|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Blubb has been sent to inform whom about the Nothing that is spreading?
(c) the Childlike Empress
2. When does Atreyu's memory return?
(a) after he sleeps
(b) when he walks back through the mirror
(c) when he sees Falkor again
(d) when he walks through a gate
3. Bastian's day-to-day life is what?
(a) always changing
4. What are the people of the Grassy Ocean known as?
5. What is the name of the book that Bastian reads?
(a) The Perpetual Story
(b) The Neverending Story
(c) The Unending Story
(d) The Forever Story
6. How long does Falkor tell Atreyu that Atreyu was gone, after Atreyu returns from the gates?
(a) three days
(b) three weeks
(c) a week
(d) a day
7. What startles Bastian, at the end of chapter 10?
(a) Thunder booms outside.
(b) He sees the Empress.
(c) He sees Falkor.
(d) He is caught hiding in the attic.
8. After leaving the store, where does Bastian go?
(b) to a park
(c) to a friend's house
(d) to school
9. After they fly for days, where does Falkor suggest that they go?
(a) to the Grassy Ocean
(b) to the Ivory Tower
(c) to the first settlement they see
(d) to the real world
10. What does Atreyu learn that the Childlike Empress needs, when he is in the Swamps?
(a) a new name
(b) a special herb tea
(c) a medicine that can only be found deep in the swamp
(d) a new dress
11. In the hallway of columns, a voice asks Atreyu to do what?
(a) come closer
(b) leave at once
(c) sing to it
(d) speak in rhymes
12. What does Atreyu do in order to get his first sight of the nothing?
(a) puts on a special pair of glasses
(b) goes into an open meadow
(c) climbs a tree
(d) climbs a mountain
13. Falkor, the luckdragon, overheard the spider and wished himself where?
(a) to the Southern Oracle
(b) to the Swamps of Sadness
(c) to the Ivory Tower
(d) to the Grassy Ocean
14. What is the store owner doing when Bastian enters the store?
(a) talking to a customer
(b) reading a book
(c) restocking a shelf
(d) mopping the floor
15. Bastian decides to run away for how long?
(b) until his father forgives him
(c) for a year
(d) for a week
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bastian think about as the clock strikes one?
2. When Atreyu falls from Falkor's back, what happens?
3. What is Bastian's middle name?
4. A song of Atreyu's people says that it is better to die in the swamps than do what?
5. What does Bastian do when he realizes that he has used up his food?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)