|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who admits to Atreyu that they knew how to save the Empress before Atreyu went on his quest?
(b) The Empress
2. How does the Empress say that Atreyu called the savior to Fantastica?
(a) by shouting
(b) by crying
(c) through brave deeds
(d) with the Auryn
3. Bastian finds a picture of a man encased in a wall of what?
4. Atreyu wakes up after The Princess leaves, and finds himself where?
(a) on a mountain
(b) in the Grassy Ocean
(c) in a cave
(d) in the real world
5. How many days away is Bastian's coronation when Xayide convinces him to take over as the Childlike Emperor?
6. What does Bastian name the desert that he creates?
7. What does Bastian do with Sikandra?
(a) gives it to Argax
(b) breaks it in half
(c) buries it
(d) throws it in the sea
8. Who is Querquobad?
(a) a knight that dies in the tournament
(b) a pet that belongs to the princess of Amarganth
(c) the ruler of Amarganth
(d) a captain who agrees to take Bastian and Atreyu away on a boat and help them
9. What does the back of the Auryn say?
(a) Wish with your heart.
(b) May your wishes come true.
(c) Wish with care.
(d) Do what you wish.
10. Why do many Fantasticans join Bastian and the group on their journey to the Ivory Tower?
(a) Everyone is lsot and confused, since Bastian keeps changing Fantastica.
(b) Everyone wants to see Moon Child.
(c) Everyone wants to see Atreyu.
(d) Everyone wants Bastian's help with something.
11. What does Bastian learn about Moon Child when he finally reaches the tower?
(a) She is Xayide.
(b) She is missing.
(c) She is dead.
(d) She is refusing to see anyone.
12. What is the name of the blue Djinn?
13. How does Bastian plan to impress Atreyu?
(a) by recreating Fantastica better than it was before
(b) by telling great stories
(c) by killing a monster
(d) by taking Atreyu to the real world
14. When Bastian learns that the Amarganthians are storytellers, how does he help them?
(a) He tells them stories of his life back home.
(b) He tells a story about a public library full of books, which comes true.
(c) He writes down all the stories that he can remember.
(d) He asks Falkor to use his luck to allow them to create new stories.
15. Why doesn't Bastian call out the Princess' new name immediately?
(a) He does not believe the Fantasticans can really see or hear him.
(b) He is afraid he will be a disappointment.
(c) He is caught hiding in the attic.
(d) He has a sore throat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of animal advises Bastian about the residents of the strange town?
2. What wish finally gets Bastian out of The Temple?
3. Who is Xayide?
4. How does Bastian escape the Shlamoofs?
5. Which of the following is not a name of a knight that Bastian meets after he leaves the temple?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)