|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kathy find herself on Ruth's good books at the end of part one?
(a) By stealing a pencil case from Miss Geraldine.
(b) By stealing a forbidden tape of music.
(c) By getting Tommy to work his art again.
(d) By getting Ruth and Tommy back together.
2. What does the narrator tell the reader in chapter 2 was required of the students at Hailsham once a week?
(a) A medical exam.
(b) A drug screening.
(c) An art exam.
(d) An IQ test.
3. Who makes fun of Tommy's expressions as he warms up on the sports field with the other boys in chapter 1?
4. What were the students at Hailsham allowed to wear on weekends, but not during the week?
(b) Their own clothing.
(c) Team jerseys.
5. What does Miss Lucy tell the students in chapter 7 they are destined to do?
(a) Become doctors and lawyers.
(b) Donate their bodies to scientific experimentation.
(c) Donate their vital organs.
(d) Live to be very old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are tokens?
2. What is Songs After Dark?
3. Who asks Tommy to get back into his art in chapter 9?
4. What is an exchange, as it is explained in chapter 2?
5. What are the ages of the Junior classes at Hailsham?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)