|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are tokens?
(a) Coins used in video games.
(b) Rewards students are given for the artwork they supply to the exchanges.
(c) Toys for small children at Hailsham.
(d) Gifts for good grades at Hailsham.
2. What does Ruth give the narrator in chapter 6 to replace her lost tape?
(a) A baby doll.
(b) A new hand mirror.
(c) A new tape of ballroom dancing music.
(d) A few tokens.
3. What is a Walkman?
(a) An early MP3 player.
(b) An alarm clock.
(c) A radio.
(d) A portable cassette player.
4. How long does the narrator recall the secret guard lasting?
(a) The lifetime of Hailsham.
(b) Three to five years.
(c) Nine months to a year.
(d) Twenty years.
5. Who admits to the students that she has indulged in the forbidden vice in chapter 6?
(a) Miss Jody.
(b) Miss Lucy.
(c) Miss Emily.
(d) Miss Geraldine.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what room was the art displayed for Madame?
2. How long after the secret guard ended did Ruth appear in class with a pencil case?
3. What does the narrator describe as a piece of art she bought at an Exchange in chapter 8?
4. Where did the narrator and Tommy often meet in secrecy during their years at Hailsham?
5. When does the narrator hope she might be able to have more time to listen to her favorite music tape?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)