|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the people who think communally and help Bastian cross the sea?
(a) The Yskalnari
(b) The Valskyri
(c) The Yalgarnsi
(d) The Slkyari
2. What does The Empress tell Bastian to do in order to recreate Fantastica?
(a) read the book backwards
(b) write a new ending to the book
(c) return the book to the book store
(d) make wishes
3. Who admits to Atreyu that they knew how to save the Empress before Atreyu went on his quest?
(c) The Empress
4. Who is Querquobad?
(a) a knight that dies in the tournament
(b) a pet that belongs to the princess of Amarganth
(c) a captain who agrees to take Bastian and Atreyu away on a boat and help them
(d) the ruler of Amarganth
5. Where does Dame Eyola live?
(a) The House of Change
(b) The House of Chance
(c) The House of Courage
(d) The House of Caring
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Empress say that Atreyu called the savior to Fantastica?
2. When Bastian explains the meaning of Grograman's existence, Grograman gives him what in exchange?
3. Dame Eyola tells Bastian that if he wants to get home, he must find what?
4. What does Bastian name the desert that he creates?
5. As the clock strikes 12, Bastian calls out the Empress' name and what happens?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Xayide and Bastian's army when they reach the City of Old Emperors?
2. What story does Bastian tell the people of Amarganth and how does it help them?
3. Why does Bastian get rid of his mule, Yikka and how does he try to make it up to her?
4. What does Bastian find that the people of Amarganth like to do and what problem do they have with their hobby?
5. Who do the orchids belong to and what happens as the travelers pass through them?
6. What happens on the day of the coronation?
7. As they travel towards the Ivory Tower without really knowing their destination, what does Atreyu begin to notice about Bastian?
8. What is the Temple of a Thousand Doors and who tells Bastian about it?
9. Describe Atreyu's meeting with the Empress.
10. What happens when Bastian spends the night in Grograman's castle?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)