|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what job does Rodney and Chrissie report Ruth's possible worked at?
(a) A medical job.
(b) A janitor's job.
(c) An office job.
(d) An artisitc job.
2. How does the narrator say Ruth responded to the possibility of not taking the trip to Norfolk in chapter 13?
(a) She was relieved.
(b) She was depressed.
(c) She became angry.
(d) She was nonchalant.
3. In chapter 13, why does Ruby become irate when Kathy suggests they switch seats?
(a) Ruby does not want Kathy growing closer to Tommy.
(b) Ruby does not want Kathy to grow close to Rodney.
(c) Ruby does not like Kathy.
(d) Ruby does not like Rodney.
4. What one sign of her health struggles does Ruth show during the walk to the boat in chapter 18?
(a) She walks with a limp.
(b) She cannot walk at all.
(c) She must stop often.
(d) She is short of breath.
5. What is the woods?
(a) A wooded area around Hailsham.
(b) A mural on the wall of Hailsham's cafeteria.
(c) A hall at Hailsham that is decorated with trees.
(d) A room where the students study horticulture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Songs After Dark?
2. What happened in chapter 6 to the tape the narrator hid in her dorm room that contained her favorite song?
3. What rumors abound at Hailsham about students who wander into the woods?
4. Where is the recovery center where Ruth is living during her donations?
5. What items does the narrator say in chapter 18 she likes to window shop for and compare to the ones she has at home?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)