|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bastian stall their arrival at the Ivory Tower?
(a) He is afraid his friends will leave him.
(b) He is afraid that he will be unable to see Moon Child again.
(c) He is afraid he will lose the Auryn.
(d) He is afraid that Moon Child will send him home.
2. What does Yor, the blind miner, mine?
3. What are the Acharis later called?
4. What wish finally gets Bastian out of The Temple?
(a) He wishes The Temple would disappear.
(b) He wishes to return to the attic.
(c) He wishes to meet Atreyu and be friends.
(d) He wishes to return home and reconcile with his father.
5. Who admits to Atreyu that they knew how to save the Empress before Atreyu went on his quest?
(b) The Empress
6. Who does Bastian wish to see again?
(a) his mother
(b) the bullie that made fun of him
(c) his father
(d) Moon Child
7. Who guards Bastian's tent at night?
(d) the blue djinn
8. What are the residents of the strange town called?
9. Who is Querquobad?
(a) a captain who agrees to take Bastian and Atreyu away on a boat and help them
(b) a pet that belongs to the princess of Amarganth
(c) the ruler of Amarganth
(d) a knight that dies in the tournament
10. What does The Empress tell Bastian to do in order to recreate Fantastica?
(a) read the book backwards
(b) return the book to the book store
(c) make wishes
(d) write a new ending to the book
11. What type of animal is the Many-Colored Death?
(a) a tiger
(b) a wolf
(c) a dragon
(d) a lion
12. Where does Dame Eyola live?
(a) The House of Caring
(b) The House of Change
(c) The House of Chance
(d) The House of Courage
13. What is the name of the blue Djinn?
14. Why does Bastian admit that he waited so long to help the Empress?
(a) He didn't want to get trapped in Fantastica.
(b) He didn't realize that he was the savior of Fantastica.
(c) He was afraid that she wouldn't like how he looked.
(d) He couldn't think of a good new name for The Empress.
15. Where does The Old Man live?
(a) The Mountain of Destiny
(b) The Cavern of Destiny
(c) The Cavern of Triumph
(d) The Mountain of Triumph
Short Answer Questions
1. Xayide claims that her will is strong enough to do what?
2. How many days away is Bastian's coronation when Xayide convinces him to take over as the Childlike Emperor?
3. Bastian finds a picture of a man encased in a wall of what?
4. Who lives in the Star Cloister?
5. What is the first thing in Fantastica that Bastian recreates?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)