Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are tokens?
(a) Coins used in video games.
(b) Toys for small children at Hailsham.
(c) Gifts for good grades at Hailsham.
(d) Rewards students are given for the artwork they supply to the exchanges.
2. Who is Miss Geraldine?
(a) A guardian at Hailsham who is everyone's favorite.
(b) A carer in Kathy's clinic.
(c) A donor at the clinic where Kathy works.
(d) A teacher at the Cottages.
3. Why did the students feel Madame was different, odd?
(a) She avoided the guardians.
(b) She enjoyed the art that others thought was poorly made.
(c) She interacted with the kids more than others.
(d) She never allowed the children to come near her.
4. What is an exchange, as it is explained in chapter 2?
(a) A program where students at Hailsham are encouraged to trade their favorite storybooks.
(b) An art exhibition where students both showed their own work and bought other's work.
(c) A social hour at Hailsham where students were encouraged to socialize with students from other schools.
(d) A program in which students would visit other schools in the area.
5. Where did the donor in the narrator's third year grow up, causing her to recall her own childhood at Hailsham?
(c) Kansas City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator tell the reader unzipping meant to the students at Hailsham in chapter 7?
2. Who admits to the students that she has indulged in the forbidden vice in chapter 6?
3. What is Bramble, as described in chapter 4?
4. In chapter 11, what does the narrator define courses as?
5. What is a Walkman?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ruth react to the sight of her possible? How does she, and the others, come to believe this woman could not be her possible?
2. Why does Rodney and Chrissie detour the group into Woolworth's upon arriving in Norfolk in chapter 14? How do the others feel about this?
3. In chapter 8, what does Kathy see Miss Lucy doing that makes her think the woman is sinister?
4. In chapter 15, who does Rodney and Chrissie want to visit that Kathy refuses to see? For what reason?
5. In chapter 20, who does Kathy find at the address Ruth gave to Tommy for him to seek a deferral?
6. What does Kathy imagine the song, "Never Let Me Go", is about?
7. In chapter 18, how does Kathy become Ruth's carer? How does Ruth react to this?
8. Where do Tommy, Ruth, and Kathy go after leaving Hailsham when they are sixteen?
9. In chapter 13, what excuse does Ruth give to Rodney and Chrissie for Tommy's refusal to agree that there is a deferment program for lovers?
10. Why does Kathy constantly allow Ruth to indulge her fantasies even when she knows she is wrong?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)