|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 12, what subject does the narrator say Rodney talked about a lot?
2. Why did the narrator believe Ruth to be a good chess player?
(a) Ruth often voiced a desire to play the game.
(b) Ruth said she was.
(c) Ruth often commented on chess games in progress.
(d) Ruth had a collection of books on the subject.
3. What billboard does the narrator point out in chapter 19 that she hopes will remind Tommy and Ruth of their trip to Norfolk?
(a) A picture of a hotel.
(b) A picture of an office setting.
(c) A picture of a set of cottages.
(d) A picture of a beach resort.
4. What is a deferral?
(a) A refusal to submit to an event.
(b) A set of citizen papers.
(c) A postponement of a payment or event.
(d) A set of travel papers.
5. Who tells Chrissie and Rodney that the students at Hailsham were told about deferrals in chapter 13?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator say the trip to Norfolk was nearly called off at the beginning of chapter 13?
2. What rumors abound at Hailsham about students who wander into the woods?
3. Who claims to not recall learning about deferrals at Hailsham in chapter 13?
4. How long after the secret guard ended did Ruth appear in class with a pencil case?
5. What is the secret guard?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)