|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a deferral?
(a) A refusal to submit to an event.
(b) A set of citizen papers.
(c) A set of travel papers.
(d) A postponement of a payment or event.
2. What does the narrator think of in chapter 15 when Tommy describes his new art creations to her?
(a) They are childish.
(b) They are symbolic of their existence.
(c) They are very creative.
(d) They are a clear revealing of Tommy's feelings.
3. What does the narrator describe as a piece of art she bought at an Exchange in chapter 8?
(a) A paper mache doll.
(b) A collage of animal pictures.
(c) A small elephant sculpture.
(d) A calendar.
4. Who plots to prove Madame's fear of the students at Hailsham?
5. In chapter 15, what does Tommy suggest Madame does with the art from the Hailsham students?
(a) Uses it to determine who should receive deferments.
(b) Uses it to determine when a clone should train as a carer.
(c) Uses it to raise money for the school.
(d) Uses it to determine who should become a donor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dave's stump?
2. Who did the narrator once see giving a speech to an imaginary classroom, as described in chapter 4?
3. Why does the narrator refuse to go visit Martin while in Norfolk?
4. Why do Rodney and Chrissie believe the students from Hailsham might know about deferrals?
5. In chapter 15, why does Tommy think he has blown his future by refusing to participate in art at Hailsham?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)