|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Moira B?
(a) A girl who lived in the same dorm room with Ruth.
(b) A student in the narrator's art class.
(c) Another secret guard leader.
(d) Another girl kicked out of the secret guard.
2. Who is Judy Bridgewater?
(a) A carer.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A singer.
(d) A teacher.
3. What does Laura teach the narrator in chapter 7 in order to discourage boys?
(a) A disgusting way of blowing her nose.
(b) A disgusting way of speaking.
(c) A disgusting way of drinking tea.
(d) A disgusting way of eating her dessert.
4. In chapter 10, the narrator describes a fear of doing what once they arrived at the Cottages?
(a) Traveling outside of the immediate grounds.
(b) Socializing with outsiders.
(c) Judging their own proper behaviors.
(d) Trusting the guardians.
5. Who does the narrator continuously refer to as the veterans in chapter 10?
(a) Residents who were of middle age.
(b) Residents who lived there permanently.
(c) Residents who had been there a year or more.
(d) Residents who acted as guardians to the newcomers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who admits to the students that she has indulged in the forbidden vice in chapter 6?
2. What is an exchange, as it is explained in chapter 2?
3. How long does the narrator recall the secret guard lasting?
4. What writing assignment were the Hailsham students supposed to be working on during their two years at the Cottages?
5. What is Songs After Dark?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)