|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The group is awakened by a group of ugly worms doing what?
(a) fighting amongst themselves
(b) building a tower
(c) stealing food
(d) attacking the group
2. Atreyu does what to cheer Bastian up, after Bastian's attempt to help the Acharis fails?
(a) He plays a game with Bastian.
(b) He tells Bastian that he is not the only one to make such mistakes.
(c) He lets Bastian ride Falkor.
(d) He tells Bastian about his life in the Grassy Ocean.
3. What does Bastian do to mark the fact that he passed through the desert?
(a) He leaves a piece of clothing behind.
(b) He wishes a tree to stand permanently in the desert.
(c) He marks his initials in the sand.
(d) He takes a handful of sand with him.
4. What warning does Grograman give Bastian about the Temple?
(a) Nobody has ever come out of The Temple alive.
(b) A great wolf guards The Temple.
(c) The Temple is located in a far off land.
(d) If Bastian's wish is unclear, he could get lost inside The Temple forever.
5. What is the name of the princess who wants to marry the best knight in the tournament?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bastian wish to see again?
2. How does the Old Man react to the Empress' request about the book?
3. How does Bastian escape the Shlamoofs?
4. Who is Querquobad?
5. When Bastian finds himself hovering in the dark, what does The Empress say to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Xayide and Bastian's army when they reach the City of Old Emperors?
2. As they travel towards the Ivory Tower without really knowing their destination, what does Atreyu begin to notice about Bastian?
3. Who is the Old Man of Wandering Mountain and why does the Empress try to find him?
4. What happens when Bastian spends the night in Grograman's castle?
5. How does the tournament in Amarganth end?
6. What are the knights that Bastian meets, after he leaves the Temple, on their way to do?
7. Who do the orchids belong to and what happens as the travelers pass through them?
8. Describe the image of Bastian, as the Empress sees him.
9. What story does Bastian tell the people of Amarganth and how does it help them?
10. Why does Bastian finally speak Moon Child's name?
This section contains 1,063 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)