|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of chapter 4, what does Ruth accuse the narrator of doing all wrong?
(a) Drawing pictures of horses.
(b) Putting their toys away.
(c) Drawing a hopscotch grid on the sidewalk.
(d) Putting her imaginary horses away.
2. In chapter 11, what does the narrator define courses as?
(a) Training to be a donor.
(b) Training to be a carer.
(c) Training to be a nurse.
(d) Training to be a vet.
3. In whose room does Tommy admit in chapter 11 that he saw the narrator looking at similar magazines as the ones he finds her looking at in the boiler room in chapter 11?
4. In what room was the art displayed for Madame?
(a) The art room.
(b) The billiards room.
(c) The lunch room.
(d) An empty dorm room.
5. What is a guardian?
(a) The people who govern the clones.
(b) The carers' bosses.
(c) The head nurses in the donor facilities.
(d) The teachers and administrators at Hailsham.
6. How long does narrator say Miss Geraldine told her Madame has been coming to their school?
(a) For twenty years.
(b) For several years.
(c) Only a few months.
(d) Since it opened.
7. What are tokens?
(a) Rewards students are given for the artwork they supply to the exchanges.
(b) Toys for small children at Hailsham.
(c) Gifts for good grades at Hailsham.
(d) Coins used in video games.
8. Whose departure from Hailsham shocks all the students in chapter 9?
(a) Miss Emily.
(b) Miss Lucy.
9. Why was often terribly cold in the farmhouse at the Cottages, as mentioned in chapter 10?
(a) The caretaker rarely brought in enough heaters.
(b) The house was impossible to heat due to its size.
(c) The house was in poor repair.
(d) The weather made it impossible to keep up with the temperatures.
10. What does the narrator mentioned she often used for blankets in chapter 11?
(a) Wool cloth scraps.
(b) Old curtains and carpet peices.
(c) Blankets donated by rich widows.
(d) Old clothing.
11. What does the narrator tell the reader in chapter 2 was required of the students at Hailsham once a week?
(a) A medical exam.
(b) A drug screening.
(c) An IQ test.
(d) An art exam.
12. Who asks Tommy to get back into his art in chapter 9?
(a) Miss Emily.
(d) Miss Lucy.
13. Who first suggested that Madame was frightened of the students at Hailsham?
14. Why did the narrator believe Ruth to be a good chess player?
(a) Ruth often commented on chess games in progress.
(b) Ruth had a collection of books on the subject.
(c) Ruth often voiced a desire to play the game.
(d) Ruth said she was.
15. Who calls Tommy an idiot in chapter 1 for not seeing that the boys are going to ignore him while picking players for the sports team?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the novel set?
2. What would the narrator often hold while listening to her favorite song, Never Let Me Go?
3. How does Kathy find herself on Ruth's good books at the end of part one?
4. Who did the narrator once see giving a speech to an imaginary classroom, as described in chapter 4?
5. What is Dave's stump?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)