|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bastian wish to see again?
(a) the bullie that made fun of him
(b) Moon Child
(c) his father
(d) his mother
2. Atreyu realizes that the Auryn seems to work differently for humans and is doing what to Bastian?
(a) causing him to fear everything
(b) changing him into a tiny
(c) causing him to forget things
(d) turning him into a monster
3. What is the name of the blue Djinn?
4. Dame Eyola tells Bastian that if he wants to get home, he must find what?
(a) The Well of Life
(b) The Tree of Life
(c) The Water of Life
(d) The Fruit of Life
5. How does Bastian plan to impress Atreyu?
(a) by killing a monster
(b) by telling great stories
(c) by recreating Fantastica better than it was before
(d) by taking Atreyu to the real world
6. How is the picture that Bastian finds destroyed?
(a) Falkor and Atreyu shatter it.
(b) Yor steps on it.
(c) The Shlamoofs harass him and it is broken.
(d) Bastian accidentally drops it off a cliff.
7. Why doesn't Bastian call out the Princess' new name immediately?
(a) He does not believe the Fantasticans can really see or hear him.
(b) He has a sore throat.
(c) He is caught hiding in the attic.
(d) He is afraid he will be a disappointment.
8. Why is the group getting nowhere and traveling in circles?
(a) They keep arguing about what direction to go in.
(b) Falkor has told Bastian not to continue on or Fantastica will disappear.
(c) Bastian is deliberately leading them in circles.
(d) Bastian has stopped making wishes.
9. What is the first thing in Fantastica that Bastian recreates?
(b) The Ivory Tower
(c) The Grassy Ocean
(d) The Swamp of Sadness
10. Atreyu does what to cheer Bastian up, after Bastian's attempt to help the Acharis fails?
(a) He plays a game with Bastian.
(b) He lets Bastian ride Falkor.
(c) He tells Bastian about his life in the Grassy Ocean.
(d) He tells Bastian that he is not the only one to make such mistakes.
11. How does Bastian escape the Shlamoofs?
(a) Blubb rescues him.
(b) Atreyu and Falkor rescue him.
(c) Moon Child rescues him.
(d) The Shlamoofs leave on their own after a while.
12. When Bastian learns that the Amarganthians are storytellers, how does he help them?
(a) He asks Falkor to use his luck to allow them to create new stories.
(b) He tells a story about a public library full of books, which comes true.
(c) He tells them stories of his life back home.
(d) He writes down all the stories that he can remember.
13. Whose story does Dame Eyola tell Bastian?
(a) Artax's story
(b) Argax's story
(c) Bastian's own story
(d) Atreyu's story
14. What is Yikka?
(a) a food
(b) a tribal dance of the Argamanthians
(c) a city
(d) a mule
15. Who does Atreyu declare is the winner fo the tournament?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the people who think communally and help Bastian cross the sea?
2. What sort of animal advises Bastian about the residents of the strange town?
3. Xayide claims that her will is strong enough to do what?
4. What does the back of the Auryn say?
5. Why does Bastain banish Atreyu from his company?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)