|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bastian escape the Shlamoofs?
(a) Atreyu and Falkor rescue him.
(b) Moon Child rescues him.
(c) Blubb rescues him.
(d) The Shlamoofs leave on their own after a while.
2. Where does The Old Man live?
(a) The Mountain of Destiny
(b) The Cavern of Triumph
(c) The Cavern of Destiny
(d) The Mountain of Triumph
3. What does Bastian do to cheer up the Acharis?
(a) He wishes for a great palace of their own, which thena appears.
(b) He turns them into talking flowers.
(c) He turns them into butterflies.
(d) He makes them beautiful.
4. When Bastian learns that the Amarganthians are storytellers, how does he help them?
(a) He writes down all the stories that he can remember.
(b) He asks Falkor to use his luck to allow them to create new stories.
(c) He tells them stories of his life back home.
(d) He tells a story about a public library full of books, which comes true.
5. What is the first thing in Fantastica that Bastian recreates?
(b) The Grassy Ocean
(c) The Ivory Tower
(d) The Swamp of Sadness
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Grograman at night?
2. Atreyu wakes up after The Princess leaves, and finds himself where?
3. Xayide claims that her will is strong enough to do what?
4. Who does Bastian wish to see again?
5. Where does Dame Eyola live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What story does Bastian tell the people of Amarganth and how does it help them?
2. Who do the orchids belong to and what happens as the travelers pass through them?
3. What happens to Xayide and Bastian's army when they reach the City of Old Emperors?
4. What does Bastian find that the people of Amarganth like to do and what problem do they have with their hobby?
5. As they travel towards the Ivory Tower without really knowing their destination, what does Atreyu begin to notice about Bastian?
6. Describe where the Old Man of Wandering Mountain lives.
7. What happens when Bastian asks the other knights about Hynreck?
8. Describe how Bastian's wish for wisdom backfires on him.
9. Describe Atreyu's meeting with the Empress.
10. Who is the Old Man of Wandering Mountain and why does the Empress try to find him?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)