|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of drawings does the narrator find Tommy making in chapter 20?
(a) Portraits of donors.
(b) Dogs and cats.
(c) Pictures of Ruth.
(d) Imaginary animals.
2. What are Sales?
(a) A student run market at Hailsham.
(b) A store at Hailsham to reward students for good behavior.
(c) A class that teaches economics at Hailsham.
(d) A merchant van that came to Hailsham once a month.
3. In chapter 15, why does Tommy think he has blown his future by refusing to participate in art at Hailsham?
(a) They have nothing to determine if he should be a donor.
(b) They have nothing to earn money for his care.
(c) They have nothing to help choose when he should become a carer.
(d) He has nothing they can use to determine if he should get a deferment.
4. In chapter 13, why does Ruby become irate when Kathy suggests they switch seats?
(a) Ruby does not want Kathy growing closer to Tommy.
(b) Ruby does not like Kathy.
(c) Ruby does not like Rodney.
(d) Ruby does not want Kathy to grow close to Rodney.
5. What are the ages of the Junior classes at Hailsham?
(a) Seven through eleven.
(b) Birth to twelve.
(c) Five through eight.
(d) Fifteen to seventeen.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many others from their class does the narrator say came to the Cottages in chapter 10?
2. What joke do the children at Hailsham make when discussing the electrified fences that often circled the concentration camps during World War II?
3. In chapter 18, the narrator learns that Hailsham is to be turned into what?
4. Why did the students feel Madame was different, odd?
5. In chapter 15, why does the narrator tell Tommy she often looks at models in magazines?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)