|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who makes fun of Tommy's expressions as he warms up on the sports field with the other boys in chapter 1?
2. When does the narrator hope she might be able to have more time to listen to her favorite music tape?
(a) When she settles down to have a family.
(b) When she retires from her bookkeeping job.
(c) When she stops being a carer.
(d) When she leave college.
3. Who did the narrator once see giving a speech to an imaginary classroom, as described in chapter 4?
(a) Miss Geraldine.
(b) Miss Jody.
(c) Miss Lucy.
(d) Miss Emily.
4. How long does the narrator recall the secret guard lasting?
(a) The lifetime of Hailsham.
(b) Nine months to a year.
(c) Three to five years.
(d) Twenty years.
5. With whom has Tommy recently had a break up as described in chapter 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say the students used their tokens on?
2. Where at Hailsham, as the narrator describes in chapter 2, was the best place to have a private talk?
3. Who suggests that Kathy might be Tommy's next girlfriend in chapter 9?
4. What is the name of the narrating character?
5. Why does Ruth ask Kathy to ask Tommy to come back to her in chapter 9?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)