|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who lives on Tortoise Shell Mountain?
2. As they gather a few floors below the pavilion, how many doctors have already assembled from all over Fantastica?
3. Bastian's day-to-day life is what?
(c) always changing
4. What do travelers see in the Magic Mirror at the second gate?
(a) their true selves
(b) their worst nightmares
(c) horrible monsters
(d) their exact opposite
5. When Gmork dies, Atreyu becomes trapped because of what?
(a) Gmork's mouth is closed around Atreyu's arm.
(b) Gmork's mouth is closed around Atreyu's leg.
(c) Gmork has locked his chain around Atreyu's waist.
(d) Gmork has placed a freezing spell on Atreyu.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Atreyu learn that the Childlike Empress needs, when he is in the Swamps?
2. To whom has Cairon has been asked to give the medallion?
3. In what type of store does Bastian hide from his classmates?
4. Atreyu and Falkor are caught in the crossfire of four of what sort of giants?
5. What happens to Falkor when he gives Auryn back to Atreyu?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Ivory Tower Like?
2. What is Cairon, the 500th doctor's mission?
3. Describe the book that Bastian finds in the store.
4. Describe how the Childlike Empress rules.
5. Describe Bastian's character in the prologue.
6. Describe the gates to the Southern Oracle.
7. Describe the scene when Atreyu returns from meeting with Uyulala.
8. Describe the death of Atreyu's horse, Artax.
9. What creature does Atreyu find chained in the ghost town and why does it tell him it is chained there?
10. How does Bastian feel about himself in the prologue?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)