|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one thing the narrator notices most about the drawings Tommy shows her in chapter 15?
(a) The originality.
(b) The oddness of them.
(c) The details.
(d) The childishness of them.
2. What does the narrator think of in chapter 15 when Tommy describes his new art creations to her?
(a) They are a clear revealing of Tommy's feelings.
(b) They are symbolic of their existence.
(c) They are childish.
(d) They are very creative.
3. In chapter 15, why does Tommy tell Kathy he wanted to find the Judy Bridgewater tape for her?
(a) He saw the guardians take it from her room.
(b) He imagined it over and over when it first went missing.
(c) He knew Ruth stole it in the first place.
(d) He stole it in the first place.
4. In chapter 16, where does Ruth suggest she might one day like to take a trip to?
5. What one sign of her health struggles does Ruth show during the walk to the boat in chapter 18?
(a) She must stop often.
(b) She is short of breath.
(c) She walks with a limp.
(d) She cannot walk at all.
6. In chapter 16, what does Ruth begin to forget?
(a) The Cottages.
(b) Her own lies.
(c) Her childhood.
7. What lie has Ruth told Chrissie that Tommy nearly blows for her in chapter 13?
(a) That a Hailsham student became a bookkeeper.
(b) That a Hailsham student became a park keeper.
(c) That a Hailsham student became a doctor.
(d) That a Hailsham student became a barrister.
8. In chapter 15, who is first to find the Judy Bridgewater tape?
9. In chapter 16, what do Kathy and Ruth make fun of at Tommy's expense?
(a) His romantic side.
(b) His appearance.
(c) His drawings.
(d) His behavior.
10. In chapter 16, why does the narrator feel she must apologize to Ruth?
(a) She feels guilty.
(b) She wants to make peace.
(c) She is socially desperate for Ruth's friendship.
(d) She wants to use Ruth to get close to Tommy.
11. In chapter 13, why does Ruby become irate when Kathy suggests they switch seats?
(a) Ruby does not like Kathy.
(b) Ruby does not want Kathy to grow close to Rodney.
(c) Ruby does not like Rodney.
(d) Ruby does not want Kathy growing closer to Tommy.
12. What was Kingsfield before it became a donor center?
(a) A public hospital.
(b) A health spa.
(c) A private school.
(d) A holiday camp.
13. In chapter 16, what route does Kathy say was out of bounds at Hailsham?
(a) The path along the guardian's private residences.
(b) The path along side the woods.
(c) The path through the rhubarb patch.
(d) The path beside the classroom windows.
14. In chapter 12, what subject does the narrator say Rodney talked about a lot?
15. At what point in her donation cycle did Chrissie die?
(a) After the third.
(b) After the first.
(c) After the fourth.
(d) After the second.
Short Answer Questions
1. What promise does the narrator make to Ruth after her second donation in chapter 19?
2. In chapter 15, what does Tommy suggest Madame does with the art from the Hailsham students?
3. In chapter 14, why does Chrissie say she and Rodney like to buy birthday cards in bulk?
4. In chapter 15, what does Tommy tell Kathy that he heard Miss Emily said about the artwork Madame took from the school?
5. Why does the narrator go to Littlehampton in chapter 20?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)