|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator refuse to go visit Martin while in Norfolk?
(a) It is against the rules to visit a carer.
(b) It is against the rules to visit donors.
(c) It is against the rules to socialize with other clones outside of approved areas.
(d) It is against the rules to see people who have left the Cottages.
2. Who suggests in chapter 18 that the narrator become Ruth's carer?
3. In chapter 12, what subject does the narrator say Rodney talked about a lot?
4. How does the narrator say Ruth responded to the possibility of not taking the trip to Norfolk in chapter 13?
(a) She was depressed.
(b) She was relieved.
(c) She became angry.
(d) She was nonchalant.
5. In chapter 14, what causes Rodney's group to run away from the office?
(a) A cop tells them to move on.
(b) One of the women waves to them.
(c) A dog begins barking at them.
(d) A child stops and stares at them.
6. What does Madame keep repeating as Tommy and Kathy speak to her in chapter 21?
(a) 'Do you understand?'
(b) 'I go too far?'
(c) 'I don't understand.'
(d) 'Why me?'
7. In chapter 16, what does James B. carry back to a picnic at Hailsham?
(a) A watermelon.
(b) A potato salad.
(c) A cake.
(d) A plate of cookies.
8. In chapter 13, why does Ruby become irate when Kathy suggests they switch seats?
(a) Ruby does not want Kathy to grow close to Rodney.
(b) Ruby does not want Kathy growing closer to Tommy.
(c) Ruby does not like Kathy.
(d) Ruby does not like Rodney.
9. What promise does the narrator make to Ruth after her second donation in chapter 19?
(a) That she will find Madame for her.
(b) That she will be Tommy's carer.
(c) That she will find Miss Geraldine for her.
(d) That she will bring Tommy back to her.
10. Where is the recovery center where Ruth is living during her donations?
11. What does Madame reveal in chapter 21 that the artwork from Hailsham was supposed to show?
(a) The students' intelligence.
(b) The students' souls.
(c) The students' inner child.
(d) The students' creativitiy.
12. In chapter 15, what do Kathy and Tommy talk about?
(b) Sneaking away from the Cottages.
(c) The deferrment.
(d) Hailsham's students.
13. What concern has Tommy admitted to the narrator he has for the creatures in his drawings?
(a) How they might catch food.
(b) How they will keep warm.
(c) How they can reach and fetch things.
(d) How they will be kept safe.
14. In chapter 16, from whom does the narrator keep her distance in her final weeks there?
(a) Tommy and Ruth.
(b) Claire and Charlie.
(c) Laura and Harry.
(d) Rodney and Chrissie.
15. What is a deferral?
(a) A set of travel papers.
(b) A postponement of a payment or event.
(c) A set of citizen papers.
(d) A refusal to submit to an event.
Short Answer Questions
1. After which of Tommy's donations did Kathy become his carer in chapter 20?
2. In chapter 16, who was the first of the Hailsham students to begin their carer training?
3. In chapter 15, who is first to find the Judy Bridgewater tape?
4. In chapter 16, what do Kathy and Ruth make fun of at Tommy's expense?
5. In chapter 15, what does Tommy tell Kathy that he heard Miss Emily said about the artwork Madame took from the school?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)