|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much older than the clone is suspected a possible would be as described in chapter 12?
(a) Five to ten years.
(b) Twenty to thirty years.
(c) Forty to fifty years.
(d) As much as ninety years.
2. In chapter 15, why does Tommy tell Kathy he wanted to find the Judy Bridgewater tape for her?
(a) He imagined it over and over when it first went missing.
(b) He knew Ruth stole it in the first place.
(c) He stole it in the first place.
(d) He saw the guardians take it from her room.
3. What job does Martin (Rodney and Chrissie's friend mentioned in chapter 13) have?
(c) Construction worker.
4. What promise does the narrator make to Ruth after her second donation in chapter 19?
(a) That she will find Miss Geraldine for her.
(b) That she will be Tommy's carer.
(c) That she will find Madame for her.
(d) That she will bring Tommy back to her.
5. In chapter 16, why does Ruth think that Tommy might not want to be romantic with Kathy?
(a) She is unattractive.
(b) She has been promiscuous.
(c) She does not like his art.
(d) She is not his type.
6. Why do Rodney and Chrissie believe the students from Hailsham might know about deferrals?
(a) They are smarter.
(b) They are closer to the guardians.
(c) They were more privledged.
(d) They have more access to the rule books.
7. Why does the narrator go to Littlehampton in chapter 20?
(a) To find Madame.
(b) To find Tommy's parents.
(c) To find Miss Emily,
(d) To find Miss Lucy.
8. What is the Goosehouse?
(a) A building for storing grain.
(b) A barn filled with geese.
(c) An outhouse at the Cottages.
(d) A barn at the Cottages with a leaky roof.
9. What does the narrator think of in chapter 15 when Tommy describes his new art creations to her?
(a) They are childish.
(b) They are symbolic of their existence.
(c) They are very creative.
(d) They are a clear revealing of Tommy's feelings.
10. In chapter 16, what route does Kathy say was out of bounds at Hailsham?
(a) The path along side the woods.
(b) The path beside the classroom windows.
(c) The path along the guardian's private residences.
(d) The path through the rhubarb patch.
11. To where does Ruth and her friends follow the possible from the office in chapter 14?
(a) A dog park.
(b) A gallery.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A gym.
12. After which of Tommy's donations did Kathy become his carer in chapter 20?
13. In chapter 16, who were Kathy and Ruth discussing when Ruth finds the Judy Bridgewater tape?
14. In chapter 21, what do Tommy and Kathy try to convince Madame of?
(a) They are in desperate need of money.
(b) They are in love.
(c) They are brilliant artists.
(d) They are in danger.
15. In chapter 15, why does the narrator tell Tommy she often looks at models in magazines?
(a) To find lost friends.
(b) To find her parents.
(c) To find someone to admire.
(d) To find her possible.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 12, what subject does the narrator say Rodney talked about a lot?
2. What does Madame reveal in chapter 21 that the artwork from Hailsham was supposed to show?
3. In chapter 16, why does the narrator feel she must apologize to Ruth?
4. What is a deferral?
5. In chapter 16, what does Ruth begin to forget?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)