|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occurs in the American movie that causes Arn and Munny to hide their faces in their shirts?
(b) Displays of wealth like shiny new cars.
(c) Bloody battle scenes.
(d) A villain looking into the camera.
2. How do the Khmer Rouge soldiers react when Arn asks them if they want to play soccer with him?
(a) They kick the ball with little skill and frown the whole time.
(b) They put their guns down and engage in a real enjoyment of the game.
(c) They yell at Arn to go away and threaten to hurt his family.
(d) They mercilessly beat one of Arn's friends when Arn's team wins.
3. What happens the first time Arn plays volleyball?
(a) He sprains his ankle diving for the ball.
(b) He spikes the ball over the net and scores a point for his team.
(c) He runs into another kid, bloodying both of their noses.
(d) He tucks into a crouch when the ball falls from the sky toward him.
4. Using the method of time measurement that Arn and the other captives must use, eight harvests means he's been held captive for how long?
(a) 1 1/2 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 2 1/2 years.
5. When the radio makes clear that the Vietnamese soldiers really are coming, chaos erupts and many children run away in the melee. Sombo asks Arn why he doesn't run away to find his family. Why does Arn not run away?
(a) He is afraid that the Khmer Rouge will recognize him due to his fame and shoot him for the traitor they will consider him to be.
(b) He is afraid the soldiers in the next camp will kill his little sister Sophea if he runs away.
(c) He realizes that he has no idea why he does not run away; the thought has just never occurred to him.
(d) He now feels so far removed from his biological family that his friends seem much more important to stay close to in this world.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event causes Arn to question whether Sombo is still his friend or not?
2. What is Arn's solution for helping Siv remember not to hold the flag in front of Arn's face at the end of the dance?
3. What kind of platoon is Arn's sister traveling with?
4. When the five-year-old boy that reminds Arn of his little brother sneaks out night after night, returning only in the morning, what does Arn eventually find out he is doing?
5. After Arn becomes a sort of personal assistant to the leader with the white shorts, what privilege is he granted?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)