Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are tokens?
(a) Coins used in video games.
(b) Toys for small children at Hailsham.
(c) Gifts for good grades at Hailsham.
(d) Rewards students are given for the artwork they supply to the exchanges.
2. Who is Miss Geraldine?
(a) A guardian at Hailsham who is everyone's favorite.
(b) A carer in Kathy's clinic.
(c) A donor at the clinic where Kathy works.
(d) A teacher at the Cottages.
3. Why did the students feel Madame was different, odd?
(a) She avoided the guardians.
(b) She enjoyed the art that others thought was poorly made.
(c) She interacted with the kids more than others.
(d) She never allowed the children to come near her.
4. What is an exchange, as it is explained in chapter 2?
(a) A program where students at Hailsham are encouraged to trade their favorite storybooks.
(b) An art exhibition where students both showed their own work and bought other's work.
(c) A social hour at Hailsham where students were encouraged to socialize with students from other schools.
(d) A program in which students would visit other schools in the area.
5. Where did the donor in the narrator's third year grow up, causing her to recall her own childhood at Hailsham?
(c) Kansas City.
6. What does the narrator tell the reader unzipping meant to the students at Hailsham in chapter 7?
(a) They could unzip their spines and remove their skeletons.
(b) They could unzip their bodies and provide organs easily.
(c) They could unzip their heads and reveal their intelligence.
(d) They could unzip their clothing and show off their internal organs.
7. Who admits to the students that she has indulged in the forbidden vice in chapter 6?
(a) Miss Geraldine.
(b) Miss Jody.
(c) Miss Emily.
(d) Miss Lucy.
8. What is Bramble, as described in chapter 4?
(a) A donkey.
(b) An imaginary horse.
(c) An imaginary cow.
(d) A dog.
9. In chapter 11, what does the narrator define courses as?
(a) Training to be a vet.
(b) Training to be a donor.
(c) Training to be a nurse.
(d) Training to be a carer.
10. What is a Walkman?
(a) An early MP3 player.
(b) A portable cassette player.
(c) An alarm clock.
(d) A radio.
11. What trip does the narrator foreshadow at the end of chapter 11?
(a) A trip to Dover.
(b) A trip to Norfolk.
(c) A trip to Hailsham.
(d) A trip to London.
12. What were the students at Hailsham allowed to wear on weekends, but not during the week?
(b) Their own clothing.
(d) Team jerseys.
13. How long does narrator say Miss Geraldine told her Madame has been coming to their school?
(a) Since it opened.
(b) For twenty years.
(c) Only a few months.
(d) For several years.
14. What are the ages of the Junior classes at Hailsham?
(a) Birth to twelve.
(b) Seven through eleven.
(c) Five through eight.
(d) Fifteen to seventeen.
15. In what room was the art displayed for Madame?
(a) The lunch room.
(b) The art room.
(c) The billiards room.
(d) An empty dorm room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What things in Tommy's behavior does the narrator believe she missed as signs of something that has taken place in chapter 8?
2. What does the narrator reveal in chapter 10 her topic was for her writing assignment when she first arrived at the Cottages?
3. What does the narrator mentioned she often used for blankets in chapter 11?
4. Who asks Tommy to get back into his art in chapter 9?
5. How does Kathy find herself on Ruth's good books at the end of part one?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)