|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the hallway of columns, a voice asks Atreyu to do what?
(a) come closer
(b) sing to it
(c) speak in rhymes
(d) leave at once
2. When Gmork dies, Atreyu becomes trapped because of what?
(a) Gmork has locked his chain around Atreyu's waist.
(b) Gmork has placed a freezing spell on Atreyu.
(c) Gmork's mouth is closed around Atreyu's arm.
(d) Gmork's mouth is closed around Atreyu's leg.
3. Who is the Golden-eyed Commander of Wishes?
(a) The Childlike Empress
4. Who is Anna?
(a) Bastian's mother
(b) Bastian's aunt
(c) Bastian's housekeeper
(d) Bastian's friend
5. Atreyu is so hungry in the deserted town that he does what?
(a) eats poisonous berries
(b) eats a strange fruit
(c) eats rotten food
(d) eats grass
6. After leaving the store, where does Bastian go?
(a) to a park
(b) to school
(c) to a friend's house
7. Why isn't Bastian's mother present?
(a) She is at work.
(b) She is away visiting a friend.
(c) Bastian's parents are divorced.
(d) She is dead.
8. Who lives on Tortoise Shell Mountain?
9. Bastian decides to run away for how long?
(a) until his father forgives him
(b) for a year
(d) for a week
10. What is the tower city shaped like?
(a) a mountain peak
(b) a magnolia blossom
(c) a giant bear
(d) a snail shell
11. How does Bastian feel about his home life?
(a) He feels like it is good, but could use a few changes.
(b) He feels unloved.
(c) He feels fabulous.
(d) He feels like his daily routine is boring.
12. When Atreyu falls from Falkor's back, what happens?
(a) Atreyu breaks his leg.
(b) Atreyu washes up on a beach.
(c) Atreyu is caught by a giant bat.
(d) Atreyu is rescued by an invisible spirit.
13. How is Bastian's father's outlook and attitude described in the prologue?
(a) He is a shell of his former self.
(b) He is too busy for Bastian.
(c) He is the same as he always was.
(d) He is too happy compared to how he used to be.
14. What does Bastian think about as the clock strikes one?
(a) where he will find his next meal
(b) whether or not his mother can see him
(c) going home and admitting his mistakes to his father
(d) where he will sleep
15. Cairon, one of the doctors, returns from examining the Empress with a medallion called what around his neck?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bastian steal from the store?
2. What is the name of the creature who owns the web?
3. Where do the Tinies live?
4. A song of Atreyu's people says that it is better to die in the swamps than do what?
5. Bastian loves stories but is always sad when what happens during a story?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)