|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is on the cover of the book Bastian reads?
2. Who dies in the Swamps of Sadness?
3. How is the store owner described?
4. What distracts the store owner shortly after Bastian arrives?
(a) the radio
(b) the telephone
(c) another customer entering
(d) the television
5. Bastian loves stories but is always sad when what happens during a story?
(a) Someone in the story dies.
(b) The story is too long.
(c) The story ends.
(d) Someone in the story makes a mistake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What startles Bastian, at the end of chapter 10?
2. When Falkor dives down to rescue Atreyu from the nothing, what happens tot heir skin?
3. A song of Atreyu's people says that it is better to die in the swamps than do what?
4. Where do the Tinies live?
5. As they gather a few floors below the pavilion, how many doctors have already assembled from all over Fantastica?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ygramul the Many?
2. What is the mission that the messengers of Fantastica are on, as the first chapter opens?
3. Why does Falkor suggest that they go to the Ivory Tower instead of trying to find the borders of Fantastica, after they leave the gnomes?
4. Describe how Bastian's attitude changes as he arrives at school.
5. What is Cairon, the 500th doctor's mission?
6. Describe the owner of the bookstore where Bastian hides.
7. Describe Atreyu's recurring dreams.
8. Describe the gates to the Southern Oracle.
9. What does the gnome tell Atreyu, in Chapter 5, after Atreyu is well?
10. What happens after Atreyu is transported to the Oracle?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)