|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As they gather a few floors below the pavilion, how many doctors have already assembled from all over Fantastica?
2. How long does Falkor tell Atreyu that Atreyu was gone, after Atreyu returns from the gates?
(a) three weeks
(b) three days
(c) a week
(d) a day
3. What does Atreyu learn that the Childlike Empress needs, when he is in the Swamps?
(a) a new dress
(b) a new name
(c) a medicine that can only be found deep in the swamp
(d) a special herb tea
4. Bastian decides to run away for how long?
(a) for a week
(b) for a year
(c) until his father forgives him
5. After leaving the store, where does Bastian go?
(a) to a park
(c) to a friend's house
(d) to school
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bastian do once he is safely hidden in the school.
2. Who is trapped in the giant spider web?
3. What is the name of the creature who owns the web?
4. What are the people of the Grassy Ocean known as?
5. What does Atreyu tell Falkor he wants to bring with him when he sees the Empress?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ygramul the Many?
2. What happens to Xayide and Bastian's army when they reach the City of Old Emperors?
3. Explain how the geography of Fantastica works.
4. Explain what Bastian tells his father that Bastian must do before they can enjoy their reunion and how his father reacts to it.
5. What happens on the day of the coronation?
6. Describe how the Childlike Empress rules.
7. Who is Uyulala?
8. Why does Bastian get rid of his mule, Yikka and how does he try to make it up to her?
9. How does Bastian think his father will react to Bastian's running away?
10. What are the knights that Bastian meets, after he leaves the Temple, on their way to do?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)