|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the residents of the strange town called?
2. Why does Bastain banish Atreyu from his company?
(a) Atreyu tries to steal the Auryn.
(b) Atreyu tries to talk Bastian into going home.
(c) Atreyu tries to take over leading the group.
(d) Atreyu kills Falkor.
3. How many suits of armor attack the travelers?
4. When Bastian learns that the Amarganthians are storytellers, how does he help them?
(a) He tells them stories of his life back home.
(b) He asks Falkor to use his luck to allow them to create new stories.
(c) He tells a story about a public library full of books, which comes true.
(d) He writes down all the stories that he can remember.
5. What are the Acharis later called?
Short Answer Questions
1. Atreyu realizes that the Auryn seems to work differently for humans and is doing what to Bastian?
2. Bastian's silence leaves The Princess no choice but to do what?
3. Why doesn't Bastian call out the Princess' new name immediately?
4. Who lives in the Star Cloister?
5. What warning does Grograman give Bastian about the Temple?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who do the orchids belong to and what happens as the travelers pass through them?
2. Why does Bastian get rid of his mule, Yikka and how does he try to make it up to her?
3. What are the knights that Bastian meets, after he leaves the Temple, on their way to do?
4. Describe the image of Bastian, as the Empress sees him.
5. As they travel towards the Ivory Tower without really knowing their destination, what does Atreyu begin to notice about Bastian?
6. What story does Bastian tell the people of Amarganth and how does it help them?
7. What does Bastian find that the people of Amarganth like to do and what problem do they have with their hobby?
8. What happens when Bastian spends the night in Grograman's castle?
9. Who is Dame Eyola and how does she help Bastian?
10. What happens to Xayide and Bastian's army when they reach the City of Old Emperors?
This section contains 1,017 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)