Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does narrator say Miss Geraldine told her Madame has been coming to their school?
(a) For twenty years.
(b) For several years.
(c) Only a few months.
(d) Since it opened.
2. Why is the narrator reluctant to sit beside Tommy in chapter 3 when they meet at the pond?
(a) She does not want to get her pants wet.
(b) She does not want to let Tommy know how she feels about him.
(c) She does not want anyone to observe them and think they are up to something wrong.
(d) She does not want to give Tommy the wrong impression.
3. In chapter 14, why does Chrissie say she and Rodney like to buy birthday cards in bulk?
(a) They like to use them as postcards.
(b) They are cheap and are always on hand.
(c) They like the art on them.
(d) They are a cheap alternative to construction paper.
4. What does the narrator tell the reader unzipping meant to the students at Hailsham in chapter 7?
(a) They could unzip their clothing and show off their internal organs.
(b) They could unzip their spines and remove their skeletons.
(c) They could unzip their bodies and provide organs easily.
(d) They could unzip their heads and reveal their intelligence.
5. In chapter 15, why does Tommy think he has blown his future by refusing to participate in art at Hailsham?
(a) They have nothing to help choose when he should become a carer.
(b) They have nothing to determine if he should be a donor.
(c) He has nothing they can use to determine if he should get a deferment.
(d) They have nothing to earn money for his care.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Songs After Dark?
2. Why did the narrator believe Ruth to be a good chess player?
3. Who makes fun of Tommy's expressions as he warms up on the sports field with the other boys in chapter 1?
4. What is the definition of a possible as described by the narrator in chapter 12?
5. What does the narrator describe as a piece of art she bought at an Exchange in chapter 8?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)