|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If Bastian loses his memory entirely, what will happen?
(a) He'll turn into a monster.
(b) He'll trade places with Atreyu permanently.
(c) He'll never get home.
(d) Falkor will take him to the desert and leave him to die.
2. What is Yikka's impossible wish?
(a) to go to the human world
(b) to have children
(c) to leave Fantastica
(d) to turn into a woman
3. Xayide claims that her will is strong enough to do what?
(a) control any empty vessel
(b) control the people of Fantastica
(c) control the weather
(d) destroy Fantastica
4. When Bastian learns that the Amarganthians are storytellers, how does he help them?
(a) He tells a story about a public library full of books, which comes true.
(b) He writes down all the stories that he can remember.
(c) He tells them stories of his life back home.
(d) He asks Falkor to use his luck to allow them to create new stories.
5. Why doesn't Bastian call out the Princess' new name immediately?
(a) He is afraid he will be a disappointment.
(b) He has a sore throat.
(c) He is caught hiding in the attic.
(d) He does not believe the Fantasticans can really see or hear him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dame Eyola tells Bastian that if he wants to get home, he must find what?
2. Bastian's silence leaves The Princess no choice but to do what?
3. Grograman tells Bastian about The Temple of how many doors?
4. What is Yikka?
5. How does the Old Man react to the Empress' request about the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the relationship between Bastian, Falkor and Atreyu after Xayide joins their ranks.
2. What story does Bastian tell the people of Amarganth and how does it help them?
3. Describe the image of Bastian, as the Empress sees him.
4. Why does Bastian get rid of his mule, Yikka and how does he try to make it up to her?
5. Who is Grograman and what is the relationship between him, Perilin and Goab?
6. Describe where the Old Man of Wandering Mountain lives.
7. Why does Bastian finally speak Moon Child's name?
8. What are the knights that Bastian meets, after he leaves the Temple, on their way to do?
9. Who do the orchids belong to and what happens as the travelers pass through them?
10. Who are the Know-Nothings?
This section contains 1,042 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)