|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the woods?
(a) A mural on the wall of Hailsham's cafeteria.
(b) A room where the students study horticulture.
(c) A wooded area around Hailsham.
(d) A hall at Hailsham that is decorated with trees.
2. With whom has Tommy recently had a break up as described in chapter 8?
3. What trip does the narrator foreshadow at the end of chapter 11?
(a) A trip to Norfolk.
(b) A trip to Hailsham.
(c) A trip to Dover.
(d) A trip to London.
4. What is Dave's stump?
(a) A tree stump at where a boy named Dave often cut wood for the fireplaces.
(b) A tree stump where a boy named Dave often sat to read or write.
(c) A tree stump where a boy named Dave is rumored to have died.
(d) A tree stump in the yard nicknamed Dave after the owner's son.
5. Who admits to the students that she has indulged in the forbidden vice in chapter 6?
(a) Miss Emily.
(b) Miss Geraldine.
(c) Miss Lucy.
(d) Miss Jody.
Short Answer Questions
1. What difference did the narrator begin to note in Tommy during their Senior 2 year, as described in chapter 2?
2. Why is the narrator reluctant to sit beside Tommy in chapter 3 when they meet at the pond?
3. How old was the narrator when she first recalls making friends with Ruth?
4. Who first suggested that Madame was frightened of the students at Hailsham?
5. Who plots to prove Madame's fear of the students at Hailsham?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)