|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 14, what are the office workers doing when Rodney points out Ruth's possible?
(a) Preparing to go home.
(b) Studying books.
(c) Eating lunch.
(d) Working at computers.
2. How old is the narrating character?
3. In chapter 16, why does the narrator feel she must apologize to Ruth?
(a) She wants to make peace.
(b) She is socially desperate for Ruth's friendship.
(c) She wants to use Ruth to get close to Tommy.
(d) She feels guilty.
4. Who asks Tommy to get back into his art in chapter 9?
(c) Miss Lucy.
(d) Miss Emily.
5. What trip does the narrator foreshadow at the end of chapter 11?
(a) A trip to London.
(b) A trip to Norfolk.
(c) A trip to Hailsham.
(d) A trip to Dover.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who claims to not recall learning about deferrals at Hailsham in chapter 13?
2. In whose room does Tommy admit in chapter 11 that he saw the narrator looking at similar magazines as the ones he finds her looking at in the boiler room in chapter 11?
3. Who is Miss Geraldine?
4. Why did the narrator believe Ruth to be a good chess player?
5. What is the point of view of this novel?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)