|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the students feel Madame was different, odd?
(a) She never allowed the children to come near her.
(b) She avoided the guardians.
(c) She interacted with the kids more than others.
(d) She enjoyed the art that others thought was poorly made.
2. What excuse did Miss Emily give for the lack of tokens offered in exchange for the art Madame took away?
(a) That they should just be happy to have a roof over their heads.
(b) That it was a great honor to have their art chosen.
(c) That they should be given the tokens, but she did not have extras.
(d) That they should ask someone else.
3. What is a Walkman?
(a) A portable cassette player.
(b) An alarm clock.
(c) A radio.
(d) An early MP3 player.
4. Why did the students at Hailsham love the sports pavilion?
(a) It reminded them of cottages in storybooks.
(b) It represented their favorite activities.
(c) It was filled with good smells.
(d) It was where they held their favorite classes.
5. What is a guardian?
(a) The people who govern the clones.
(b) The carers' bosses.
(c) The head nurses in the donor facilities.
(d) The teachers and administrators at Hailsham.
Short Answer Questions
1. What things in Tommy's behavior does the narrator believe she missed as signs of something that has taken place in chapter 8?
2. What are tokens?
3. What were the students at Hailsham allowed to wear on weekends, but not during the week?
4. How long does the narrator recall the secret guard lasting?
5. Why does Ruth ask Kathy to ask Tommy to come back to her in chapter 9?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)