|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bastian feels like his father pays no attention to him ever since his mother died because of what?
(a) a car accident
(b) a plane crash
(c) a boat sinking
(d) an operation
2. What is the store owner doing when Bastian enters the store?
(a) reading a book
(b) mopping the floor
(c) talking to a customer
(d) restocking a shelf
3. What does Atreyu see when he awakens after being transported by the poison?
(a) a forest
(b) a huge ocean
(c) a deep canyon
(d) an archway
4. What happens to Falkor when he gives Auryn back to Atreyu?
(a) He turns intot he Empress.
(b) He flies away.
(c) He disappears.
(d) He collapses.
5. In the hallway of columns, a voice asks Atreyu to do what?
(a) leave at once
(b) speak in rhymes
(c) come closer
(d) sing to it
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Anna?
2. What does Bastian do once he is safely hidden in the school.
3. Bastian sneaks out of the attic to do what, after he reads about the poisoning?
4. What does Atreyu learn that the Childlike Empress needs, when he is in the Swamps?
5. Atreyu is so hungry in the deserted town that he does what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bastian wonder, when he finds himself back in the schoolhouse attic?
2. Describe how the Childlike Empress rules.
3. What question does Atreyu ask the four Wind Giants and what happens as a result?
4. Describe the owner of the bookstore where Bastian hides.
5. Why does Bastian finally speak Moon Child's name?
6. Describe Atreyu's meeting with the Empress.
7. What is Ygramul the Many?
8. What is the Temple of a Thousand Doors and who tells Bastian about it?
9. What is the mission that the messengers of Fantastica are on, as the first chapter opens?
10. Describe how Bastian's wish for wisdom backfires on him.
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)