|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Miss Geraldine?
(a) A carer in Kathy's clinic.
(b) A donor at the clinic where Kathy works.
(c) A guardian at Hailsham who is everyone's favorite.
(d) A teacher at the Cottages.
2. What is the name of the narrating character?
(a) Mitchell F.
(b) Horace G.
(c) Ruth S.
(d) Kathy H.
3. How long does the narrator recall the secret guard lasting?
(a) The lifetime of Hailsham.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Three to five years.
(d) Nine months to a year.
4. What is the woods?
(a) A mural on the wall of Hailsham's cafeteria.
(b) A hall at Hailsham that is decorated with trees.
(c) A room where the students study horticulture.
(d) A wooded area around Hailsham.
5. What happened in chapter 6 to the tape the narrator hid in her dorm room that contained her favorite song?
(a) It was lost.
(b) It was garbled in the tape machine.
(c) It was stolen.
(d) It was broken.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the secret guard?
2. Who first suggested that Madame was frightened of the students at Hailsham?
3. What work of art did Tommy create as a joke that began his torment from other students, as described in chapter 2?
4. Why do Peter and Gordon say they want to go to America in chapter 7?
5. Who did the narrator once see giving a speech to an imaginary classroom, as described in chapter 4?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)