|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 13, who has been placed in charge of the spending money for the Norfolk trip?
2. What does Ruby ask the narrator forgiveness for in chapter 19?
(a) For stealing Harry from her.
(b) For placing a wedge between she and Tommy.
(c) For lying about her feelings for Miss Geraldine.
(d) For forcing her out of the secret society.
3. In chapter 16, why does the narrator feel she must apologize to Ruth?
(a) She wants to make peace.
(b) She wants to use Ruth to get close to Tommy.
(c) She feels guilty.
(d) She is socially desperate for Ruth's friendship.
4. What does Madame reveal in chapter 21 that the artwork from Hailsham was supposed to show?
(a) The students' intelligence.
(b) The students' creativitiy.
(c) The students' inner child.
(d) The students' souls.
5. What did the students at Hailsham call Madame's collection of their art that she found amusing?
(a) The Group.
(b) The Gallery.
(c) The Artwork.
(d) The Collection.
6. What billboard does the narrator point out in chapter 19 that she hopes will remind Tommy and Ruth of their trip to Norfolk?
(a) A picture of a beach resort.
(b) A picture of an office setting.
(c) A picture of a set of cottages.
(d) A picture of a hotel.
7. What does the narrator think of in chapter 15 when Tommy describes his new art creations to her?
(a) They are childish.
(b) They are symbolic of their existence.
(c) They are a clear revealing of Tommy's feelings.
(d) They are very creative.
8. In chapter 16, what does the narrator suggest is bothering Tommy?
(a) Ruth's decision to become a carer.
(b) Ruth's behavior toward him.
(c) Ruth's choice to end their relationship.
(d) Ruth's inability to be friends with Kathy.
9. In chapter 12, what subject does the narrator say Rodney talked about a lot?
10. How much older than the clone is suspected a possible would be as described in chapter 12?
(a) As much as ninety years.
(b) Twenty to thirty years.
(c) Five to ten years.
(d) Forty to fifty years.
11. In chapter 16, where does Ruth suggest she might one day like to take a trip to?
12. Who tells Chrissie and Rodney that the students at Hailsham were told about deferrals in chapter 13?
13. At the end of chapter 15, how does Ruth go out of her way to show Tommy and Kathy she had known she had acted badly earlier?
(a) She apologizes outright.
(b) She buys them dinner.
(c) She refuses to speak with Chrissie and Rodney.
(d) She includes them in her jokes with Chrissie and Rodney.
14. At what job does Rodney and Chrissie report Ruth's possible worked at?
(a) An artisitc job.
(b) An office job.
(c) A janitor's job.
(d) A medical job.
15. In chapter 15, why does Tommy tell Kathy he wanted to find the Judy Bridgewater tape for her?
(a) He imagined it over and over when it first went missing.
(b) He saw the guardians take it from her room.
(c) He knew Ruth stole it in the first place.
(d) He stole it in the first place.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lie has Ruth told Chrissie that Tommy nearly blows for her in chapter 13?
2. How does the narrator say the trip to Norfolk was nearly called off at the beginning of chapter 13?
3. In chapter 15, why does the narrator tell Tommy she often looks at models in magazines?
4. In chapter 16, who were Kathy and Ruth discussing when Ruth finds the Judy Bridgewater tape?
5. Who suggests in chapter 18 that the narrator become Ruth's carer?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)