|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator suggest Ruby was correct in accusing her of making no friends outside of Hailsham alum?
(a) She knows now she should have tried harder to make friends.
(b) She criticized Ruby's friendships outside the Hailsham alum.
(c) She struggled to make friends with the veterans.
(d) She believes Ruby was only trying to help.
2. What was the secret guards evidence against the conspirators?
(a) Written confessions.
(b) Witnessed conversations.
(c) Drawings of crime scenes.
(d) Pictures of strangers.
3. What is the narrator doing as she recalls these events from her past, as a student at Hailsham?
(a) Visiting a donor.
(b) Preparing a funeral.
(d) Talking to a friend.
4. What book is the narrator reading in chapter 10 that Ruth rudely begins to describe the plot of to her?
(a) Daniel Deronda.
(b) Oliver Twist.
(c) A Tale of Two Cities.
(d) Great Expectations.
5. What warning does Miss Emily offer the students in chapter 7 about having sex with people in the outside world?
(a) That it could keep them from having to make donations.
(b) That it was something they physically could not do.
(c) That it could be fun.
(d) That it was more emotional for those who could have children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator mentioned she often used for blankets in chapter 11?
2. Whose behavior does the narrator accuse Ruth of copying at the end of chapter 10?
3. In what room was the art displayed for Madame?
4. In chapter 11, what does the narrator define courses as?
5. What are Sales?
Short Essay Questions
1. What else in chapter 3 does Tommy feel Miss Lucy wanted to tell him about himself and was not able to do so?
2. Where do Tommy, Ruth, and Kathy go after leaving Hailsham when they are sixteen?
3. What do Ruth and Kathy discuss about the art exchanges that often took place during their time at Hailsham?
4. What was the purpose of the secret guard? Who ran it?
5. What is one of the responsibilities of the caretaker at the Cottages, as Kathy describes in chapter 11?
6. Upon first meeting Ruth, as described in chapter 4, what do Ruth and Kathy do together?
7. What does Kathy imagine the song, "Never Let Me Go", is about?
8. In chapter 10, what does Ruth accuse Kathy of being jealous of?
9. Who sees Kathy dancing to her favorite song, "Never Let Me Go", in chapter 6?
10. In chapter 8, what does Kathy see Miss Lucy doing that makes her think the woman is sinister?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)