|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator tell the reader unzipping meant to the students at Hailsham in chapter 7?
(a) They could unzip their bodies and provide organs easily.
(b) They could unzip their clothing and show off their internal organs.
(c) They could unzip their heads and reveal their intelligence.
(d) They could unzip their spines and remove their skeletons.
2. What is the narrator doing as she recalls these events from her past, as a student at Hailsham?
(a) Visiting a donor.
(b) Talking to a friend.
(c) Preparing a funeral.
3. When does the narrator hope she might be able to have more time to listen to her favorite music tape?
(a) When she stops being a carer.
(b) When she settles down to have a family.
(c) When she retires from her bookkeeping job.
(d) When she leave college.
4. In chapter 10, the narrator describes a fear of doing what once they arrived at the Cottages?
(a) Traveling outside of the immediate grounds.
(b) Socializing with outsiders.
(c) Judging their own proper behaviors.
(d) Trusting the guardians.
5. Who is Keffers?
(a) The caretaker at the Cottages.
(b) The owner of the Cottages.
(c) A teacher at the Cottages.
(d) The neighbor of the Cottages.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dave's stump?
2. What is an exchange, as it is explained in chapter 2?
3. Where at Hailsham, as the narrator describes in chapter 2, was the best place to have a private talk?
4. Why was the narrator kicked out of the secret guard?
5. What trip does the narrator foreshadow at the end of chapter 11?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)