|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bastian do to mark the fact that he passed through the desert?
(a) He marks his initials in the sand.
(b) He wishes a tree to stand permanently in the desert.
(c) He takes a handful of sand with him.
(d) He leaves a piece of clothing behind.
2. Which of the following is not a name of a knight that Bastian meets after he leaves the temple?
3. What wish finally gets Bastian out of The Temple?
(a) He wishes to return home and reconcile with his father.
(b) He wishes to meet Atreyu and be friends.
(c) He wishes to return to the attic.
(d) He wishes The Temple would disappear.
4. Atreyu realizes that the Auryn seems to work differently for humans and is doing what to Bastian?
(a) turning him into a monster
(b) causing him to fear everything
(c) causing him to forget things
(d) changing him into a tiny
5. What does The Empress tell Bastian to do in order to recreate Fantastica?
(a) write a new ending to the book
(b) return the book to the book store
(c) read the book backwards
(d) make wishes
6. As the clock strikes 12, Bastian calls out the Empress' name and what happens?
(a) The Empress arrives in the attic.
(b) An egg opens.
(c) Atreyu arrives in the attic.
(d) Lightening strikes the attic.
7. How does Bastian plan to impress Atreyu?
(a) by taking Atreyu to the real world
(b) by telling great stories
(c) by recreating Fantastica better than it was before
(d) by killing a monster
8. What does Bastian name the desert that he creates?
9. Bastian regrets creating what, as the travelers see destruction on their way to The Ivory Tower?
(a) a great storm
(b) a desert
(c) a dragon
(d) a forest
10. Who is Xayide?
(a) an evil wizard
(b) a good witch
(c) a wicked witch
(d) a good wizard
11. What is the first thing in Fantastica that Bastian recreates?
(a) The Grassy Ocean
(b) The Swamp of Sadness
(d) The Ivory Tower
12. Xayide claims that her will is strong enough to do what?
(a) control the people of Fantastica
(b) destroy Fantastica
(c) control any empty vessel
(d) control the weather
13. How is Bastiana nd Atreyu's friendship sealed?
(a) They both listen to Falkor's song.
(b) They both share a meal.
(c) They both save each other from drowning.
(d) They both slay a great beast together.
14. What are the residents of the strange town called?
15. How many days away is Bastian's coronation when Xayide convinces him to take over as the Childlike Emperor?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Grograman at night?
2. Who admits to Atreyu that they knew how to save the Empress before Atreyu went on his quest?
3. What type of animal is the Many-Colored Death?
4. In Yor's Minroud, Bastian must find what?
5. How is the picture that Bastian finds destroyed?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)