|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would the narrator often hold while listening to her favorite song, Never Let Me Go?
(a) A hairbrush.
(b) A pillow.
(c) A curling iron.
(d) A baby doll.
2. With whom has Tommy recently had a break up as described in chapter 8?
3. How long does narrator say Miss Geraldine told her Madame has been coming to their school?
(a) For several years.
(b) For twenty years.
(c) Only a few months.
(d) Since it opened.
4. Who is Judy Bridgewater?
(a) A singer.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A carer.
5. Who suggests that Kathy might be Tommy's next girlfriend in chapter 9?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what room was the art displayed for Madame?
2. How old was the narrator when she first recalls making friends with Ruth?
3. Why was the narrator kicked out of the secret guard?
4. Where did the narrator and Tommy often meet in secrecy during their years at Hailsham?
5. What is the Lost Corner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who tells the students that there is something about Madame and their artwork that they are not being told?
2. What is stolen from Kathy's room in chapter 6?
3. What do Ruth and Kathy discuss about the art exchanges that often took place during their time at Hailsham?
4. What does Tommy reveal to Kathy in chapter 9 that Miss Lucy has told him, causing him to once again begin having fits of temper again as well as ending his relationship with Ruth?
5. How does Miss Lucy react when she overhears the students at Hailsham discussing their futures in chapter 7?
6. What was the purpose of the secret guard? Who ran it?
7. What is one of the responsibilities of the caretaker at the Cottages, as Kathy describes in chapter 11?
8. What often causes Tommy, as a child, to have a fit of temper?
9. What does Kathy imagine the song, "Never Let Me Go", is about?
10. What does Kathy notice about the behavior of the older residents at the Cottages?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)