|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bastian say that the other children like to tease him?
(a) He is ugly.
(b) He is too tall.
(c) He makes up stories.
(d) He stutters.
2. A song of Atreyu's people says that it is better to die in the swamps than do what?
(a) remain alive
(b) abandon your friends
(c) enter the Dead Mountains
(d) lose your way once you pass them
3. How is the store owner described?
4. To reach Uyulala, one must pas through how many gates?
5. What is the enemy of luckdragons?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Falkor when he gives Auryn back to Atreyu?
2. How does Bastian think his father will take Bastian's leaving?
3. What do travelers see in the Magic Mirror at the second gate?
4. Who lives on Tortoise Shell Mountain?
5. Atreyu is so hungry in the deserted town that he does what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ygramul the Many?
2. Describe Atreyu's recurring dreams.
3. What question does Atreyu ask the four Wind Giants and what happens as a result?
4. Describe the owner of the bookstore where Bastian hides.
5. Why does Falkor suggest that they go to the Ivory Tower instead of trying to find the borders of Fantastica, after they leave the gnomes?
6. Describe the death of Atreyu's horse, Artax.
7. What is the mission that the messengers of Fantastica are on, as the first chapter opens?
8. What is the Ivory Tower Like?
9. Describe the book that Bastian finds in the store.
10. Describe Bastian's character in the prologue.
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)