|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the old alchemist and his wife?
2. What is Bastian's last name?
3. Blubb has been sent to inform whom about the Nothing that is spreading?
(b) the Childlike Empress
4. Who decides which travelers pass through the first gate?
(c) the sphinxes
(d) am unseen voice
5. Who is the voice?
(d) the sphinx
6. In order to escape his day-to-day life, Bastian does what?
(a) disguises his appearance
(b) changes his name
(c) goes to live with a friend
(d) escapes by reading the book
7. What are the people of the Grassy Ocean known as?
8. Who is the Golden-eyed Commander of Wishes?
(a) The Childlike Empress
9. When Atreyu falls from Falkor's back, what happens?
(a) Atreyu is caught by a giant bat.
(b) Atreyu washes up on a beach.
(c) Atreyu breaks his leg.
(d) Atreyu is rescued by an invisible spirit.
10. What is the enemy of luckdragons?
11. How is the store owner described?
12. Where do the Tinies live?
(a) in the dens of other animals
(b) in the water
(c) in trees
13. Why isn't Bastian's mother present?
(a) She is dead.
(b) She is away visiting a friend.
(c) Bastian's parents are divorced.
(d) She is at work.
14. When Gmork dies, Atreyu becomes trapped because of what?
(a) Gmork's mouth is closed around Atreyu's arm.
(b) Gmork's mouth is closed around Atreyu's leg.
(c) Gmork has locked his chain around Atreyu's waist.
(d) Gmork has placed a freezing spell on Atreyu.
15. Bastian sneaks out of the attic to do what, after he reads about the poisoning?
(a) find food
(b) hide somewhere else to read more
(c) go to the bathroom
(d) see a friend
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bastian think about as the clock strikes one?
2. What does Bastian do once he is safely hidden in the school.
3. Atreyu forgets who he is when he does what?
4. After they fly for days, where does Falkor suggest that they go?
5. A song of Atreyu's people says that it is better to die in the swamps than do what?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)