|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In order to escape his day-to-day life, Bastian does what?
(a) changes his name
(b) disguises his appearance
(c) escapes by reading the book
(d) goes to live with a friend
2. Why does Bastian say that the other children like to tease him?
(a) He makes up stories.
(b) He is too tall.
(c) He is ugly.
(d) He stutters.
3. To whom has Cairon has been asked to give the medallion?
4. When Atreyu falls from Falkor's back, what happens?
(a) Atreyu breaks his leg.
(b) Atreyu is rescued by an invisible spirit.
(c) Atreyu washes up on a beach.
(d) Atreyu is caught by a giant bat.
5. How does Bastian feel about his home life?
(a) He feels unloved.
(b) He feels like his daily routine is boring.
(c) He feels like it is good, but could use a few changes.
(d) He feels fabulous.
6. Who is Anna?
(a) Bastian's aunt
(b) Bastian's mother
(c) Bastian's housekeeper
(d) Bastian's friend
7. Bastian loves stories but is always sad when what happens during a story?
(a) Someone in the story makes a mistake.
(b) The story ends.
(c) The story is too long.
(d) Someone in the story dies.
8. To reach Uyulala, one must pas through how many gates?
9. Snakes form an oval on the cover of the book by doing what?
(a) sticking out their tongues
(b) weaving together in a zig zag pattern
(c) holding two halves of a medallion in their mouths
(d) biting each other's tails
10. How quickly does the spider's poison work?
(a) within a day
(b) within 2 hours
(c) within a minute
(d) within an hour
11. When does Atreyu's memory return?
(a) after he sleeps
(b) when he sees Falkor again
(c) when he walks through a gate
(d) when he walks back through the mirror
12. When Atreyu awakens on the mountain, there is what a few steps away from them?
(a) some food
(b) a cave
(c) a cat
(d) a wolf
13. Falkor, the luckdragon, overheard the spider and wished himself where?
(a) to the Grassy Ocean
(b) to the Swamps of Sadness
(c) to the Southern Oracle
(d) to the Ivory Tower
14. What is the tower city shaped like?
(a) a snail shell
(b) a magnolia blossom
(c) a mountain peak
(d) a giant bear
15. Atreyu is so hungry in the deserted town that he does what?
(a) eats rotten food
(b) eats poisonous berries
(c) eats grass
(d) eats a strange fruit
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bastian steal from the store?
2. When Gmork dies, Atreyu becomes trapped because of what?
3. As the clock strikes three, Bastian takes a break from reading and does what?
4. In the attic, Bastian speaks to Atreyu under his breath and asks him what?
5. As they gather a few floors below the pavilion, how many doctors have already assembled from all over Fantastica?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)