|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the blue Djinn?
2. Why is the group getting nowhere and traveling in circles?
(a) Bastian has stopped making wishes.
(b) Bastian is deliberately leading them in circles.
(c) Falkor has told Bastian not to continue on or Fantastica will disappear.
(d) They keep arguing about what direction to go in.
3. What is the name of the people who think communally and help Bastian cross the sea?
(a) The Slkyari
(b) The Yskalnari
(c) The Valskyri
(d) The Yalgarnsi
4. What does The Empress tell Bastian to do in order to recreate Fantastica?
(a) read the book backwards
(b) write a new ending to the book
(c) make wishes
(d) return the book to the book store
5. What is the first thing in Fantastica that Bastian recreates?
(a) The Swamp of Sadness
(b) The Grassy Ocean
(c) The Ivory Tower
6. Bastian regrets creating what, as the travelers see destruction on their way to The Ivory Tower?
(a) a dragon
(b) a desert
(c) a great storm
(d) a forest
7. What does Bastian learn about Moon Child when he finally reaches the tower?
(a) She is Xayide.
(b) She is missing.
(c) She is dead.
(d) She is refusing to see anyone.
8. Why does Bastian stall their arrival at the Ivory Tower?
(a) He is afraid that Moon Child will send him home.
(b) He is afraid that he will be unable to see Moon Child again.
(c) He is afraid he will lose the Auryn.
(d) He is afraid his friends will leave him.
9. What does Bastian name the desert that he creates?
10. How does Bastian escape the Shlamoofs?
(a) Moon Child rescues him.
(b) Blubb rescues him.
(c) The Shlamoofs leave on their own after a while.
(d) Atreyu and Falkor rescue him.
11. When Bastian learns that the Amarganthians are storytellers, how does he help them?
(a) He tells them stories of his life back home.
(b) He tells a story about a public library full of books, which comes true.
(c) He asks Falkor to use his luck to allow them to create new stories.
(d) He writes down all the stories that he can remember.
12. Atreyu does what to cheer Bastian up, after Bastian's attempt to help the Acharis fails?
(a) He tells Bastian about his life in the Grassy Ocean.
(b) He tells Bastian that he is not the only one to make such mistakes.
(c) He plays a game with Bastian.
(d) He lets Bastian ride Falkor.
13. What does the Empress ask the Old Man to do?
(a) give her the book
(b) write a new end to the book
(c) burn the book
(d) read the book
14. How does Bastian plan to impress Atreyu?
(a) by killing a monster
(b) by telling great stories
(c) by taking Atreyu to the real world
(d) by recreating Fantastica better than it was before
15. The party enters a field full of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who guards Bastian's tent at night?
2. What warning does Grograman give Bastian about the Temple?
3. Who is Xayide?
4. What is Sikandra?
5. Grograman tells Bastian about The Temple of how many doors?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)