Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the store owner's middle name?
2. Bastian doesn't think his father will forgive him for what act?
(c) failing a class
(d) not doing his homework
3. How does Bastian feel about his home life?
(a) He feels like his daily routine is boring.
(b) He feels fabulous.
(c) He feels unloved.
(d) He feels like it is good, but could use a few changes.
4. After leaving the store, where does Bastian go?
(b) to a park
(c) to a friend's house
(d) to school
5. What is the store owner doing when Bastian enters the store?
(a) talking to a customer
(b) mopping the floor
(c) restocking a shelf
(d) reading a book
Short Answer Questions
1. Bastian sneaks out of the attic to do what, after he reads about the poisoning?
2. Who dies in the Swamps of Sadness?
3. Blubb has been sent to inform whom about the Nothing that is spreading?
4. Atreyu is so hungry in the deserted town that he does what?
5. Who decides which travelers pass through the first gate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the gates to the Southern Oracle.
2. What story does Bastian tell the people of Amarganth and how does it help them?
3. When Bastian is very hungry, after reading about Atreyu eating rotten food in the ghost town, describe who he thinks of and why.
4. How and where does Bastian find the Water of Life?
5. Describe Atreyu's meeting with the Empress.
6. Describe the image of Bastian, as the Empress sees him.
7. Who is Grograman and what is the relationship between him, Perilin and Goab?
8. What does the gnome tell Atreyu, in Chapter 5, after Atreyu is well?
9. Who are the Know-Nothings?
10. Describe Bastian's reunion with his father.
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)