|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What one sign of her health struggles does Ruth show during the walk to the boat in chapter 18?
(a) She is short of breath.
(b) She must stop often.
(c) She walks with a limp.
(d) She cannot walk at all.
2. After which of Tommy's donations did Kathy become his carer in chapter 20?
3. In chapter 14, what was the predominate theme of the artwork in Portway Studios?
(b) The sea.
(c) Space exploration.
4. Who suggests in chapter 18 that the narrator become Ruth's carer?
5. What are dream futures, as the narrator describes in chapter 12?
(a) A future the clones know will never come true.
(b) A future the clones plan to pursue before their donations begin.
(c) A future the clones plan to pursue once their donations are done.
(d) A future that the clones hope they can earn the money to pursue while training as carers.
6. At the end of chapter 15, how does Ruth go out of her way to show Tommy and Kathy she had known she had acted badly earlier?
(a) She includes them in her jokes with Chrissie and Rodney.
(b) She buys them dinner.
(c) She refuses to speak with Chrissie and Rodney.
(d) She apologizes outright.
7. In chapter 15, what does Tommy suggest Madame does with the art from the Hailsham students?
(a) Uses it to determine who should receive deferments.
(b) Uses it to raise money for the school.
(c) Uses it to determine who should become a donor.
(d) Uses it to determine when a clone should train as a carer.
8. What is the one thing the narrator notices most about the drawings Tommy shows her in chapter 15?
(a) The details.
(b) The originality.
(c) The childishness of them.
(d) The oddness of them.
9. How does the narrator say the trip to Norfolk was nearly called off at the beginning of chapter 13?
(a) Rodney wrecked the car.
(b) Rodney failed to secure a car.
(c) Rodney lost the first car he arranged for.
(d) Rodney ran out of money to rent a car.
10. What items does the narrator say in chapter 18 she likes to window shop for and compare to the ones she has at home?
(b) Desk lamps.
(c) Paper weights.
11. In chapter 16, from whom does the narrator keep her distance in her final weeks there?
(a) Rodney and Chrissie.
(b) Tommy and Ruth.
(c) Laura and Harry.
(d) Claire and Charlie.
12. In chapter 14, who does Ruth tell Chrissie she would need to contact if she wanted a deferral?
(a) The owner of the Cottages.
(b) Miss Emily.
13. What job does Martin (Rodney and Chrissie's friend mentioned in chapter 13) have?
(d) Construction worker.
14. In chapter 12, what subject does the narrator say Rodney talked about a lot?
15. In chapter 21, what picture does Tommy notice on Madame's wall?
(a) A picture of Hailsham.
(b) A picture of the Cottages.
(c) A picture of Miss Emily.
(d) A picture of Ruth and Laura.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 16, how does the narrator make her intention to become a carer immediately known?
2. In chapter 16, why does the narrator feel she must apologize to Ruth?
3. In chapter 14, what causes Rodney's group to run away from the office?
4. What concern has Tommy admitted to the narrator he has for the creatures in his drawings?
5. In chapter 15, who is first to find the Judy Bridgewater tape?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)