|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Empress ask the Old Man to do?
(a) write a new end to the book
(b) read the book
(c) give her the book
(d) burn the book
2. Bastian regrets creating what, as the travelers see destruction on their way to The Ivory Tower?
(a) a dragon
(b) a forest
(c) a great storm
(d) a desert
3. How does the Empress say that Atreyu called the savior to Fantastica?
(a) by shouting
(b) by crying
(c) with the Auryn
(d) through brave deeds
4. What wish finally gets Bastian out of The Temple?
(a) He wishes to return home and reconcile with his father.
(b) He wishes to return to the attic.
(c) He wishes The Temple would disappear.
(d) He wishes to meet Atreyu and be friends.
5. The party enters a field full of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Old Man react to the Empress' request about the book?
2. If Bastian loses his memory entirely, what will happen?
3. What does Bastian name the desert that he creates?
4. What are the Acharis later called?
5. Who does Atreyu declare is the winner fo the tournament?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens on the day of the coronation?
2. Describe the relationship between Bastian, Falkor and Atreyu after Xayide joins their ranks.
3. Describe the image of Bastian, as the Empress sees him.
4. Why does Bastian finally speak Moon Child's name?
5. Who is the Old Man of Wandering Mountain and why does the Empress try to find him?
6. Who is Dame Eyola and how does she help Bastian?
7. As they travel towards the Ivory Tower without really knowing their destination, what does Atreyu begin to notice about Bastian?
8. What does Bastian find that the people of Amarganth like to do and what problem do they have with their hobby?
9. Who are the Know-Nothings?
10. What is the Temple of a Thousand Doors and who tells Bastian about it?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)