|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the narrator recall the secret guard lasting?
(a) Three to five years.
(b) Nine months to a year.
(c) The lifetime of Hailsham.
(d) Twenty years.
2. Who suggests in chapter 18 that the narrator become Ruth's carer?
3. How old was the narrator when she first recalls making friends with Ruth?
(a) Seven going on eight.
(c) Six going on seven.
4. In chapter 15, why does Tommy think he has blown his future by refusing to participate in art at Hailsham?
(a) He has nothing they can use to determine if he should get a deferment.
(b) They have nothing to earn money for his care.
(c) They have nothing to help choose when he should become a carer.
(d) They have nothing to determine if he should be a donor.
5. In chapter 16, from whom does the narrator keep her distance in her final weeks there?
(a) Claire and Charlie.
(b) Laura and Harry.
(c) Rodney and Chrissie.
(d) Tommy and Ruth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tommy tell Kathy that Ruth wanted for him before her own completion?
2. In chapter 15, why does Tommy tell Kathy he wanted to find the Judy Bridgewater tape for her?
3. What work of art did Tommy create as a joke that began his torment from other students, as described in chapter 2?
4. Why do Rodney and Chrissie believe the students from Hailsham might know about deferrals?
5. What was the secret guards evidence against the conspirators?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)