|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the narrator recall the secret guard lasting?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Nine months to a year.
(c) The lifetime of Hailsham.
(d) Three to five years.
2. In chapter 18, the narrator learns that Hailsham is to be turned into what?
(a) A holiday retreat.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A public school.
(d) A health spa.
3. Who makes fun of Tommy's expressions as he warms up on the sports field with the other boys in chapter 1?
4. What were the students at Hailsham allowed to wear on weekends, but not during the week?
(b) Team jerseys.
(d) Their own clothing.
5. Why was often terribly cold in the farmhouse at the Cottages, as mentioned in chapter 10?
(a) The weather made it impossible to keep up with the temperatures.
(b) The caretaker rarely brought in enough heaters.
(c) The house was in poor repair.
(d) The house was impossible to heat due to its size.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 16, who were Kathy and Ruth discussing when Ruth finds the Judy Bridgewater tape?
2. In chapter 16, what route does Kathy say was out of bounds at Hailsham?
3. At what point in her donation cycle did Chrissie die?
4. In chapter 16, where does Ruth suggest she might one day like to take a trip to?
5. What billboard does the narrator point out in chapter 19 that she hopes will remind Tommy and Ruth of their trip to Norfolk?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)