|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the picture that Bastian finds destroyed?
(a) Falkor and Atreyu shatter it.
(b) Yor steps on it.
(c) The Shlamoofs harass him and it is broken.
(d) Bastian accidentally drops it off a cliff.
2. Bastian finds a picture of a man encased in a wall of what?
3. In Yor's Minroud, Bastian must find what?
(a) a picture of himself
(b) a picture of someone to love
(c) a picture of Atreyu
(d) a picture of someone to hate
4. Bastian regrets creating what, as the travelers see destruction on their way to The Ivory Tower?
(a) a great storm
(b) a dragon
(c) a forest
(d) a desert
5. When Bastian explains the meaning of Grograman's existence, Grograman gives him what in exchange?
(a) some food
(b) a sword
(c) an amulet
(d) a ring
Short Answer Questions
1. Who guards Bastian's tent at night?
2. As the clock strikes 12, Bastian calls out the Empress' name and what happens?
3. What does Bastian do with Sikandra?
4. What does Bastian do to mark the fact that he passed through the desert?
5. How does the Old Man react to the Empress' request about the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Bastian spends the night in Grograman's castle?
2. Describe where the Old Man of Wandering Mountain lives.
3. What is the Temple of a Thousand Doors and who tells Bastian about it?
4. Why does Bastian finally speak Moon Child's name?
5. Who do the orchids belong to and what happens as the travelers pass through them?
6. Why does Bastian get rid of his mule, Yikka and how does he try to make it up to her?
7. What happens to Xayide and Bastian's army when they reach the City of Old Emperors?
8. Who is Grograman and what is the relationship between him, Perilin and Goab?
9. What does Bastian find that the people of Amarganth like to do and what problem do they have with their hobby?
10. How does the tournament in Amarganth end?
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)