|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who decides to comfort Tommy at the end of chapter 1 during his temper tantrum?
2. Who did the narrator once see giving a speech to an imaginary classroom, as described in chapter 4?
(a) Miss Jody.
(b) Miss Emily.
(c) Miss Lucy.
(d) Miss Geraldine.
3. What is a Walkman?
(a) An early MP3 player.
(b) A radio.
(c) A portable cassette player.
(d) An alarm clock.
4. What is the name of the narrating character?
(a) Kathy H.
(b) Ruth S.
(c) Horace G.
(d) Mitchell F.
5. Why do Peter and Gordon say they want to go to America in chapter 7?
(a) To become doctors.
(b) To become millionaires.
(c) To be better educated.
(d) To become actors.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the narrator recall the secret guard lasting?
2. Why is the narrator reluctant to sit beside Tommy in chapter 3 when they meet at the pond?
3. Why does Ruth ask Kathy to ask Tommy to come back to her in chapter 9?
4. What vice is strongly discouraged at Hailsham?
5. How old was the narrator when she first recalls making friends with Ruth?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)