|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Kathy see Miss Lucy doing in a quiet classroom at the beginning of chapter 8?
(a) Creating a new type of art.
(b) Scribbling over students' homework.
(c) Encouraging Tommy to create more art.
(d) Blacking out lines on unknown papers.
2. Who was Moira B?
(a) A girl who lived in the same dorm room with Ruth.
(b) A student in the narrator's art class.
(c) Another secret guard leader.
(d) Another girl kicked out of the secret guard.
3. Who is Miss Geraldine?
(a) A guardian at Hailsham who is everyone's favorite.
(b) A carer in Kathy's clinic.
(c) A donor at the clinic where Kathy works.
(d) A teacher at the Cottages.
4. How long does the narrator recall the secret guard lasting?
(a) The lifetime of Hailsham.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Nine months to a year.
(d) Three to five years.
5. What work of art did Tommy create as a joke that began his torment from other students, as described in chapter 2?
(a) A palace.
(b) A lion.
(c) A cathedral.
(d) An elephant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes fun of Tommy's expressions as he warms up on the sports field with the other boys in chapter 1?
2. Why was the narrator kicked out of the secret guard?
3. What joke do the children at Hailsham make when discussing the electrified fences that often circled the concentration camps during World War II?
4. What is a guardian?
5. Who admits to the students that she has indulged in the forbidden vice in chapter 6?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)