|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 18, the narrator mentions the name of a student from Hailsham who had difficulty dealing with being a carer. Who does she mention?
2. Who is Judy Bridgewater?
(a) A carer.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A singer.
3. What is the secret guard?
(a) A group of students who plan military careers.
(b) The security at Hailsham.
(c) A group of girls at Hailsham under Ruth who protect Miss Geraldine.
(d) The owners of Hailsham.
4. What does the narrator mentioned she often used for blankets in chapter 11?
(a) Wool cloth scraps.
(b) Old curtains and carpet peices.
(c) Blankets donated by rich widows.
(d) Old clothing.
5. What is Dave's stump?
(a) A tree stump where a boy named Dave is rumored to have died.
(b) A tree stump where a boy named Dave often sat to read or write.
(c) A tree stump at where a boy named Dave often cut wood for the fireplaces.
(d) A tree stump in the yard nicknamed Dave after the owner's son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What vice is strongly discouraged at Hailsham?
2. In chapter 14, who does Ruth tell Chrissie she would need to contact if she wanted a deferral?
3. What did the students at Hailsham call Madame's collection of their art that she found amusing?
4. What writing assignment were the Hailsham students supposed to be working on during their two years at the Cottages?
5. How does Miss Emily respond when Kathy accuses Madame of being frightened of the students at Hailsham?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)