|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator tell the reader in chapter 2 was required of the students at Hailsham once a week?
(a) A medical exam.
(b) An IQ test.
(c) An art exam.
(d) A drug screening.
2. What does Laura teach the narrator in chapter 7 in order to discourage boys?
(a) A disgusting way of drinking tea.
(b) A disgusting way of eating her dessert.
(c) A disgusting way of speaking.
(d) A disgusting way of blowing her nose.
3. What does the narrator describe as a piece of art she bought at an Exchange in chapter 8?
(a) A collage of animal pictures.
(b) A paper mache doll.
(c) A small elephant sculpture.
(d) A calendar.
4. Whose departure from Hailsham shocks all the students in chapter 9?
(b) Miss Emily.
(c) Miss Lucy.
5. What vice is strongly discouraged at Hailsham?
(c) Premarital sex.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator mentioned she often used for blankets in chapter 11?
2. Why does Ruth ask Kathy to ask Tommy to come back to her in chapter 9?
3. Who did the narrator once see giving a speech to an imaginary classroom, as described in chapter 4?
4. What is a guardian?
5. When does the narrator hope she might be able to have more time to listen to her favorite music tape?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)