|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Kingsfield before it became a donor center?
(a) A public hospital.
(b) A health spa.
(c) A holiday camp.
(d) A private school.
2. In chapter 14, what are the office workers doing when Rodney points out Ruth's possible?
(a) Working at computers.
(b) Eating lunch.
(c) Studying books.
(d) Preparing to go home.
3. In chapter 15, what kind of shops did Tommy and Kathy initially visit in the search for her Judy Bridgewater tape?
(a) Drug stores.
(b) Second-hand shops.
(c) Grocery stores.
(d) Charity shops.
4. What one sign of her health struggles does Ruth show during the walk to the boat in chapter 18?
(a) She cannot walk at all.
(b) She walks with a limp.
(c) She must stop often.
(d) She is short of breath.
5. In chapter 16, who were Kathy and Ruth discussing when Ruth finds the Judy Bridgewater tape?
6. In chapter 14, why does Chrissie say she and Rodney like to buy birthday cards in bulk?
(a) They like to use them as postcards.
(b) They are cheap and are always on hand.
(c) They are a cheap alternative to construction paper.
(d) They like the art on them.
7. In chapter 16, how does the narrator make her intention to become a carer immediately known?
(a) She asks the guardians if she can start early.
(b) She tells Ruth.
(c) She tells Keffers.
(d) She asks Rodney for help.
8. In chapter 15, what do Kathy and Tommy talk about?
(a) Hailsham's students.
(c) Sneaking away from the Cottages.
(d) The deferrment.
9. In chapter 12, what subject does the narrator say Rodney talked about a lot?
10. At what point in her donation cycle did Chrissie die?
(a) After the fourth.
(b) After the third.
(c) After the first.
(d) After the second.
11. In chapter 13, why does Ruby become irate when Kathy suggests they switch seats?
(a) Ruby does not like Rodney.
(b) Ruby does not like Kathy.
(c) Ruby does not want Kathy growing closer to Tommy.
(d) Ruby does not want Kathy to grow close to Rodney.
12. In chapter 16, what route does Kathy say was out of bounds at Hailsham?
(a) The path along side the woods.
(b) The path beside the classroom windows.
(c) The path along the guardian's private residences.
(d) The path through the rhubarb patch.
13. What is the Black Barn?
(a) A restaurant near the Cottages.
(b) A bar where the clones hang out.
(c) A building where supplies are stored.
(d) A building at the Cottages.
14. In chapter 15, why does Kathy delay showing Tommy she has found the Judy Bridgewater tape?
(a) She wants to prolong the fun.
(b) She wants to find a better copy.
(c) She wants to allow him to find it.
(d) She wants to find something better.
15. What lie has Ruth told Chrissie that Tommy nearly blows for her in chapter 13?
(a) That a Hailsham student became a park keeper.
(b) That a Hailsham student became a doctor.
(c) That a Hailsham student became a bookkeeper.
(d) That a Hailsham student became a barrister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Madame keep repeating as Tommy and Kathy speak to her in chapter 21?
2. What is the one thing the narrator notices most about the drawings Tommy shows her in chapter 15?
3. To where does Ruth and her friends follow the possible from the office in chapter 14?
4. Why does there seem to be a different set of rules for the clones from Hailsham as compared to the clones from other backgrounds?
5. In chapter 12, the narrator suggests that the clones believed they could learn what from meeting their possible?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)