|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bastian doesn't think his father will forgive him for what act?
(c) failing a class
(d) not doing his homework
2. What is the tower city shaped like?
(a) a snail shell
(b) a giant bear
(c) a magnolia blossom
(d) a mountain peak
3. In what type of store does Bastian hide from his classmates?
(a) grocery store
(b) toy store
(d) clothing store
4. How does Bastian think his father will take Bastian's leaving?
(a) Bastian thinks his father will miss him immediately and start searching for him.
(b) Bastian thinks his father will notie, but go on with his life after a while.
(c) Bastian wonders if his father will even notice he's gone.
(d) Bastian thinsk his father will kill himself without Bastian.
5. What does Atreyu see when he awakens after being transported by the poison?
(a) a forest
(b) a huge ocean
(c) an archway
(d) a deep canyon
6. What distracts the store owner shortly after Bastian arrives?
(a) the radio
(b) the telephone
(c) the television
(d) another customer entering
7. What does Bastian think about as the clock strikes one?
(a) going home and admitting his mistakes to his father
(b) whether or not his mother can see him
(c) where he will find his next meal
(d) where he will sleep
8. Snakes form an oval on the cover of the book by doing what?
(a) holding two halves of a medallion in their mouths
(b) biting each other's tails
(c) sticking out their tongues
(d) weaving together in a zig zag pattern
9. Who is the Golden-eyed Commander of Wishes?
(a) The Childlike Empress
10. What does Bastian do when he realizes that he has used up his food?
(a) sneaks to the store to get more
(b) gives up and goes home
(c) sneaks down into the school to find more
(d) returns to the book to forget about it
11. What magical power does the spider's poison have?
(a) It allows a person to go back in time.
(b) It allows anyone to wish themselves to anyplace in Fantastica.
(c) It gives a person incredible intellect, until thepoison kicks in and they die.
(d) It allows the bitten person to heal another's wounds.
12. What does Atreyu tell Falkor he wants to bring with him when he sees the Empress?
(a) the human savior
(c) food and water
(d) the Auryn
13. What are the old alchemist and his wife?
14. As the clock strikes three, Bastian takes a break from reading and does what?
(a) looks in a mirror
(b) looks out the window of the attic
(c) hides because he hears someone coming
(d) closes the attic door, which has suddenly opened
15. Bastian sneaks out of the attic to do what, after he reads about the poisoning?
(a) find food
(b) hide somewhere else to read more
(c) see a friend
(d) go to the bathroom
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bastian's last name?
2. Which of these describes Bastian?
3. Bastian's day-to-day life is what?
4. Atreyu and Falkor are caught in the crossfire of four of what sort of giants?
5. What kind of snail does the tiny insist that his snail is?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)