|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are tokens?
(a) Toys for small children at Hailsham.
(b) Rewards students are given for the artwork they supply to the exchanges.
(c) Coins used in video games.
(d) Gifts for good grades at Hailsham.
2. What work of art did Tommy create as a joke that began his torment from other students, as described in chapter 2?
(a) An elephant.
(b) A cathedral.
(c) A palace.
(d) A lion.
3. What rumors abound at Hailsham about students who wander into the woods?
(a) They are forced to add to the mural on the wall.
(b) They are murdered.
(c) They are forced to do extra homework.
(d) They are made to volunteer to cook lunch.
4. In what room was the art displayed for Madame?
(a) The art room.
(b) The billiards room.
(c) The lunch room.
(d) An empty dorm room.
5. Where did the donor in the narrator's third year grow up, causing her to recall her own childhood at Hailsham?
(a) Kansas City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse did Miss Emily give for the lack of tokens offered in exchange for the art Madame took away?
2. When does the narrator hope she might be able to have more time to listen to her favorite music tape?
3. What is Bramble, as described in chapter 4?
4. How old was the narrator when she first recalls making friends with Ruth?
5. Who suggests that Kathy might be Tommy's next girlfriend in chapter 9?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)