|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of animal is the Many-Colored Death?
(a) a lion
(b) a dragon
(c) a tiger
(d) a wolf
2. Where does Dame Eyola live?
(a) The House of Caring
(b) The House of Chance
(c) The House of Change
(d) The House of Courage
3. Who is Querquobad?
(a) a knight that dies in the tournament
(b) the ruler of Amarganth
(c) a pet that belongs to the princess of Amarganth
(d) a captain who agrees to take Bastian and Atreyu away on a boat and help them
4. Bastian's silence leaves The Princess no choice but to do what?
(a) have Atreyu go to the real world on her behalf
(b) visit the Old Man of Wandering Mountain
(c) visit Bastian in the real world
(d) die because she has no new name
5. How is Bastiana nd Atreyu's friendship sealed?
(a) They both slay a great beast together.
(b) They both share a meal.
(c) They both listen to Falkor's song.
(d) They both save each other from drowning.
6. Why do many Fantasticans join Bastian and the group on their journey to the Ivory Tower?
(a) Everyone wants Bastian's help with something.
(b) Everyone is lsot and confused, since Bastian keeps changing Fantastica.
(c) Everyone wants to see Atreyu.
(d) Everyone wants to see Moon Child.
7. Why does Bastian stall their arrival at the Ivory Tower?
(a) He is afraid that Moon Child will send him home.
(b) He is afraid his friends will leave him.
(c) He is afraid he will lose the Auryn.
(d) He is afraid that he will be unable to see Moon Child again.
8. Xayide claims that her will is strong enough to do what?
(a) control any empty vessel
(b) control the people of Fantastica
(c) destroy Fantastica
(d) control the weather
9. What does Bastian learn about Moon Child when he finally reaches the tower?
(a) She is missing.
(b) She is dead.
(c) She is Xayide.
(d) She is refusing to see anyone.
10. How is the picture that Bastian finds destroyed?
(a) Falkor and Atreyu shatter it.
(b) The Shlamoofs harass him and it is broken.
(c) Bastian accidentally drops it off a cliff.
(d) Yor steps on it.
11. Who can make a new start to the book?
(a) a human
(b) The Empress
(c) a tiny
(d) a luckdragon
12. How does Bastian plan to impress Atreyu?
(a) by taking Atreyu to the real world
(b) by recreating Fantastica better than it was before
(c) by telling great stories
(d) by killing a monster
13. Who is Xayide?
(a) a good witch
(b) a good wizard
(c) an evil wizard
(d) a wicked witch
14. What does Bastian do to cheer up the Acharis?
(a) He turns them into butterflies.
(b) He makes them beautiful.
(c) He wishes for a great palace of their own, which thena appears.
(d) He turns them into talking flowers.
15. How does the Empress say that Atreyu called the savior to Fantastica?
(a) by crying
(b) by shouting
(c) with the Auryn
(d) through brave deeds
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bastian do to mark the fact that he passed through the desert?
2. What does Bastian name the desert that he creates?
3. Bastian regrets creating what, as the travelers see destruction on their way to The Ivory Tower?
4. Grograman tells Bastian about The Temple of how many doors?
5. If Bastian loses his memory entirely, what will happen?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)