|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who plots to prove Madame's fear of the students at Hailsham?
2. What is Bramble, as described in chapter 4?
(a) An imaginary cow.
(b) A dog.
(c) A donkey.
(d) An imaginary horse.
3. What difference did the narrator begin to note in Tommy during their Senior 2 year, as described in chapter 2?
(a) He stopped losing his temper.
(b) He stopped hanging out with his friends.
(c) He stopped playing sports.
(d) He stopped going to classes.
4. Who asks Tommy to get back into his art in chapter 9?
(c) Miss Lucy.
(d) Miss Emily.
5. Why did the students at Hailsham love the sports pavilion?
(a) It represented their favorite activities.
(b) It reminded them of cottages in storybooks.
(c) It was filled with good smells.
(d) It was where they held their favorite classes.
6. Who admits to the students that she has indulged in the forbidden vice in chapter 6?
(a) Miss Geraldine.
(b) Miss Emily.
(c) Miss Lucy.
(d) Miss Jody.
7. What was the secret guards evidence against the conspirators?
(a) Drawings of crime scenes.
(b) Written confessions.
(c) Pictures of strangers.
(d) Witnessed conversations.
8. What is the narrator doing as she recalls these events from her past, as a student at Hailsham?
(b) Preparing a funeral.
(c) Visiting a donor.
(d) Talking to a friend.
9. What vice is strongly discouraged at Hailsham?
(c) Premarital sex.
10. In chapter 11, what does the narrator define courses as?
(a) Training to be a donor.
(b) Training to be a carer.
(c) Training to be a vet.
(d) Training to be a nurse.
11. When does the narrator hope she might be able to have more time to listen to her favorite music tape?
(a) When she settles down to have a family.
(b) When she retires from her bookkeeping job.
(c) When she stops being a carer.
(d) When she leave college.
12. Who does Ruth want to know if the narrator likes at the end of chapter 4?
(a) Miss Lucy.
(b) Miss Geraldine.
(c) Miss Emily.
(d) Miss Jody.
13. At the end of chapter 4, what does Ruth accuse the narrator of doing all wrong?
(a) Putting their toys away.
(b) Drawing pictures of horses.
(c) Putting her imaginary horses away.
(d) Drawing a hopscotch grid on the sidewalk.
14. Who decides to comfort Tommy at the end of chapter 1 during his temper tantrum?
15. Why does Ruth ask Kathy to ask Tommy to come back to her in chapter 9?
(a) Because Kathy has mind washing powers.
(b) Because Kathy is the reason they broke up.
(c) Because Kathy is Tommy's best friend.
(d) Because Tommy and Kathy were always able to talk to one another.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after the secret guard ended did Ruth appear in class with a pencil case?
2. What is a Walkman?
3. Why did the narrator believe Ruth to be a good chess player?
4. Who is Miss Geraldine?
5. How old is the narrating character?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)