Short Answer Key
1. What is the point of view of this novel?
2. Where is the novel set?
3. What is the name of the narrating character?
4. How old is the narrating character?
5. Where did the donor in the narrator's third year grow up, causing her to recall her own childhood at Hailsham?
6. What is a guardian?
The teachers and administrators at Hailsham.
7. Why did the students at Hailsham love the sports pavilion?
It reminded them of cottages in storybooks.
8. Who makes fun of Tommy's expressions as he warms up on the sports field with the other boys in chapter 1?
9. Who calls Tommy an idiot in chapter 1 for not seeing that the boys are going to ignore him while picking players for the sports team?
10. Who decides to comfort Tommy...
This section contains 3,247 words|
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)