|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The boy who runs away from camp and escapes amidst a flurry of gunfire by the Khmer Rouge is a former boyfriend of which of Arn's siblings?
2. What dance do Arn and Munny perform for the crowd outside the theater?
(a) The Pony.
(b) The Twist.
(c) The Watusi.
(d) The Swim.
3. How do the Khmer Rouge trick the government soldiers into assembling together at the airport so that they can be killed more efficiently?
(a) They tell them that the prince has just arrived at the airport and that they should come welcome him back home.
(b) They tell them that their families are in danger but that they cannot tell them why until they all congregate together for a meeting.
(c) They tell them that they will each be given a large sum of money if they go to the airport to help fix the runways.
(d) They tell them that a large supply of food has just been flown in by the Americans.
4. Where do Arn and Munny go after the American movie to play a pretend game of war?
(a) The park.
(b) The soccer field.
(c) The mango grove.
(d) The town square.
5. When another child captive tells on Arn for lying to increase his number of work breaks, what do the Khmer Rouge soldiers impose as Arn's punishment?
(a) He is refused food for three days.
(b) He is forced to sleep in a pile of manure for three nights.
(c) He is forced to burn his uniform.
(d) He is tied to a tree and chastised by the other child captives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What occurs in the American movie that causes Arn and Munny to hide their faces in their shirts?
2. Which of the following is NOT a topic of the Khmer Rouge songs the children are taught to play with their musical instruments?
3. Why do Arn and his siblings live with their aunt?
4. When Chantou gets mad that Arn is working as a vendor, what is NOT something she says he should be doing instead?
5. How old is Arn when the novel's narrative first begins?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)