|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What items does the narrator say in chapter 18 she likes to window shop for and compare to the ones she has at home?
(a) Desk lamps.
(b) Paper weights.
2. In chapter 15, why does the narrator tell Tommy she often looks at models in magazines?
(a) To find lost friends.
(b) To find her parents.
(c) To find her possible.
(d) To find someone to admire.
3. In chapter 16, where does Ruth suggest she might one day like to take a trip to?
4. What does the narrator notice about Madame's door in chapter 21 as they enter her house?
(a) It has glass panels.
(b) It is a steel security door.
(c) It is loaded with locks.
(d) It allows too much light inside.
5. In chapter 16, why does Ruth think that Tommy might not want to be romantic with Kathy?
(a) She has been promiscuous.
(b) She does not like his art.
(c) She is unattractive.
(d) She is not his type.
6. At what job does Rodney and Chrissie report Ruth's possible worked at?
(a) A janitor's job.
(b) An artisitc job.
(c) An office job.
(d) A medical job.
7. In chapter 16, what do Kathy and Ruth make fun of at Tommy's expense?
(a) His romantic side.
(b) His behavior.
(c) His drawings.
(d) His appearance.
8. In chapter 15, what kind of shops did Tommy and Kathy initially visit in the search for her Judy Bridgewater tape?
(a) Grocery stores.
(b) Second-hand shops.
(c) Charity shops.
(d) Drug stores.
9. In chapter 16, what does Ruth begin to forget?
(a) The Cottages.
(b) Her childhood.
(c) Her own lies.
10. In chapter 16, why does the narrator think she and her companions did not talk about their trip to Norfolk?
(a) They were anxious to hide the truth.
(b) They were waiting for Ruth to say something.
(c) They were embarrassed for Ruth.
(d) They were embarrassed for themselves.
11. In chapter 12, the narrator suggests that the clones believed they could learn what from meeting their possible?
(a) What their siblings were like.
(b) Who they were deep down.
(c) Who their spouse might be.
(d) What their future job would be.
12. How does the narrator say the trip to Norfolk was nearly called off at the beginning of chapter 13?
(a) Rodney ran out of money to rent a car.
(b) Rodney lost the first car he arranged for.
(c) Rodney wrecked the car.
(d) Rodney failed to secure a car.
13. What is the definition of a possible as described by the narrator in chapter 12?
(a) The parent of a clone.
(b) The intended recipient of a clone's organs.
(c) The normal person a clone is modeled after.
(d) The scientist who created a specific clone.
14. Who suggests in chapter 18 that the narrator become Ruth's carer?
15. In chapter 16, what route does Kathy say was out of bounds at Hailsham?
(a) The path through the rhubarb patch.
(b) The path along side the woods.
(c) The path beside the classroom windows.
(d) The path along the guardian's private residences.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Madame reveal in chapter 21 that the artwork from Hailsham was supposed to show?
2. In chapter 14, what was the predominate theme of the artwork in Portway Studios?
3. In chapter 16, from whom does the narrator keep her distance in her final weeks there?
4. Why does the narrator refuse to go visit Martin while in Norfolk?
5. In chapter 15, why does Kathy delay showing Tommy she has found the Judy Bridgewater tape?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)