|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Bastian's father's outlook and attitude described in the prologue?
(a) He is the same as he always was.
(b) He is a shell of his former self.
(c) He is too happy compared to how he used to be.
(d) He is too busy for Bastian.
2. What is the name of the mythical land in the book?
3. Why isn't Bastian's mother present?
(a) She is dead.
(b) Bastian's parents are divorced.
(c) She is at work.
(d) She is away visiting a friend.
4. Why does Bastian say that the other children like to tease him?
(a) He stutters.
(b) He is too tall.
(c) He is ugly.
(d) He makes up stories.
5. Snakes form an oval on the cover of the book by doing what?
(a) biting each other's tails
(b) sticking out their tongues
(c) weaving together in a zig zag pattern
(d) holding two halves of a medallion in their mouths
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the book that Bastian reads?
2. In order to escape his day-to-day life, Bastian does what?
3. What is the store owner's middle name?
4. Bastian's day-to-day life is what?
5. How does Bastian feel about his home life?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)