|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What startles Bastian, at the end of chapter 10?
(a) He is caught hiding in the attic.
(b) Thunder booms outside.
(c) He sees the Empress.
(d) He sees Falkor.
2. What happens to Falkor when he gives Auryn back to Atreyu?
(a) He turns intot he Empress.
(b) He disappears.
(c) He collapses.
(d) He flies away.
3. What do travelers see in the Magic Mirror at the second gate?
(a) their true selves
(b) their exact opposite
(c) horrible monsters
(d) their worst nightmares
4. How old is Bastian when the book opens?
5. Cairon, one of the doctors, returns from examining the Empress with a medallion called what around his neck?
Short Answer Questions
1. To reach Uyulala, one must pas through how many gates?
2. Atreyu and Falkor are caught in the crossfire of four of what sort of giants?
3. To whom has Cairon has been asked to give the medallion?
4. How long does Falkor tell Atreyu that Atreyu was gone, after Atreyu returns from the gates?
5. Bastian's day-to-day life is what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bastian finally speak Moon Child's name?
2. What creature does Atreyu find chained in the ghost town and why does it tell him it is chained there?
3. What happens on the day of the coronation?
4. Who is Grograman and what is the relationship between him, Perilin and Goab?
5. What does Bastian find that the people of Amarganth like to do and what problem do they have with their hobby?
6. Describe the scene when Atreyu returns from meeting with Uyulala.
7. How does Bastian feel about himself in the prologue?
8. Describe how Bastian's wish for wisdom backfires on him.
9. What happens to Bastian when he returns the book?
10. Explain how the geography of Fantastica works.
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)