|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 14, who does Ruth tell Chrissie she would need to contact if she wanted a deferral?
(a) Miss Emily.
(d) The owner of the Cottages.
2. At what job does Rodney and Chrissie report Ruth's possible worked at?
(a) An office job.
(b) A medical job.
(c) A janitor's job.
(d) An artisitc job.
3. What kind of drawings does the narrator find Tommy making in chapter 20?
(a) Portraits of donors.
(b) Pictures of Ruth.
(c) Dogs and cats.
(d) Imaginary animals.
4. Who decides to comfort Tommy at the end of chapter 1 during his temper tantrum?
5. In chapter 16, what do Kathy and Ruth make fun of at Tommy's expense?
(a) His behavior.
(b) His drawings.
(c) His appearance.
(d) His romantic side.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Sales?
2. What does the narrator tell the reader in chapter 2 was required of the students at Hailsham once a week?
3. Why does Miss Emily tell Tommy and Kathy that Madame came and took their art away in chapter 22?
4. What vice is strongly discouraged at Hailsham?
5. What is the narrator doing as she recalls these events from her past, as a student at Hailsham?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)