|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What promise does the narrator make to Ruth after her second donation in chapter 19?
(a) That she will be Tommy's carer.
(b) That she will bring Tommy back to her.
(c) That she will find Madame for her.
(d) That she will find Miss Geraldine for her.
2. After which of Tommy's donations did Kathy become his carer in chapter 20?
3. What are dream futures, as the narrator describes in chapter 12?
(a) A future that the clones hope they can earn the money to pursue while training as carers.
(b) A future the clones plan to pursue before their donations begin.
(c) A future the clones know will never come true.
(d) A future the clones plan to pursue once their donations are done.
4. In chapter 16, what route does Kathy say was out of bounds at Hailsham?
(a) The path along side the woods.
(b) The path beside the classroom windows.
(c) The path along the guardian's private residences.
(d) The path through the rhubarb patch.
5. What is the definition of a possible as described by the narrator in chapter 12?
(a) The normal person a clone is modeled after.
(b) The parent of a clone.
(c) The intended recipient of a clone's organs.
(d) The scientist who created a specific clone.
6. What is the Black Barn?
(a) A bar where the clones hang out.
(b) A building at the Cottages.
(c) A building where supplies are stored.
(d) A restaurant near the Cottages.
7. In chapter 15, what does Tommy tell Kathy that he heard Miss Emily said about the artwork Madame took from the school?
(a) It showed each student's future potential.
(b) It proved they were intelligent.
(c) It revealed their souls.
(d) It was to provide money for their futures.
8. Who tells Chrissie and Rodney that the students at Hailsham were told about deferrals in chapter 13?
9. What billboard does the narrator point out in chapter 19 that she hopes will remind Tommy and Ruth of their trip to Norfolk?
(a) A picture of an office setting.
(b) A picture of a beach resort.
(c) A picture of a set of cottages.
(d) A picture of a hotel.
10. What items does the narrator say in chapter 18 she likes to window shop for and compare to the ones she has at home?
(a) Desk lamps.
(d) Paper weights.
11. In chapter 15, what do Kathy and Tommy talk about?
(a) Sneaking away from the Cottages.
(c) The deferrment.
(d) Hailsham's students.
12. In chapter 16, what does Ruth begin to forget?
(a) Her childhood.
(b) Her own lies.
(c) The Cottages.
13. What job does Martin (Rodney and Chrissie's friend mentioned in chapter 13) have?
(a) Construction worker.
14. In chapter 14, what was the predominate theme of the artwork in Portway Studios?
(a) The sea.
(c) Space exploration.
15. In chapter 16, who were Kathy and Ruth discussing when Ruth finds the Judy Bridgewater tape?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator say the trip to Norfolk was nearly called off at the beginning of chapter 13?
2. In chapter 18, the narrator mentions the name of a student from Hailsham who had difficulty dealing with being a carer. Who does she mention?
3. What does the narrator think of in chapter 15 when Tommy describes his new art creations to her?
4. In chapter 15, what does Tommy suggest Madame does with the art from the Hailsham students?
5. In chapter 15, what kind of shops did Tommy and Kathy initially visit in the search for her Judy Bridgewater tape?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)