Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where does Ruth and her friends follow the possible from the office in chapter 14?
2. What job does Martin (Rodney and Chrissie's friend mentioned in chapter 13) have?
3. In chapter 14, what are the office workers doing when Rodney points out Ruth's possible?
4. In chapter 13, why does Ruby become irate when Kathy suggests they switch seats?
5. At what job does Rodney and Chrissie report Ruth's possible worked at?
Essay Topic 1
Why did Tommy often get picked last for sports teams? How did he react to this slight? Why did Tommy stop working at his art? Who told Tommy his art was not important? Why did this person later tell Tommy that the art was really very important? What does Tommy come to believe is the point of the art the students are encouraged to do at Hailsham? Why does Tommy believe this? How does Tommy react when he comes to realize the truth about the students' are at Hailsham?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Ruth become obsessed with her possible that Rodney and Chrissie believe they saw in Norfolk? What does Ruth hope to see or learn from this woman? How does Ruth respond to the realization that this woman is more than likely not her possible? What does Ruth's overall interest in this woman say about who she is, what her purpose is, and how she feels about this aspect of her life?
Essay Topic 3
Why do Kathy and Tommy eventually seek out Madame? What do they learn from Madame? How did Tommy seem to know the truth about his life? What does Miss Emily say about Tommy's fits of anger and what those implied about his knowledge of his future? Why do Kathy and Tommy not attempt to run away? Why does Tommy seem accepting of his future? Is Kathy as accepting of her own future?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)