|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the students feel Madame was different, odd?
(a) She enjoyed the art that others thought was poorly made.
(b) She never allowed the children to come near her.
(c) She avoided the guardians.
(d) She interacted with the kids more than others.
2. Who tells Chrissie and Rodney that the students at Hailsham were told about deferrals in chapter 13?
3. In chapter 16, from whom does the narrator keep her distance in her final weeks there?
(a) Claire and Charlie.
(b) Rodney and Chrissie.
(c) Tommy and Ruth.
(d) Laura and Harry.
4. Where did the donor in the narrator's third year grow up, causing her to recall her own childhood at Hailsham?
(c) Kansas City.
5. In chapter 13, why does Ruby become irate when Kathy suggests they switch seats?
(a) Ruby does not want Kathy growing closer to Tommy.
(b) Ruby does not want Kathy to grow close to Rodney.
(c) Ruby does not like Rodney.
(d) Ruby does not like Kathy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What joke do the children at Hailsham make when discussing the electrified fences that often circled the concentration camps during World War II?
2. How long does narrator say Miss Geraldine told her Madame has been coming to their school?
3. To where does Ruth and her friends follow the possible from the office in chapter 14?
4. In chapter 15, why does the narrator tell Tommy she often looks at models in magazines?
5. What writing assignment were the Hailsham students supposed to be working on during their two years at the Cottages?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)