|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After which of Tommy's donations did Kathy become his carer in chapter 20?
2. What does Ruby ask the narrator forgiveness for in chapter 19?
3. In chapter 16, where does Ruth suggest she might one day like to take a trip to?
4. In chapter 15, what do Kathy and Tommy talk about?
5. How much older than the clone is suspected a possible would be as described in chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. What warning does Ruth offer to Kathy in chapter 17 should she ever want to pursue a relationship with Tommy?
2. In chapter 15, who does Rodney and Chrissie want to visit that Kathy refuses to see? For what reason?
3. In chapter 16, what does Kathy tell the reader she had thought she and Tommy might do after the trip to Norfolk, but never did?
4. In chapter 12, what fantasy does Ruth develop after learning where her possible works?
5. At the end of chapter 17, how does Kathy actively change her situation?
6. What does Ruth admit to Kathy in chapter 19 that she believes should have happened in their past and that she actively attempted to prevent?
7. What has Tommy begun to draw after the trip to Norfolk? What does Kathy initially think of these drawings?
8. In chapter 12, Rodney and Chrissie report seeing what person in Norfolk during a trip there?
9. What does Tommy tell Kathy in chapter 15 that he believes are the purpose of the art they were encouraged to do at Hailsham?
10. Why does Rodney and Chrissie detour the group into Woolworth's upon arriving in Norfolk in chapter 14? How do the others feel about this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who are Ruth and Tommy? How did Kathy know them in her past? How does she learn that Ruth has become a donor? Why does Kathy request to become Ruth's carer? What does Kathy tell the reader about her first meeting with Ruth? How was Ruth somewhat odd? Why did Ruth feel the need to protect Miss Geraldine? Was there a real danger toward Miss Geraldine? How did Kathy help Ruth keep up the illusion of a special relationship between she and Miss Geraldine? How did Ruth repay this kindness?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one of the following in detail, citing examples from the novel to support your conclusions:
Essay Topic 3
In an essay, discuss the following elements as they exist and impact the developing plot in the early chapters of the novel:
3) Point of view.
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)