|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what job does Rodney and Chrissie report Ruth's possible worked at?
(a) An office job.
(b) An artisitc job.
(c) A janitor's job.
(d) A medical job.
2. What promise does the narrator make to Ruth after her second donation in chapter 19?
(a) That she will find Miss Geraldine for her.
(b) That she will bring Tommy back to her.
(c) That she will find Madame for her.
(d) That she will be Tommy's carer.
3. What is the woods?
(a) A room where the students study horticulture.
(b) A mural on the wall of Hailsham's cafeteria.
(c) A wooded area around Hailsham.
(d) A hall at Hailsham that is decorated with trees.
4. What is Songs After Dark?
(a) An album containing Kathy's favorite song.
(b) An album of French music.
(c) A piano book of popular songs.
(d) A choir book used at Hailsham.
5. How does the narrator say Ruth responded to the possibility of not taking the trip to Norfolk in chapter 13?
(a) She was relieved.
(b) She became angry.
(c) She was depressed.
(d) She was nonchalant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Lost Corner?
2. What billboard does the narrator point out in chapter 19 that she hopes will remind Tommy and Ruth of their trip to Norfolk?
3. At what point in her donation cycle did Chrissie die?
4. Who first suggests, in chapter 18, that Tommy join Kathy and Ruby in their visit to the marooned boat?
5. What vice is strongly discouraged at Hailsham?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)