|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rumors abound at Hailsham about students who wander into the woods?
(a) They are murdered.
(b) They are made to volunteer to cook lunch.
(c) They are forced to do extra homework.
(d) They are forced to add to the mural on the wall.
2. How many others from their class does the narrator say came to the Cottages in chapter 10?
3. Who does Ruth want to know if the narrator likes at the end of chapter 4?
(a) Miss Lucy.
(b) Miss Geraldine.
(c) Miss Emily.
(d) Miss Jody.
4. What work of art did Tommy create as a joke that began his torment from other students, as described in chapter 2?
(a) A palace.
(b) A cathedral.
(c) An elephant.
(d) A lion.
5. What is a guardian?
(a) The carers' bosses.
(b) The people who govern the clones.
(c) The teachers and administrators at Hailsham.
(d) The head nurses in the donor facilities.
6. How long does narrator say Miss Geraldine told her Madame has been coming to their school?
(a) Only a few months.
(b) For several years.
(c) Since it opened.
(d) For twenty years.
7. Why do Peter and Gordon say they want to go to America in chapter 7?
(a) To be better educated.
(b) To become doctors.
(c) To become actors.
(d) To become millionaires.
8. Why did the students at Hailsham love the sports pavilion?
(a) It was where they held their favorite classes.
(b) It represented their favorite activities.
(c) It reminded them of cottages in storybooks.
(d) It was filled with good smells.
9. How old is the narrating character?
10. Where did the narrator and Tommy often meet in secrecy during their years at Hailsham?
(a) The art room.
(b) The pond.
(c) The sports pavilion.
(d) The woods.
11. What vice is strongly discouraged at Hailsham?
(b) Premarital sex.
12. Who admits to the students that she has indulged in the forbidden vice in chapter 6?
(a) Miss Geraldine.
(b) Miss Jody.
(c) Miss Emily.
(d) Miss Lucy.
13. What changes does the narrator note about her relationship with Ruby in chapter 11?
(a) They are closer than ever.
(b) They fight more, but they share confidences more.
(c) They fight constantly and hate one another.
(d) Nothing has changed.
14. Where did the donor in the narrator's third year grow up, causing her to recall her own childhood at Hailsham?
(a) Kansas City.
15. What does the narrator reveal in chapter 10 her topic was for her writing assignment when she first arrived at the Cottages?
(a) Modern American novels.
(b) Clone rights.
(c) Women's rights.
(d) Victorian novels.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the novel set?
2. In what room was the art displayed for Madame?
3. Whose departure from Hailsham shocks all the students in chapter 9?
4. What trip does the narrator foreshadow at the end of chapter 11?
5. What are the ages of the Junior classes at Hailsham?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)