|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these describes Bastian?
2. After leaving the store, where does Bastian go?
(a) to a friend's house
(c) to school
(d) to a park
3. Bastian decides to run away for how long?
(a) until his father forgives him
(b) for a week
(d) for a year
4. Who lives on Tortoise Shell Mountain?
5. What does Atreyu learn that the Childlike Empress needs, when he is in the Swamps?
(a) a special herb tea
(b) a new name
(c) a new dress
(d) a medicine that can only be found deep in the swamp
6. What is the alchemist's name?
7. What is the store owner's first name?
8. Bastian loves stories but is always sad when what happens during a story?
(a) Someone in the story dies.
(b) The story ends.
(c) Someone in the story makes a mistake.
(d) The story is too long.
9. What is the store owner doing when Bastian enters the store?
(a) mopping the floor
(b) reading a book
(c) talking to a customer
(d) restocking a shelf
10. Blubb has been sent to inform whom about the Nothing that is spreading?
(a) the Childlike Empress
11. Where does the Childlike Empress live?
(a) The Stone Tower
(b) The Ebony Tower
(c) The Ivory Tower
(d) The Crystal Tower
12. Where does Bastian hide once he is at school?
(a) in the closet
(b) on the roof
(c) in the attic
(d) in the basement
13. Who owns the store where Bastian hides?
(a) Mr. Lavender
(b) Mr. Coreander
(c) Mr. Alexander
(d) Mr. Miller
14. What kind of snail does the tiny insist that his snail is?
(a) an extra slow snail
(b) a racing snail
(c) a friendly snail
(d) a mean snail
15. Bastian's day-to-day life is what?
(d) always changing
Short Answer Questions
1. To reach Uyulala, one must pas through how many gates?
2. How does Bastian think his father will take Bastian's leaving?
3. What distracts the store owner shortly after Bastian arrives?
4. What is the name of the mythical land in the book?
5. How is the store owner described?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)