|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator think of in chapter 15 when Tommy describes his new art creations to her?
(a) They are symbolic of their existence.
(b) They are a clear revealing of Tommy's feelings.
(c) They are childish.
(d) They are very creative.
2. In chapter 16, why does Ruth think that Tommy might not want to be romantic with Kathy?
(a) She is unattractive.
(b) She does not like his art.
(c) She is not his type.
(d) She has been promiscuous.
3. In chapter 15, why does Kathy delay showing Tommy she has found the Judy Bridgewater tape?
(a) She wants to find a better copy.
(b) She wants to find something better.
(c) She wants to prolong the fun.
(d) She wants to allow him to find it.
4. In chapter 21, what picture does Tommy notice on Madame's wall?
(a) A picture of Ruth and Laura.
(b) A picture of the Cottages.
(c) A picture of Hailsham.
(d) A picture of Miss Emily.
5. What promise does the narrator make to Ruth after her second donation in chapter 19?
(a) That she will find Miss Geraldine for her.
(b) That she will bring Tommy back to her.
(c) That she will be Tommy's carer.
(d) That she will find Madame for her.
6. What does Ruby ask the narrator forgiveness for in chapter 19?
(a) For placing a wedge between she and Tommy.
(b) For stealing Harry from her.
(c) For forcing her out of the secret society.
(d) For lying about her feelings for Miss Geraldine.
7. In chapter 16, from whom does the narrator keep her distance in her final weeks there?
(a) Rodney and Chrissie.
(b) Claire and Charlie.
(c) Laura and Harry.
(d) Tommy and Ruth.
8. How does the narrator say Ruth responded to the possibility of not taking the trip to Norfolk in chapter 13?
(a) She was depressed.
(b) She became angry.
(c) She was nonchalant.
(d) She was relieved.
9. Who first suggests, in chapter 18, that Tommy join Kathy and Ruby in their visit to the marooned boat?
10. In chapter 16, what does the narrator suggest is bothering Tommy?
(a) Ruth's inability to be friends with Kathy.
(b) Ruth's behavior toward him.
(c) Ruth's choice to end their relationship.
(d) Ruth's decision to become a carer.
11. At what job does Rodney and Chrissie report Ruth's possible worked at?
(a) A medical job.
(b) An artisitc job.
(c) A janitor's job.
(d) An office job.
12. In chapter 12, the narrator suggests that the clones believed they could learn what from meeting their possible?
(a) What their future job would be.
(b) Who they were deep down.
(c) What their siblings were like.
(d) Who their spouse might be.
13. What does Madame keep repeating as Tommy and Kathy speak to her in chapter 21?
(a) 'I go too far?'
(b) 'I don't understand.'
(c) 'Why me?'
(d) 'Do you understand?'
14. In chapter 15, why does Tommy tell Kathy he wanted to find the Judy Bridgewater tape for her?
(a) He stole it in the first place.
(b) He imagined it over and over when it first went missing.
(c) He saw the guardians take it from her room.
(d) He knew Ruth stole it in the first place.
15. In chapter 14, what are the office workers doing when Rodney points out Ruth's possible?
(a) Studying books.
(b) Preparing to go home.
(c) Working at computers.
(d) Eating lunch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suggests in chapter 18 that the narrator become Ruth's carer?
2. In chapter 12, what subject does the narrator say Rodney talked about a lot?
3. Who claims to not recall learning about deferrals at Hailsham in chapter 13?
4. How does the narrator say the trip to Norfolk was nearly called off at the beginning of chapter 13?
5. In chapter 16, who were Kathy and Ruth discussing when Ruth finds the Judy Bridgewater tape?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)