|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say the students used their tokens on?
(a) Video games.
(b) Presents for parents and relatives.
(c) Extra food in the cafeteria.
(d) Clothing and decorations for their desks.
2. Who asks Tommy to get back into his art in chapter 9?
(a) Miss Emily.
(d) Miss Lucy.
3. With whom has Tommy recently had a break up as described in chapter 8?
4. Who makes fun of Tommy's expressions as he warms up on the sports field with the other boys in chapter 1?
5. What rumors abound at Hailsham about students who wander into the woods?
(a) They are made to volunteer to cook lunch.
(b) They are forced to add to the mural on the wall.
(c) They are forced to do extra homework.
(d) They are murdered.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 10, the narrator describes a fear of doing what once they arrived at the Cottages?
2. Who was Moira B?
3. Whose behavior does the narrator accuse Ruth of copying at the end of chapter 10?
4. What are tokens?
5. Why did the students at Hailsham love the sports pavilion?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ruth react to the sight of her possible? How does she, and the others, come to believe this woman could not be her possible?
2. Upon first meeting Ruth, as described in chapter 4, what do Ruth and Kathy do together?
3. In chapter 15, who does Rodney and Chrissie want to visit that Kathy refuses to see? For what reason?
4. How has Kathy's life changed in the year that has passed between chapters 19 and 20?
5. What does Kathy decide not to tell Ruth at the end of chapter 15?
6. What has Tommy begun to draw after the trip to Norfolk? What does Kathy initially think of these drawings?
7. In chapter 12, Rodney and Chrissie report seeing what person in Norfolk during a trip there?
8. Who sees Kathy dancing to her favorite song, "Never Let Me Go", in chapter 6?
9. In chapter 10, what does Ruth accuse Kathy of being jealous of?
10. In chapter 13, Rodney and Chrissie ask Ruth, Tommy, and Kathy about what type of deferment?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)