|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What work of art did Tommy create as a joke that began his torment from other students, as described in chapter 2?
(a) An elephant.
(b) A palace.
(c) A lion.
(d) A cathedral.
2. What does the narrator reveal in chapter 10 her topic was for her writing assignment when she first arrived at the Cottages?
(a) Clone rights.
(b) Modern American novels.
(c) Victorian novels.
(d) Women's rights.
3. What is the name of the narrating character?
(a) Ruth S.
(b) Mitchell F.
(c) Horace G.
(d) Kathy H.
4. Why did the narrator believe Ruth to be a good chess player?
(a) Ruth had a collection of books on the subject.
(b) Ruth often voiced a desire to play the game.
(c) Ruth often commented on chess games in progress.
(d) Ruth said she was.
5. What does Tommy tell the narrator that he thinks Miss Lucy feels the students are not being taught properly?
(a) About their future careers.
(b) About their work as carers.
(c) About donations.
(d) About art.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose departure from Hailsham shocks all the students in chapter 9?
2. What is the woods?
3. What is Bramble, as described in chapter 4?
4. What does Ruth give the narrator in chapter 6 to replace her lost tape?
5. What was the secret guards evidence against the conspirators?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)