|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many others from their class does the narrator say came to the Cottages in chapter 10?
2. What excuse did Miss Emily give for the lack of tokens offered in exchange for the art Madame took away?
(a) That they should just be happy to have a roof over their heads.
(b) That they should be given the tokens, but she did not have extras.
(c) That they should ask someone else.
(d) That it was a great honor to have their art chosen.
3. What is Dave's stump?
(a) A tree stump where a boy named Dave is rumored to have died.
(b) A tree stump where a boy named Dave often sat to read or write.
(c) A tree stump in the yard nicknamed Dave after the owner's son.
(d) A tree stump at where a boy named Dave often cut wood for the fireplaces.
4. What is a guardian?
(a) The carers' bosses.
(b) The teachers and administrators at Hailsham.
(c) The head nurses in the donor facilities.
(d) The people who govern the clones.
5. What trip does the narrator foreshadow at the end of chapter 11?
(a) A trip to Hailsham.
(b) A trip to Dover.
(c) A trip to London.
(d) A trip to Norfolk.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom has Tommy recently had a break up as described in chapter 8?
2. What does the narrator tell the reader in chapter 2 was required of the students at Hailsham once a week?
3. Who was often blamed, as mentioned in chapter 11, for all the pornographic magazines discovered at the Cottages?
4. In chapter 10, the narrator describes a fear of doing what once they arrived at the Cottages?
5. Where is the novel set?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)