|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Keffers?
(a) A teacher at the Cottages.
(b) The neighbor of the Cottages.
(c) The owner of the Cottages.
(d) The caretaker at the Cottages.
2. What is the Lost Corner?
(a) An abandoned broom closet at Hailsham.
(b) What Miss Emily calls Norfolk becasue of its location.
(c) A dark corner in Kathy's house.
(d) The town where the Cottages is located.
3. In chapter 16, who was the first of the Hailsham students to begin their carer training?
4. Who is Miss Lucy?
(a) A nurse in Norfolk.
(b) A possible in Dover.
(c) A teacher at the Cottages.
(d) A guardian at Hailsham.
5. What excuse did Miss Emily give for the lack of tokens offered in exchange for the art Madame took away?
(a) That they should ask someone else.
(b) That they should be given the tokens, but she did not have extras.
(c) That it was a great honor to have their art chosen.
(d) That they should just be happy to have a roof over their heads.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who first suggested that Madame was frightened of the students at Hailsham?
2. Why does Tommy suggest in chapter 23 that Ruth would not have wanted to know all the truths they learned from Miss Emily?
3. In chapter 14, what are the office workers doing when Rodney points out Ruth's possible?
4. Why did the students at Hailsham love the sports pavilion?
5. What trip does the narrator foreshadow at the end of chapter 11?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)