|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Peter and Gordon say they want to go to America in chapter 7?
(a) To become doctors.
(b) To become actors.
(c) To be better educated.
(d) To become millionaires.
2. What does the narrator tell the reader unzipping meant to the students at Hailsham in chapter 7?
(a) They could unzip their bodies and provide organs easily.
(b) They could unzip their spines and remove their skeletons.
(c) They could unzip their heads and reveal their intelligence.
(d) They could unzip their clothing and show off their internal organs.
3. What does Laura teach the narrator in chapter 7 in order to discourage boys?
(a) A disgusting way of speaking.
(b) A disgusting way of eating her dessert.
(c) A disgusting way of blowing her nose.
(d) A disgusting way of drinking tea.
4. Who is Miss Geraldine?
(a) A carer in Kathy's clinic.
(b) A teacher at the Cottages.
(c) A guardian at Hailsham who is everyone's favorite.
(d) A donor at the clinic where Kathy works.
5. What are Sales?
(a) A class that teaches economics at Hailsham.
(b) A merchant van that came to Hailsham once a month.
(c) A student run market at Hailsham.
(d) A store at Hailsham to reward students for good behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator tell the reader in chapter 2 was required of the students at Hailsham once a week?
2. Who decides to comfort Tommy at the end of chapter 1 during his temper tantrum?
3. What is Songs After Dark?
4. Who was Moira B?
5. What are tokens?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)