|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the woods?
(a) A wooded area around Hailsham.
(b) A room where the students study horticulture.
(c) A mural on the wall of Hailsham's cafeteria.
(d) A hall at Hailsham that is decorated with trees.
2. How old was the narrator when she first recalls making friends with Ruth?
(b) Six going on seven.
(c) Seven going on eight.
3. Where did the narrator and Tommy often meet in secrecy during their years at Hailsham?
(a) The woods.
(b) The pond.
(c) The sports pavilion.
(d) The art room.
4. What excuse did Miss Emily give for the lack of tokens offered in exchange for the art Madame took away?
(a) That they should just be happy to have a roof over their heads.
(b) That they should ask someone else.
(c) That it was a great honor to have their art chosen.
(d) That they should be given the tokens, but she did not have extras.
5. What is an exchange, as it is explained in chapter 2?
(a) A program where students at Hailsham are encouraged to trade their favorite storybooks.
(b) An art exhibition where students both showed their own work and bought other's work.
(c) A social hour at Hailsham where students were encouraged to socialize with students from other schools.
(d) A program in which students would visit other schools in the area.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rumors abound at Hailsham about students who wander into the woods?
2. What was the secret guards evidence against the conspirators?
3. What does Laura teach the narrator in chapter 7 in order to discourage boys?
4. What is a Walkman?
5. What does the term completion mean when applied to a donor?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)