|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What work of art did Tommy create as a joke that began his torment from other students, as described in chapter 2?
(a) A lion.
(b) An elephant.
(c) A cathedral.
(d) A palace.
2. What difference did the narrator begin to note in Tommy during their Senior 2 year, as described in chapter 2?
(a) He stopped losing his temper.
(b) He stopped hanging out with his friends.
(c) He stopped playing sports.
(d) He stopped going to classes.
3. Why was the narrator kicked out of the secret guard?
(a) She allowed Miss Geraldine to be injured.
(b) She did not collect her evidence properly.
(c) She had a fight with Ruth.
(d) She gave away guard secrets.
4. How many others from their class does the narrator say came to the Cottages in chapter 10?
5. What is the narrator doing as she recalls these events from her past, as a student at Hailsham?
(a) Talking to a friend.
(c) Preparing a funeral.
(d) Visiting a donor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator tell the reader unzipping meant to the students at Hailsham in chapter 7?
2. What things in Tommy's behavior does the narrator believe she missed as signs of something that has taken place in chapter 8?
3. Where did the donor in the narrator's third year grow up, causing her to recall her own childhood at Hailsham?
4. Who is Keffers?
5. What promise does the narrator make to Ruth after her second donation in chapter 19?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)