|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What items does the narrator say in chapter 18 she likes to window shop for and compare to the ones she has at home?
(b) Desk lamps.
(c) Paper weights.
2. In chapter 16, why does Ruth think that Tommy might not want to be romantic with Kathy?
(a) She is unattractive.
(b) She does not like his art.
(c) She is not his type.
(d) She has been promiscuous.
3. What does the narrator think of in chapter 15 when Tommy describes his new art creations to her?
(a) They are childish.
(b) They are very creative.
(c) They are symbolic of their existence.
(d) They are a clear revealing of Tommy's feelings.
4. In chapter 15, what does Tommy suggest Madame does with the art from the Hailsham students?
(a) Uses it to determine when a clone should train as a carer.
(b) Uses it to determine who should become a donor.
(c) Uses it to raise money for the school.
(d) Uses it to determine who should receive deferments.
5. In chapter 14, what was the predominate theme of the artwork in Portway Studios?
(a) Space exploration.
(d) The sea.
6. In chapter 14, who does Ruth tell Chrissie she would need to contact if she wanted a deferral?
(c) Miss Emily.
(d) The owner of the Cottages.
7. What is a deferral?
(a) A postponement of a payment or event.
(b) A set of citizen papers.
(c) A set of travel papers.
(d) A refusal to submit to an event.
8. In the beginning of chapter 18, the narrator tells the reader what is one of the most difficult parts of working as a carer?
(a) Losing a donor to cancer.
(b) Losing a donor after the fifth donation.
(c) Losing a donor early in the donation cycle.
(d) Losing a donor to suicide.
9. Who tells Chrissie and Rodney that the students at Hailsham were told about deferrals in chapter 13?
10. In chapter 21, what picture does Tommy notice on Madame's wall?
(a) A picture of the Cottages.
(b) A picture of Miss Emily.
(c) A picture of Hailsham.
(d) A picture of Ruth and Laura.
11. In chapter 12, what subject does the narrator say Rodney talked about a lot?
12. What does Ruth want to do after being run off from the office where her possible works in chapter 14?
(a) She wants to go back.
(b) She wants to forget the whole episode.
(c) She wants to go home.
(d) She wants to confront the woman.
13. Who first suggests, in chapter 18, that Tommy join Kathy and Ruby in their visit to the marooned boat?
14. How much older than the clone is suspected a possible would be as described in chapter 12?
(a) Twenty to thirty years.
(b) Five to ten years.
(c) Forty to fifty years.
(d) As much as ninety years.
15. What kind of drawings does the narrator find Tommy making in chapter 20?
(a) Dogs and cats.
(b) Pictures of Ruth.
(c) Imaginary animals.
(d) Portraits of donors.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 21, what do Tommy and Kathy try to convince Madame of?
2. In chapter 15, what does Tommy tell Kathy that he heard Miss Emily said about the artwork Madame took from the school?
3. How does the narrator say the trip to Norfolk was nearly called off at the beginning of chapter 13?
4. What does Madame keep repeating as Tommy and Kathy speak to her in chapter 21?
5. In chapter 13, who has been placed in charge of the spending money for the Norfolk trip?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)