|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose behavior does the narrator accuse Ruth of copying at the end of chapter 10?
(a) Johnny and Laura.
(b) Harry and Cynthia.
(c) Charles and Diana.
(d) Rodney and Chrissie.
2. What is the narrator doing as she recalls these events from her past, as a student at Hailsham?
(b) Preparing a funeral.
(c) Visiting a donor.
(d) Talking to a friend.
3. What is a guardian?
(a) The people who govern the clones.
(b) The carers' bosses.
(c) The head nurses in the donor facilities.
(d) The teachers and administrators at Hailsham.
4. In chapter 15, what does Tommy tell Kathy that he heard Miss Emily said about the artwork Madame took from the school?
(a) It was to provide money for their futures.
(b) It revealed their souls.
(c) It showed each student's future potential.
(d) It proved they were intelligent.
5. Who appears out of the darkness of the room at the end of chapter 21?
(a) Miss Jody.
(b) Miss Geraldine.
(c) Miss Lucy.
(d) Miss Emily.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the narrating character?
2. In chapter 15, what kind of shops did Tommy and Kathy initially visit in the search for her Judy Bridgewater tape?
3. What is the woods?
4. In the beginning of chapter 18, the narrator tells the reader what is one of the most difficult parts of working as a carer?
5. In chapter 15, why does Tommy think he has blown his future by refusing to participate in art at Hailsham?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)