|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What things in Tommy's behavior does the narrator believe she missed as signs of something that has taken place in chapter 8?
(a) He begins dating many other girls.
(b) He breaks off their friendship.
(c) He begins fighting with the other boys.
(d) He becomes distracted and angry again.
2. What joke do the children at Hailsham make when discussing the electrified fences that often circled the concentration camps during World War II?
(a) That one could fry eggs quite easily.
(b) That one could suffer a large electric bill that way.
(c) That one could easily commit murder.
(d) That one could commit suicide easily.
3. What are the ages of the Junior classes at Hailsham?
(a) Five through eight.
(b) Birth to twelve.
(c) Seven through eleven.
(d) Fifteen to seventeen.
4. What did Kathy see Miss Lucy doing in a quiet classroom at the beginning of chapter 8?
(a) Encouraging Tommy to create more art.
(b) Creating a new type of art.
(c) Scribbling over students' homework.
(d) Blacking out lines on unknown papers.
5. What does Ruth give the narrator in chapter 6 to replace her lost tape?
(a) A new tape of ballroom dancing music.
(b) A few tokens.
(c) A baby doll.
(d) A new hand mirror.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bramble, as described in chapter 4?
2. Why do Peter and Gordon say they want to go to America in chapter 7?
3. What rumors abound at Hailsham about students who wander into the woods?
4. Whose departure from Hailsham shocks all the students in chapter 9?
5. Who is Keffers?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)