|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bramble, as described in chapter 4?
(a) An imaginary cow.
(b) A dog.
(c) A donkey.
(d) An imaginary horse.
2. Why did the narrator believe Ruth to be a good chess player?
(a) Ruth often commented on chess games in progress.
(b) Ruth said she was.
(c) Ruth had a collection of books on the subject.
(d) Ruth often voiced a desire to play the game.
3. In chapter 16, how does the narrator make her intention to become a carer immediately known?
(a) She tells Ruth.
(b) She asks the guardians if she can start early.
(c) She tells Keffers.
(d) She asks Rodney for help.
4. Who makes fun of Tommy's expressions as he warms up on the sports field with the other boys in chapter 1?
5. How old is the narrating character?
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Martin (Rodney and Chrissie's friend mentioned in chapter 13) have?
2. What does Ruby ask the narrator forgiveness for in chapter 19?
3. Who suggests that Kathy might be Tommy's next girlfriend in chapter 9?
4. What is the Black Barn?
5. What is Songs After Dark?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)