|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what job does Rodney and Chrissie report Ruth's possible worked at?
(a) An artisitc job.
(b) A medical job.
(c) An office job.
(d) A janitor's job.
2. Why do Rodney and Chrissie believe the students from Hailsham might know about deferrals?
(a) They have more access to the rule books.
(b) They are closer to the guardians.
(c) They were more privledged.
(d) They are smarter.
3. What billboard does the narrator point out in chapter 19 that she hopes will remind Tommy and Ruth of their trip to Norfolk?
(a) A picture of a hotel.
(b) A picture of a set of cottages.
(c) A picture of an office setting.
(d) A picture of a beach resort.
4. How long does the narrator recall the secret guard lasting?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Three to five years.
(c) Nine months to a year.
(d) The lifetime of Hailsham.
5. Who was Moira B?
(a) A student in the narrator's art class.
(b) Another girl kicked out of the secret guard.
(c) A girl who lived in the same dorm room with Ruth.
(d) Another secret guard leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the narrator hope she might be able to have more time to listen to her favorite music tape?
2. What is a deferral?
3. What are dream futures, as the narrator describes in chapter 12?
4. What rumors abound at Hailsham about students who wander into the woods?
5. What one sign of her health struggles does Ruth show during the walk to the boat in chapter 18?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)