|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who lives on Tortoise Shell Mountain?
2. Which of these describes Bastian?
3. In order to escape his day-to-day life, Bastian does what?
(a) goes to live with a friend
(b) disguises his appearance
(c) changes his name
(d) escapes by reading the book
4. Who dies in the Swamps of Sadness?
5. When Falkor dives down to rescue Atreyu from the nothing, what happens tot heir skin?
(a) The nothing turns it black.
(b) The nothing turns it green.
(c) The nothing turns it orange.
(d) The nothing sucks the color from it.
6. Snakes form an oval on the cover of the book by doing what?
(a) weaving together in a zig zag pattern
(b) holding two halves of a medallion in their mouths
(c) biting each other's tails
(d) sticking out their tongues
7. What fact does Bastian learn about Atreyu that he can relate to?
(a) Atreyu is a hunter.
(b) Atreyu's favorite color is red.
(c) Atreyu is an orphan.
(d) Atreyu loves to play games.
8. Where does Bastian hide once he is at school?
(a) in the attic
(b) in the basement
(c) in the closet
(d) on the roof
9. What is the enemy of luckdragons?
10. What does Bastian do when he realizes that he has used up his food?
(a) returns to the book to forget about it
(b) sneaks down into the school to find more
(c) gives up and goes home
(d) sneaks to the store to get more
11. What is the store owner doing when Bastian enters the store?
(a) restocking a shelf
(b) mopping the floor
(c) reading a book
(d) talking to a customer
12. Who is trapped in the giant spider web?
(a) a luckdragon
13. What is the name of the mythical land in the book?
14. How does Bastian console himself when he is upset?
(a) He plays games.
(b) He calls friends.
(c) He listens to music.
(d) He reads books.
15. Where does the Childlike Empress live?
(a) The Ivory Tower
(b) The Crystal Tower
(c) The Stone Tower
(d) The Ebony Tower
Short Answer Questions
1. What magical power does the spider's poison have?
2. What is the store owner's middle name?
3. As they gather a few floors below the pavilion, how many doctors have already assembled from all over Fantastica?
4. Who decides which travelers pass through the first gate?
5. Why does Bastian say that the other children like to tease him?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)