|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the old alchemist and his wife?
2. What does Atreyu see when he awakens after being transported by the poison?
(a) an archway
(b) a huge ocean
(c) a deep canyon
(d) a forest
3. Who owns the store where Bastian hides?
(a) Mr. Miller
(b) Mr. Lavender
(c) Mr. Coreander
(d) Mr. Alexander
4. What is the store owner's middle name?
5. Where does Bastian hide once he is at school?
(a) in the attic
(b) on the roof
(c) in the closet
(d) in the basement
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Falkor when he gives Auryn back to Atreyu?
2. When does Atreyu's memory return?
3. How long does Falkor tell Atreyu that Atreyu was gone, after Atreyu returns from the gates?
4. What is the alchemist's name?
5. What does Bastian think about as the clock strikes one?
Short Essay Questions
1. As they travel towards the Ivory Tower without really knowing their destination, what does Atreyu begin to notice about Bastian?
2. Who are the Know-Nothings?
3. What is the Temple of a Thousand Doors and who tells Bastian about it?
4. What question does Atreyu ask the four Wind Giants and what happens as a result?
5. Describe how Bastian's attitude changes as he arrives at school.
6. What does the gnome tell Atreyu, in Chapter 5, after Atreyu is well?
7. What happens to Bastian when he returns the book?
8. What happens after Atreyu is transported to the Oracle?
9. What are the knights that Bastian meets, after he leaves the Temple, on their way to do?
10. What does Bastian find that the people of Amarganth like to do and what problem do they have with their hobby?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)