|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Golden-eyed Commander of Wishes?
(c) The Childlike Empress
2. What is the store owner's middle name?
3. Who is the voice?
(d) the sphinx
4. What does Bastian do when he realizes that he has used up his food?
(a) returns to the book to forget about it
(b) gives up and goes home
(c) sneaks to the store to get more
(d) sneaks down into the school to find more
5. After leaving the store, where does Bastian go?
(b) to school
(c) to a friend's house
(d) to a park
Short Answer Questions
1. After they fly for days, where does Falkor suggest that they go?
2. Why does Bastian say that the other children like to tease him?
3. Who dies in the Swamps of Sadness?
4. What news does the tiny give the night-hob about the Childlike Empress?
5. In the hallway of columns, a voice asks Atreyu to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Bastian's father became so distant.
2. What is the Ivory Tower Like?
3. How does Bastian think his father will react to Bastian's running away?
4. Describe how the Childlike Empress rules.
5. Explain why the book appeals to Bastian so much.
6. Describe the death of Atreyu's horse, Artax.
7. What is the mission that the messengers of Fantastica are on, as the first chapter opens?
8. Describe Atreyu's encounter with Morla.
9. Who is Uyulala?
10. Why does Bastian admit to Mr. Coreander that his schoolmates tease him?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)