|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an exchange, as it is explained in chapter 2?
(a) A program where students at Hailsham are encouraged to trade their favorite storybooks.
(b) An art exhibition where students both showed their own work and bought other's work.
(c) A program in which students would visit other schools in the area.
(d) A social hour at Hailsham where students were encouraged to socialize with students from other schools.
2. What happened in chapter 6 to the tape the narrator hid in her dorm room that contained her favorite song?
(a) It was broken.
(b) It was stolen.
(c) It was garbled in the tape machine.
(d) It was lost.
3. Who admits to the students that she has indulged in the forbidden vice in chapter 6?
(a) Miss Lucy.
(b) Miss Geraldine.
(c) Miss Emily.
(d) Miss Jody.
4. What is Bramble, as described in chapter 4?
(a) An imaginary horse.
(b) A dog.
(c) A donkey.
(d) An imaginary cow.
5. What does Tommy tell the narrator that he thinks Miss Lucy feels the students are not being taught properly?
(a) About their future careers.
(b) About their work as carers.
(c) About donations.
(d) About art.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the woods?
2. What is Songs After Dark?
3. Whose behavior does the narrator accuse Ruth of copying at the end of chapter 10?
4. When does the narrator hope she might be able to have more time to listen to her favorite music tape?
5. Why did the narrator believe Ruth to be a good chess player?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)