|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ruth give the narrator in chapter 6 to replace her lost tape?
(a) A new tape of ballroom dancing music.
(b) A few tokens.
(c) A baby doll.
(d) A new hand mirror.
2. In chapter 13, who has been placed in charge of the spending money for the Norfolk trip?
3. Why does the narrator suggest Ruby was correct in accusing her of making no friends outside of Hailsham alum?
(a) She believes Ruby was only trying to help.
(b) She struggled to make friends with the veterans.
(c) She knows now she should have tried harder to make friends.
(d) She criticized Ruby's friendships outside the Hailsham alum.
4. How long does narrator say Miss Geraldine told her Madame has been coming to their school?
(a) Only a few months.
(b) Since it opened.
(c) For several years.
(d) For twenty years.
5. In chapter 11, what does the narrator define courses as?
(a) Training to be a donor.
(b) Training to be a carer.
(c) Training to be a nurse.
(d) Training to be a vet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Madame reveal in chapter 21 that the artwork from Hailsham was supposed to show?
2. Where did the donor in the narrator's third year grow up, causing her to recall her own childhood at Hailsham?
3. What is the Morningdale scandal that forced Hailsham to close its doors, as described by Miss Emily in chapter 22?
4. In what room was the art displayed for Madame?
5. Where does the narrator go in the weeks after Tommy's completes that makes her think of him?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)