|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The group is awakened by a group of ugly worms doing what?
(a) building a tower
(b) stealing food
(c) fighting amongst themselves
(d) attacking the group
2. Argax tells Bastian that his only hope of getting home now is to cross The Sea of what?
3. What does Bastian learn about Moon Child when he finally reaches the tower?
(a) She is refusing to see anyone.
(b) She is dead.
(c) She is Xayide.
(d) She is missing.
4. What grows from Dame Eyola's body?
(a) magic wings
(b) wish bubbles
5. What does The Empress tell Bastian to do in order to recreate Fantastica?
(a) make wishes
(b) write a new ending to the book
(c) return the book to the book store
(d) read the book backwards
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of animal is the Many-Colored Death?
2. What does Bastian do to mark the fact that he passed through the desert?
3. What is the name of the blue Djinn?
4. What is Sikandra?
5. How many days away is Bastian's coronation when Xayide convinces him to take over as the Childlike Emperor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the Old Man of Wandering Mountain and why does the Empress try to find him?
2. What does Bastian find that the people of Amarganth like to do and what problem do they have with their hobby?
3. Who do the orchids belong to and what happens as the travelers pass through them?
4. How does the tournament in Amarganth end?
5. Describe the image of Bastian, as the Empress sees him.
6. What happens when the group finally reaches the Ivory Tower?
7. Describe how Bastian's wish for wisdom backfires on him.
8. What happens when Bastian asks the other knights about Hynreck?
9. Why does Bastian finally speak Moon Child's name?
10. What happens when Bastian spends the night in Grograman's castle?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)