|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what room was the art displayed for Madame?
(a) The billiards room.
(b) The lunch room.
(c) An empty dorm room.
(d) The art room.
2. Where is the novel set?
(b) New York.
3. With whom has Tommy recently had a break up as described in chapter 8?
4. Who is Miss Geraldine?
(a) A teacher at the Cottages.
(b) A guardian at Hailsham who is everyone's favorite.
(c) A donor at the clinic where Kathy works.
(d) A carer in Kathy's clinic.
5. What is the secret guard?
(a) A group of girls at Hailsham under Ruth who protect Miss Geraldine.
(b) The security at Hailsham.
(c) A group of students who plan military careers.
(d) The owners of Hailsham.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tommy tell the narrator that he thinks Miss Lucy feels the students are not being taught properly?
2. What are Sales?
3. Why did the students feel Madame was different, odd?
4. Who did the narrator once see giving a speech to an imaginary classroom, as described in chapter 4?
5. What are the ages of the Junior classes at Hailsham?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)