|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks Tommy to get back into his art in chapter 9?
(a) Miss Lucy.
(c) Miss Emily.
2. What is a guardian?
(a) The head nurses in the donor facilities.
(b) The carers' bosses.
(c) The teachers and administrators at Hailsham.
(d) The people who govern the clones.
3. What rumors abound at Hailsham about students who wander into the woods?
(a) They are murdered.
(b) They are forced to do extra homework.
(c) They are made to volunteer to cook lunch.
(d) They are forced to add to the mural on the wall.
4. What writing assignment were the Hailsham students supposed to be working on during their two years at the Cottages?
(a) A novel.
(b) A thesis.
(c) A short story.
(d) An essay.
5. What are tokens?
(a) Toys for small children at Hailsham.
(b) Coins used in video games.
(c) Rewards students are given for the artwork they supply to the exchanges.
(d) Gifts for good grades at Hailsham.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was often terribly cold in the farmhouse at the Cottages, as mentioned in chapter 10?
2. What is Songs After Dark?
3. Why do Peter and Gordon say they want to go to America in chapter 7?
4. With whom has Tommy recently had a break up as described in chapter 8?
5. Where is the novel set?
Short Essay Questions
1. Upon first meeting Ruth, as described in chapter 4, what do Ruth and Kathy do together?
2. What was the purpose of the secret guard? Who ran it?
3. What do Ruth and Kathy discuss about the art exchanges that often took place during their time at Hailsham?
4. In chapter 8, what does Kathy see Miss Lucy doing that makes her think the woman is sinister?
5. In chapter 6, how does Kathy keep another girl from learning the truth about Ruth's pencil case?
6. What is one of the responsibilities of the caretaker at the Cottages, as Kathy describes in chapter 11?
7. What does Kathy notice about the behavior of the older residents at the Cottages?
8. Who sees Kathy dancing to her favorite song, "Never Let Me Go", in chapter 6?
9. What does Kathy imagine the song, "Never Let Me Go", is about?
10. What change in attitude does Kathy remember noticing in Tommy during their days at Hailsham?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)