|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What items does the narrator say in chapter 18 she likes to window shop for and compare to the ones she has at home?
(a) Desk lamps.
(b) Paper weights.
2. What does Ruby ask the narrator forgiveness for in chapter 19?
(a) For forcing her out of the secret society.
(b) For placing a wedge between she and Tommy.
(c) For stealing Harry from her.
(d) For lying about her feelings for Miss Geraldine.
3. To where does Ruth and her friends follow the possible from the office in chapter 14?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A dog park.
(c) A gym.
(d) A gallery.
4. How long does the narrator recall the secret guard lasting?
(a) Three to five years.
(b) Nine months to a year.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) The lifetime of Hailsham.
5. At the end of chapter 15, how does Ruth go out of her way to show Tommy and Kathy she had known she had acted badly earlier?
(a) She includes them in her jokes with Chrissie and Rodney.
(b) She buys them dinner.
(c) She refuses to speak with Chrissie and Rodney.
(d) She apologizes outright.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator tell the reader in chapter 2 was required of the students at Hailsham once a week?
2. In chapter 16, why does the narrator think she and her companions did not talk about their trip to Norfolk?
3. What concern has Tommy admitted to the narrator he has for the creatures in his drawings?
4. What lie has Ruth told Chrissie that Tommy nearly blows for her in chapter 13?
5. Why did the students at Hailsham love the sports pavilion?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)