|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would the narrator often hold while listening to her favorite song, Never Let Me Go?
(a) A baby doll.
(b) A hairbrush.
(c) A curling iron.
(d) A pillow.
2. Who is Judy Bridgewater?
(a) A singer.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A carer.
3. In whose room does Tommy admit in chapter 11 that he saw the narrator looking at similar magazines as the ones he finds her looking at in the boiler room in chapter 11?
4. What book is the narrator reading in chapter 10 that Ruth rudely begins to describe the plot of to her?
(a) Daniel Deronda.
(b) A Tale of Two Cities.
(c) Great Expectations.
(d) Oliver Twist.
5. What is the Lost Corner?
(a) What Miss Emily calls Norfolk becasue of its location.
(b) An abandoned broom closet at Hailsham.
(c) A dark corner in Kathy's house.
(d) The town where the Cottages is located.
6. What does the narrator describe as a piece of art she bought at an Exchange in chapter 8?
(a) A paper mache doll.
(b) A collage of animal pictures.
(c) A calendar.
(d) A small elephant sculpture.
7. What work of art did Tommy create as a joke that began his torment from other students, as described in chapter 2?
(a) A cathedral.
(b) An elephant.
(c) A lion.
(d) A palace.
8. Where at Hailsham, as the narrator describes in chapter 2, was the best place to have a private talk?
(a) The lunch queue.
(b) The art room.
(c) The dorm bathrooms.
(d) The music room.
9. How long after the secret guard ended did Ruth appear in class with a pencil case?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Five years.
10. Who first suggested that Madame was frightened of the students at Hailsham?
11. What does the narrator mentioned she often used for blankets in chapter 11?
(a) Blankets donated by rich widows.
(b) Wool cloth scraps.
(c) Old curtains and carpet peices.
(d) Old clothing.
12. Who is Miss Geraldine?
(a) A donor at the clinic where Kathy works.
(b) A teacher at the Cottages.
(c) A guardian at Hailsham who is everyone's favorite.
(d) A carer in Kathy's clinic.
13. What does Tommy tell the narrator that he thinks Miss Lucy feels the students are not being taught properly?
(a) About donations.
(b) About their work as carers.
(c) About their future careers.
(d) About art.
14. What are tokens?
(a) Gifts for good grades at Hailsham.
(b) Coins used in video games.
(c) Rewards students are given for the artwork they supply to the exchanges.
(d) Toys for small children at Hailsham.
15. Who was Moira B?
(a) A girl who lived in the same dorm room with Ruth.
(b) A student in the narrator's art class.
(c) Another secret guard leader.
(d) Another girl kicked out of the secret guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose behavior does the narrator accuse Ruth of copying at the end of chapter 10?
2. What is a Walkman?
3. How old is the narrating character?
4. Who decides to comfort Tommy at the end of chapter 1 during his temper tantrum?
5. What is the name of the narrating character?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)