|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Atreyu do in order to get his first sight of the nothing?
(a) climbs a tree
(b) puts on a special pair of glasses
(c) climbs a mountain
(d) goes into an open meadow
2. To reach Uyulala, one must pas through how many gates?
3. When Falkor dives down to rescue Atreyu from the nothing, what happens tot heir skin?
(a) The nothing sucks the color from it.
(b) The nothing turns it green.
(c) The nothing turns it black.
(d) The nothing turns it orange.
4. How quickly does the spider's poison work?
(a) within 2 hours
(b) within a minute
(c) within a day
(d) within an hour
5. In the attic, Bastian speaks to Atreyu under his breath and asks him what?
(a) how Bastian can make people believe in Fantastica
(b) how Fantastica can be saved
(c) how Atreyu can visit Bastian
(d) how Bastian can enter Fantastica
Short Answer Questions
1. What startles Bastian, at the end of chapter 10?
2. What is the name of the mythical land in the book?
3. When Atreyu awakens on the mountain, there is what a few steps away from them?
4. After they fly for days, where does Falkor suggest that they go?
5. The voice tells Atreyu that the creatures of Fantastica are just what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Cairon, the 500th doctor's mission?
2. Describe Bastian's character in the prologue.
3. Explain how the geography of Fantastica works.
4. Describe the death of Atreyu's horse, Artax.
5. How does Bastian feel about himself in the prologue?
6. What is Ygramul the Many?
7. What question does Atreyu ask the four Wind Giants and what happens as a result?
8. Describe Atreyu's encounter with Morla.
9. Explain why the book appeals to Bastian so much.
10. Describe the gates to the Southern Oracle.
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)