|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What promise does the narrator make to Ruth after her second donation in chapter 19?
(a) That she will find Miss Geraldine for her.
(b) That she will bring Tommy back to her.
(c) That she will find Madame for her.
(d) That she will be Tommy's carer.
2. What is Songs After Dark?
(a) An album of French music.
(b) A piano book of popular songs.
(c) A choir book used at Hailsham.
(d) An album containing Kathy's favorite song.
3. How does the narrator say Ruth responded to the possibility of not taking the trip to Norfolk in chapter 13?
(a) She was nonchalant.
(b) She became angry.
(c) She was depressed.
(d) She was relieved.
4. What job does Martin (Rodney and Chrissie's friend mentioned in chapter 13) have?
(d) Construction worker.
5. What vice is strongly discouraged at Hailsham?
(d) Premarital sex.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the secret guards evidence against the conspirators?
2. What happened in chapter 6 to the tape the narrator hid in her dorm room that contained her favorite song?
3. What is the Lost Corner?
4. In chapter 13, who has been placed in charge of the spending money for the Norfolk trip?
5. What does Ruth give the narrator in chapter 6 to replace her lost tape?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)