|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bastian feel about his home life?
(a) He feels like it is good, but could use a few changes.
(b) He feels unloved.
(c) He feels like his daily routine is boring.
(d) He feels fabulous.
2. Bastian feels like his father pays no attention to him ever since his mother died because of what?
(a) an operation
(b) a plane crash
(c) a boat sinking
(d) a car accident
3. What is on the cover of the book Bastian reads?
4. What are the old alchemist and his wife?
5. What is the store owner doing when Bastian enters the store?
(a) reading a book
(b) mopping the floor
(c) talking to a customer
(d) restocking a shelf
6. What do travelers see in the Magic Mirror at the second gate?
(a) horrible monsters
(b) their exact opposite
(c) their worst nightmares
(d) their true selves
7. Who owns the store where Bastian hides?
(a) Mr. Alexander
(b) Mr. Lavender
(c) Mr. Coreander
(d) Mr. Miller
8. Bastian decides to run away for how long?
(b) until his father forgives him
(c) for a year
(d) for a week
9. How quickly does the spider's poison work?
(a) within an hour
(b) within 2 hours
(c) within a day
(d) within a minute
10. What is the name of the mythical land in the book?
11. What magical power does the spider's poison have?
(a) It allows a person to go back in time.
(b) It allows anyone to wish themselves to anyplace in Fantastica.
(c) It gives a person incredible intellect, until thepoison kicks in and they die.
(d) It allows the bitten person to heal another's wounds.
12. When Falkor dives down to rescue Atreyu from the nothing, what happens tot heir skin?
(a) The nothing turns it orange.
(b) The nothing turns it black.
(c) The nothing turns it green.
(d) The nothing sucks the color from it.
13. As the clock strikes three, Bastian takes a break from reading and does what?
(a) closes the attic door, which has suddenly opened
(b) looks out the window of the attic
(c) looks in a mirror
(d) hides because he hears someone coming
14. In the hallway of columns, a voice asks Atreyu to do what?
(a) speak in rhymes
(b) come closer
(c) leave at once
(d) sing to it
15. Where do the Tinies live?
(a) in the water
(c) in the dens of other animals
(d) in trees
Short Answer Questions
1. A song of Atreyu's people says that it is better to die in the swamps than do what?
2. Atreyu forgets who he is when he does what?
3. How long does Falkor tell Atreyu that Atreyu was gone, after Atreyu returns from the gates?
4. What is the enemy of luckdragons?
5. When Atreyu awakens on the mountain, there is what a few steps away from them?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)