|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of chapter 4, what does Ruth accuse the narrator of doing all wrong?
(a) Drawing a hopscotch grid on the sidewalk.
(b) Drawing pictures of horses.
(c) Putting their toys away.
(d) Putting her imaginary horses away.
2. What was the secret guards evidence against the conspirators?
(a) Pictures of strangers.
(b) Written confessions.
(c) Witnessed conversations.
(d) Drawings of crime scenes.
3. Who does the narrator continuously refer to as the veterans in chapter 10?
(a) Residents who had been there a year or more.
(b) Residents who acted as guardians to the newcomers.
(c) Residents who lived there permanently.
(d) Residents who were of middle age.
4. What does the narrator describe as a piece of art she bought at an Exchange in chapter 8?
(a) A small elephant sculpture.
(b) A paper mache doll.
(c) A collage of animal pictures.
(d) A calendar.
5. How long after the secret guard ended did Ruth appear in class with a pencil case?
(a) Three years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Two years.
6. What trip does the narrator foreshadow at the end of chapter 11?
(a) A trip to London.
(b) A trip to Dover.
(c) A trip to Hailsham.
(d) A trip to Norfolk.
7. What does the narrator tell the reader unzipping meant to the students at Hailsham in chapter 7?
(a) They could unzip their heads and reveal their intelligence.
(b) They could unzip their clothing and show off their internal organs.
(c) They could unzip their spines and remove their skeletons.
(d) They could unzip their bodies and provide organs easily.
8. What was the Cottages before it became a halfway house for clones?
(a) A resort.
(b) A farm.
(c) A health spa.
(d) A private school.
9. What were the students at Hailsham allowed to wear on weekends, but not during the week?
(b) Their own clothing.
(c) Team jerseys.
10. Why do Peter and Gordon say they want to go to America in chapter 7?
(a) To become actors.
(b) To be better educated.
(c) To become doctors.
(d) To become millionaires.
11. Who is Keffers?
(a) A teacher at the Cottages.
(b) The caretaker at the Cottages.
(c) The neighbor of the Cottages.
(d) The owner of the Cottages.
12. Where at Hailsham, as the narrator describes in chapter 2, was the best place to have a private talk?
(a) The music room.
(b) The lunch queue.
(c) The dorm bathrooms.
(d) The art room.
13. What would the narrator often hold while listening to her favorite song, Never Let Me Go?
(a) A hairbrush.
(b) A curling iron.
(c) A pillow.
(d) A baby doll.
14. In whose room does Tommy admit in chapter 11 that he saw the narrator looking at similar magazines as the ones he finds her looking at in the boiler room in chapter 11?
15. Why was often terribly cold in the farmhouse at the Cottages, as mentioned in chapter 10?
(a) The house was impossible to heat due to its size.
(b) The house was in poor repair.
(c) The caretaker rarely brought in enough heaters.
(d) The weather made it impossible to keep up with the temperatures.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the narrator recall the secret guard lasting?
2. What is Bramble, as described in chapter 4?
3. How many others from their class does the narrator say came to the Cottages in chapter 10?
4. How long does narrator say Miss Geraldine told her Madame has been coming to their school?
5. In chapter 10, the narrator describes a fear of doing what once they arrived at the Cottages?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)