|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 16, how does the narrator make her intention to become a carer immediately known?
(a) She tells Ruth.
(b) She asks Rodney for help.
(c) She asks the guardians if she can start early.
(d) She tells Keffers.
2. What concern has Tommy admitted to the narrator he has for the creatures in his drawings?
(a) How they can reach and fetch things.
(b) How they will be kept safe.
(c) How they will keep warm.
(d) How they might catch food.
3. What does the narrator reveal in chapter 10 her topic was for her writing assignment when she first arrived at the Cottages?
(a) Victorian novels.
(b) Clone rights.
(c) Women's rights.
(d) Modern American novels.
4. Why did the students feel Madame was different, odd?
(a) She enjoyed the art that others thought was poorly made.
(b) She interacted with the kids more than others.
(c) She avoided the guardians.
(d) She never allowed the children to come near her.
5. Why was the narrator kicked out of the secret guard?
(a) She did not collect her evidence properly.
(b) She had a fight with Ruth.
(c) She allowed Miss Geraldine to be injured.
(d) She gave away guard secrets.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 16, who was the first of the Hailsham students to begin their carer training?
2. Why is the narrator reluctant to sit beside Tommy in chapter 3 when they meet at the pond?
3. Who decides to comfort Tommy at the end of chapter 1 during his temper tantrum?
4. For what reason has Tommy begun drawing again in chapter 20?
5. In chapter 16, from whom does the narrator keep her distance in her final weeks there?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)