|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks Tommy to get back into his art in chapter 9?
(a) Miss Lucy.
(d) Miss Emily.
2. Why did the students at Hailsham love the sports pavilion?
(a) It was filled with good smells.
(b) It reminded them of cottages in storybooks.
(c) It was where they held their favorite classes.
(d) It represented their favorite activities.
3. What was the secret guards evidence against the conspirators?
(a) Written confessions.
(b) Witnessed conversations.
(c) Pictures of strangers.
(d) Drawings of crime scenes.
4. What is the Lost Corner?
(a) The town where the Cottages is located.
(b) What Miss Emily calls Norfolk becasue of its location.
(c) An abandoned broom closet at Hailsham.
(d) A dark corner in Kathy's house.
5. At the end of chapter 15, how does Ruth go out of her way to show Tommy and Kathy she had known she had acted badly earlier?
(a) She apologizes outright.
(b) She buys them dinner.
(c) She refuses to speak with Chrissie and Rodney.
(d) She includes them in her jokes with Chrissie and Rodney.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 15, what do Kathy and Tommy talk about?
2. Who admits to the students that she has indulged in the forbidden vice in chapter 6?
3. In chapter 18, the narrator learns that Hailsham is to be turned into what?
4. In chapter 15, why does Tommy think he has blown his future by refusing to participate in art at Hailsham?
5. Who does Ruth want to know if the narrator likes at the end of chapter 4?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)