|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the tower city shaped like?
(a) a magnolia blossom
(b) a snail shell
(c) a mountain peak
(d) a giant bear
2. What is the name of the book that Bastian reads?
(a) The Neverending Story
(b) The Forever Story
(c) The Unending Story
(d) The Perpetual Story
3. Bastian decides to run away for how long?
(a) until his father forgives him
(b) for a week
(c) for a year
4. Who is trapped in the giant spider web?
(b) a luckdragon
5. Bastian sneaks out of the attic to do what, after he reads about the poisoning?
(a) hide somewhere else to read more
(b) see a friend
(c) find food
(d) go to the bathroom
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bastian's last name?
2. In the hallway of columns, a voice asks Atreyu to do what?
3. What does Bastian steal from the store?
4. In the attic, Bastian speaks to Atreyu under his breath and asks him what?
5. Why does Bastian say that the other children like to tease him?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Bastian is very hungry, after reading about Atreyu eating rotten food in the ghost town, describe who he thinks of and why.
2. What is the Ivory Tower Like?
3. How does Bastian think his father will react to Bastian's running away?
4. What happens after Atreyu is transported to the Oracle?
5. Why does Falkor suggest that they go to the Ivory Tower instead of trying to find the borders of Fantastica, after they leave the gnomes?
6. Why does Bastian admit to Mr. Coreander that his schoolmates tease him?
7. What is the mission that the messengers of Fantastica are on, as the first chapter opens?
8. Who is Uyulala?
9. Describe Atreyu's encounter with Morla.
10. Explain why the book appeals to Bastian so much.
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)