|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Lucy tell the students in chapter 7 they are destined to do?
(a) Donate their bodies to scientific experimentation.
(b) Donate their vital organs.
(c) Become doctors and lawyers.
(d) Live to be very old.
2. Why did the students at Hailsham love the sports pavilion?
(a) It represented their favorite activities.
(b) It was where they held their favorite classes.
(c) It was filled with good smells.
(d) It reminded them of cottages in storybooks.
3. What is the woods?
(a) A wooded area around Hailsham.
(b) A room where the students study horticulture.
(c) A hall at Hailsham that is decorated with trees.
(d) A mural on the wall of Hailsham's cafeteria.
4. In what room was the art displayed for Madame?
(a) The art room.
(b) The billiards room.
(c) An empty dorm room.
(d) The lunch room.
5. Who was Moira B?
(a) A girl who lived in the same dorm room with Ruth.
(b) Another secret guard leader.
(c) A student in the narrator's art class.
(d) Another girl kicked out of the secret guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who plots to prove Madame's fear of the students at Hailsham?
2. How many others from their class does the narrator say came to the Cottages in chapter 10?
3. How old is the narrating character?
4. Who is Miss Geraldine?
5. What happened in chapter 6 to the tape the narrator hid in her dorm room that contained her favorite song?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)