Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who makes fun of Tommy's expressions as he warms up on the sports field with the other boys in chapter 1?
2. Why did the students at Hailsham love the sports pavilion?
(a) It was where they held their favorite classes.
(b) It was filled with good smells.
(c) It reminded them of cottages in storybooks.
(d) It represented their favorite activities.
3. Who does Ruth want to know if the narrator likes at the end of chapter 4?
(a) Miss Emily.
(b) Miss Geraldine.
(c) Miss Lucy.
(d) Miss Jody.
4. Why is the narrator reluctant to sit beside Tommy in chapter 3 when they meet at the pond?
(a) She does not want anyone to observe them and think they are up to something wrong.
(b) She does not want to give Tommy the wrong impression.
(c) She does not want to let Tommy know how she feels about him.
(d) She does not want to get her pants wet.
5. How long does the narrator recall the secret guard lasting?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) The lifetime of Hailsham.
(c) Three to five years.
(d) Nine months to a year.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Miss Lucy?
2. What difference did the narrator begin to note in Tommy during their Senior 2 year, as described in chapter 2?
3. What is the name of the narrating character?
4. What excuse did Miss Emily give for the lack of tokens offered in exchange for the art Madame took away?
5. What is Songs After Dark?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)