Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what room was the art displayed for Madame?
(a) The lunch room.
(b) The art room.
(c) An empty dorm room.
(d) The billiards room.
2. Why did the students feel Madame was different, odd?
(a) She interacted with the kids more than others.
(b) She enjoyed the art that others thought was poorly made.
(c) She avoided the guardians.
(d) She never allowed the children to come near her.
3. At the end of chapter 15, how does Ruth go out of her way to show Tommy and Kathy she had known she had acted badly earlier?
(a) She buys them dinner.
(b) She refuses to speak with Chrissie and Rodney.
(c) She apologizes outright.
(d) She includes them in her jokes with Chrissie and Rodney.
4. Whose departure from Hailsham shocks all the students in chapter 9?
(b) Miss Lucy.
(d) Miss Emily.
5. In chapter 16, why does Ruth think that Tommy might not want to be romantic with Kathy?
(a) She is unattractive.
(b) She does not like his art.
(c) She has been promiscuous.
(d) She is not his type.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruth give the narrator in chapter 6 to replace her lost tape?
2. When does the narrator hope she might be able to have more time to listen to her favorite music tape?
3. Who calls Tommy an idiot in chapter 1 for not seeing that the boys are going to ignore him while picking players for the sports team?
4. Why do Rodney and Chrissie believe the students from Hailsham might know about deferrals?
5. How does Kathy find herself on Ruth's good books at the end of part one?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)