|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What lie has Ruth told Chrissie that Tommy nearly blows for her in chapter 13?
(a) That a Hailsham student became a bookkeeper.
(b) That a Hailsham student became a park keeper.
(c) That a Hailsham student became a barrister.
(d) That a Hailsham student became a doctor.
2. In chapter 21, what picture does Tommy notice on Madame's wall?
(a) A picture of Ruth and Laura.
(b) A picture of Miss Emily.
(c) A picture of the Cottages.
(d) A picture of Hailsham.
3. In chapter 18, the narrator learns that Hailsham is to be turned into what?
(a) A holiday retreat.
(b) A public school.
(c) A health spa.
(d) A hotel.
4. In chapter 16, where does Ruth suggest she might one day like to take a trip to?
5. How much older than the clone is suspected a possible would be as described in chapter 12?
(a) Forty to fifty years.
(b) Five to ten years.
(c) Twenty to thirty years.
(d) As much as ninety years.
6. In chapter 15, why does Kathy delay showing Tommy she has found the Judy Bridgewater tape?
(a) She wants to find something better.
(b) She wants to find a better copy.
(c) She wants to prolong the fun.
(d) She wants to allow him to find it.
7. In chapter 13, why does Ruby become irate when Kathy suggests they switch seats?
(a) Ruby does not like Rodney.
(b) Ruby does not want Kathy to grow close to Rodney.
(c) Ruby does not want Kathy growing closer to Tommy.
(d) Ruby does not like Kathy.
8. In chapter 16, what does Ruth begin to forget?
(a) The Cottages.
(b) Her own lies.
(d) Her childhood.
9. In chapter 16, who does Ruth think will be Tommy's next girlfriend when she breaks up with him?
10. In chapter 15, who is first to find the Judy Bridgewater tape?
11. How does the narrator say Ruth responded to the possibility of not taking the trip to Norfolk in chapter 13?
(a) She was nonchalant.
(b) She was relieved.
(c) She became angry.
(d) She was depressed.
12. How does the narrator say the trip to Norfolk was nearly called off at the beginning of chapter 13?
(a) Rodney wrecked the car.
(b) Rodney ran out of money to rent a car.
(c) Rodney failed to secure a car.
(d) Rodney lost the first car he arranged for.
13. In chapter 16, why does Ruth think that Tommy might not want to be romantic with Kathy?
(a) She is not his type.
(b) She is unattractive.
(c) She does not like his art.
(d) She has been promiscuous.
14. What does the narrator think of in chapter 15 when Tommy describes his new art creations to her?
(a) They are very creative.
(b) They are childish.
(c) They are a clear revealing of Tommy's feelings.
(d) They are symbolic of their existence.
15. In chapter 14, what are the office workers doing when Rodney points out Ruth's possible?
(a) Working at computers.
(b) Studying books.
(c) Preparing to go home.
(d) Eating lunch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What promise does the narrator make to Ruth after her second donation in chapter 19?
2. Why do Rodney and Chrissie believe the students from Hailsham might know about deferrals?
3. In chapter 14, who does Ruth tell Chrissie she would need to contact if she wanted a deferral?
4. In chapter 16, how does the narrator make her intention to become a carer immediately known?
5. Why does the narrator refuse to go visit Martin while in Norfolk?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)