|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the narrator once see giving a speech to an imaginary classroom, as described in chapter 4?
(a) Miss Lucy.
(b) Miss Jody.
(c) Miss Emily.
(d) Miss Geraldine.
2. What are Sales?
(a) A student run market at Hailsham.
(b) A store at Hailsham to reward students for good behavior.
(c) A merchant van that came to Hailsham once a month.
(d) A class that teaches economics at Hailsham.
3. What book is the narrator reading in chapter 10 that Ruth rudely begins to describe the plot of to her?
(a) Great Expectations.
(b) Oliver Twist.
(c) A Tale of Two Cities.
(d) Daniel Deronda.
4. What would the narrator often hold while listening to her favorite song, Never Let Me Go?
(a) A pillow.
(b) A hairbrush.
(c) A baby doll.
(d) A curling iron.
5. Why was often terribly cold in the farmhouse at the Cottages, as mentioned in chapter 10?
(a) The weather made it impossible to keep up with the temperatures.
(b) The house was impossible to heat due to its size.
(c) The caretaker rarely brought in enough heaters.
(d) The house was in poor repair.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after the secret guard ended did Ruth appear in class with a pencil case?
2. Why did the narrator believe Ruth to be a good chess player?
3. Who first suggested that Madame was frightened of the students at Hailsham?
4. Why does Ruth ask Kathy to ask Tommy to come back to her in chapter 9?
5. In chapter 15, why does Tommy tell Kathy he wanted to find the Judy Bridgewater tape for her?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)