|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What changes does the narrator note about her relationship with Ruby in chapter 11?
(a) They are closer than ever.
(b) They fight more, but they share confidences more.
(c) They fight constantly and hate one another.
(d) Nothing has changed.
2. How many others from their class does the narrator say came to the Cottages in chapter 10?
3. How old is the narrating character?
4. What was the secret guards evidence against the conspirators?
(a) Witnessed conversations.
(b) Pictures of strangers.
(c) Written confessions.
(d) Drawings of crime scenes.
5. In chapter 11, what does the narrator define courses as?
(a) Training to be a vet.
(b) Training to be a carer.
(c) Training to be a donor.
(d) Training to be a nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What joke do the children at Hailsham make when discussing the electrified fences that often circled the concentration camps during World War II?
2. Where did the donor in the narrator's third year grow up, causing her to recall her own childhood at Hailsham?
3. What is a Walkman?
4. Who calls Tommy an idiot in chapter 1 for not seeing that the boys are going to ignore him while picking players for the sports team?
5. How does Kathy find herself on Ruth's good books at the end of part one?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)