|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-18 & Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the group comes upon a little hidden village and the men beg Sombo and the boys not to hurt them, what does one of the men offer Sombo as a gift?
(a) A banyan tree fruit.
(b) A drink of fresh water.
(c) A sweet potato.
(d) A bottle of Coca-Cola.
2. What event causes Arn to question whether Sombo is still his friend or not?
(a) Arn overhears Sombo telling another soldier how annoying he finds Arn's behavior.
(b) Sombo swears at him and spits on the ground when Sombo asks to go wherever Sombo is being taken by the high-ranking soldier.
(c) Arn sees Sombo strike Siv in the face for being clumsy.
(d) Sombo refuses to share his extra rice with Arn.
3. Where do Arn and Munny hide when they hear the sounds of a nearby battle during their make-believe game of war?
(a) In a pond near their house.
(b) In the branches of a nearby Banyan tree.
(c) In their rich next-door-neighbor's Mercedes.
(d) In the theater where they had seen the movie earlier that night.
4. Once he has run out of the house and is walking aimlessly, where does he end up spending night?
(a) In the high school parking lot.
(b) In the library.
(c) In a booth at McDonald's.
(d) On the floor of a motel lobby.
5. From where does Chantou send Arn a letter?
(a) From an opera house in Thailand.
(b) From their home village.
(c) From a mountain camp.
(d) From her adoptive parents' home in America.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to cause Arn to say that now "even the earth is our enemy" (126)?
2. Sophea brings news that someone in Arn's family has died while calling out for him. Who is it?
3. When Arn starts to cry during his speech at St. John the Divine, the man who introduces come over to ask Arn if he wants to stop. How does Arn reply to this question?
4. Arn hears a voice coming through a bullhorn, telling the refugees that it's okay to come out and he waits for what he thinks is a trick to end in gunfire and moaning. Instead, he hears a different sound. What is it?
5. The reader learns from the epilogue the fate of the real Sombo. What is this fate?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)