|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where does Ruth and her friends follow the possible from the office in chapter 14?
(a) A gallery.
(b) A gym.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A dog park.
2. What job does Martin (Rodney and Chrissie's friend mentioned in chapter 13) have?
(c) Construction worker.
3. In chapter 14, what are the office workers doing when Rodney points out Ruth's possible?
(a) Preparing to go home.
(b) Working at computers.
(c) Eating lunch.
(d) Studying books.
4. In chapter 13, why does Ruby become irate when Kathy suggests they switch seats?
(a) Ruby does not want Kathy growing closer to Tommy.
(b) Ruby does not like Kathy.
(c) Ruby does not want Kathy to grow close to Rodney.
(d) Ruby does not like Rodney.
5. At what job does Rodney and Chrissie report Ruth's possible worked at?
(a) A janitor's job.
(b) An office job.
(c) An artisitc job.
(d) A medical job.
6. In chapter 16, why does Ruth think that Tommy might not want to be romantic with Kathy?
(a) She is unattractive.
(b) She does not like his art.
(c) She has been promiscuous.
(d) She is not his type.
7. In chapter 16, what do Kathy and Ruth make fun of at Tommy's expense?
(a) His behavior.
(b) His appearance.
(c) His drawings.
(d) His romantic side.
8. In chapter 15, why does Tommy tell Kathy he wanted to find the Judy Bridgewater tape for her?
(a) He imagined it over and over when it first went missing.
(b) He stole it in the first place.
(c) He saw the guardians take it from her room.
(d) He knew Ruth stole it in the first place.
9. Why does the narrator go to Littlehampton in chapter 20?
(a) To find Madame.
(b) To find Miss Emily,
(c) To find Tommy's parents.
(d) To find Miss Lucy.
10. Who suggests in chapter 18 that the narrator become Ruth's carer?
11. What does Ruth want to do after being run off from the office where her possible works in chapter 14?
(a) She wants to confront the woman.
(b) She wants to go back.
(c) She wants to forget the whole episode.
(d) She wants to go home.
12. Who tells Chrissie and Rodney that the students at Hailsham were told about deferrals in chapter 13?
13. In chapter 14, why does Chrissie say she and Rodney like to buy birthday cards in bulk?
(a) They are a cheap alternative to construction paper.
(b) They like the art on them.
(c) They like to use them as postcards.
(d) They are cheap and are always on hand.
14. In chapter 15, who is first to find the Judy Bridgewater tape?
15. What did the students at Hailsham call Madame's collection of their art that she found amusing?
(a) The Group.
(b) The Artwork.
(c) The Collection.
(d) The Gallery.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of chapter 18, the narrator tells the reader what is one of the most difficult parts of working as a carer?
2. What one sign of her health struggles does Ruth show during the walk to the boat in chapter 18?
3. What does Madame keep repeating as Tommy and Kathy speak to her in chapter 21?
4. What kind of drawings does the narrator find Tommy making in chapter 20?
5. In chapter 18, the narrator learns that Hailsham is to be turned into what?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)