|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was the narrator when she first recalls making friends with Ruth?
(c) Six going on seven.
(d) Seven going on eight.
2. What are tokens?
(a) Rewards students are given for the artwork they supply to the exchanges.
(b) Gifts for good grades at Hailsham.
(c) Coins used in video games.
(d) Toys for small children at Hailsham.
3. What is a Walkman?
(a) An early MP3 player.
(b) A portable cassette player.
(c) A radio.
(d) An alarm clock.
4. What is the name of the narrating character?
(a) Ruth S.
(b) Horace G.
(c) Kathy H.
(d) Mitchell F.
5. Why did the students at Hailsham love the sports pavilion?
(a) It was filled with good smells.
(b) It represented their favorite activities.
(c) It reminded them of cottages in storybooks.
(d) It was where they held their favorite classes.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of chapter 4, what does Ruth accuse the narrator of doing all wrong?
2. What joke do the children at Hailsham make when discussing the electrified fences that often circled the concentration camps during World War II?
3. What does the narrator tell the reader unzipping meant to the students at Hailsham in chapter 7?
4. What vice is strongly discouraged at Hailsham?
5. In what room was the art displayed for Madame?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)