|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dame Eyola live?
(a) The House of Change
(b) The House of Chance
(c) The House of Caring
(d) The House of Courage
2. How many days away is Bastian's coronation when Xayide convinces him to take over as the Childlike Emperor?
3. Which of the following is not a name of a knight that Bastian meets after he leaves the temple?
4. If Bastian loses his memory entirely, what will happen?
(a) Falkor will take him to the desert and leave him to die.
(b) He'll never get home.
(c) He'll trade places with Atreyu permanently.
(d) He'll turn into a monster.
5. What warning does Grograman give Bastian about the Temple?
(a) Nobody has ever come out of The Temple alive.
(b) A great wolf guards The Temple.
(c) The Temple is located in a far off land.
(d) If Bastian's wish is unclear, he could get lost inside The Temple forever.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does The Old Man live?
2. How is Bastiana nd Atreyu's friendship sealed?
3. Dame Eyola tells Bastian that if he wants to get home, he must find what?
4. What are the Acharis later called?
5. What does Bastian name the desert that he creates?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Bastian spends the night in Grograman's castle?
2. Why does Bastian finally speak Moon Child's name?
3. What does Bastian find that the people of Amarganth like to do and what problem do they have with their hobby?
4. Why is Bastian the first one that Grograman has ever talked to?
5. What are the knights that Bastian meets, after he leaves the Temple, on their way to do?
6. Who is Dame Eyola and how does she help Bastian?
7. Describe where the Old Man of Wandering Mountain lives.
8. Describe how Bastian's wish for wisdom backfires on him.
9. As they travel towards the Ivory Tower without really knowing their destination, what does Atreyu begin to notice about Bastian?
10. What story does Bastian tell the people of Amarganth and how does it help them?
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)