Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where does Ruth and her friends follow the possible from the office in chapter 14?
2. What job does Martin (Rodney and Chrissie's friend mentioned in chapter 13) have?
3. In chapter 14, what are the office workers doing when Rodney points out Ruth's possible?
4. In chapter 13, why does Ruby become irate when Kathy suggests they switch seats?
5. At what job does Rodney and Chrissie report Ruth's possible worked at?
Essay Topic 1
What does Ruth reveal to Kathy after she, Kathy, and Tommy go to the boat? What does Ruth say about the relationship that should have existed between Tommy and Kathy? What does Ruth encourage Tommy and Kathy to seek? What is a deferment? What might it give to Kathy and Tommy? Why does Ruth push this on them? How do they react? Why does Ruth ask Kathy to stop being her carer and become Tommy's carer? Does Kathy take this advice?
Essay Topic 2
At Halisham, the students appear to take on different aspects of behavior as they become involved with different groups of students. Later, Kathy notes that many of the residents of the Cottage appear to take clues about behavior from television. Is this normal behavior? Why do the students seem to learn behavior from outside influences rather than instinctively from their own personalities? How do these early hints at Hailsham suggest something special about these students?
Essay Topic 3
What does Tommy tell Kathy that Miss Lucy talked to him about that helped him curb his anger? Why did this help Tommy curb his anger? What is the relationship between Tommy and Kathy? Why does Tommy often make Kathy his confidant? How does Tommy react when Kathy tries to help him get close to Ruth? What is foreshadowed about this relationship while Tommy and Kathy are still at Hailsham?
This section contains 1,433 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)