|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Bastian learns that the Amarganthians are storytellers, how does he help them?
(a) He writes down all the stories that he can remember.
(b) He tells them stories of his life back home.
(c) He tells a story about a public library full of books, which comes true.
(d) He asks Falkor to use his luck to allow them to create new stories.
2. How many suits of armor attack the travelers?
3. What grows from Dame Eyola's body?
(c) wish bubbles
(d) magic wings
4. As the clock strikes 12, Bastian calls out the Empress' name and what happens?
(a) Atreyu arrives in the attic.
(b) Lightening strikes the attic.
(c) An egg opens.
(d) The Empress arrives in the attic.
5. How is the picture that Bastian finds destroyed?
(a) The Shlamoofs harass him and it is broken.
(b) Bastian accidentally drops it off a cliff.
(c) Yor steps on it.
(d) Falkor and Atreyu shatter it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does The Old Man live?
2. What does Bastian name the desert that he creates?
3. Bastian regrets creating what, as the travelers see destruction on their way to The Ivory Tower?
4. What is Yikka?
5. Bastian finds a picture of a man encased in a wall of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the image of Bastian, as the Empress sees him.
2. What happens when the group finally reaches the Ivory Tower?
3. What happens when Bastian spends the night in Grograman's castle?
4. Describe the relationship between Bastian, Falkor and Atreyu after Xayide joins their ranks.
5. Who are the Know-Nothings?
6. What are the knights that Bastian meets, after he leaves the Temple, on their way to do?
7. Describe where the Old Man of Wandering Mountain lives.
8. Who do the orchids belong to and what happens as the travelers pass through them?
9. What does Bastian find that the people of Amarganth like to do and what problem do they have with their hobby?
10. Who is the Old Man of Wandering Mountain and why does the Empress try to find him?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)