|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ruth want to know if the narrator likes at the end of chapter 4?
(a) Miss Emily.
(b) Miss Lucy.
(c) Miss Geraldine.
(d) Miss Jody.
2. Who suggests that Kathy might be Tommy's next girlfriend in chapter 9?
3. Why is the narrator reluctant to sit beside Tommy in chapter 3 when they meet at the pond?
(a) She does not want to let Tommy know how she feels about him.
(b) She does not want anyone to observe them and think they are up to something wrong.
(c) She does not want to give Tommy the wrong impression.
(d) She does not want to get her pants wet.
4. Who is Miss Geraldine?
(a) A carer in Kathy's clinic.
(b) A teacher at the Cottages.
(c) A donor at the clinic where Kathy works.
(d) A guardian at Hailsham who is everyone's favorite.
5. Why did the students feel Madame was different, odd?
(a) She avoided the guardians.
(b) She enjoyed the art that others thought was poorly made.
(c) She interacted with the kids more than others.
(d) She never allowed the children to come near her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What things in Tommy's behavior does the narrator believe she missed as signs of something that has taken place in chapter 8?
2. Who decides to comfort Tommy at the end of chapter 1 during his temper tantrum?
3. In what room was the art displayed for Madame?
4. With whom has Tommy recently had a break up as described in chapter 8?
5. Who admits to the students that she has indulged in the forbidden vice in chapter 6?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)