|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suggests that Kathy might be Tommy's next girlfriend in chapter 9?
2. How does Kathy find herself on Ruth's good books at the end of part one?
(a) By stealing a forbidden tape of music.
(b) By stealing a pencil case from Miss Geraldine.
(c) By getting Tommy to work his art again.
(d) By getting Ruth and Tommy back together.
3. Why did the students at Hailsham love the sports pavilion?
(a) It reminded them of cottages in storybooks.
(b) It represented their favorite activities.
(c) It was where they held their favorite classes.
(d) It was filled with good smells.
4. What would the narrator often hold while listening to her favorite song, Never Let Me Go?
(a) A hairbrush.
(b) A curling iron.
(c) A baby doll.
(d) A pillow.
5. What is the narrator doing as she recalls these events from her past, as a student at Hailsham?
(a) Visiting a donor.
(b) Talking to a friend.
(d) Preparing a funeral.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom has Tommy recently had a break up as described in chapter 8?
2. What work of art did Tommy create as a joke that began his torment from other students, as described in chapter 2?
3. Who does the narrator continuously refer to as the veterans in chapter 10?
4. What is the secret guard?
5. What does the narrator tell the reader unzipping meant to the students at Hailsham in chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What else in chapter 3 does Tommy feel Miss Lucy wanted to tell him about himself and was not able to do so?
2. What does Kathy do for a living? What privileges has she been given as a result of being good at her job?
3. In chapter 11, who catches Kathy looking at pornographic material? How does an older Kathy recall this made her feel?
4. What is stolen from Kathy's room in chapter 6?
5. Why does Kathy, in chapter 11, sneak away to take a look at some of the pornographic material she has found in the caretaker's confiscated collection?
6. What change in attitude does Kathy remember noticing in Tommy during their days at Hailsham?
7. What is one of the responsibilities of the caretaker at the Cottages, as Kathy describes in chapter 11?
8. As the students at Hailsham grow older, what becomes the main subjects of discussion?
9. What are the students at Hailsham told they will never be able to do in chapter 8?
10. How does Miss Lucy react when she overhears the students at Hailsham discussing their futures in chapter 7?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)