|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What vice is strongly discouraged at Hailsham?
(c) Premarital sex.
2. Where at Hailsham, as the narrator describes in chapter 2, was the best place to have a private talk?
(a) The music room.
(b) The art room.
(c) The dorm bathrooms.
(d) The lunch queue.
3. Why was the narrator kicked out of the secret guard?
(a) She allowed Miss Geraldine to be injured.
(b) She did not collect her evidence properly.
(c) She had a fight with Ruth.
(d) She gave away guard secrets.
4. What did Kathy see Miss Lucy doing in a quiet classroom at the beginning of chapter 8?
(a) Creating a new type of art.
(b) Encouraging Tommy to create more art.
(c) Blacking out lines on unknown papers.
(d) Scribbling over students' homework.
5. Who makes fun of Tommy's expressions as he warms up on the sports field with the other boys in chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Songs After Dark?
2. Who calls Tommy an idiot in chapter 1 for not seeing that the boys are going to ignore him while picking players for the sports team?
3. Who decides to comfort Tommy at the end of chapter 1 during his temper tantrum?
4. Who is Judy Bridgewater?
5. What does Miss Lucy tell the students in chapter 7 they are destined to do?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)