|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who lives on Tortoise Shell Mountain?
2. What does Bastian think about as the clock strikes one?
(a) where he will sleep
(b) whether or not his mother can see him
(c) going home and admitting his mistakes to his father
(d) where he will find his next meal
3. Snakes form an oval on the cover of the book by doing what?
(a) holding two halves of a medallion in their mouths
(b) biting each other's tails
(c) sticking out their tongues
(d) weaving together in a zig zag pattern
4. What is the store owner's first name?
5. Where do the Tinies live?
(a) in the dens of other animals
(b) in trees
(c) in the water
Short Answer Questions
1. Cairon, one of the doctors, returns from examining the Empress with a medallion called what around his neck?
2. What is the enemy of luckdragons?
3. What are the people of the Grassy Ocean known as?
4. What kind of snail does the tiny insist that his snail is?
5. What fact does Bastian learn about Atreyu that he can relate to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the mission that the messengers of Fantastica are on, as the first chapter opens?
2. Describe the death of Atreyu's horse, Artax.
3. What question does Atreyu ask the four Wind Giants and what happens as a result?
4. Who is Uyulala?
5. Why does Falkor suggest that they go to the Ivory Tower instead of trying to find the borders of Fantastica, after they leave the gnomes?
6. Describe the book that Bastian finds in the store.
7. Why does Bastian admit to Mr. Coreander that his schoolmates tease him?
8. Explain how the geography of Fantastica works.
9. How does Bastian think his father will react to Bastian's running away?
10. Describe the scene when Atreyu returns from meeting with Uyulala.
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)