|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who lives on Tortoise Shell Mountain?
2. Bastian sneaks out of the attic to do what, after he reads about the poisoning?
(a) find food
(b) hide somewhere else to read more
(c) see a friend
(d) go to the bathroom
3. When Atreyu falls from Falkor's back, what happens?
(a) Atreyu is caught by a giant bat.
(b) Atreyu breaks his leg.
(c) Atreyu is rescued by an invisible spirit.
(d) Atreyu washes up on a beach.
4. Atreyu is so hungry in the deserted town that he does what?
(a) eats poisonous berries
(b) eats grass
(c) eats rotten food
(d) eats a strange fruit
5. What are the old alchemist and his wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the people of the Grassy Ocean known as?
2. Where does the Childlike Empress live?
3. When Falkor dives down to rescue Atreyu from the nothing, what happens tot heir skin?
4. Who decides which travelers pass through the first gate?
5. What does Atreyu do in order to get his first sight of the nothing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the owner of the bookstore where Bastian hides.
2. What does the gnome tell Atreyu, in Chapter 5, after Atreyu is well?
3. What question does Atreyu ask the four Wind Giants and what happens as a result?
4. Explain how Bastian's father became so distant.
5. What is Cairon, the 500th doctor's mission?
6. Describe the gates to the Southern Oracle.
7. Describe Atreyu's recurring dreams.
8. Describe the scene when Atreyu returns from meeting with Uyulala.
9. How does Bastian think his father will react to Bastian's running away?
10. Why does Falkor suggest that they go to the Ivory Tower instead of trying to find the borders of Fantastica, after they leave the gnomes?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)