|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the narrator doing as she recalls these events from her past, as a student at Hailsham?
(a) Preparing a funeral.
(b) Talking to a friend.
(d) Visiting a donor.
2. What difference did the narrator begin to note in Tommy during their Senior 2 year, as described in chapter 2?
(a) He stopped hanging out with his friends.
(b) He stopped playing sports.
(c) He stopped losing his temper.
(d) He stopped going to classes.
3. What is a guardian?
(a) The head nurses in the donor facilities.
(b) The teachers and administrators at Hailsham.
(c) The carers' bosses.
(d) The people who govern the clones.
4. What does the term completion mean when applied to a donor?
(a) He has died.
(b) He has given all his organs and placed in a nursing home.
(c) He has too many illnesses to donate.
(d) He has gotten too old to donate.
5. How many others from their class does the narrator say came to the Cottages in chapter 10?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bramble, as described in chapter 4?
2. At the end of chapter 4, what does Ruth accuse the narrator of doing all wrong?
3. Why was often terribly cold in the farmhouse at the Cottages, as mentioned in chapter 10?
4. Who does Ruth want to know if the narrator likes at the end of chapter 4?
5. In chapter 11, what does the narrator define courses as?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was an important aspect of education at Hailsham?
2. In chapter 11, who catches Kathy looking at pornographic material? How does an older Kathy recall this made her feel?
3. What does Tommy reveal to Kathy in chapter 9 that Miss Lucy has told him, causing him to once again begin having fits of temper again as well as ending his relationship with Ruth?
4. What does Kathy do to prepare in chapter 8 for what she believes will be her first sexual experience?
5. What is one of the responsibilities of the caretaker at the Cottages, as Kathy describes in chapter 11?
6. How does Kathy think Madame feels about the students at Hailsham? What does she do about it?
7. What change in attitude does Kathy remember noticing in Tommy during their days at Hailsham?
8. What does Tommy tell Kathy that Miss Lucy told him that helped him to stop having so many fits of temper in chapter 3?
9. Who tells the students that there is something about Madame and their artwork that they are not being told?
10. In chapter 6, how does Kathy keep another girl from learning the truth about Ruth's pencil case?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)