|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After they fly for days, where does Falkor suggest that they go?
(a) to the Ivory Tower
(b) to the first settlement they see
(c) to the real world
(d) to the Grassy Ocean
2. Atreyu is so hungry in the deserted town that he does what?
(a) eats grass
(b) eats a strange fruit
(c) eats poisonous berries
(d) eats rotten food
3. What does Atreyu do in order to get his first sight of the nothing?
(a) climbs a mountain
(b) puts on a special pair of glasses
(c) climbs a tree
(d) goes into an open meadow
4. Bastian sneaks out of the attic to do what, after he reads about the poisoning?
(a) find food
(b) see a friend
(c) go to the bathroom
(d) hide somewhere else to read more
5. What does Bastian do when he realizes that he has used up his food?
(a) sneaks down into the school to find more
(b) gives up and goes home
(c) returns to the book to forget about it
(d) sneaks to the store to get more
6. How does Bastian console himself when he is upset?
(a) He calls friends.
(b) He plays games.
(c) He listens to music.
(d) He reads books.
7. As the clock strikes three, Bastian takes a break from reading and does what?
(a) closes the attic door, which has suddenly opened
(b) looks in a mirror
(c) looks out the window of the attic
(d) hides because he hears someone coming
8. What are the people of the Grassy Ocean known as?
9. How long does Falkor tell Atreyu that Atreyu was gone, after Atreyu returns from the gates?
(a) three weeks
(b) a week
(c) a day
(d) three days
10. Atreyu has a dream about what sort of animal?
(a) green lion
(b) blue eagle
(c) purple buffalo
(d) orange monkey
11. What do travelers see in the Magic Mirror at the second gate?
(a) their true selves
(b) horrible monsters
(c) their worst nightmares
(d) their exact opposite
12. What are the old alchemist and his wife?
13. Why does Bastian say that the other children like to tease him?
(a) He makes up stories.
(b) He stutters.
(c) He is ugly.
(d) He is too tall.
14. What is the name of the mythical land in the book?
15. What kind of snail does the tiny insist that his snail is?
(a) a friendly snail
(b) a mean snail
(c) a racing snail
(d) an extra slow snail
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Atreyu see when he awakens after being transported by the poison?
2. Bastian loves stories but is always sad when what happens during a story?
3. When does Atreyu's memory return?
4. What does Atreyu learn that the Childlike Empress needs, when he is in the Swamps?
5. Falkor, the luckdragon, overheard the spider and wished himself where?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)