|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bastian do with Sikandra?
(a) breaks it in half
(b) buries it
(c) gives it to Argax
(d) throws it in the sea
2. Why does Bastian stall their arrival at the Ivory Tower?
(a) He is afraid he will lose the Auryn.
(b) He is afraid that Moon Child will send him home.
(c) He is afraid that he will be unable to see Moon Child again.
(d) He is afraid his friends will leave him.
3. When Bastian explains the meaning of Grograman's existence, Grograman gives him what in exchange?
(a) some food
(b) an amulet
(c) a sword
(d) a ring
4. What are the Acharis later called?
5. In Yor's Minroud, Bastian must find what?
(a) a picture of himself
(b) a picture of Atreyu
(c) a picture of someone to love
(d) a picture of someone to hate
6. Grograman tells Bastian about The Temple of how many doors?
(a) ten thousand
(b) five hundred
(c) a thousand
(d) a hundred
7. Why does Bastian admit that he waited so long to help the Empress?
(a) He was afraid that she wouldn't like how he looked.
(b) He couldn't think of a good new name for The Empress.
(c) He didn't realize that he was the savior of Fantastica.
(d) He didn't want to get trapped in Fantastica.
8. Dame Eyola tells Bastian that if he wants to get home, he must find what?
(a) The Tree of Life
(b) The Water of Life
(c) The Fruit of Life
(d) The Well of Life
9. Bastian and Grograman enjoy doing what in the sand?
(c) chasing each other
(d) sunning themselves
10. What happens to Grograman at night?
(a) He disappears.
(b) He turns to ice.
(c) He turns into a dove.
(d) He turns to stone.
11. Bastian's silence leaves The Princess no choice but to do what?
(a) visit the Old Man of Wandering Mountain
(b) die because she has no new name
(c) visit Bastian in the real world
(d) have Atreyu go to the real world on her behalf
12. What does Bastian do to mark the fact that he passed through the desert?
(a) He leaves a piece of clothing behind.
(b) He wishes a tree to stand permanently in the desert.
(c) He marks his initials in the sand.
(d) He takes a handful of sand with him.
13. What is the first thing in Fantastica that Bastian recreates?
(a) The Grassy Ocean
(b) The Ivory Tower
(c) The Swamp of Sadness
14. How many suits of armor attack the travelers?
15. How is Bastiana nd Atreyu's friendship sealed?
(a) They both save each other from drowning.
(b) They both listen to Falkor's song.
(c) They both slay a great beast together.
(d) They both share a meal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do many Fantasticans join Bastian and the group on their journey to the Ivory Tower?
2. What is Yikka?
3. Why is the group getting nowhere and traveling in circles?
4. What does the Empress ask the Old Man to do?
5. Who does Atreyu declare is the winner fo the tournament?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)