|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Judy Bridgewater?
(a) A singer.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A carer.
2. What excuse did Miss Emily give for the lack of tokens offered in exchange for the art Madame took away?
(a) That it was a great honor to have their art chosen.
(b) That they should just be happy to have a roof over their heads.
(c) That they should ask someone else.
(d) That they should be given the tokens, but she did not have extras.
3. What is a deferral?
(a) A refusal to submit to an event.
(b) A postponement of a payment or event.
(c) A set of citizen papers.
(d) A set of travel papers.
4. Who makes fun of Tommy's expressions as he warms up on the sports field with the other boys in chapter 1?
5. In chapter 16, who does Ruth think will be Tommy's next girlfriend when she breaks up with him?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many others from their class does the narrator say came to the Cottages in chapter 10?
2. Why did the students at Hailsham love the sports pavilion?
3. What is the one thing the narrator notices most about the drawings Tommy shows her in chapter 15?
4. Who did the narrator once see giving a speech to an imaginary classroom, as described in chapter 4?
5. What are the ages of the Junior classes at Hailsham?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)