|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do many Fantasticans join Bastian and the group on their journey to the Ivory Tower?
(a) Everyone wants Bastian's help with something.
(b) Everyone is lsot and confused, since Bastian keeps changing Fantastica.
(c) Everyone wants to see Moon Child.
(d) Everyone wants to see Atreyu.
2. Who does Bastian wish to see again?
(a) his mother
(b) the bullie that made fun of him
(c) Moon Child
(d) his father
3. What does the Empress ask the Old Man to do?
(a) give her the book
(b) burn the book
(c) read the book
(d) write a new end to the book
4. Bastian finds a picture of a man encased in a wall of what?
5. Why is the group getting nowhere and traveling in circles?
(a) Falkor has told Bastian not to continue on or Fantastica will disappear.
(b) Bastian has stopped making wishes.
(c) Bastian is deliberately leading them in circles.
(d) They keep arguing about what direction to go in.
6. Atreyu realizes that the Auryn seems to work differently for humans and is doing what to Bastian?
(a) changing him into a tiny
(b) turning him into a monster
(c) causing him to fear everything
(d) causing him to forget things
7. How many suits of armor attack the travelers?
8. Bastian and Grograman enjoy doing what in the sand?
(c) chasing each other
(d) sunning themselves
9. The party enters a field full of what?
10. How does Xayide die?
(a) She burns and becomes a pile of ash all of a sudden.
(b) Bastian's army shoots her with poison arrows.
(c) Her metal giants trample her.
(d) She falls into the Sea of Mists.
11. What type of animal is the Many-Colored Death?
(a) a tiger
(b) a wolf
(c) a dragon
(d) a lion
12. What wish finally gets Bastian out of The Temple?
(a) He wishes to meet Atreyu and be friends.
(b) He wishes to return home and reconcile with his father.
(c) He wishes to return to the attic.
(d) He wishes The Temple would disappear.
13. What happens to Grograman at night?
(a) He turns to ice.
(b) He disappears.
(c) He turns into a dove.
(d) He turns to stone.
14. How many days away is Bastian's coronation when Xayide convinces him to take over as the Childlike Emperor?
15. Whose story does Dame Eyola tell Bastian?
(a) Bastian's own story
(b) Argax's story
(c) Artax's story
(d) Atreyu's story
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the back of the Auryn say?
2. Falkor is too sad to do what?
3. How does the Empress say that Atreyu called the savior to Fantastica?
4. How does Bastian escape the Shlamoofs?
5. Who is Querquobad?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)