|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If Bastian loses his memory entirely, what will happen?
(a) He'll trade places with Atreyu permanently.
(b) He'll turn into a monster.
(c) He'll never get home.
(d) Falkor will take him to the desert and leave him to die.
2. What does Bastian do to cheer up the Acharis?
(a) He turns them into butterflies.
(b) He turns them into talking flowers.
(c) He wishes for a great palace of their own, which thena appears.
(d) He makes them beautiful.
3. Who lives in the Star Cloister?
(a) The Priests of Punishment
(b) The Monks of Mercy
(c) The Monks of Knowledge
(d) The Priest of Pride
4. Why does Bastian stall their arrival at the Ivory Tower?
(a) He is afraid his friends will leave him.
(b) He is afraid that he will be unable to see Moon Child again.
(c) He is afraid that Moon Child will send him home.
(d) He is afraid he will lose the Auryn.
5. How does Bastian plan to impress Atreyu?
(a) by recreating Fantastica better than it was before
(b) by taking Atreyu to the real world
(c) by telling great stories
(d) by killing a monster
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bastian wish to see again?
2. How does Xayide die?
3. What happens to Grograman at night?
4. Falkor is too sad to do what?
5. Which of the following is not a name of a knight that Bastian meets after he leaves the temple?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the tournament in Amarganth end?
2. Who is Grograman and what is the relationship between him, Perilin and Goab?
3. What is the Temple of a Thousand Doors and who tells Bastian about it?
4. What happens when the group finally reaches the Ivory Tower?
5. As they travel towards the Ivory Tower without really knowing their destination, what does Atreyu begin to notice about Bastian?
6. What are the knights that Bastian meets, after he leaves the Temple, on their way to do?
7. Describe Atreyu's meeting with the Empress.
8. Who is Dame Eyola and how does she help Bastian?
9. Describe the image of Bastian, as the Empress sees him.
10. What happens when Bastian spends the night in Grograman's castle?
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)