|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 16, why does the narrator feel she must apologize to Ruth?
(a) She is socially desperate for Ruth's friendship.
(b) She wants to use Ruth to get close to Tommy.
(c) She feels guilty.
(d) She wants to make peace.
2. Why do Rodney and Chrissie believe the students from Hailsham might know about deferrals?
(a) They have more access to the rule books.
(b) They are closer to the guardians.
(c) They are smarter.
(d) They were more privledged.
3. In chapter 18, the narrator mentions the name of a student from Hailsham who had difficulty dealing with being a carer. Who does she mention?
4. Where is the recovery center where Ruth is living during her donations?
5. In chapter 16, what do Kathy and Ruth make fun of at Tommy's expense?
(a) His behavior.
(b) His appearance.
(c) His romantic side.
(d) His drawings.
6. What does Ruby ask the narrator forgiveness for in chapter 19?
(a) For lying about her feelings for Miss Geraldine.
(b) For forcing her out of the secret society.
(c) For placing a wedge between she and Tommy.
(d) For stealing Harry from her.
7. What are dream futures, as the narrator describes in chapter 12?
(a) A future the clones plan to pursue once their donations are done.
(b) A future that the clones hope they can earn the money to pursue while training as carers.
(c) A future the clones know will never come true.
(d) A future the clones plan to pursue before their donations begin.
8. To where does Ruth and her friends follow the possible from the office in chapter 14?
(a) A gallery.
(b) A dog park.
(c) A gym.
(d) A hospital.
9. In chapter 21, what picture does Tommy notice on Madame's wall?
(a) A picture of the Cottages.
(b) A picture of Miss Emily.
(c) A picture of Hailsham.
(d) A picture of Ruth and Laura.
10. In chapter 14, who does Ruth tell Chrissie she would need to contact if she wanted a deferral?
(b) Miss Emily.
(d) The owner of the Cottages.
11. In chapter 16, from whom does the narrator keep her distance in her final weeks there?
(a) Laura and Harry.
(b) Claire and Charlie.
(c) Tommy and Ruth.
(d) Rodney and Chrissie.
12. What lie has Ruth told Chrissie that Tommy nearly blows for her in chapter 13?
(a) That a Hailsham student became a bookkeeper.
(b) That a Hailsham student became a doctor.
(c) That a Hailsham student became a barrister.
(d) That a Hailsham student became a park keeper.
13. In chapter 15, what kind of shops did Tommy and Kathy initially visit in the search for her Judy Bridgewater tape?
(a) Charity shops.
(b) Grocery stores.
(c) Drug stores.
(d) Second-hand shops.
14. Who suggests in chapter 18 that the narrator become Ruth's carer?
15. In chapter 15, why does Tommy tell Kathy he wanted to find the Judy Bridgewater tape for her?
(a) He saw the guardians take it from her room.
(b) He imagined it over and over when it first went missing.
(c) He stole it in the first place.
(d) He knew Ruth stole it in the first place.
Short Answer Questions
1. What concern has Tommy admitted to the narrator he has for the creatures in his drawings?
2. What does the narrator think of in chapter 15 when Tommy describes his new art creations to her?
3. In chapter 16, why does the narrator think she and her companions did not talk about their trip to Norfolk?
4. What does Madame reveal in chapter 21 that the artwork from Hailsham was supposed to show?
5. In chapter 14, what are the office workers doing when Rodney points out Ruth's possible?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)