|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose departure from Hailsham shocks all the students in chapter 9?
(c) Miss Lucy.
(d) Miss Emily.
2. What does the narrator describe as a piece of art she bought at an Exchange in chapter 8?
(a) A calendar.
(b) A small elephant sculpture.
(c) A collage of animal pictures.
(d) A paper mache doll.
3. Why is the narrator reluctant to sit beside Tommy in chapter 3 when they meet at the pond?
(a) She does not want to get her pants wet.
(b) She does not want to let Tommy know how she feels about him.
(c) She does not want to give Tommy the wrong impression.
(d) She does not want anyone to observe them and think they are up to something wrong.
4. Where is the novel set?
(d) New York.
5. Why was the narrator kicked out of the secret guard?
(a) She had a fight with Ruth.
(b) She gave away guard secrets.
(c) She did not collect her evidence properly.
(d) She allowed Miss Geraldine to be injured.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tommy tell the narrator that he thinks Miss Lucy feels the students are not being taught properly?
2. What is the Lost Corner?
3. Where did the narrator and Tommy often meet in secrecy during their years at Hailsham?
4. What excuse did Miss Emily give for the lack of tokens offered in exchange for the art Madame took away?
5. What does Laura teach the narrator in chapter 7 in order to discourage boys?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)