|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Bastian learns that the Amarganthians are storytellers, how does he help them?
(a) He tells them stories of his life back home.
(b) He writes down all the stories that he can remember.
(c) He asks Falkor to use his luck to allow them to create new stories.
(d) He tells a story about a public library full of books, which comes true.
2. Why does Bastian admit that he waited so long to help the Empress?
(a) He didn't realize that he was the savior of Fantastica.
(b) He couldn't think of a good new name for The Empress.
(c) He was afraid that she wouldn't like how he looked.
(d) He didn't want to get trapped in Fantastica.
3. What is Yikka?
(a) a tribal dance of the Argamanthians
(b) a food
(c) a mule
(d) a city
4. How is the picture that Bastian finds destroyed?
(a) Yor steps on it.
(b) Falkor and Atreyu shatter it.
(c) Bastian accidentally drops it off a cliff.
(d) The Shlamoofs harass him and it is broken.
5. Who does Bastian wish to see again?
(a) Moon Child
(b) his mother
(c) his father
(d) the bullie that made fun of him
6. Who lives in the Star Cloister?
(a) The Monks of Mercy
(b) The Priest of Pride
(c) The Monks of Knowledge
(d) The Priests of Punishment
7. Atreyu realizes that the Auryn seems to work differently for humans and is doing what to Bastian?
(a) turning him into a monster
(b) causing him to fear everything
(c) changing him into a tiny
(d) causing him to forget things
8. What is the name of the people who think communally and help Bastian cross the sea?
(a) The Yskalnari
(b) The Slkyari
(c) The Valskyri
(d) The Yalgarnsi
9. Why is the group getting nowhere and traveling in circles?
(a) Falkor has told Bastian not to continue on or Fantastica will disappear.
(b) Bastian is deliberately leading them in circles.
(c) Bastian has stopped making wishes.
(d) They keep arguing about what direction to go in.
10. Bastian regrets creating what, as the travelers see destruction on their way to The Ivory Tower?
(a) a dragon
(b) a forest
(c) a desert
(d) a great storm
11. Bastian's silence leaves The Princess no choice but to do what?
(a) visit the Old Man of Wandering Mountain
(b) have Atreyu go to the real world on her behalf
(c) die because she has no new name
(d) visit Bastian in the real world
12. In Yor's Minroud, Bastian must find what?
(a) a picture of someone to love
(b) a picture of himself
(c) a picture of Atreyu
(d) a picture of someone to hate
13. Where does The Old Man live?
(a) The Cavern of Destiny
(b) The Cavern of Triumph
(c) The Mountain of Triumph
(d) The Mountain of Destiny
14. What does Bastian do to mark the fact that he passed through the desert?
(a) He leaves a piece of clothing behind.
(b) He marks his initials in the sand.
(c) He takes a handful of sand with him.
(d) He wishes a tree to stand permanently in the desert.
15. Who can make a new start to the book?
(a) a tiny
(b) The Empress
(c) a luckdragon
(d) a human
Short Answer Questions
1. What wish finally gets Bastian out of The Temple?
2. Bastian and Grograman enjoy doing what in the sand?
3. How does Xayide die?
4. Who does Atreyu declare is the winner fo the tournament?
5. What does The Empress tell Bastian to do in order to recreate Fantastica?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)