* The book is translated from the original German by Ralph Manheim.
* The book is a coming of age story about Bastian Balthazar Bux and his adventures in the make-belive land of Fantastica.
* The story opens with Bastian hiding from some bullies in an old books store.
* The book store is owned by Carl Conrad Coreander.
* Bastian is a fat little boy who is about 10- or 12-years-old.
* Bastian admits to Mr. Coreander that the children tease Bastian because he likes to make up stories.
* Bastian often tells stories to himself, since he doesn't think anyone else would be interested in them.
* When Mr. Coreander is distracted, Bastian examines the book that Mr. Coreander had been reading.
* On the cover of the book are two snakes that are biting each other's tails.
* The book is called The Neverending Story.
* Bastian loves stories and is always sad to see...
This section contains 6,886 words
(approx. 23 pages at 300 words per page)