|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the donor in the narrator's third year grow up, causing her to recall her own childhood at Hailsham?
(a) Kansas City.
2. At the end of chapter 4, what does Ruth accuse the narrator of doing all wrong?
(a) Putting her imaginary horses away.
(b) Drawing a hopscotch grid on the sidewalk.
(c) Drawing pictures of horses.
(d) Putting their toys away.
3. Who first suggested that Madame was frightened of the students at Hailsham?
4. What is an exchange, as it is explained in chapter 2?
(a) An art exhibition where students both showed their own work and bought other's work.
(b) A program in which students would visit other schools in the area.
(c) A social hour at Hailsham where students were encouraged to socialize with students from other schools.
(d) A program where students at Hailsham are encouraged to trade their favorite storybooks.
5. Who did the narrator once see giving a speech to an imaginary classroom, as described in chapter 4?
(a) Miss Jody.
(b) Miss Geraldine.
(c) Miss Emily.
(d) Miss Lucy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator tell the reader in chapter 2 was required of the students at Hailsham once a week?
2. Who decides to comfort Tommy at the end of chapter 1 during his temper tantrum?
3. Where is the novel set?
4. What were the students at Hailsham allowed to wear on weekends, but not during the week?
5. What excuse did Miss Emily give for the lack of tokens offered in exchange for the art Madame took away?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)