Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where does Ruth and her friends follow the possible from the office in chapter 14?
2. What job does Martin (Rodney and Chrissie's friend mentioned in chapter 13) have?
3. In chapter 14, what are the office workers doing when Rodney points out Ruth's possible?
4. In chapter 13, why does Ruby become irate when Kathy suggests they switch seats?
5. At what job does Rodney and Chrissie report Ruth's possible worked at?
Essay Topic 1
Why did Tommy often get picked last for sports teams? How did he react to this slight? Why did Tommy stop working at his art? Who told Tommy his art was not important? Why did this person later tell Tommy that the art was really very important? What does Tommy come to believe is the point of the art the students are encouraged to do at Hailsham? Why does Tommy believe this? How does Tommy react when he comes to realize the truth about the students' are at Hailsham?
Essay Topic 2
What are Kathy, Tommy, and Ruth? How do they come to understand the truth of their situation? How much time passes between Kathy's time at the Cottage and her next meeting with Ruth? How does Ruth respond when she discovers that Kathy has become her carer? What do they talk about in the beginning of their reunion? Why do they go to see a marooned boat? Who do they take with them? What does this say about the relationship between Ruth and Kathy now?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the following themes in detail, citing examples from the novel to support your conclusions:
1) Medical cloning.
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)