|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the narrating character?
(a) Kathy H.
(b) Mitchell F.
(c) Ruth S.
(d) Horace G.
2. What writing assignment were the Hailsham students supposed to be working on during their two years at the Cottages?
(a) A novel.
(b) A short story.
(c) An essay.
(d) A thesis.
3. What trip does the narrator foreshadow at the end of chapter 11?
(a) A trip to Dover.
(b) A trip to Norfolk.
(c) A trip to London.
(d) A trip to Hailsham.
4. What does Laura teach the narrator in chapter 7 in order to discourage boys?
(a) A disgusting way of blowing her nose.
(b) A disgusting way of drinking tea.
(c) A disgusting way of eating her dessert.
(d) A disgusting way of speaking.
5. How long after the secret guard ended did Ruth appear in class with a pencil case?
(a) Two years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Ten years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator continuously refer to as the veterans in chapter 10?
2. How long does the narrator recall the secret guard lasting?
3. What does the narrator tell the reader in chapter 2 was required of the students at Hailsham once a week?
4. Whose behavior does the narrator accuse Ruth of copying at the end of chapter 10?
5. What does the term completion mean when applied to a donor?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)