|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was often terribly cold in the farmhouse at the Cottages, as mentioned in chapter 10?
(a) The weather made it impossible to keep up with the temperatures.
(b) The caretaker rarely brought in enough heaters.
(c) The house was impossible to heat due to its size.
(d) The house was in poor repair.
2. What trip does the narrator foreshadow at the end of chapter 11?
(a) A trip to Norfolk.
(b) A trip to Hailsham.
(c) A trip to Dover.
(d) A trip to London.
3. Where did the donor in the narrator's third year grow up, causing her to recall her own childhood at Hailsham?
(b) Kansas City.
4. What was the secret guards evidence against the conspirators?
(a) Drawings of crime scenes.
(b) Witnessed conversations.
(c) Written confessions.
(d) Pictures of strangers.
5. What is the narrator doing as she recalls these events from her past, as a student at Hailsham?
(a) Visiting a donor.
(c) Preparing a funeral.
(d) Talking to a friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What joke do the children at Hailsham make when discussing the electrified fences that often circled the concentration camps during World War II?
2. Why does the narrator suggest Ruby was correct in accusing her of making no friends outside of Hailsham alum?
3. How old is the narrating character?
4. What is Songs After Dark?
5. Who decides to comfort Tommy at the end of chapter 1 during his temper tantrum?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)