|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Querquobad?
(a) a captain who agrees to take Bastian and Atreyu away on a boat and help them
(b) a pet that belongs to the princess of Amarganth
(c) a knight that dies in the tournament
(d) the ruler of Amarganth
2. What is Yikka's impossible wish?
(a) to have children
(b) to turn into a woman
(c) to leave Fantastica
(d) to go to the human world
3. Who does Atreyu declare is the winner fo the tournament?
4. What does the Empress ask the Old Man to do?
(a) write a new end to the book
(b) give her the book
(c) read the book
(d) burn the book
5. How does Xayide die?
(a) She falls into the Sea of Mists.
(b) Bastian's army shoots her with poison arrows.
(c) She burns and becomes a pile of ash all of a sudden.
(d) Her metal giants trample her.
6. What does Bastian learn about Moon Child when he finally reaches the tower?
(a) She is Xayide.
(b) She is refusing to see anyone.
(c) She is missing.
(d) She is dead.
7. What grows from Dame Eyola's body?
(c) magic wings
(d) wish bubbles
8. What does Yor, the blind miner, mine?
9. Atreyu does what to cheer Bastian up, after Bastian's attempt to help the Acharis fails?
(a) He tells Bastian about his life in the Grassy Ocean.
(b) He tells Bastian that he is not the only one to make such mistakes.
(c) He lets Bastian ride Falkor.
(d) He plays a game with Bastian.
10. When Bastian learns that the Amarganthians are storytellers, how does he help them?
(a) He writes down all the stories that he can remember.
(b) He tells them stories of his life back home.
(c) He asks Falkor to use his luck to allow them to create new stories.
(d) He tells a story about a public library full of books, which comes true.
11. Falkor is too sad to do what?
(a) believe in luck
12. What sort of animal advises Bastian about the residents of the strange town?
13. Why do many Fantasticans join Bastian and the group on their journey to the Ivory Tower?
(a) Everyone is lsot and confused, since Bastian keeps changing Fantastica.
(b) Everyone wants to see Atreyu.
(c) Everyone wants to see Moon Child.
(d) Everyone wants Bastian's help with something.
14. What is Sikandra?
(a) a sword
(b) a forest
(c) a desert
(d) a shield
15. What does The Empress tell Bastian to do in order to recreate Fantastica?
(a) read the book backwards
(b) make wishes
(c) return the book to the book store
(d) write a new ending to the book
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bastian escape the Shlamoofs?
2. What does Bastian do to mark the fact that he passed through the desert?
3. Where does Dame Eyola live?
4. What are the residents of the strange town called?
5. What is Yikka?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)