|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dies in the Swamps of Sadness?
2. How is Bastian's father's outlook and attitude described in the prologue?
(a) He is too busy for Bastian.
(b) He is the same as he always was.
(c) He is a shell of his former self.
(d) He is too happy compared to how he used to be.
3. What is the enemy of luckdragons?
4. What is the store owner's middle name?
5. Who is trapped in the giant spider web?
(b) a luckdragon
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Atreyu's memory return?
2. What magical power does the spider's poison have?
3. What is Bastian's middle name?
4. What distracts the store owner shortly after Bastian arrives?
5. To whom has Cairon has been asked to give the medallion?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the book that Bastian finds in the store.
2. Describe Atreyu's recurring dreams.
3. Explain why the book appeals to Bastian so much.
4. Describe the owner of the bookstore where Bastian hides.
5. What is the Ivory Tower Like?
6. What is Ygramul the Many?
7. Describe the death of Atreyu's horse, Artax.
8. Describe how the Childlike Empress rules.
9. Why does Bastian admit to Mr. Coreander that his schoolmates tease him?
10. Explain how Bastian winds up with the book in his possession.
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)