|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 16, what do Kathy and Ruth make fun of at Tommy's expense?
(a) His appearance.
(b) His romantic side.
(c) His drawings.
(d) His behavior.
2. What items does the narrator say in chapter 18 she likes to window shop for and compare to the ones she has at home?
(a) Desk lamps.
(b) Paper weights.
3. In chapter 15, why does Tommy think he has blown his future by refusing to participate in art at Hailsham?
(a) They have nothing to earn money for his care.
(b) They have nothing to help choose when he should become a carer.
(c) He has nothing they can use to determine if he should get a deferment.
(d) They have nothing to determine if he should be a donor.
4. Why did the narrator believe Ruth to be a good chess player?
(a) Ruth often commented on chess games in progress.
(b) Ruth had a collection of books on the subject.
(c) Ruth often voiced a desire to play the game.
(d) Ruth said she was.
5. In chapter 16, who does Ruth think will be Tommy's next girlfriend when she breaks up with him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an exchange, as it is explained in chapter 2?
2. What are tokens?
3. What is the definition of a possible as described by the narrator in chapter 12?
4. Whose behavior does the narrator accuse Ruth of copying at the end of chapter 10?
5. Who does the narrator continuously refer to as the veterans in chapter 10?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)