|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator say the trip to Norfolk was nearly called off at the beginning of chapter 13?
(a) Rodney ran out of money to rent a car.
(b) Rodney failed to secure a car.
(c) Rodney wrecked the car.
(d) Rodney lost the first car he arranged for.
2. Where did the donor in the narrator's third year grow up, causing her to recall her own childhood at Hailsham?
(c) Kansas City.
3. What is the name of the narrating character?
(a) Horace G.
(b) Kathy H.
(c) Mitchell F.
(d) Ruth S.
4. In chapter 14, what causes Rodney's group to run away from the office?
(a) A child stops and stares at them.
(b) A dog begins barking at them.
(c) One of the women waves to them.
(d) A cop tells them to move on.
5. In chapter 16, how does the narrator make her intention to become a carer immediately known?
(a) She tells Keffers.
(b) She asks the guardians if she can start early.
(c) She asks Rodney for help.
(d) She tells Ruth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes fun of Tommy's expressions as he warms up on the sports field with the other boys in chapter 1?
2. Who claims to not recall learning about deferrals at Hailsham in chapter 13?
3. Who does the narrator continuously refer to as the veterans in chapter 10?
4. What does Ruth want to do after being run off from the office where her possible works in chapter 14?
5. What are dream futures, as the narrator describes in chapter 12?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)