|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 15, why does Kathy delay showing Tommy she has found the Judy Bridgewater tape?
(a) She wants to prolong the fun.
(b) She wants to find something better.
(c) She wants to allow him to find it.
(d) She wants to find a better copy.
2. What is a deferral?
(a) A refusal to submit to an event.
(b) A set of citizen papers.
(c) A set of travel papers.
(d) A postponement of a payment or event.
3. After which of Tommy's donations did Kathy become his carer in chapter 20?
4. Why do Rodney and Chrissie believe the students from Hailsham might know about deferrals?
(a) They have more access to the rule books.
(b) They are closer to the guardians.
(c) They were more privledged.
(d) They are smarter.
5. In chapter 18, the narrator mentions the name of a student from Hailsham who had difficulty dealing with being a carer. Who does she mention?
6. What promise does the narrator make to Ruth after her second donation in chapter 19?
(a) That she will bring Tommy back to her.
(b) That she will be Tommy's carer.
(c) That she will find Madame for her.
(d) That she will find Miss Geraldine for her.
7. In chapter 21, what do Tommy and Kathy try to convince Madame of?
(a) They are in desperate need of money.
(b) They are in love.
(c) They are brilliant artists.
(d) They are in danger.
8. In chapter 13, who has been placed in charge of the spending money for the Norfolk trip?
9. How much older than the clone is suspected a possible would be as described in chapter 12?
(a) As much as ninety years.
(b) Twenty to thirty years.
(c) Forty to fifty years.
(d) Five to ten years.
10. What is the definition of a possible as described by the narrator in chapter 12?
(a) The normal person a clone is modeled after.
(b) The scientist who created a specific clone.
(c) The parent of a clone.
(d) The intended recipient of a clone's organs.
11. In chapter 15, why does Tommy tell Kathy he wanted to find the Judy Bridgewater tape for her?
(a) He saw the guardians take it from her room.
(b) He imagined it over and over when it first went missing.
(c) He stole it in the first place.
(d) He knew Ruth stole it in the first place.
12. What lie has Ruth told Chrissie that Tommy nearly blows for her in chapter 13?
(a) That a Hailsham student became a doctor.
(b) That a Hailsham student became a bookkeeper.
(c) That a Hailsham student became a park keeper.
(d) That a Hailsham student became a barrister.
13. In chapter 15, what kind of shops did Tommy and Kathy initially visit in the search for her Judy Bridgewater tape?
(a) Drug stores.
(b) Second-hand shops.
(c) Charity shops.
(d) Grocery stores.
14. In the beginning of chapter 18, the narrator tells the reader what is one of the most difficult parts of working as a carer?
(a) Losing a donor to suicide.
(b) Losing a donor early in the donation cycle.
(c) Losing a donor to cancer.
(d) Losing a donor after the fifth donation.
15. In chapter 16, what route does Kathy say was out of bounds at Hailsham?
(a) The path along the guardian's private residences.
(b) The path along side the woods.
(c) The path through the rhubarb patch.
(d) The path beside the classroom windows.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 14, what are the office workers doing when Rodney points out Ruth's possible?
2. What does the narrator think of in chapter 15 when Tommy describes his new art creations to her?
3. At what point in her donation cycle did Chrissie die?
4. In chapter 21, what picture does Tommy notice on Madame's wall?
5. Who appears out of the darkness of the room at the end of chapter 21?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)