|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of chapter 4, what does Ruth accuse the narrator of doing all wrong?
(a) Drawing a hopscotch grid on the sidewalk.
(b) Putting her imaginary horses away.
(c) Drawing pictures of horses.
(d) Putting their toys away.
2. Where did the donor in the narrator's third year grow up, causing her to recall her own childhood at Hailsham?
(b) Kansas City.
3. When does the narrator hope she might be able to have more time to listen to her favorite music tape?
(a) When she settles down to have a family.
(b) When she leave college.
(c) When she retires from her bookkeeping job.
(d) When she stops being a carer.
4. Why do Rodney and Chrissie believe the students from Hailsham might know about deferrals?
(a) They have more access to the rule books.
(b) They were more privledged.
(c) They are smarter.
(d) They are closer to the guardians.
5. What is Bramble, as described in chapter 4?
(a) An imaginary cow.
(b) A donkey.
(c) An imaginary horse.
(d) A dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Martin (Rodney and Chrissie's friend mentioned in chapter 13) have?
2. What joke do the children at Hailsham make when discussing the electrified fences that often circled the concentration camps during World War II?
3. Why was often terribly cold in the farmhouse at the Cottages, as mentioned in chapter 10?
4. What is Dave's stump?
5. How does Kathy find herself on Ruth's good books at the end of part one?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)