|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What warning does Grograman give Bastian about the Temple?
(a) Nobody has ever come out of The Temple alive.
(b) A great wolf guards The Temple.
(c) The Temple is located in a far off land.
(d) If Bastian's wish is unclear, he could get lost inside The Temple forever.
2. How many days away is Bastian's coronation when Xayide convinces him to take over as the Childlike Emperor?
3. What does Bastian do to mark the fact that he passed through the desert?
(a) He wishes a tree to stand permanently in the desert.
(b) He leaves a piece of clothing behind.
(c) He takes a handful of sand with him.
(d) He marks his initials in the sand.
4. Why doesn't Bastian call out the Princess' new name immediately?
(a) He is caught hiding in the attic.
(b) He is afraid he will be a disappointment.
(c) He does not believe the Fantasticans can really see or hear him.
(d) He has a sore throat.
5. The group is awakened by a group of ugly worms doing what?
(a) stealing food
(b) building a tower
(c) fighting amongst themselves
(d) attacking the group
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the back of the Auryn say?
2. Who does Bastian wish to see again?
3. Bastian's silence leaves The Princess no choice but to do what?
4. When Bastian learns that the Amarganthians are storytellers, how does he help them?
5. Why do many Fantasticans join Bastian and the group on their journey to the Ivory Tower?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the Know-Nothings?
2. Why does Bastian finally speak Moon Child's name?
3. Who is Dame Eyola and how does she help Bastian?
4. What is the Temple of a Thousand Doors and who tells Bastian about it?
5. How does the tournament in Amarganth end?
6. Describe the relationship between Bastian, Falkor and Atreyu after Xayide joins their ranks.
7. What does Bastian find that the people of Amarganth like to do and what problem do they have with their hobby?
8. As they travel towards the Ivory Tower without really knowing their destination, what does Atreyu begin to notice about Bastian?
9. Why is Bastian the first one that Grograman has ever talked to?
10. Describe Atreyu's meeting with the Empress.
This section contains 1,042 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)