|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the woods?
(a) A room where the students study horticulture.
(b) A mural on the wall of Hailsham's cafeteria.
(c) A hall at Hailsham that is decorated with trees.
(d) A wooded area around Hailsham.
2. Who is Miss Geraldine?
(a) A guardian at Hailsham who is everyone's favorite.
(b) A teacher at the Cottages.
(c) A donor at the clinic where Kathy works.
(d) A carer in Kathy's clinic.
3. Who does Ruth want to know if the narrator likes at the end of chapter 4?
(a) Miss Emily.
(b) Miss Lucy.
(c) Miss Jody.
(d) Miss Geraldine.
4. Why did the narrator believe Ruth to be a good chess player?
(a) Ruth often commented on chess games in progress.
(b) Ruth said she was.
(c) Ruth had a collection of books on the subject.
(d) Ruth often voiced a desire to play the game.
5. What are tokens?
(a) Rewards students are given for the artwork they supply to the exchanges.
(b) Gifts for good grades at Hailsham.
(c) Toys for small children at Hailsham.
(d) Coins used in video games.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the narrating character?
2. What work of art did Tommy create as a joke that began his torment from other students, as described in chapter 2?
3. What is the narrator doing as she recalls these events from her past, as a student at Hailsham?
4. Where did the donor in the narrator's third year grow up, causing her to recall her own childhood at Hailsham?
5. How long does narrator say Miss Geraldine told her Madame has been coming to their school?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)