|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 18, the narrator learns that Hailsham is to be turned into what?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A public school.
(c) A health spa.
(d) A holiday retreat.
2. What job does Martin (Rodney and Chrissie's friend mentioned in chapter 13) have?
(b) Construction worker.
3. What promise does the narrator make to Ruth after her second donation in chapter 19?
(a) That she will bring Tommy back to her.
(b) That she will find Miss Geraldine for her.
(c) That she will be Tommy's carer.
(d) That she will find Madame for her.
4. In chapter 16, why does the narrator feel she must apologize to Ruth?
(a) She is socially desperate for Ruth's friendship.
(b) She feels guilty.
(c) She wants to use Ruth to get close to Tommy.
(d) She wants to make peace.
5. What items does the narrator say in chapter 18 she likes to window shop for and compare to the ones she has at home?
(b) Paper weights.
(d) Desk lamps.
6. Who tells Chrissie and Rodney that the students at Hailsham were told about deferrals in chapter 13?
7. What does Ruth want to do after being run off from the office where her possible works in chapter 14?
(a) She wants to go back.
(b) She wants to forget the whole episode.
(c) She wants to go home.
(d) She wants to confront the woman.
8. In chapter 16, what route does Kathy say was out of bounds at Hailsham?
(a) The path beside the classroom windows.
(b) The path through the rhubarb patch.
(c) The path along the guardian's private residences.
(d) The path along side the woods.
9. In chapter 12, what subject does the narrator say Rodney talked about a lot?
10. At what point in her donation cycle did Chrissie die?
(a) After the fourth.
(b) After the first.
(c) After the third.
(d) After the second.
11. Who first suggests, in chapter 18, that Tommy join Kathy and Ruby in their visit to the marooned boat?
12. After which of Tommy's donations did Kathy become his carer in chapter 20?
13. In chapter 16, who does Ruth think will be Tommy's next girlfriend when she breaks up with him?
14. How does the narrator say the trip to Norfolk was nearly called off at the beginning of chapter 13?
(a) Rodney wrecked the car.
(b) Rodney lost the first car he arranged for.
(c) Rodney ran out of money to rent a car.
(d) Rodney failed to secure a car.
15. What billboard does the narrator point out in chapter 19 that she hopes will remind Tommy and Ruth of their trip to Norfolk?
(a) A picture of a set of cottages.
(b) A picture of an office setting.
(c) A picture of a beach resort.
(d) A picture of a hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where does Ruth and her friends follow the possible from the office in chapter 14?
2. What did the students at Hailsham call Madame's collection of their art that she found amusing?
3. In chapter 15, why does the narrator tell Tommy she often looks at models in magazines?
4. In chapter 16, who was the first of the Hailsham students to begin their carer training?
5. In chapter 15, why does Tommy tell Kathy he wanted to find the Judy Bridgewater tape for her?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)