|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Miss Emily respond when Kathy accuses Madame of being frightened of the students at Hailsham?
(a) Madame never liked the clones and only worked with Hailsham for the glory.
(b) They were all frightened.
(c) She was only sad.
(d) They were all confused by the sight of the clones.
2. At the end of chapter 4, what does Ruth accuse the narrator of doing all wrong?
(a) Drawing a hopscotch grid on the sidewalk.
(b) Drawing pictures of horses.
(c) Putting their toys away.
(d) Putting her imaginary horses away.
3. Who is Keffers?
(a) A teacher at the Cottages.
(b) The neighbor of the Cottages.
(c) The caretaker at the Cottages.
(d) The owner of the Cottages.
4. What is Madame's real name?
5. Why does Miss Emily suggest Miss Lucy left Hailsham as she did in chapter 22?
(a) She was unsure of the ethical applications of Hailsham.
(b) She was unhappy with the work being done by students at Hailsham.
(c) She was afraid of the clones.
(d) She was upset the children were not more aware of who and what they were.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 16, who were Kathy and Ruth discussing when Ruth finds the Judy Bridgewater tape?
2. What warning does Miss Emily offer the students in chapter 7 about having sex with people in the outside world?
3. How long after the secret guard ended did Ruth appear in class with a pencil case?
4. In chapter 14, what causes Rodney's group to run away from the office?
5. What is Songs After Dark?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)