|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was often blamed, as mentioned in chapter 11, for all the pornographic magazines discovered at the Cottages?
(a) A boy named Steve.
(b) The owner's son.
(c) Ruby and Tommy.
(d) The caretaker.
2. What is the Goosehouse?
(a) A barn filled with geese.
(b) A barn at the Cottages with a leaky roof.
(c) An outhouse at the Cottages.
(d) A building for storing grain.
3. In chapter 15, what do Kathy and Tommy talk about?
(a) The deferrment.
(b) Hailsham's students.
(c) Sneaking away from the Cottages.
4. Who does the narrator continuously refer to as the veterans in chapter 10?
(a) Residents who lived there permanently.
(b) Residents who had been there a year or more.
(c) Residents who acted as guardians to the newcomers.
(d) Residents who were of middle age.
5. What things in Tommy's behavior does the narrator believe she missed as signs of something that has taken place in chapter 8?
(a) He becomes distracted and angry again.
(b) He begins fighting with the other boys.
(c) He breaks off their friendship.
(d) He begins dating many other girls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What warning does Miss Emily offer the students in chapter 7 about having sex with people in the outside world?
2. What billboard does the narrator point out in chapter 19 that she hopes will remind Tommy and Ruth of their trip to Norfolk?
3. What is a guardian?
4. What concern has Tommy admitted to the narrator he has for the creatures in his drawings?
5. Why did the students at Hailsham love the sports pavilion?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)