|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bastian feels like his father pays no attention to him ever since his mother died because of what?
(a) a car accident
(b) a boat sinking
(c) an operation
(d) a plane crash
2. When Gmork dies, Atreyu becomes trapped because of what?
(a) Gmork has locked his chain around Atreyu's waist.
(b) Gmork's mouth is closed around Atreyu's arm.
(c) Gmork has placed a freezing spell on Atreyu.
(d) Gmork's mouth is closed around Atreyu's leg.
3. What is on the cover of the book Bastian reads?
4. After leaving the store, where does Bastian go?
(b) to a park
(c) to a friend's house
(d) to school
5. Bastian loves stories but is always sad when what happens during a story?
(a) Someone in the story makes a mistake.
(b) Someone in the story dies.
(c) The story is too long.
(d) The story ends.
6. When Atreyu falls from Falkor's back, what happens?
(a) Atreyu breaks his leg.
(b) Atreyu is rescued by an invisible spirit.
(c) Atreyu washes up on a beach.
(d) Atreyu is caught by a giant bat.
7. What does Atreyu see when he awakens after being transported by the poison?
(a) an archway
(b) a huge ocean
(c) a deep canyon
(d) a forest
8. Bastian decides to run away for how long?
(a) for a week
(c) for a year
(d) until his father forgives him
9. What is Bastian's middle name?
10. What does Atreyu tell Falkor he wants to bring with him when he sees the Empress?
(a) the Auryn
(c) the human savior
(d) food and water
11. Who decides which travelers pass through the first gate?
(a) am unseen voice
(d) the sphinxes
12. How is the store owner described?
13. Who owns the store where Bastian hides?
(a) Mr. Lavender
(b) Mr. Alexander
(c) Mr. Coreander
(d) Mr. Miller
14. Who is trapped in the giant spider web?
(a) a luckdragon
15. How is Bastian's father's outlook and attitude described in the prologue?
(a) He is a shell of his former self.
(b) He is the same as he always was.
(c) He is too busy for Bastian.
(d) He is too happy compared to how he used to be.
Short Answer Questions
1. After they fly for days, where does Falkor suggest that they go?
2. What is the store owner's first name?
3. What is the tower city shaped like?
4. What startles Bastian, at the end of chapter 10?
5. Cairon, one of the doctors, returns from examining the Empress with a medallion called what around his neck?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)