|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owns the store where Bastian hides?
(a) Mr. Alexander
(b) Mr. Coreander
(c) Mr. Lavender
(d) Mr. Miller
2. When Atreyu awakens on the mountain, there is what a few steps away from them?
(a) a cave
(b) a cat
(c) a wolf
(d) some food
3. After they fly for days, where does Falkor suggest that they go?
(a) to the Ivory Tower
(b) to the Grassy Ocean
(c) to the first settlement they see
(d) to the real world
4. Blubb has been sent to inform whom about the Nothing that is spreading?
(b) the Childlike Empress
5. What is the enemy of luckdragons?
6. What are the old alchemist and his wife?
7. What does Bastian think about as the clock strikes one?
(a) where he will find his next meal
(b) going home and admitting his mistakes to his father
(c) where he will sleep
(d) whether or not his mother can see him
8. As the clock strikes three, Bastian takes a break from reading and does what?
(a) hides because he hears someone coming
(b) closes the attic door, which has suddenly opened
(c) looks in a mirror
(d) looks out the window of the attic
9. A song of Atreyu's people says that it is better to die in the swamps than do what?
(a) enter the Dead Mountains
(b) abandon your friends
(c) lose your way once you pass them
(d) remain alive
10. Bastian decides to run away for how long?
(a) for a year
(b) for a week
(c) until his father forgives him
11. What does Bastian do once he is safely hidden in the school.
(a) He listens to music.
(b) He writes a letter.
(c) He begins to read.
(d) He eats his lunch.
12. How is Bastian's father's outlook and attitude described in the prologue?
(a) He is too happy compared to how he used to be.
(b) He is too busy for Bastian.
(c) He is a shell of his former self.
(d) He is the same as he always was.
13. Bastian's day-to-day life is what?
(a) always changing
14. Bastian feels like his father pays no attention to him ever since his mother died because of what?
(a) a car accident
(b) a plane crash
(c) an operation
(d) a boat sinking
15. What is the name of the creature who owns the web?
(a) Yougor the Many
(b) Yarmat the Many
(c) Ynagnol the Many
(d) Ygramul the Many
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the tower city shaped like?
2. In the hallway of columns, a voice asks Atreyu to do what?
3. Atreyu has a dream about what sort of animal?
4. When does Atreyu's memory return?
5. After leaving the store, where does Bastian go?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)