|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 15, what does Tommy tell Kathy that he heard Miss Emily said about the artwork Madame took from the school?
(a) It was to provide money for their futures.
(b) It proved they were intelligent.
(c) It showed each student's future potential.
(d) It revealed their souls.
2. Why does the narrator go to Littlehampton in chapter 20?
(a) To find Tommy's parents.
(b) To find Miss Lucy.
(c) To find Madame.
(d) To find Miss Emily,
3. Where is the recovery center where Ruth is living during her donations?
4. In chapter 16, what does Ruth begin to forget?
(b) Her own lies.
(c) Her childhood.
(d) The Cottages.
5. In chapter 12, the narrator suggests that the clones believed they could learn what from meeting their possible?
(a) What their siblings were like.
(b) What their future job would be.
(c) Who their spouse might be.
(d) Who they were deep down.
6. To where does Ruth and her friends follow the possible from the office in chapter 14?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A gallery.
(c) A dog park.
(d) A gym.
7. In chapter 14, what causes Rodney's group to run away from the office?
(a) A cop tells them to move on.
(b) A child stops and stares at them.
(c) One of the women waves to them.
(d) A dog begins barking at them.
8. At the end of chapter 15, how does Ruth go out of her way to show Tommy and Kathy she had known she had acted badly earlier?
(a) She apologizes outright.
(b) She includes them in her jokes with Chrissie and Rodney.
(c) She refuses to speak with Chrissie and Rodney.
(d) She buys them dinner.
9. In chapter 16, who was the first of the Hailsham students to begin their carer training?
10. In chapter 21, what do Tommy and Kathy try to convince Madame of?
(a) They are in love.
(b) They are in danger.
(c) They are in desperate need of money.
(d) They are brilliant artists.
11. In chapter 15, what do Kathy and Tommy talk about?
(a) The deferrment.
(b) Hailsham's students.
(c) Sneaking away from the Cottages.
12. In chapter 16, what does the narrator suggest is bothering Tommy?
(a) Ruth's choice to end their relationship.
(b) Ruth's inability to be friends with Kathy.
(c) Ruth's decision to become a carer.
(d) Ruth's behavior toward him.
13. In chapter 16, what do Kathy and Ruth make fun of at Tommy's expense?
(a) His behavior.
(b) His drawings.
(c) His romantic side.
(d) His appearance.
14. What items does the narrator say in chapter 18 she likes to window shop for and compare to the ones she has at home?
(c) Desk lamps.
(d) Paper weights.
15. What does Ruby ask the narrator forgiveness for in chapter 19?
(a) For placing a wedge between she and Tommy.
(b) For lying about her feelings for Miss Geraldine.
(c) For forcing her out of the secret society.
(d) For stealing Harry from her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Madame keep repeating as Tommy and Kathy speak to her in chapter 21?
2. What are dream futures, as the narrator describes in chapter 12?
3. What one sign of her health struggles does Ruth show during the walk to the boat in chapter 18?
4. Who first suggests, in chapter 18, that Tommy join Kathy and Ruby in their visit to the marooned boat?
5. What does Madame reveal in chapter 21 that the artwork from Hailsham was supposed to show?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)