|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In order to escape his day-to-day life, Bastian does what?
(a) disguises his appearance
(b) escapes by reading the book
(c) changes his name
(d) goes to live with a friend
2. What startles Bastian, at the end of chapter 10?
(a) He sees Falkor.
(b) Thunder booms outside.
(c) He is caught hiding in the attic.
(d) He sees the Empress.
3. Who is trapped in the giant spider web?
(d) a luckdragon
4. What does Bastian do once he is safely hidden in the school.
(a) He begins to read.
(b) He writes a letter.
(c) He listens to music.
(d) He eats his lunch.
5. What is the store owner doing when Bastian enters the store?
(a) talking to a customer
(b) restocking a shelf
(c) mopping the floor
(d) reading a book
Short Answer Questions
1. Cairon, one of the doctors, returns from examining the Empress with a medallion called what around his neck?
2. What does Bastian think about as the clock strikes one?
3. What is the tower city shaped like?
4. Where is Atreyu approached by bark trolls?
5. Bastian sneaks out of the attic to do what, after he reads about the poisoning?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene when Atreyu returns from meeting with Uyulala.
2. Describe the book that Bastian finds in the store.
3. Explain how the geography of Fantastica works.
4. Describe how the Childlike Empress rules.
5. What is the Ivory Tower Like?
6. Why does Bastian admit to Mr. Coreander that his schoolmates tease him?
7. How does Bastian think his father will react to Bastian's running away?
8. What is Cairon, the 500th doctor's mission?
9. What happens after Atreyu is transported to the Oracle?
10. Explain how Bastian winds up with the book in his possession.
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)