|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator notice about Madame's door in chapter 21 as they enter her house?
(a) It is loaded with locks.
(b) It has glass panels.
(c) It is a steel security door.
(d) It allows too much light inside.
2. In chapter 16, why does the narrator think she and her companions did not talk about their trip to Norfolk?
(a) They were waiting for Ruth to say something.
(b) They were embarrassed for Ruth.
(c) They were embarrassed for themselves.
(d) They were anxious to hide the truth.
3. In the beginning of chapter 18, the narrator tells the reader what is one of the most difficult parts of working as a carer?
(a) Losing a donor to suicide.
(b) Losing a donor to cancer.
(c) Losing a donor after the fifth donation.
(d) Losing a donor early in the donation cycle.
4. In chapter 14, what are the office workers doing when Rodney points out Ruth's possible?
(a) Preparing to go home.
(b) Studying books.
(c) Working at computers.
(d) Eating lunch.
5. Who suggests in chapter 18 that the narrator become Ruth's carer?
6. Who first suggests, in chapter 18, that Tommy join Kathy and Ruby in their visit to the marooned boat?
7. After which of Tommy's donations did Kathy become his carer in chapter 20?
8. Who claims to not recall learning about deferrals at Hailsham in chapter 13?
9. In chapter 15, what does Tommy suggest Madame does with the art from the Hailsham students?
(a) Uses it to determine who should become a donor.
(b) Uses it to determine when a clone should train as a carer.
(c) Uses it to determine who should receive deferments.
(d) Uses it to raise money for the school.
10. What is the Goosehouse?
(a) An outhouse at the Cottages.
(b) A barn filled with geese.
(c) A building for storing grain.
(d) A barn at the Cottages with a leaky roof.
11. What is a deferral?
(a) A refusal to submit to an event.
(b) A postponement of a payment or event.
(c) A set of citizen papers.
(d) A set of travel papers.
12. In chapter 16, what does James B. carry back to a picnic at Hailsham?
(a) A plate of cookies.
(b) A cake.
(c) A watermelon.
(d) A potato salad.
13. Where is the recovery center where Ruth is living during her donations?
14. At what job does Rodney and Chrissie report Ruth's possible worked at?
(a) An artisitc job.
(b) A medical job.
(c) An office job.
(d) A janitor's job.
15. In chapter 15, what do Kathy and Tommy talk about?
(a) The deferrment.
(b) Sneaking away from the Cottages.
(d) Hailsham's students.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Black Barn?
2. What does Madame keep repeating as Tommy and Kathy speak to her in chapter 21?
3. In chapter 14, why does Chrissie say she and Rodney like to buy birthday cards in bulk?
4. How does the narrator say the trip to Norfolk was nearly called off at the beginning of chapter 13?
5. In chapter 15, who is first to find the Judy Bridgewater tape?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)