|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Bastian finds himself hovering in the dark, what does The Empress say to him?
(a) She thanks him for saving Fantastica.
(b) She tells him that he is trapped in Fantastica forever.
(c) She asks him to repeat her new name.
(d) She tells him that he is too late.
2. What is the name of the princess who wants to marry the best knight in the tournament?
3. What type of animal is the Many-Colored Death?
(a) a tiger
(b) a wolf
(c) a dragon
(d) a lion
4. What is the name of the blue Djinn?
5. How is Bastiana nd Atreyu's friendship sealed?
(a) They both save each other from drowning.
(b) They both share a meal.
(c) They both slay a great beast together.
(d) They both listen to Falkor's song.
6. How does the Old Man react to the Empress' request about the book?
(a) He is thrilled because he thinks it will save Fantastica.
(b) He is skeptical because he doesn't know if it will work.
(c) He is upset because he has already tried that suggestion with no success.
(d) He is horrified because he thinks they'll all be trapped forever.
7. Why is the group getting nowhere and traveling in circles?
(a) Bastian is deliberately leading them in circles.
(b) Bastian has stopped making wishes.
(c) They keep arguing about what direction to go in.
(d) Falkor has told Bastian not to continue on or Fantastica will disappear.
8. What wish finally gets Bastian out of The Temple?
(a) He wishes to return home and reconcile with his father.
(b) He wishes to return to the attic.
(c) He wishes The Temple would disappear.
(d) He wishes to meet Atreyu and be friends.
9. Who lives in the Star Cloister?
(a) The Monks of Knowledge
(b) The Priests of Punishment
(c) The Priest of Pride
(d) The Monks of Mercy
10. Bastian regrets creating what, as the travelers see destruction on their way to The Ivory Tower?
(a) a great storm
(b) a dragon
(c) a forest
(d) a desert
11. How does Bastian escape the Shlamoofs?
(a) Atreyu and Falkor rescue him.
(b) The Shlamoofs leave on their own after a while.
(c) Blubb rescues him.
(d) Moon Child rescues him.
12. The group is awakened by a group of ugly worms doing what?
(a) fighting amongst themselves
(b) attacking the group
(c) building a tower
(d) stealing food
13. Bastian finds a picture of a man encased in a wall of what?
14. The party enters a field full of what?
15. What are the residents of the strange town called?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bastian plan to impress Atreyu?
2. What happens to Grograman at night?
3. What does Bastian learn about Moon Child when he finally reaches the tower?
4. Xayide claims that her will is strong enough to do what?
5. When Bastian learns that the Amarganthians are storytellers, how does he help them?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)