|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Kathy see Miss Lucy doing in a quiet classroom at the beginning of chapter 8?
(a) Blacking out lines on unknown papers.
(b) Scribbling over students' homework.
(c) Encouraging Tommy to create more art.
(d) Creating a new type of art.
2. In chapter 14, why does Chrissie say she and Rodney like to buy birthday cards in bulk?
(a) They like the art on them.
(b) They are cheap and are always on hand.
(c) They like to use them as postcards.
(d) They are a cheap alternative to construction paper.
3. In the beginning of chapter 18, the narrator tells the reader what is one of the most difficult parts of working as a carer?
(a) Losing a donor after the fifth donation.
(b) Losing a donor to cancer.
(c) Losing a donor to suicide.
(d) Losing a donor early in the donation cycle.
4. In chapter 16, what does James B. carry back to a picnic at Hailsham?
(a) A plate of cookies.
(b) A potato salad.
(c) A cake.
(d) A watermelon.
5. What things in Tommy's behavior does the narrator believe she missed as signs of something that has taken place in chapter 8?
(a) He becomes distracted and angry again.
(b) He begins dating many other girls.
(c) He begins fighting with the other boys.
(d) He breaks off their friendship.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the narrating character?
2. Who was Moira B?
3. What is the name of the narrating character?
4. Who calls Tommy an idiot in chapter 1 for not seeing that the boys are going to ignore him while picking players for the sports team?
5. Who tells Chrissie and Rodney that the students at Hailsham were told about deferrals in chapter 13?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)