|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who admits to the students that she has indulged in the forbidden vice in chapter 6?
(a) Miss Emily.
(b) Miss Jody.
(c) Miss Geraldine.
(d) Miss Lucy.
2. Why did the students feel Madame was different, odd?
(a) She avoided the guardians.
(b) She interacted with the kids more than others.
(c) She never allowed the children to come near her.
(d) She enjoyed the art that others thought was poorly made.
3. Why was the narrator kicked out of the secret guard?
(a) She gave away guard secrets.
(b) She did not collect her evidence properly.
(c) She allowed Miss Geraldine to be injured.
(d) She had a fight with Ruth.
4. How long does the narrator recall the secret guard lasting?
(a) The lifetime of Hailsham.
(b) Three to five years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Nine months to a year.
5. What is Dave's stump?
(a) A tree stump at where a boy named Dave often cut wood for the fireplaces.
(b) A tree stump where a boy named Dave often sat to read or write.
(c) A tree stump where a boy named Dave is rumored to have died.
(d) A tree stump in the yard nicknamed Dave after the owner's son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What writing assignment were the Hailsham students supposed to be working on during their two years at the Cottages?
2. Where did the donor in the narrator's third year grow up, causing her to recall her own childhood at Hailsham?
3. Why did the narrator believe Ruth to be a good chess player?
4. How does Kathy find herself on Ruth's good books at the end of part one?
5. What was the Cottages before it became a halfway house for clones?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)