Southern Oracle.
2. What story does Bastian tell the people of Amarganth and how does it help them?
3. When Bastian is very hungry, after reading about Atreyu eating rotten food in the ghost town, describe who he thinks of and why.
4. How and where does Bastian find the Water of Life?
5. Describe Atreyu's meeting with the Empress.
6. Describe the image of Bastian, as the Empress sees him.
7. Who is Grograman and what is the relationship between him, Perilin and Goab?
8. What does the gnome tell Atreyu, in Chapter 5, after Atreyu is well?
9. Who are the Know-Nothings?
10. Describe Bastian's reunion with his father.
Essay Topic 1
The Auryn plays a major roll in the book. Explain, using details from the book, how it helps, hurts and otherwise affects both Atreyu and, later, Bastian.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how you feel that Bastian's character changes throughout the book and when he seems to make those changes. Also, using examples from the book, explain whether you feel that those changes are for the better or for the worse and why.
Essay Topic 3
Bastian is asked to describe Fantastica a few times in the book. Now it's your turn. Define Fantastica in your terms. What do you think determines how big or small Fantastica is? Is everyone's version of Fantastica different? In what ways?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)