|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Judy Bridgewater?
(a) A singer.
(b) A carer.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A doctor.
2. Who was Moira B?
(a) A girl who lived in the same dorm room with Ruth.
(b) A student in the narrator's art class.
(c) Another girl kicked out of the secret guard.
(d) Another secret guard leader.
3. Who decides to comfort Tommy at the end of chapter 1 during his temper tantrum?
4. Who did the narrator once see giving a speech to an imaginary classroom, as described in chapter 4?
(a) Miss Lucy.
(b) Miss Jody.
(c) Miss Geraldine.
(d) Miss Emily.
5. Who plots to prove Madame's fear of the students at Hailsham?
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 10, the narrator describes a fear of doing what once they arrived at the Cottages?
2. What does the narrator tell the reader in chapter 2 was required of the students at Hailsham once a week?
3. What things in Tommy's behavior does the narrator believe she missed as signs of something that has taken place in chapter 8?
4. What vice is strongly discouraged at Hailsham?
5. What would the narrator often hold while listening to her favorite song, Never Let Me Go?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Ruth and Kathy discuss about the art exchanges that often took place during their time at Hailsham?
2. In chapter 10, what does Ruth accuse Kathy of being jealous of?
3. As the students at Hailsham grow older, what becomes the main subjects of discussion?
4. What does Kathy do for a living? What privileges has she been given as a result of being good at her job?
5. What is one of the responsibilities of the caretaker at the Cottages, as Kathy describes in chapter 11?
6. What are the students at Hailsham told they will never be able to do in chapter 8?
7. Where does Ruth tell everyone she got a pencil case she shows off in chapter 5? Where does Kathy suspect she really got the case?
8. Upon first meeting Ruth, as described in chapter 4, what do Ruth and Kathy do together?
9. What does Tommy tell Kathy that Miss Lucy told him that helped him to stop having so many fits of temper in chapter 3?
10. What does Tommy reveal to Kathy in chapter 9 that Miss Lucy has told him, causing him to once again begin having fits of temper again as well as ending his relationship with Ruth?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)