|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who first suggested that Madame was frightened of the students at Hailsham?
2. Why did the students feel Madame was different, odd?
(a) She avoided the guardians.
(b) She never allowed the children to come near her.
(c) She interacted with the kids more than others.
(d) She enjoyed the art that others thought was poorly made.
3. Who plots to prove Madame's fear of the students at Hailsham?
4. What is Bramble, as described in chapter 4?
(a) A donkey.
(b) An imaginary cow.
(c) A dog.
(d) An imaginary horse.
5. Why is the narrator reluctant to sit beside Tommy in chapter 3 when they meet at the pond?
(a) She does not want to get her pants wet.
(b) She does not want to give Tommy the wrong impression.
(c) She does not want anyone to observe them and think they are up to something wrong.
(d) She does not want to let Tommy know how she feels about him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the narrator kicked out of the secret guard?
2. How long does narrator say Miss Geraldine told her Madame has been coming to their school?
3. What is the Lost Corner?
4. What things in Tommy's behavior does the narrator believe she missed as signs of something that has taken place in chapter 8?
5. How does Kathy find herself on Ruth's good books at the end of part one?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)