|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are tokens?
(a) Coins used in video games.
(b) Toys for small children at Hailsham.
(c) Rewards students are given for the artwork they supply to the exchanges.
(d) Gifts for good grades at Hailsham.
2. What does the narrator tell the reader in chapter 2 was required of the students at Hailsham once a week?
(a) A drug screening.
(b) An art exam.
(c) An IQ test.
(d) A medical exam.
3. What is the secret guard?
(a) A group of students who plan military careers.
(b) The security at Hailsham.
(c) A group of girls at Hailsham under Ruth who protect Miss Geraldine.
(d) The owners of Hailsham.
4. How long does narrator say Miss Geraldine told her Madame has been coming to their school?
(a) Since it opened.
(b) Only a few months.
(c) For several years.
(d) For twenty years.
5. Why did the narrator believe Ruth to be a good chess player?
(a) Ruth often voiced a desire to play the game.
(b) Ruth had a collection of books on the subject.
(c) Ruth said she was.
(d) Ruth often commented on chess games in progress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where at Hailsham, as the narrator describes in chapter 2, was the best place to have a private talk?
2. How old was the narrator when she first recalls making friends with Ruth?
3. In chapter 11, what does the narrator define courses as?
4. Why does Ruth ask Kathy to ask Tommy to come back to her in chapter 9?
5. Why was often terribly cold in the farmhouse at the Cottages, as mentioned in chapter 10?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)