|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what room was the art displayed for Madame?
(a) The art room.
(b) The billiards room.
(c) An empty dorm room.
(d) The lunch room.
2. Who tells Chrissie and Rodney that the students at Hailsham were told about deferrals in chapter 13?
3. In chapter 18, the narrator mentions the name of a student from Hailsham who had difficulty dealing with being a carer. Who does she mention?
4. Why was the narrator kicked out of the secret guard?
(a) She had a fight with Ruth.
(b) She allowed Miss Geraldine to be injured.
(c) She gave away guard secrets.
(d) She did not collect her evidence properly.
5. What does Laura teach the narrator in chapter 7 in order to discourage boys?
(a) A disgusting way of eating her dessert.
(b) A disgusting way of blowing her nose.
(c) A disgusting way of speaking.
(d) A disgusting way of drinking tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 11, what does the narrator define courses as?
2. In chapter 15, what does Tommy tell Kathy that he heard Miss Emily said about the artwork Madame took from the school?
3. How does the narrator say the trip to Norfolk was nearly called off at the beginning of chapter 13?
4. In chapter 16, why does the narrator feel she must apologize to Ruth?
5. In chapter 16, who was the first of the Hailsham students to begin their carer training?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)