|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 16, from whom does the narrator keep her distance in her final weeks there?
(a) Claire and Charlie.
(b) Tommy and Ruth.
(c) Laura and Harry.
(d) Rodney and Chrissie.
2. In chapter 16, why does Ruth think that Tommy might not want to be romantic with Kathy?
(a) She is not his type.
(b) She has been promiscuous.
(c) She does not like his art.
(d) She is unattractive.
3. Why does the narrator go to Littlehampton in chapter 20?
(a) To find Tommy's parents.
(b) To find Miss Lucy.
(c) To find Madame.
(d) To find Miss Emily,
4. Why does there seem to be a different set of rules for the clones from Hailsham as compared to the clones from other backgrounds?
(a) The Hailsham students have more money.
(b) The Hailsham students are better educated.
(c) The Hailsham students were raised with more compassion.
(d) The Hailsham students have more supportive parents.
5. Where is the recovery center where Ruth is living during her donations?
6. To where does Ruth and her friends follow the possible from the office in chapter 14?
(a) A gallery.
(b) A gym.
(c) A dog park.
(d) A hospital.
7. In chapter 16, what route does Kathy say was out of bounds at Hailsham?
(a) The path along the guardian's private residences.
(b) The path through the rhubarb patch.
(c) The path along side the woods.
(d) The path beside the classroom windows.
8. How much older than the clone is suspected a possible would be as described in chapter 12?
(a) Twenty to thirty years.
(b) As much as ninety years.
(c) Five to ten years.
(d) Forty to fifty years.
9. What is the one thing the narrator notices most about the drawings Tommy shows her in chapter 15?
(a) The details.
(b) The childishness of them.
(c) The originality.
(d) The oddness of them.
10. Who tells Chrissie and Rodney that the students at Hailsham were told about deferrals in chapter 13?
11. Who first suggests, in chapter 18, that Tommy join Kathy and Ruby in their visit to the marooned boat?
12. In chapter 12, what subject does the narrator say Rodney talked about a lot?
13. In the beginning of chapter 18, the narrator tells the reader what is one of the most difficult parts of working as a carer?
(a) Losing a donor to cancer.
(b) Losing a donor after the fifth donation.
(c) Losing a donor to suicide.
(d) Losing a donor early in the donation cycle.
14. What items does the narrator say in chapter 18 she likes to window shop for and compare to the ones she has at home?
(b) Paper weights.
(d) Desk lamps.
15. In chapter 21, what do Tommy and Kathy try to convince Madame of?
(a) They are in desperate need of money.
(b) They are in danger.
(c) They are in love.
(d) They are brilliant artists.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 14, who does Ruth tell Chrissie she would need to contact if she wanted a deferral?
2. What does the narrator think of in chapter 15 when Tommy describes his new art creations to her?
3. In chapter 16, why does the narrator think she and her companions did not talk about their trip to Norfolk?
4. Who claims to not recall learning about deferrals at Hailsham in chapter 13?
5. In chapter 14, what are the office workers doing when Rodney points out Ruth's possible?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)