|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 18, the narrator mentions the name of a student from Hailsham who had difficulty dealing with being a carer. Who does she mention?
2. What is the definition of a possible as described by the narrator in chapter 12?
(a) The intended recipient of a clone's organs.
(b) The normal person a clone is modeled after.
(c) The scientist who created a specific clone.
(d) The parent of a clone.
3. How does the narrator say Ruth responded to the possibility of not taking the trip to Norfolk in chapter 13?
(a) She was relieved.
(b) She was depressed.
(c) She became angry.
(d) She was nonchalant.
4. Why does the narrator refuse to go visit Martin while in Norfolk?
(a) It is against the rules to visit donors.
(b) It is against the rules to see people who have left the Cottages.
(c) It is against the rules to socialize with other clones outside of approved areas.
(d) It is against the rules to visit a carer.
5. What vice is strongly discouraged at Hailsham?
(c) Premarital sex.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruth give the narrator in chapter 6 to replace her lost tape?
2. What items does the narrator say in chapter 18 she likes to window shop for and compare to the ones she has at home?
3. In chapter 12, the narrator suggests that the clones believed they could learn what from meeting their possible?
4. How long after the secret guard ended did Ruth appear in class with a pencil case?
5. Why did the narrator believe Ruth to be a good chess player?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)