|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the ages of the Junior classes at Hailsham?
(a) Fifteen to seventeen.
(b) Seven through eleven.
(c) Five through eight.
(d) Birth to twelve.
2. Why was the narrator kicked out of the secret guard?
(a) She gave away guard secrets.
(b) She allowed Miss Geraldine to be injured.
(c) She had a fight with Ruth.
(d) She did not collect her evidence properly.
3. What is the woods?
(a) A mural on the wall of Hailsham's cafeteria.
(b) A wooded area around Hailsham.
(c) A room where the students study horticulture.
(d) A hall at Hailsham that is decorated with trees.
4. Why did the students at Hailsham love the sports pavilion?
(a) It represented their favorite activities.
(b) It was where they held their favorite classes.
(c) It was filled with good smells.
(d) It reminded them of cottages in storybooks.
5. What difference did the narrator begin to note in Tommy during their Senior 2 year, as described in chapter 2?
(a) He stopped losing his temper.
(b) He stopped playing sports.
(c) He stopped hanging out with his friends.
(d) He stopped going to classes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What work of art did Tommy create as a joke that began his torment from other students, as described in chapter 2?
2. Who is Miss Geraldine?
3. Who asks Tommy to get back into his art in chapter 9?
4. What was the secret guards evidence against the conspirators?
5. What joke do the children at Hailsham make when discussing the electrified fences that often circled the concentration camps during World War II?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)