|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bastian plan to impress Atreyu?
(a) by telling great stories
(b) by recreating Fantastica better than it was before
(c) by killing a monster
(d) by taking Atreyu to the real world
2. What is Yikka?
(a) a mule
(b) a tribal dance of the Argamanthians
(c) a food
(d) a city
3. Whose story does Dame Eyola tell Bastian?
(a) Atreyu's story
(b) Artax's story
(c) Bastian's own story
(d) Argax's story
4. What type of animal is the Many-Colored Death?
(a) a dragon
(b) a lion
(c) a wolf
(d) a tiger
5. As the clock strikes 12, Bastian calls out the Empress' name and what happens?
(a) Lightening strikes the attic.
(b) An egg opens.
(c) The Empress arrives in the attic.
(d) Atreyu arrives in the attic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bastian learn about Moon Child when he finally reaches the tower?
2. Why does Bastian admit that he waited so long to help the Empress?
3. Argax tells Bastian that his only hope of getting home now is to cross The Sea of what?
4. What is the name of the princess who wants to marry the best knight in the tournament?
5. Bastian finds a picture of a man encased in a wall of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the knights that Bastian meets, after he leaves the Temple, on their way to do?
2. Who are the Know-Nothings?
3. What is the Temple of a Thousand Doors and who tells Bastian about it?
4. Describe where the Old Man of Wandering Mountain lives.
5. Describe the image of Bastian, as the Empress sees him.
6. Why does Bastian get rid of his mule, Yikka and how does he try to make it up to her?
7. What happens when the group finally reaches the Ivory Tower?
8. What does Bastian find that the people of Amarganth like to do and what problem do they have with their hobby?
9. What happens on the day of the coronation?
10. Why is Bastian the first one that Grograman has ever talked to?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)