|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the ages of the Junior classes at Hailsham?
(a) Seven through eleven.
(b) Fifteen to seventeen.
(c) Birth to twelve.
(d) Five through eight.
2. What is the woods?
(a) A mural on the wall of Hailsham's cafeteria.
(b) A room where the students study horticulture.
(c) A wooded area around Hailsham.
(d) A hall at Hailsham that is decorated with trees.
3. In the beginning of chapter 18, the narrator tells the reader what is one of the most difficult parts of working as a carer?
(a) Losing a donor to suicide.
(b) Losing a donor after the fifth donation.
(c) Losing a donor early in the donation cycle.
(d) Losing a donor to cancer.
4. Why did the students at Hailsham love the sports pavilion?
(a) It represented their favorite activities.
(b) It was where they held their favorite classes.
(c) It was filled with good smells.
(d) It reminded them of cottages in storybooks.
5. In chapter 16, who does Ruth think will be Tommy's next girlfriend when she breaks up with him?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose departure from Hailsham shocks all the students in chapter 9?
2. Why did the students feel Madame was different, odd?
3. Who did the narrator once see giving a speech to an imaginary classroom, as described in chapter 4?
4. What was the Cottages before it became a halfway house for clones?
5. In chapter 16, why does Ruth think that Tommy might not want to be romantic with Kathy?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)