Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who makes fun of Tommy's expressions as he warms up on the sports field with the other boys in chapter 1?
2. In whose room does Tommy admit in chapter 11 that he saw the narrator looking at similar magazines as the ones he finds her looking at in the boiler room in chapter 11?
3. With whom has Tommy recently had a break up as described in chapter 8?
4. What warning does Miss Emily offer the students in chapter 7 about having sex with people in the outside world?
(a) That it was something they physically could not do.
(b) That it could keep them from having to make donations.
(c) That it was more emotional for those who could have children.
(d) That it could be fun.
5. What trip does the narrator foreshadow at the end of chapter 11?
(a) A trip to Hailsham.
(b) A trip to London.
(c) A trip to Norfolk.
(d) A trip to Dover.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who admits to the students that she has indulged in the forbidden vice in chapter 6?
2. What does the narrator tell the reader unzipping meant to the students at Hailsham in chapter 7?
3. What does the narrator mentioned she often used for blankets in chapter 11?
4. What happened in chapter 6 to the tape the narrator hid in her dorm room that contained her favorite song?
5. What is the point of view of this novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 12, what fantasy does Ruth develop after learning where her possible works?
2. At the end of chapter 17, how does Kathy actively change her situation?
3. In chapter 22, how does Tommy react to the truth of his life? How does this seem to relate to something Miss Emily said to him?
4. In chapter 18, how does Kathy learn that Ruth has begun her donations?
5. What often causes Tommy, as a child, to have a fit of temper?
6. How does Ruth react to the sight of her possible? How does she, and the others, come to believe this woman could not be her possible?
7. In chapter 11, who catches Kathy looking at pornographic material? How does an older Kathy recall this made her feel?
8. What does Kathy do for a living? What privileges has she been given as a result of being good at her job?
9. In chapter 15, who does Rodney and Chrissie want to visit that Kathy refuses to see? For what reason?
10. What was the purpose of the secret guard? Who ran it?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)