|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Yor's Minroud, Bastian must find what?
(a) a picture of Atreyu
(b) a picture of himself
(c) a picture of someone to hate
(d) a picture of someone to love
2. As the clock strikes 12, Bastian calls out the Empress' name and what happens?
(a) An egg opens.
(b) The Empress arrives in the attic.
(c) Lightening strikes the attic.
(d) Atreyu arrives in the attic.
3. Who is Xayide?
(a) a good wizard
(b) a wicked witch
(c) an evil wizard
(d) a good witch
4. What are the Acharis later called?
5. What is the name of the people who think communally and help Bastian cross the sea?
(a) The Yskalnari
(b) The Slkyari
(c) The Yalgarnsi
(d) The Valskyri
Short Answer Questions
1. Bastian and Grograman enjoy doing what in the sand?
2. How does Xayide die?
3. What sort of animal advises Bastian about the residents of the strange town?
4. What type of animal is the Many-Colored Death?
5. Bastian's silence leaves The Princess no choice but to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens on the day of the coronation?
2. Describe the image of Bastian, as the Empress sees him.
3. What does Bastian find that the people of Amarganth like to do and what problem do they have with their hobby?
4. What happens when the group finally reaches the Ivory Tower?
5. Who is Grograman and what is the relationship between him, Perilin and Goab?
6. As they travel towards the Ivory Tower without really knowing their destination, what does Atreyu begin to notice about Bastian?
7. How does the tournament in Amarganth end?
8. Describe where the Old Man of Wandering Mountain lives.
9. Describe how Bastian's wish for wisdom backfires on him.
10. What story does Bastian tell the people of Amarganth and how does it help them?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)