|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Old Man react to the Empress' request about the book?
(a) He is upset because he has already tried that suggestion with no success.
(b) He is horrified because he thinks they'll all be trapped forever.
(c) He is skeptical because he doesn't know if it will work.
(d) He is thrilled because he thinks it will save Fantastica.
2. What grows from Dame Eyola's body?
(a) magic wings
(b) wish bubbles
3. How many suits of armor attack the travelers?
4. What are the Acharis later called?
5. Why does Bastian stall their arrival at the Ivory Tower?
(a) He is afraid that Moon Child will send him home.
(b) He is afraid that he will be unable to see Moon Child again.
(c) He is afraid his friends will leave him.
(d) He is afraid he will lose the Auryn.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the picture that Bastian finds destroyed?
2. Who is Querquobad?
3. How does Xayide die?
4. What type of animal is the Many-Colored Death?
5. What does Bastian learn about Moon Child when he finally reaches the tower?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the Know-Nothings?
2. Who is the Old Man of Wandering Mountain and why does the Empress try to find him?
3. What does Bastian find that the people of Amarganth like to do and what problem do they have with their hobby?
4. Describe Atreyu's meeting with the Empress.
5. Who is Grograman and what is the relationship between him, Perilin and Goab?
6. Why does Bastian get rid of his mule, Yikka and how does he try to make it up to her?
7. Describe where the Old Man of Wandering Mountain lives.
8. What are the knights that Bastian meets, after he leaves the Temple, on their way to do?
9. Who do the orchids belong to and what happens as the travelers pass through them?
10. Who is Dame Eyola and how does she help Bastian?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)