|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long after the secret guard ended did Ruth appear in class with a pencil case?
(a) Five years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Ten years.
2. What lie has Ruth told Chrissie that Tommy nearly blows for her in chapter 13?
(a) That a Hailsham student became a park keeper.
(b) That a Hailsham student became a bookkeeper.
(c) That a Hailsham student became a barrister.
(d) That a Hailsham student became a doctor.
3. How does the narrator say Ruth responded to the possibility of not taking the trip to Norfolk in chapter 13?
(a) She became angry.
(b) She was depressed.
(c) She was nonchalant.
(d) She was relieved.
4. Why do Rodney and Chrissie believe the students from Hailsham might know about deferrals?
(a) They are smarter.
(b) They are closer to the guardians.
(c) They have more access to the rule books.
(d) They were more privledged.
5. What one sign of her health struggles does Ruth show during the walk to the boat in chapter 18?
(a) She is short of breath.
(b) She walks with a limp.
(c) She must stop often.
(d) She cannot walk at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator refuse to go visit Martin while in Norfolk?
2. Why does there seem to be a different set of rules for the clones from Hailsham as compared to the clones from other backgrounds?
3. What is the definition of a possible as described by the narrator in chapter 12?
4. What items does the narrator say in chapter 18 she likes to window shop for and compare to the ones she has at home?
5. Where is the recovery center where Ruth is living during her donations?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)