|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Xayide?
(a) a wicked witch
(b) an evil wizard
(c) a good wizard
(d) a good witch
2. Why do many Fantasticans join Bastian and the group on their journey to the Ivory Tower?
(a) Everyone wants to see Atreyu.
(b) Everyone wants to see Moon Child.
(c) Everyone wants Bastian's help with something.
(d) Everyone is lsot and confused, since Bastian keeps changing Fantastica.
3. Who can make a new start to the book?
(a) a tiny
(b) a human
(c) a luckdragon
(d) The Empress
4. What does Bastian name the desert that he creates?
5. What does Bastian do to mark the fact that he passed through the desert?
(a) He takes a handful of sand with him.
(b) He wishes a tree to stand permanently in the desert.
(c) He leaves a piece of clothing behind.
(d) He marks his initials in the sand.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Xayide die?
2. Where does Dame Eyola live?
3. Where does The Old Man live?
4. Which of the following is not a name of a knight that Bastian meets after he leaves the temple?
5. How does Bastian plan to impress Atreyu?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who do the orchids belong to and what happens as the travelers pass through them?
2. What happens to Xayide and Bastian's army when they reach the City of Old Emperors?
3. What happens when Bastian asks the other knights about Hynreck?
4. What is the Temple of a Thousand Doors and who tells Bastian about it?
5. Why is Bastian the first one that Grograman has ever talked to?
6. What happens on the day of the coronation?
7. Why does Bastian get rid of his mule, Yikka and how does he try to make it up to her?
8. What story does Bastian tell the people of Amarganth and how does it help them?
9. What happens when Bastian spends the night in Grograman's castle?
10. Who is Dame Eyola and how does she help Bastian?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)